Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2297

Thread: Firmino - NOT A CF

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Two stunning performances from Roberto Firmino on the spin.

12 goals ain't a bad tally at this stage at all. Plus you then add what he gives you in a game in addition to the goals. Its working!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    On a serious note. Whens he gonna karate kick Coutinho after he scores.

He just missed him last week and did it again tonight

What is that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBarnes79 View Post

What is that all about?
    Its about "don't you even think about leaving for Barca, Phil my friend, or I kick your ****** head in!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    That's because Sturridge doesn't run much, doesn't press at all, is painfully slow and hasn't gone past his marker for years. It's nothing to do with style of play, but individual quality.

All this "Firmino makes Mane and Salah score more" is the same nonsense as Wijnaldum knitting it all together for us.
    Evidence suggests he does though surely.

I still say fix the midfield first, get more solid, we'll score as many goals anyway. Look to upgrade where its needed the most first. Firmino isn't a problem for us in the slightest.

What a player, fits like a glove with the pace of Mane and Salah in behind, such a great player to play with. He really likes doing the little things for others, and working his socks off, on top of that he is a very intelligent player with superb skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Collard Greens View Post
    What a player, fits like a glove with the pace of Mane and Salah in behind, such a great player to play with. He really likes doing the little things for others, and working his socks off, on top of that he is a very intelligent player with superb skills.
    It does fit very well and its horrible to defend against. Owen has a good balanced opinion on all of this.

“Liverpool spread their goals around and if they played with an out-and-out striker, a real No.9, then maybe they wouldn’t have the fluency and movement that they are showing at the moment.

“It suits the way they are playing and the style right now but if a top centre forward was available I don’t think Jurgen Klopp is against having one.”

12 goals, 7 assists.
    Last edited by aGothAndaJock; 7-12-17 at 11:05. Reason: mistake

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    He was amazing again last night.
    ?

mcdiggerman is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    No really, you improve upon what you have when you get the opportunity.
    DOK is right though when he says we have bigger priorities

Doesn't mean you can't strengthen another area but the priority needs to be our biggest weakness

We don't need to improve on Firmino, we need to improve on Sturrdige. Just someone, who can play this type of football and actually sprint (and not get injured). Sturridge can't do high intensity anymore.

Seeing that we might be using Salah as a striker a lot in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a wide attacker again at some point, whoever that might be.

BearWithMe is online now First team regular
    So Klopp played Salah as a central Striker last night and he was quality, again!

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    We don't need to improve on Firmino, we need to improve on Sturrdige. Just someone, who can play this type of football and actually sprint (and not get injured). Sturridge can't do high intensity anymore.

Seeing that we might be using Salah as a striker a lot in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign a wide attacker again at some point, whoever that might be.
    Personally I don't think you can improve on Firmino in the role he plays - Which in our set ups is nominally a cf.
    I struggle to think of any player in Europe who could do the role as well.

Yes he won't gat as many goals as Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi but he will win the ball on the counter break more than any attacking player in Europe is a genius for his vision and skill inside the box.
    If we were to get a Striker - it definetly won't be to replace Firmino - He is irreplaceable.
    Also I think working with a manager who truly uses his potential - Klopp - Must be priceless.

This guy still doesn't get anywhere near enough praise.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    This guy still doesn't get anywhere near enough praise.
    He wont do cause people have made that much of a fuss having a go they will just ignore the fact now

He wont do cause people have made that much of a fuss having a go they will just ignore the fact now
    Basically.

Too many stubborn fans can't admit they were wrong

Basically.

Too many stubborn fans can't admit they were wrong
    Then you'll get people callin me for askin why they need to say they are not wrong

It was the same with not finishing in the top 4 last year and many many more threads.

Then you'll get people callin me for askin why they need to say they are not wrong

It was the same with not finishing in the top 4 last year and many many more threads.

We all get things wrong like me and Salah

Best thing to do is put the pride away

Bobby has been awesome of late. He's the unsung hero of our attack for sure and is such a selfless player.

Before the season started I thought Bobby would have his most productive year yet, in terms of numbers. If he manages to bag 25+ goals in all comps (which is possible) and continues to create alongside that, I don't think many will be able to question his position in the side.

I have flittered between wanting a new first choice ST and not over the past year and a half, but I don't think that's a priority at this point. Like another poster suggested above, we do need to replace Sturridge, but It wouldn't surprise me if Jurgen favoured another FW who can play on the flanks instead.

A lot will depend on how Solanke fares over the rest of the season too. If Dominic can start to impact upon games and put the chances away, Jurgen may be content with his options. At this point I'd priortise signing a CB, DM and GK above a ST. When Coutinho leaves, it's imperative that we bring in another wide option too. Especially when taking into consideration that Jurgen has been using Mo in central positions of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    Bobby has been awesome of late. He's the unsung hero of our attack for sure and is such a selfless player.

Before the season started I thought Bobby would have his most productive year yet, in terms of numbers. If he manages to bag 25+ goals in all comps (which is possible) and continues to create alongside that, I don't think many will be able to question his position in the side.

I have flittered between wanting a new first choice ST and not over the past year and a half, but I don't think that's a priority at this point. Like another poster suggested above, we do need to replace Sturridge, but It wouldn't surprise me if Jurgen favoured another FW who can play on the flanks instead.

A lot will depend on how Solanke fares over the rest of the season too. If Dominic can start to impact upon games and put the chances away, Jurgen may be content with his options. At this point I'd priortise signing a CB, DM and GK above a ST. When Coutinho leaves, it's imperative that we bring in another wide option too. Especially when taking into consideration that Jurgen has been using Mo in central positions of late.
    That's about it for me too

I think Firmino is incredible really, pulls that whole forward line together and those focusing more on a traditional number nine don't fully appreciate what Firmino does in my opinion, although a more traditional nine would be handy from the bench

There is always lots of discussion around a traditional nine can do the things that Firmino does too, just be more clinical, but I'm struggling to see one. There might be some who can link play, find all those pockets of space, have his technical talents and press intelligently etc...but I can't see one who does those things as well as Firmino. Would love to see one of course but nobody on this thread has yet to find one (Werner and Aubeymang are it but they can't perform those functions with as much impact IMO and are just better finishers, well with Werner I'm not so sure on that either)
    Last edited by welshypool; 20-12-17 at 10:04.

We all get things wrong like me and Salah

Best thing to do is put the pride away
    Its a nice mistake mate

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post

You have knocked it on the head there.

The guy is just unique and when he is flanked by the likes of Coutinho, Mane, Salah etc, its all pretty devastating. I think the attack can get even better with the Ox getting up to speed and the return of Lallana too.

Gazza74 is online now LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    I'd still like a new out and out striker to be signed so we have competition for places and the abiity to rotate that position and not ruin Solanke with to much to early. Replace Sturridge with a quality striker and we'd be set fully.

I think Bobby is a top class player and is doing a cracking job as number 9, my only doubt was whether he could score enough goals over the season as he's always seemed to be better starting deeper and able to come on to things rather than needing to be in the box all the time but he is mixing it up ok for now.

Get a new striker and we have all bases covered, park the bus sides would have more issues if we could go 2 up top and Firmino/new striker pulling them about along with the likes of Cou, Salah, Ox and Mane, etc, the option to use different systems would be nice indeed.

Never doubted bobby as a player, he's top quality, but would still love a new striker to boost the squad as relying on Solanke at this stage is a bit much, as talented as he is, Firmino can't play every game, he'd be done by February. See what Jurgen does.

My view is still the same as it was months ago. Goals isnt an issue, Bobby is doing fine, Salah is doing fine, Coutinho is doing fine, Mane is doing fine. Sturridge needs replacing but we shouldn't be spending circa £100m on a top class striker to replace him as that would be daft when we have players like Lovren, Henderson, Gini and Mingolet getting games week in week out.

Itís not a guaranteed starter we need, itís something different. When the Fab Four are out we have plenty of options already but we donít have a poacher, against those Park the bus teams we need someone to come on just simply to finish the very few opportunities we make sometimes. Obviously finding one of those isnít easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    It’s not a guaranteed starter we need, it’s something different. When the Fab Four are out we have plenty of options already but we don’t have a poacher, against those Park the bus teams we need someone to come on just simply to finish the very few opportunities we make sometimes. Obviously finding one of those isn’t easy.
    Or we need a midfield who are posative on the ball and create from very little, brave players so to speak. Henderson, Milner, Gini, even Can are not known for their creativity. If we can get the ball to Salah etcl im pretty confident they can finish say 1 out of 3 chances.

I love Bobby I always go on and on about how much he reminds me of this absolute legend!!

https://youtu.be/M7Fb1cI4SKI

https://youtu.be/HgylZXB643M

Jari Litmanen.

Credit to Firmino today. He was terrific.

Can't hold up, can't run the channels...but works hard.

Quality player, on course to score around 25 this season which would be a good return from him.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Special player.