Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alan A'Court Ran Down The Wing Twitter Thread...no fake tweets or off topic chit chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Defo-skitso View Post
    Who cares what is your issue with lallana and an extension
    the amount he deserves
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

FIOS is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    It happens. Hazard was pants last season too.

He's still top player, but I'm not sure about his pressing ability.
    Yea because that's one thing that stood out last season for Leicester. Their lack of hard work.

KeepTheFightForJustice is offline Academy prospect

Difference being, Hazard was outstanding before last season.

Mahrez can be looked at like a one season wonder tbh.

So peeps are now happy Adam Lallana signed a 120k p/w contract rather than a 150k p/w contract.

Ajax's Kasper Dolberg is 'fantastic' and has a 'great future' - Jurgen Klopp

Part of his interview with Ekstra Bladet.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Just happy he is not on150k like it was speculated
    Glad you've got that weight off your shoulders, it must of been really hard for you to deal with the speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    Glad you've got that weight off your shoulders, it must of been really hard for you to deal with the speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    So peeps are now happy Adam Lallana signed a 120k p/w contract rather than a 150k p/w contract.

That's something to be glad about, surely?

Yep, certain people act as though the money is actually being taken from their own personal account, comical.

Yep, certain people act as though the money is actually being taken from their own personal account, comical.
    Another day and another thing I agree with you on.

I feel like I'm coming down with something!

Snippes is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    No, definitely not Klopp. I think he's just sick of being the only talented player in the team, a bit like what Alexis is going through at Arsenal, except he's not pulling his weight this season. Maybe he can go and be part of the new rich Milan or Inter teams. Think that would suit him.
    I agree...except Alexis, like Suarez, only knows one way to play...that is playing 200% max effort no matter how peeved he is at his teammates, manager, fans, opposition....whatever, he takes it out on the ball and the opponents. Mahrez just mailed it after about 10 minutes of the first game of the season. The only game I can remember him showing up for was their City demolition. Though as we continue to see over and over again including yesterday, pretty much anyone can have a field day against Stones and company if just half try. I think you are right....I think he will bum off to whichever club throws money at him and the rest is just an afterthought. I wonder if Jose would fancy him - Jose sometimes has a weird under-appreciation for very talented players (Arjen Robben) and prefers the machine-like androids who play his brand of rigid bully football.

Talking about regressing to the mean, one guy who has really boomeranged back to Agent Average status is Drinkwater. I was a sceptic at first and then he slowly had me believing that maybe he was just one of those later bloomers and that he was actually fairly good, at least decent. It is so obvious now that it was all Kante propping him up - very average player.

I've not seen anyone act like that.

If we're on a fairly limited budget, as is often suggested, then surely you care about how much money we're offering the current batch of players?

Why wouldn't people be happy we're paying the players we have, who have zero chance of jumping ship, less wages?

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    BBC 5 live SportVerified account‏@5liveSport 17m17 minutes ago

One year ago: Mahrez & Vardy had 34 goals combined.

This season: 13.

Neither have scored since Dec 10th.
    Watch them coming flying out the blocks against Liverpool this weekend,

Snippes is offline First team regular

I think in Hazard case....and basically the rest of all of Chelsea players, they took the year off to stage a coup and get rid of Jose. Not for the first time.

I don't know why Mahrez gave up on an impossible to not like man like Claudio Ranieri. All Ranieri ever did was put him on a platform to get everything he got last season and then worked ever so hard to keep him over the summer rather than cash in which he could so easily have done. Repaying him this way is terrible IMO. I know its easy to say last season was a fluke and this is just them reverting to who they have always been. And I think there is a lot of truth to that. But I also think they all have done Ranieri a big disservice. It's one thing conceding world class goals like the one we saw against City yesterday. If you watch the lead up to the tackle in the box that led to the PK today, there were 5 Leicester players who could have done 20 different easy things to not let it get to that tackle, but instead, they all just stood around and watched as if in a trance and did nothing

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Why wouldn't people be happy we're paying the players we have, who have zero chance of jumping ship, less wages?
    Missed the point I was trying to make.

I found it funny how 150k was unacceptable but 120k is deemed acceptable. I thought it was funny.

I found it funny how 150k was unacceptable but 120k is deemed acceptable. I thought it was funny.
    Well, according to the bbc it was 110,000 a week. But yes that's more acceptable than giving him the additional thirty or forty grand.

Perhaps that's why people are more content with it? That and the understanding that our wage bill is increasing exponentially, with similar level players becoming our highest earners.

If I'm correct, I think he was on around 70,000 a week? So you'd have to decide whether what he's done here in his two and half seasons warrants a 40,000 wage increase? Obviously the player would argue that if he's signing a new deal, then he wants a cut of that unprecedented tv deal that's inflating player valuations. On one hand, given he's had roughly half a season of outstanding football (and that's taking into account that his level has actually dropped recently too) I don't think he's done a great deal to justify a new deal and a huge pay rise, but on the other he's now established himself as one of our better performers in the last few months so could argue that he is deserving of a pretty hefty wage rise if it's time for a new contract.
    Last edited by FIOS; 23-2-17 at 01:45.

It's 110,000 isn't it?

Besides, I don't think that's the point most are making. We have a limited budget to work with, so we have to be clever with how we distribute wages, rather than wasting them.

I believe Coutinho is now our highest paid player at 150,000 per week? Lallana, although very impressive for half a season, doesn't compare to him.

If we want to be bringing in better players, but have a limited budget to play around with, then 40,000 per week saving on Lallana's wages should be seen as a great thing.

We also need to stop wasting money on players who have no chance here. Markovic is on like 45,000 per week? I'm not sure how much of that we're paying though. Manninger (don't even know what he looks like) is taking thousands per week. etc etc

Based on what is there 'zero chance' of players jumping ship?
    Unless your on personal terms with the players and agents, that's just pure make believe......again. Any player who has less than 2 years remaining on their contract has the potential to 'jump ship,' anybody with common sense would realise that.

It's 110,000 isn't it?

Besides, I don't think that's the point most are making. We have a limited budget to work with, so we have to be clever with how we distribute wages, rather than wasting them.

I believe Coutinho is now our highest paid player at 150,000 per week? Lallana, although very impressive for half a season, doesn't compare to him.

If we want to be bringing in better players, but have a limited budget to play around with, then 40,000 per week saving on Lallana's wages should be seen as a great thing.

We also need to stop wasting money on players who have no chance here. Markovic is on like 45,000 per week? I'm not sure how much of that we're paying though. Manninger (don't even know what he looks like) is taking thousands per week. etc etc
    Lol it's not your money, relax. There are educated people working for 1 of the biggest sport's company's in the world who are being paid to do the number crunching.

It's 110,000 isn't it?

I honestly don't understand why posts such as this are considered moaning. There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about this. I'd hope this is exactly how the club view it.

I remember when the owners took over, and they were asked about lowering the wage bill. I think it was Werner who said no, the idea is to increase the wage bill. I would hope the idea behind that was first that we could increase the wage bill by hugely increasing the revenue but also that we would increase the wage bill because the best players demand big wages. I would hope the idea is to pay big wages to players who are worth it, which I absolutely think is something the owners have tried to do. They have tried to implement a system that rewards the better players here. Perform and you will earn. That's fantastic and admirable but it's not enough. We need to be able to do more when some of these big targets become available. Like with Sanchez and Draxler. We needed to be able to offer big money from the off. With Sanchez, we could offer marginally more than Arsenal But my hope is that instead of offering 10,000 more, we could have offered 60,000 more. That we could have offered 200,000 a week, the money allocated for Suarez, to make his decision to join Arsenal tougher. One way to do that is to limit the wages, and of course fees, being given to superfluous players who absolutely aren't making any sort of contribution to the side from the moment we sign them.

Well, according to the bbc it was 110,000 a week. But yes that's more acceptable than giving him the additional thirty or forty grand.

Perhaps that's why people are more content with it? That and the understanding that our wage bill is increasing exponentially, with similar level players becoming our highest earners.

If I'm correct, I think he was on around 70,000 a week? So you'd have to decide whether what he's done here in his two and half seasons warrants a 40,000 wage increase? Obviously the player would argue that if he's signing a new deal, then he wants a cut of that unprecedented tv deal that's inflating player valuations. On one hand, given he's had roughly half a season of outstanding football (and that's taking into account that his level has actually dropped recently too) I don't think he's done a great deal to justify a new deal and a huge pay rise, but on the other he's now established himself as one of our better performers in the last few months so could argue that he is deserving of a pretty hefty wage rise if it's time for a new contract.
    Pay rise yes but to 150 would have been madness in my view so I'm glad it's not that.

Based on what is there 'zero chance' of players jumping ship?
    Based on my view that no club bigger than Liverpool is going to sign him, and offer him 150,000 a week.

Where would Lallana go from here?

And I don't literally believe there is "zero chance" of him leaving. It's a phrase used to emphasise my view that the chances of him leaving a very small. I credit you with the intelligence to understand that point without further explanation.
    Last edited by FIOS; 23-2-17 at 02:01.

Based on my view that no club bigger than Liverpool is going to sign him, and offer him 150,000 a week.

Where would Lallana go from here?
    Your view doesn't mean there is 'zero chance'.

Your view doesn't mean there is 'zero chance'.
    Youre arguing a redundant point that I've already addressed in the above post.

Would you like me to explain it further and in simpler terms?

Youre arguing a redundant point that I've already addressed in the above post.

Would you like me to explain it further and in simpler terms?
    Lol there's nothing for you to explain, your factually wrong....again. I'll further explain it to you, to claim a player who has around 2 years left on his contract, has 'zero chance of jumping ship', is totally incorrect.

Lol there's nothing for you to explain, your factually wrong....again. I'll further explain it to you, to claim a player who has around 2 years left on his contract, has 'zero chance of jumping ship', is totally incorrect.
    Yes I know I'm factually wrong. I've already established that myself in the previous post.

Youre still arguing a redundant point. It seems you do require a further explanation after all?

Why do you do this to yourself?

Don't we have a bonus policy based on performance? You become one of the best players in the team you get paid accordingly? I don't see the problem with that myself. Perhaps the point with Lallana is if we sign more quality and he is on decent wages he stays and is happy to be rotated rather than look for an out.

If Can for instance sees this he thinks, do much better and get paid much better. A young quality player sees that if he fulfils his potential the club will reward him for it and he comes here because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWoodwork View Post
    Watch them coming flying out the blocks against Liverpool this weekend,
    It's a nap, isn't it?

But really. We're a much better side than them. We should be coming away with all three points.

Quote Originally Posted by theamerican00 View Post
    Don't we have a bonus policy based on performance? You become one of the best players in the team you get paid accordingly? I don't see the problem with that myself. Perhaps the point with Lallana is if we sign more quality and he is on decent wages he stays and is happy to be rotated rather than look for an out.

If Can for instance sees this he thinks, do much better and get paid much better. A young quality player sees that if he fulfils his potential the club will reward him for it and he comes here because of that.
    I think that's very much what the owners have set up. They have tired to establish a meritocracy and performance related bonus, which you have to give them credit for.

That's great for the players we have here but not so great when it comes to trying to sign some players.