Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OFFICIAL: LFC appoint Peter Moore as its new Chief Executive Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by mountbeautygeorge View Post
    Another offering from the Moore's household :
    Mrs M: Another good week dear?
    Mr M: Yes pretty quiet. That thing with Leipzig has died a death. One of the players has hurt his back so I hear. The club's thinking of sending him to Spain to see if the warmer weather might help it. Don't know how long it might take. Another of our chaps has strained his thigh I think. Oh, yes there was also a bit of a hoo-hah again middle week from that chap I mentioned to you before from Southampton. Looks like he vaguely might want to come to our club. Don't think there's much in it though.
    Mrs. :When does the season start?
    Mr M: Tomorrow I think.
    Probably the least funniest joke on these boards for some time. Especially when you joke about someone without knowing their job.

''Pls (please) allow me to provide a respectful reminder that managing activities such as player transfers is NOT amongst my CEO responsibilities

"Our sporting director and manager and their teams manage that side of the club and I am extremely confident in their abilities to do so''
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    Probably the least funniest joke on these boards for some time. Especially when you joke about someone without knowing their job.

''Pls (please) allow me to provide a respectful reminder that managing activities such as player transfers is NOT amongst my CEO responsibilities

"Our sporting director and manager and their teams manage that side of the club and I am extremely confident in their abilities to do so''
    Noted and apologies for any offence.
    loyal since 1960.

Maybe he has a good giggle over supper at the prowess of our world class sporting director.

Anfield stands as a proud symbol of Liverpool’s global financial muscle, yet just a few yards away are some of the most impoverished areas in the country where food poverty is a real issue.

The stark contrast between the money spent on Anfield and on the footballers who play there has not been lost on the club, who launched their Red Neighbours programme in January to tackle the issues which affect those living in the shadow of the stadium.

“On the field of play you have talent in the Liverpool team worth hundreds of millions of pounds and yet 200 yards away you have families who struggle to put three square meals on the table every day,” chief executive officer Peter Moore said.

“The economic demographic of postcodes L4, L5 and L6 represents some of the most impoverished areas in the United Kingdom.

“We have kids who, because parents can’t afford anything better, go to school with a Diet Coke and a bag of Doritos, which is far from ideal.

“We are not blind to the irony of what you can see on these great European nights and then you walk the streets and people are in need.

“That would be irresponsible and immoral and we are doing everything we can to do our bit to help as best as we can with food, educational programmes and physical activities.”

Earlier this month Liverpool announced they would start paying all staff the real living wage as a minimum from the start of June 2018 and before last month’s 3-0 win over Huddersfield a record 728 kilograms of food was collected by a pre-match food bank.

There will be another food bank collection ahead of Saturday’s visit of Southampton, while other activities such as walking football for the over-50s, chair-based yoga and a social club at Anfield for the elderly community and an education centre for youngsters are now regular events on the calendar.

“We are a unique city and the impact we have, both positive and negative, we take seriously,” added Moore.

“The impact we can sometimes have is negative around the stadium itself so like any good neighbour who has some resources we try to spread the wealth.”

Anfield stands as a proud symbol of Liverpool’s global financial muscle, yet just a few yards away are some of the most impoverished areas in the country where food poverty is a real issue.

The stark contrast between the money spent on Anfield and on the footballers who play there has not been lost on the club, who launched their Red Neighbours programme in January to tackle the issues which affect those living in the shadow of the stadium.

“On the field of play you have talent in the Liverpool team worth hundreds of millions of pounds and yet 200 yards away you have families who struggle to put three square meals on the table every day,” chief executive officer Peter Moore said.

“The economic demographic of postcodes L4, L5 and L6 represents some of the most impoverished areas in the United Kingdom.

“We have kids who, because parents can’t afford anything better, go to school with a Diet Coke and a bag of Doritos, which is far from ideal.

“We are not blind to the irony of what you can see on these great European nights and then you walk the streets and people are in need.

“That would be irresponsible and immoral
    and we are doing everything we can to do our bit to help as best as we can with food, educational programmes and physical activities.”

is Liverpool's chief executive saying football has given the city of liverpool so much?

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    is Liverpool's chief executive saying football has given the city of liverpool so much?
    No.

He is saying that the stark difference between the wealth of the club and the poverty you find around the ground, isn't being ignored.

And the club can, and will, help where it can.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    If he is saying that, he is correct to an extent. The founder of this great club helped the people of the city in many ways when it had one of the poorest records for unemployment in Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    No.

He is saying that the stark difference between the wealth of the club and the poverty you find around the ground, isn't being ignored.

And the club can, and will, help where it can.
    Credit to the club for that.

“That would be irresponsible and immoral and we are doing everything we can to do our bit to help as best as we can with food, educational programmes and physical activities.”

Earlier this month Liverpool announced they would start paying all staff the real living wage as a minimum from the start of June 2018 and before last month’s 3-0 win over Huddersfield a record 728 kilograms of food was collected by a pre-match food bank.

There will be another food bank collection ahead of Saturday’s visit of Southampton, while other activities such as walking football for the over-50s, chair-based yoga and a social club at Anfield for the elderly community and an education centre for youngsters are now regular events on the calendar.

“We are a unique city and the impact we have, both positive and negative, we take seriously,” added Moore.

“The impact we can sometimes have is negative around the stadium itself so like any good neighbour who has some resources we try to spread the wealth.”
    Yet not too far away is an impoverished part of the country? There hasn't been a trophy seen at the Cowshed since 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Yet not too far away is an impoverished part of the country? There hasn't been a trophy seen at the Cowshed since 1995.
    . Whatever happened to that teetotalling Methodist club?

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    . Whatever happened to that teetotalling Methodist club?
    The Village Peoples Club.

The Village Peoples Club.
    lol. Blaming our John Holding for splitting up Everton because he was greedy when it was the holy roller, teetotalling villagers who wanted him out because he sold a pint of Guinness.

Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    lol. Blaming our John Holding for splitting up Everton because he was greedy when it was the holy roller, teetotalling villagers who wanted him out because he sold a pint of Guinness.
    I thought it was because he raised the rent to £2 a year and they couldn't afford it. Back then there was such a thing as inflation.

I thought it was because he raised the rent to £2 a year and they couldn't afford it. Back then there was such a thing as inflation.
    The rent was raised but other people were involved not just Holdings. It was village gossip by the teetotalling Methodists that Holdings was solely responsible, because he owned a brewery.

I feel the need to complain to Peter about the MTs/loot boxes in Battlefront 2. I think he’ll come up with a great answer for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    I feel the need to complain to Peter about the MTs/loot boxes in Battlefront 2. I think he’ll come up with a great answer for some reason...
    Don't be a cheap skate. buy LFC boot laces. They last longer

Débora Gomes, a former translator who started working with United when Di Maria joined, says he was “unhappy” for two reasons.

“I noticed a lot,” she told Esporte Interativo. “So much so that I had the opportunity to talk to him. And he was unhappy at the club.

“Firstly, he couldn’t communicate with anyone. And second because he realised the club bought him not because the club thought ‘oh, he will bring titles to us because he is a good player.’ No. Because they simply wanted to sell his shirts.

“This I heard inside the club, the people talking. ‘Di Maria sells T-shirts, so let’s buy him’. So he was not happy.

“Then I realised, after Sir Alex Ferguson left the club, the club lost interest in football. It’s money, money, money. It’s making money and that’s it. So the players, when they try and decide who to buy, they will meticulously say: ‘what will bring more money?’ They are not thinking of bringing joy to the fans. They are thinking of selling.”
    --------------------------------------

If this was said about Liverpool, we would never hear the end of it on here!