Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Does how we play matter?

As long as we win, I don't care.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Am I right in saying that we're once again the most televised team in the league?

I don't know if that's particularly part of the strategy but it's got to be worth a few - not just in terms of our share of broadcasting revenue but I'd think our sponsors might also pay a premium every time we're on telly.
    Quite possibly. I know I've only had to watch streams a couple of times other then the cups but I've also been subjected to a sickening number of ManUre displays as well as heaping loads of City, Chelsea, and Arsenal.

Yes. While I'd like us to win stuff, I couldn't endure the boring parking the bus tactics that Mourinho often employs.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Am I right in saying that we're once again the most televised team in the league?

I don't know if that's particularly part of the strategy but it's got to be worth a few - not just in terms of our share of broadcasting revenue but I'd think our sponsors might also pay a premium every time we're on telly.

I know Home and Away has suggested our style of play is a deliberate attempt to capture that audience, potentially even at the expense of a more successful but pragmatic approach. He might be right.
    Think I read this will be our 29th televised game, which will be the most ever in a PL season. Not bad.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    Yes. While I'd like us to win stuff, I couldn't endure the boring parking the bus tactics that Mourinho often employs.
    100%. Imagine watching that dross every week, it would be painful. I'm already a little disillusioned with what football has become and is still heading towards, at least I'm entertained watching my team.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    100%. Imagine watching that dross every week, it would be painful. I'm already a little disillusioned with what football has become and is still heading towards, at least I'm entertained watching my team.
    Even worse if you're from Asia (like me). Imagine staying up / waking up at 3.30 am to watch us playing turgid football.

The defeat to Sevilla was particularly hard to take (though the victories against Milan and more recently Dortmund were pleasant).

Across a more than a season
    Play with style but win vs win with no style, then style and win every time.

Across a game or a season
    Win with no style vs style with no wins, I'll live with

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    As long as we win, I don't care.
    Which perhaps begs a thread "does when we play matter?"..............

I see Moronho is moaning (again) about fixtures, suggesting the FA isn't support its team in Europe. Yes of course Josie, the FA who set all last games of the season to be on the same day (every league) and TV want it to be televised so Sundays KNEW weeks ahead of the final weekend that the mancs and their opponents' results wouldn't affect the league positions any.

Or maybe he thinks this late in the season now they can't finish top 4 or even 5th that they should break from standards and move their game forward. I doubt TV would mind, extra game they could show, but maybe the issue is more why the last weekend of the season is so close to the Europa League final.
    People will believe what they want to believe

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Sunday, winning is all that matters. I'd take a ******* beach ball goal at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Which perhaps begs a thread "does when we play matter?"..............

I see Moronho is moaning (again) about fixtures, suggesting the FA isn't support its team in Europe. Yes of course Josie, the FA who set all last games of the season to be on the same day (every league) and TV want it to be televised so Sundays KNEW weeks ahead of the final weekend that the mancs and their opponents' results wouldn't affect the league positions any.

Or maybe he thinks this late in the season now they can't finish top 4 or even 5th that they should break from standards and move their game forward. I doubt TV would mind, extra game they could show, but maybe the issue is more why the last weekend of the season is so close to the Europa League final.
    I wouldn't take any notice of the Special Once. He whines about the length of the grass and about teams that park the bus even though he's better at drawing than Tony Hart. Their 15 draws so far is the most they've got since they finished 6th in 1990/1991 under Taggart. They could easily beat that record tomorrow.

For the fans, Winning is what matters now

For Neutral viewers, how we play will determine if he continues watching us or not

In general, it's great to watch good football and to see your team flowing and skilful.
    Today, I couldn't care less as long as we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    I wouldn't take any notice of the Special Once. He whines about the length of the grass and about teams that park the bus even though he's better at drawing than Tony Hart. Their 15 draws so far is the most they've got since they finished 6th in 1990/1991 under Taggart. They could easily beat that record tomorrow.
    I try not to, and it seems more and more stop seeing him as entertaining and more an absolute bore. In fact I'd argue as trolls go he's arguably one of the biggest
    People will believe what they want to believe