Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Striker transfer options?

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    you wont find many 9s with as many assists as firmino though

so 15-18 goals plsu a lot of assists means he s not in the team for workrate ... but the chances he presents for others in front of goal along with his own goal threat

saying he is in the team for workrate alone is ridiculous
    when did i said workrate alone? i said that unlike sturridge who can also score 18+ goals firmino offers tremendous workrate and goals too which klopp wants from his forwards ..
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    you wont find many 9s with as many assists as firmino though

so 15-18 goals plsu a lot of assists means he s not in the team for workrate ... but the chances he presents for others in front of goal along with his own goal threat

saying he is in the team for workrate alone is ridiculous
    I reckon you could probably find quite a few - he only has 3 in the league so Ibra, Costa and Lukaku all have more for a start. Giroud also has 3 and barely starts games these days.

It's a surprisingly low tally for Firmino considering his high work rate and obvious creativity. It's clear from watching him that his movement and use of the ball creates numerous chances.

BeautifulHistory is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I reckon you could probably find quite a few - he only has 3 in the league so Ibra, Costa and Lukaku all have more for a start. Giroud also has 3 and barely starts games these days.

It's a surprisingly low tally for Firmino considering his high work rate and obvious creativity. It's clear from watching him that his movement and use of the ball creates numerous chances.
    Out all top 5 teams strikers only one player has created more chances than Firmino so I'm surprised he hasn't got more assists

Personally I think we need to go for a striker who is capable of playing out wide as well as #9
    The likes of Sanchez, Lacazette & Aubameyang are prime examples
    I'm not saying any one of these would be realistic, just that they're a good example of what we need.
    I'd still go for a back up striker to play as back up to Firmino & Origi but would be happy to go for an older, more experienced option there like a Defoe or Llorente (maybe even get Torres back...)

If we go for one, Id have my money on it being Azmoun or Dolberg.

Klopp was taking about Dolberg the other day. Maybe he'll be a target this summer.

Although I think we need a wide forward like Brandt or Williams