Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364
Results 1,891 to 1,902 of 1902

Thread: Firmino - NOT A CF

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Two stunning performances from Roberto Firmino on the spin.

12 goals ain't a bad tally at this stage at all. Plus you then add what he gives you in a game in addition to the goals. Its working!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    On a serious note. Whens he gonna karate kick Coutinho after he scores.

He just missed him last week and did it again tonight

What is that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBarnes79 View Post

What is that all about?
    Its about "don't you even think about leaving for Barca, Phil my friend, or I kick your ****** head in!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    That's because Sturridge doesn't run much, doesn't press at all, is painfully slow and hasn't gone past his marker for years. It's nothing to do with style of play, but individual quality.

All this "Firmino makes Mane and Salah score more" is the same nonsense as Wijnaldum knitting it all together for us.
    Evidence suggests he does though surely.

I still say fix the midfield first, get more solid, we'll score as many goals anyway. Look to upgrade where its needed the most first. Firmino isn't a problem for us in the slightest.

What a player, fits like a glove with the pace of Mane and Salah in behind, such a great player to play with. He really likes doing the little things for others, and working his socks off, on top of that he is a very intelligent player with superb skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Collard Greens View Post
    What a player, fits like a glove with the pace of Mane and Salah in behind, such a great player to play with. He really likes doing the little things for others, and working his socks off, on top of that he is a very intelligent player with superb skills.
    It does fit very well and its horrible to defend against. Owen has a good balanced opinion on all of this.

“Liverpool spread their goals around and if they played with an out-and-out striker, a real No.9, then maybe they wouldn’t have the fluency and movement that they are showing at the moment.

“It suits the way they are playing and the style right now but if a top centre forward was available I don’t think Jurgen Klopp is against having one.”

12 goals, 7 assists.
    Last edited by aGothAndaJock; 7-12-17 at 11:05. Reason: mistake

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    He was amazing again last night.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    No really, you improve upon what you have when you get the opportunity.
    DOK is right though when he says we have bigger priorities

Doesn't mean you can't strengthen another area but the priority needs to be our biggest weakness

We don't need to improve on Firmino, we need to improve on Sturrdige. Just someone, who can play this type of football and actually sprint (and not get injured). Sturridge can't do high intensity anymore.

Seeing that we might be using Salah as a striker a lot in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a wide attacker again at some point, whoever that might be.

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    So Klopp played Salah as a central Striker last night and he was quality, again!

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    We don't need to improve on Firmino, we need to improve on Sturrdige. Just someone, who can play this type of football and actually sprint (and not get injured). Sturridge can't do high intensity anymore.

Seeing that we might be using Salah as a striker a lot in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a wide attacker again at some point, whoever that might be.
    Personally I don't think you can improve on Firmino in the role he plays - Which in our set ups is nominally a cf.
    I struggle to think of any player in Europe who could do the role as well.

Yes he won't gat as many goals as Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi but he will win the ball on the counter break more than any attacking player in Europe is a genius for his vision and skill inside the box.
    If we were to get a Striker - it definetly won't be to replace Firmino - He is irreplaceable.
    Also I think working with a manager who truly uses his potential - Klopp - Must be priceless.