Notices
Closed Thread
Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 2,971 to 2,976 of 2976

Thread: The Alan A'Court Ran Down The Wing Twitter Thread...no fake tweets or off topic chit chat.

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    On the other hand, Coutinho to Barca is getting pushed hard in the media, so we could be spending some money this summer.

It's almost two years since we sold one of our best players after all.
    Glad we held out for that little bit extra for Benteke too, some wanted to sell him at half the price
    Klopps beard twin
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Even if we have the money it should bother us what we pay. You can't just go out and spend 50 million pounds on a player who's true value is somewhere around 30 million.

And as we've seen before as soon as you start over paying for players other clubs expect you to do the same when you want their players. That's why when City go In for players they have to pay stupid money to get them.
    I agree 50m is silly money.
    But I think unless there is a bidding war, agents and media get involved he will end up leaving for around 35m
    Klopps beard twin

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    I don't understand why Chelsea would be willing to spend 50m on another centre back. They deploy a system that doesn't need individual brilliance in defence, just basic competence. They could sign pretty much any decent level centre back and they'd still work well in that system.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    I don't understand why Chelsea would be willing to spend 50m on another centre back. They deploy a system that doesn't need individual brilliance in defence, just basic competence. They could sign pretty much any decent level centre back and they'd still work well in that system.
    Quite rights, a few players there have been suprises- but perhaps the theory is if 'decent' players are performing so well in this systen, imagine how 'great' players will do, plus they can afford it.
    Klopps beard twin

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Yea but then I'd rather be in Chelsea and City's position over paying for players than be in ours when we still over pay anyway.

When you have that wealth, what you pay isn't a major concern. In fact, overpaying is what put them on the map in the first place.
    Maybe so, but we haven't overpaid with Klopp so far and I don't see us starting now.

Plus theres no guarantee Van Dijk comes in and does well anyway.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    New Twitter thread is about to open