Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Spurs 1st XI much better than LFC 1st 11

Quote Originally Posted by mayofc2000 View Post
    People make mistakes. They signed lloris for 9m same as what we signed Mignolet for. They signed Vertonghen and Alderwald for 23m GBP and we signed lovren alone for 20m. They signed Ali of 4m GBP and we let him slip. They signed Kyle walker for less than half what we paid for Clyne and he is far better. They signed Wanyama for GBP 12m and he is a better DM than henderson who we signed for 18m. They signed eriksen for 13m and we signed lallana for 25m. Yes Jansen seems like a flop at the moment but i will give him one more season. Also thinking they wont make their money back on him is short sighted. They could easily loan him out and if he has a good season they can make their money back. Sissoko was a bad and panic signing. Fact is spurs have a much better transfer policy than we do and they even spend less on wages. The FSG model can work we just need the right scouts and manager and i believe klopp is the man
    I agree with this.

If you throw in a similar spine albeit better quality into the Liverpool side, you'll see Liverpool wipe the floor with Spurs. Why? Spurs may have that better spine at the moment, but do they have the necessary x factor that Mane, Coutinho and Firmino have?

I also disagree with the Alli better than Lallana debate. In my honest opinion, Adam Lallana is the best English attacking midfielder in the league. His performances prior to injury proved that. He produced his best return since his Southampton days.

Jurgen Klopps Liverpool will evolve, they will become stronger. Man City will become stronger when Pep signs reinforcements and signs Pep players in the spine of his team. Attacking wise, he's signed players on another level to Spurs in Gabriel Jesus and Leroy Sane. Mourinho will build a Mourinho side that will be in his own image. It isn't as of yet, and nowhere near it. Zlatan admitted as much. Spurs on the the other hand will stand still. There is very little room for improvement. This is to do with both the style of play of the manager, the clubs ambition, and their wage structure.

Anyone will be theirr mortgage will bet that Jurgen Klopp will build a team of champions long before Pochettino does.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mayofc2000 View Post
    I always excluded Mane and Coutinho. The two of them will definitely walk into the spurs team. I believe Klopp created a system to suit firmino. At dortmund he played with Lewandoski, Barrios and Aubameyang. He likes a proper CF who works hard as well. So Kane will suit our team well. I think where it becomes a bit more debatable is Lallana vs Dembele or henderson vs Wanyama. All in all we will agree to disagree but i respect your opinion. I hope we get 3rd position this season though
    I hope we do as well. You're absolutely right Klopp signed Barrios who is a very typical centre forward and Lewandowski shares some similarities with Kane but Spurs play slower than we do. Lewandowski drifted left a lot (being left footed) and Dortmund often played with Gotze or Reus left to come inside.

Kane drifting right with Mane inside would work but Kane isn't great in wide areas. Certainly much less effective than Lewandowski and Aubameyang. Spurs full backs provide the threat wide. When you consider our left side with Coutinho coming inside, Milner right footed I think Kane is excellent but I think we'd massively lose the quality Firmino brings when switching left from centre.

That creates space for Mane and Lallana. Just my opinion, certainly not fact and you may be right to disagree. I think Spurs first XI in stronger now but they haven't beaten us this season and I can imagine when Klopp has finished shaping our side we'll be above them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I hope we do as well. You're absolutely right Klopp signed Barrios who is a very typical centre forward and Lewandowski shares some similarities with Kane but Spurs play slower than we do. Lewandowski drifted left a lot (being left footed) and Dortmund often played with Gotze or Reus left to come inside.

Kane drifting right with Mane inside would work but Kane isn't great in wide areas. Certainly much less effective than Lewandowski and Aubameyang. Spurs full backs provide the threat wide. When you consider our left side with Coutinho coming inside, Milner right footed I think Kane is excellent but I think we'd massively lose the quality Firmino brings when switching left from centre.

That creates space for Mane and Lallana. Just my opinion, certainly not fact and you may be right to disagree. I think Spurs first XI in stronger now but they haven't beaten us this season and I can imagine when Klopp has finished shaping our side we'll be above them.
    He's predominantly right footed.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    He's predominantly right footed.
    I meant to type able to use his left and thinking Kane predominantly right footed but that's what happens after bank hol weekend

If you take a look at Spurs Alli and Kane are superb with balls into the box. Both 6ft 2. Eriksen and Rose are the best players at Spurs in terms of crossing. Eriksen taking up that inside right position as Walker races down flank means he can cross from shorter distance and be more accurate.

That suits Spurs as Kane even if he makes a run to his stronger right side can drag centre back and leave Alli against a smaller full back.

When Rose crosses they both can occupy a centre back each. That's why I question their ability to increase productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    If you take a look at Spurs Alli and Kane are superb with balls into the box. Both 6ft 2. Eriksen and Rose are the best players at Spurs in terms of crossing. Eriksen taking up that inside right position as Walker races down flank means he can cross from shorter distance and be more accurate.

That suits Spurs as Kane even if he makes a run to his stronger right side can drag centre back and leave Alli against a smaller full back.

When Rose crosses they both can occupy a centre back each. That's why I question their ability to increase productivity.
    Coach.

Can you do a piece on the x factor that we posess that maybe they don't to some degree. I'm a firm believer that we've a better front 4 than they do when ours are fully fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Coach.

Can you do a piece on the x factor that we posess that maybe they don't to some degree. I'm a firm believer that we've a better front 4 than they do when ours are fully fit.
    Spurs are very effective. Alli is narrow so they invite teams down their left and that creates space behind opposition full back for Rose when they counter and inside right for Eriksen. It's effective because they have a solid base of four with two holding with two centre backs.

It's not special, the players are not special just a good design. Our system currently is much more attractive, exciting and has more potential but also has some faults. We have more potential to vary our tactics and that will be the difference.