Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs 1st XI much better than LFC 1st 11

1. #1 Default Spurs 1st XI much better than LFC 1st 11 
    After watching Monday night football and hearing Jami Carragher say spurs have a better first 11 it got me comparing both 11s in my mind and spurs are actually way better. For a starter they take the entire back five. Only real competition is Clyne vs Walker and Walker wins (he starts for England). Harry Kane also definitely takes the striking position ahead of firmino. Mane and Coutinho play the wide positions. In midfield is a bit more difficult. Dembele definitely plays. Ali vs Lallana i think Ali takes it. Henderson over Wanyama.

So the team is Lloris, Walker, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose, Henderson, Ali, Dembele, Coutinho, Mane and Kane, That is 8 spurs players to 3 lfc players.

I believe this is where Klopp should be praised for keeping us very close to them despite the gap in class in players.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by mayofc2000 View Post
    After watching Monday night football and hearing Jami Carragher say spurs have a better first 11 it got me comparing both 11s in my mind and spurs are actually way better. For a starter they take the entire back five. Only real competition is Clyne vs Walker and Walker wins (he starts for England). Harry Kane also definitely takes the striking position ahead of firmino. Mane and Coutinho play the wide positions. In midfield is a bit more difficult. Dembele definitely plays. Ali vs Lallana i think Ali takes it. Henderson over Wanyama.

So the team is Lloris, Walker, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose, Henderson, Ali, Dembele, Coutinho, Mane and Kane, That is 8 spurs players to 3 lfc players.

I believe this is where Klopp should be praised for keeping us very close to them despite the gap in class in players.
    i don't think they are much better ..u could say that they have the most balanced XI in the league . i also think that matip is better than vertonghen and clyne is better defensively than walker. although they have a world class keeper.

If you're looking at which LFC players would get in the Spurs line up you're probably right, if done the other way then Clyne, Lallana and Firmino would stay in our line up as they suit our style better then Walker, Kane and Alli would. Unfortunately apart from city most of the defence and GK from the other top6 woukd be ahead of ours.

------------------------Lloris------------------------
    Clyne/Walker----Matip------Vertonghen----Rose
    ---------------------Henderson---------------------
    ------Wij/Dembele------------------Ali------------
    Mane-------------------------------------Coutinho
    -------------------------Kane-----------------------

Although Wanyama might be a better fit for them and Firmino might be a better fit for us. I don't think there's much difference in quality between the sides tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    i don't think they are much better ..u could say that they have the most balanced XI in the league . i also think that matip is better than vertonghen and clyne is better defensively than walker. although they have a world class keeper.
    Matip isnt better than Vertonghen. Not from what he has shown with us anyways. Also in an ideal world Matip comes up against Toby Alderwaald. Clyne is better defensively than walker yes but walker is better going forward. I picked walker because he starts ahead of clyne for England.

Quote Originally Posted by TG1234 View Post
    If you're looking at which LFC players would get in the Spurs line up you're probably right, if done the other way then Clyne, Lallana and Firmino would stay in our line up as they suit our style better then Walker, Kane and Alli would. Unfortunately apart from city most of the defence and GK from the other top6 woukd be ahead of ours.
    Dont see why clyne will remain ahead of walker. And kane will definitely drop Firmino. Klopp likes big centre forwards see Lewandoski and Aubemeyang. Firmino is only starting because we dont have consistent centre forward. Lallana vs ali is debatable but i dont see how Ali wont start for us. He will take Wijanldum's place at least.

Matip isnt better than Vertonghen. Not from what he has shown with us anyways. Also in an ideal world Matip comes up against Toby Alderwaald. Clyne is better defensively than walker yes but walker is better going forward. I picked walker because he starts ahead of clyne for England.
    so u would pick walker ahead of clyne just because walker starts for england or because he is bit better than clyne offensively?

We have better attacking players they have better keeper and defence but both teams much the same.

Typical FA cup break thread.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Typical FA cup break thread.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Agree with OP for the most part, I think only Mane and Coutinho would get into the Spurs team.

Klopp is working wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    We have better attacking players they have better keeper and defence but both teams much the same.
    Walker, Rose, Ali, Eriksen, Kane, Son. vs Clyne, Milner, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino and Wijnaldum. I think attacking wise we shade it but defensively they are far better.

Dont see why clyne will remain ahead of walker. And kane will definitely drop Firmino. Klopp likes big centre forwards see Lewandoski and Aubemeyang. Firmino is only starting because we dont have consistent centre forward. Lallana vs ali is debatable but i dont see how Ali wont start for us. He will take Wijanldum's place at least.
    Firmino is starting because Klopp absolutely loves him. I'm sure he won't be looking to improve on Firmino.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    so u would pick walker ahead of clyne just because walker starts for england or because he is bit better than clyne offensively?
    Walker had stinker on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Walker had stinker on Saturday.
    Clyne is better than Walker without a doubt.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Here we go lets talk up our rivals

Walker, Rose, Ali, Eriksen, Kane, Son. vs Clyne, Milner, Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino and Wijnaldum. I think attacking wise we shade it but defensively they are far better.
    I'd go with this. Most like to like direct comparisons are actually pretty close. The only ones they win substantially are Lloris and Vertonghen vs our GK and Lovren. Their team defense is markedly better than ours, certainly, on the other hand, their attack isn't close to ours (first XI, not the muck we've seen the last couple months without Phil and Sadio). Since in both head to head matches our midfield ran all over theirs I'd say we edge that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    I'd go with this. Most like to like direct comparisons are actually pretty close. The only ones they win substantially are Lloris and Vertonghen vs our GK and Lovren. Their team defense is markedly better than ours, certainly, on the other hand, their attack isn't close to ours (first XI, not the muck we've seen the last couple months without Phil and Sadio). Since in both head to head matches our midfield ran all over theirs I'd say we edge that area.
    Rose far better than Milner at LB and Toby much better than Matip. I am not fully convinced of Matip yet. Kane over Firmino anytime. They win 5 positions hands down (lloris, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose and Kane). We win Mane and Coutinho hands down. Rest is close. This is my opinion anyways. I accept you do see things differently

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Here we go lets talk up our rivals
    No talking up just stating the truth

Rose far better than Milner at LB and Toby much better than Matip. I am not fully convinced of Matip yet. Kane over Firmino anytime. They win 5 positions hands down (lloris, Toby, Vertonghen, Rose and Kane). We win Mane and Coutinho hands down. Rest is close. This is my opinion anyways. I accept you do see things differently
    Lloris, Vertonghen, Rose and Dembele are the only four I'd like to see in our first 11.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Clyne is better than Walker without a doubt.
    That is 50-50. I tilted towards walker because of his attacking attributes and because he starts ahead of clyne for england

Lloris, Vertonghen, Rose and Dembele are the only four I'd like to see in our first 11.
    You wont have Harry Kane and Toby Alderweirald? thats a joke. Ali as well.

That is 50-50. I tilted towards walker because of his attacking attributes and because he starts ahead of clyne for england
    I don't think his attacking attributes are any better than Clyne's. He tends to just boot it down the line run after and then hit and hope with his crosses. Many of which clear the opponents cross bar and he isn't as good as Clyne defensively. He's probably a bit quicker and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    ------------------------Lloris------------------------
    Clyne/Walker----Matip------Vertonghen----Rose
    ---------------------Henderson---------------------
    ------Wij/Dembele------------------Ali------------
    Mane-------------------------------------Coutinho
    -------------------------Kane-----------------------

Although Wanyama might be a better fit for them and Firmino might be a better fit for us. I don't think there's much difference in quality between the sides tbh.
    Surely Alderweireld gets in ahead of Vertonghen, at least? He's arguably the best cb in the league.
    Last edited by EndOfAStorm; 14-2-17 at 18:58.

You wont have Harry Kane and Toby Alderweirald? thats a joke. Ali as well.
    No I wouldn't. I'd give Matip the benefit of the doubt at the moment and I'm not too much of a fan of Kane even though I know his goal scoring record is good.

Ali, like Dier, is over rated.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    No talking up just stating the truth
    The truth or you're opinion?

I don't think his attacking attributes are any better than Clyne's. He tends to just boot it down the line run after and then hit and hope with his crosses. Many of which clear the opponents cross bar and he isn't as good as Clyne defensively. He's probably a bit quicker and that's about it.
    Thats not right. Walker much better attacking. 6 assist in the premier league from a right back is pretty good. We once tried clyne as a wingback and he was pretty bad. They are not close attacking wise

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    The truth or you're opinion?
    Lloris better than Mignolet
    Rose better than milner at LB
    Vertongen better than Lovren
    Alderweirald better than Matip
    Kane better than Firmino

I think that is very much facts. Mane and Coutinho are our two x factor players. the remaining 4 positions are debatable and its 50-50 at the very best. They have better individuals in their first 11 thats a fact

No I wouldn't. I'd give Matip the benefit of the doubt at the moment and I'm not too much of a fan of Kane even though I know his goal scoring record is good.

Ali, like Dier, is over rated.
    Matip is overated by us liverpool fans. Not very quick, not exactly dominant in the air for his height and not very strong or fantastic one vs one. Aldeweirald is on a different level at the moment. Kane is one of the best CF in the league. Firmino is good no doubt but next season he might not even be guaranteed a starting place.

Lloris better than Mignolet
    Rose better than milner at LB
    Vertongen better than Lovren
    Alderweirald better than Matip
    Kane better than Firmino

I think that is very much facts. Mane and Coutinho are our two x factor players. the remaining 4 positions are debatable and its 50-50 at the very best. They have better individuals in their first 11 thats a fact
    They are not facts at all they are you're opinions