Notices
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG - Excellent, Poor or Indifferent? Play it again Sam..

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    I had only 4 posts in last thread, I've already got 4 in this one.

I would not worry, this place is unexplainable, like the twilight zone,
    I have one set of folk telling me that I am entitled, expecting too much and wrong to complain, while on the other hand there are some telling me that I am wrong for accepting mediocrity !

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    Dilk I'm back. See they have given us another thread. I am working on a new title for the Thread like the Power of the LFC Supporters Voice.

I think Home and Away said something very relevant in his last sentence. This in my view is wrong. nobody is talking about entitlement we are talking about change, and how our voice can be heard effectively to bring about change.
    That is right, none of us feel entitled, we expect nothing, but people tend to speak out when they see what they think may be a problem, if all was hunky dory, hardly anyone would speak up.
    There is nothing wrong with wanting better, certainly nothing wrong with wanting our league position and success to match that of our financials, especially as nowadays it is becoming the norm for the most expensive teams to be the most successful.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Indeed.
    As I have said numerous times before, I think we may have actually turned a corner, despite using what seems to be a pretty poor transfer strategy, and making some pretty backwards decisions like promoting that Edwards chap.
    We did actually make a couple of decent signings last summer and it we can keep it up this summer, then I hope we can come on even more.

I do find it hard to stay away from this FSG thread, despite saying I will leave it alone, It just keeps pulling me back !
    What more did you want from fsg? They have plunged money in the club. Cleared our debts. The club is behind chelsea and city. Them two are run on unlimited funds.

Man u and arsenal have been superbly run for 20plus years. During the time man u and arsenal were run so well, we were run so poorly. They are far ahead of us in numerous ways from the stadium, academy, players and stability.

We are behind those four clubs. Yet we have still spent so heavily despite only one cl position in 6 years. The problem with us was the two managers we had and their transfer and tactics.

Kenny maybe should have been given another year but he spent bucket loads and only got us 8th.

Rodgers was a revelation at one point and everyone asked for him to be backed after we finished second. We were backed, he bought loads of players. We even matched arsenals offer for sanchez but we did not get him because he wanted london.

Klopp chose not to sign more players in the summer. He himself admitted he did not buy but he had the backing to buy players. Same goes for in january.

We have largely been let down by the management in their player recruitment. The transfer committee was not great but the managers had final say on transfers. Sure there were some restrictions with age and wages but we still outspent the likes of spurs by so much but still failed to finish ahead of them on numerous occasions.

One issue that people forget to highlight was losing gerrard and carragher. They propped us up for a long time having two top top players like that coming through and staying for the duration they did.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    But we aren't Newcastle or Villa.
    We easily could be with owners as terrible as some around here make FSG out to be.

Dilk I'm back. See they have given us another thread. I am working on a new title for the Thread like the Power of the LFC Supporters Voice.

I think Home and Away said something very relevant in his last sentence. This in my view is wrong. nobody is talking about entitlement we are talking about change, and how our voice can be heard effectively to bring about change.
    I wish you luck with your project.

However, you seem, perhaps, not to grasp the reality that the belief that you have a 'right' to be listened to as an individual or as a group is, in itself, a sense of entitlement. The idea that LFC must change, because you believe change is necessary, is a sense of entitlement. You may not use the word itself, but the words you use are those of one who feels entitled.

I suggest that if you (your being the imaginary future pressure group you desire) wish your efforts to have an effect, you employ somebody who is skilled (and experienced) at choosing words that get the actual message across that you want to get across.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    We easily could be with owners as terrible as some around here make FSG out to be.
    We are a huge club, one of the biggest in world football. We certainly aren't a Newcastle or a Villa.

Although some would suggest we shouldn't aspire to be.

Two pages before the sly digs begin, it did not take long, good night ladies and sweet dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri_Bates View Post
    100% accurate ive said it before and ill say it again without a sugar daddy owner FSG are the next best thing and quite honestly they are perfect owners for a football club that wants to be run correctly. Most fans of most clubs would love Citys owners but dont forget other than 3 clubs in English football the rest would all love FSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Are you a 'fan' of LFC because they are LFC come rain or shine or are you a 'fan' searching for a club that gives you what you feel entitled to?
    Did you complain about the ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by Home_and_Away View Post
    Why are you taking my words so personally and being so defensive? As you point out, it's an open discussion about the situation the club is in.

I responded to one of your posts that you then defended by saying it was a commentary about 'other people' rather than your own thoughts. Since then I have posted using the third person "one" to discuss those same 'other people' that you commented upon.

However, to respond to one of your comments and one of your beliefs, "I do not think that is too much to ask for considering...", I disagree. Until such time as a fan starts putting serious money on the table to pay for all the upgrades and changes they feel are needed, to actually have a real stake in the running of the club, the decisions made and the results achieved, then I do believe it is indeed too much to ask for, to demand, to expect or to feel entitled to anything. Anything at all. The club is not entitled to a trophy this year or next. Or ever. Similarly, the fan is not entotled to anything at all. On the other hand, a fan can hope and/or dream for whatever they want. So, in my opinion, any fan who thinks it is correct and proper to ask for, demand or expect the owners to act in a manner to deliver what they hope for, is living a bit surreally.
    So if I hear you right unless someone puts big money on the table to pay for whatever and a stake in running the club we sink or swim with FSG like we have been doing for the past 26 years. That may be the one reason and the one cause we are where we are.

Why assume that there is no collective desire for the same thing. This isn't about one fan or a few fans. This is about where the club is going. It's not entitlement. If you want a trophy you have to earn it no one is talking about freebees. Every supporter is entitled to have his club run properly. Those in power need to say what they mean and mean what they say, otherwise there is no accountability.

We need to get organised properly into a real global supporters structure. Once we have that in place it's a whole different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Did you complain about the ticket prices
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by RumFizz View Post
    100% accurate ive said it before and ill say it again without a sugar daddy owner FSG are the next best thing and quite honestly they are perfect owners for a football club that wants to be run correctly. Most fans of most clubs would love Citys owners but dont forget other than 3 clubs in English football the rest would all love FSG.
    We should not be worried about who else would like FSG as owners. This is about us where we are going as a club not just a team of players.

Does anyone doubt we will win the league under FSG and Klopp ? i honestly dont. They're building slowly and success doesnt happen over night but in the 7 years they been here we had how many finals ? and how close to the league ? with a little luck we could of been looking a europa league 2 league cups an fa cup and a league title . almost the most successful time in recent history. I dont see the last 7 years as complete failure with what they're doing off the field aswell with redevelopment and the commercial side its fine. The trophys will come with a little more luck in finals and more experience for the players.
    Last edited by RumFizz; 5-3-17 at 19:41.

So if I hear you right unless someone puts big money on the table to pay for whatever and a stake in running the club we sink or swim with FSG like we have been doing for the past 26 years. That may be the one reason and the one cause we are where we are.

Why assume that there is no collective desire for the same thing. This isn't about one fan or a few fans. This is about where the club is going. It's not entitlement. If you want a trophy you have to earn it no one is talking about freebees. Every supporter is entitled to have his club run properly. Those in power need to say what they mean and mean what they say, otherwise there is no accountability.

We need to get organised properly into a real global supporters structure. Once we have that in place it's a whole different ball game.
    If the ownership of a club is one based around a membership (fans, supporters, shareholders or whoever) then those 'members' are very much entitled to a say in the clubs affairs. Non members are entitled to NOTHING except free speech. Please do not confuse British society's acceptance and understanding of the right to free speech as also being the right to have others listen to you!!!!

If one buys or has a very small stake, for a very small sum of money, in the club - then one is entitled to a say. But for one's words to have any effect, one needs to have a very large stake, for a very large sum of money.

LFC is where it is right now because of the real world in which it trades and does its business.

Fans wanting something else are entitled to have their hopes and their dreams. They are, however, not entitled to having their hopes and dreams provided to them.

Not even the owners, FSG or other, always get what they hope or dream for. Does the Arab or the Russian get what he wants every year? So what on earth gives an individual fan the notion that they will get what they want if they get a few mates together as a lobby/pressure group?

We should not be worried about who else would like FSG as owners. This is about us where we are going as a club not just a team of players.
    I dont worry with FSG as the owners , if you ask another question and say do i want owners like City have i may say yes but i certainly am not condemning FSG for the work they have done over the 7 years in charge. I think they are doing a very good job . With a little more luck in finals and the league run in when we finished 2nd we would have had some of the best years of recent times under them. Its really small margins we are talking about and i dont blame them for that.

They have made mistakes for sure but they have done lots of good things aswell. I just think its wasted energy praying for a sugar daddy to buy us out and buy us success.

Does anyone doubt we will win the league under FSG and Klopp ? i honestly dont. They're building slowly and success doesnt happen over night but in the 7 years they been here we had how many finals ? and how close to the league ? with a little luck we could of been looking a europa league 2 league cups an fa cup and a league title . almost the most successful time in recent history. I dont see the last 7 years as complete failure with what they're doing off the field aswell with redevelopment and the commercial side its fine. The trophys will come with a little more luck in finals.
    This is what i said before too. And also this season. The reality is if we had got 15 points from the 21 in jan and feb, we would be possibly top or thereabouts. Instead we got 6. This year could easily have been a title charge. Had klopp played his cards right and learnt from last years disastrous january, we could have had much more.

He also chose not to rotate the squad and employed some strange tactics and subs. He could have added a couple more players in the summer but chose not too. We are in the top four still and could have easily been a title charge but for our management mistakes. Not fsg mistakes.

Still klopp will get it right but is taking a bumpy ride.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    We are a huge club, one of the biggest in world football. We certainly aren't a Newcastle or a Villa.

Although some would suggest we shouldn't aspire to be.
    well said.

Quote Originally Posted by PejiVanbasten View Post
    This is what i said before too. And also this season. The reality is if we had got 15 points from the 21 in jan and feb, we would be possibly top or thereabouts. Instead we got 6. This year could easily have been a title charge. Had klopp played his cards right and learnt from last years disastrous january, we could have had much more.

He also chose not to rotate the squad and employed some strange tactics and subs. He could have added a couple more players in the summer but chose not too. We are in the top four still and could have easily been a title charge but for our management mistakes. Not fsg mistakes.

Still klopp will get it right but is taking a bumpy ride.
    Like i said before id be far more worried if we beat all the smaller clubs and couldn't beat the top 6 clubs. I think our issues are far easier remedied than the clubs that cant beat the top 6.

I felt dispirited, tagged on to the end of the last March against the Texans, listening to the masses of fans inside. As low as I can remember. Lost at home to Blackpool, getting the news stuck in a traffic jam on my way home.

If we couldn't get our act together for the Texans, what chance with the Bostonians? For the record, they're doing ok (generally) imo.

Blimey - you have to love these hippies that think its ignorant and negative to complain about the team they support

Look at Arsenal, I reckon most fans anywhere, would love to be in Arsenal's position....
    They are always in the top4 with their current boss and that means European football, they play a decent brand of football, they have a talent for spotting good youths....
    But their supporters are not happy.....

And yet its a crime for us to want better from FSG and Klopp

The respect FSG earned in saving us and giving us stability, has been eroded.....
    Eroded by the failed "transfer committee", eroded by the sacking of the "Director of Football", eroded by the sacking of 3 managers in 7 seasons, eroded by one trophy win and 1 top 4 finish in 7 seasons, eroded by the paltry 119m spend net on transfer over 7 seasons......
    119m over 7 seasons, last summer the vidiprinter broke 1 billion in premiership deals, theres the gap, the gap between dreams and reality..

Its ok to complain about ticket prices, but its not allowed, when it comes to hopes and expectations.......
    FSG apparently paid less than 300m for the club, 7 seasons later its worth a billion plus.... Seems the owners have meet their hopes and expectations
    How about the owners meet the hopes and expectations of the the fans and create a winning team on the pitch.....
    Last edited by Mysteron; 6-3-17 at 10:09.

The PR is getting worse in here. Now we're not allowed to have high expectations and have to be grateful we haven't dropped off from the top 10. Jog on lads.

Of course I expect better from our owners from their time here.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ84 View Post
    The PR is getting worse in here. Now we're not allowed to have high expectations and have to be grateful we haven't dropped off from the top 10. Jog on lads.

Of course I expect better from our owners from their time here.
    You know that something is amiss when posters start claiming that they are the perfect owners !!!

This summer they need to give Klopp lots of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    This summer they need to give Klopp lots of money!
    If and when he gets the money he has to invest it well, recognize where we are weak and make those positions stronger, obviously with the best quality possible.
    Let's face some of our managers before Klopp have had really good money but not invested it well.
    Last edited by grudge; 6-3-17 at 10:05.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    If and when he gets the money he has to invest it well, recognize where we are weak and make those positions stronger, obviously with the best quality possible.
    Let's face some of our managers before Klopp have had really good money but not invested it well.
    Aye Brendan definitely wasted a lot of money, I am on the fence with Kenny, they let him buy players but then got rid of him before he even had a chance to make them work.

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Does anyone doubt we will win the league under FSG and Klopp ? i honestly dont. They're building slowly and success doesnt happen over night but in the 7 years they been here we had how many finals ? and how close to the league ? with a little luck we could of been looking a europa league 2 league cups an fa cup and a league title . almost the most successful time in recent history. I dont see the last 7 years as complete failure with what they're doing off the field aswell with redevelopment and the commercial side its fine. The trophys will come with a little more luck in finals and more experience for the players.
    This is bizarre!

7th, 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 6th, 8th - the WORST 7 year spell since 1948 - 1955

There is nobody that can't have doubts that we will win the league under FSG

Well said I agree with everything you said

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    This is bizarre!

"almost the most successful time in recent history "

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    "almost the most successful time in recent history "

That's just the league though, if you want to add cups in as well then it's a slightly different story

League

Cups
    1 League Cup win - the worst 7 year trophy haul since 1956 - 1963

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    This is bizarre!

I can't see the next seven years being anything like that spell, there is a clear progression on and off the pitch now even if the worst sceptics want to accept it or not. I mean this even with our ups and downs at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Luises-Finger View Post
    I felt dispirited, tagged on to the end of the last March against the Texans, listening to the masses of fans inside. As low as I can remember. Lost at home to Blackpool, getting the news stuck in a traffic jam on my way home.

If we couldn't get our act together for the Texans, what chance with the Bostonians? For the record, they're doing ok (generally) imo.
    This is the whole point, getting the act together. Are we assume that the LFC supporters/ fan base is limited to who posts on here or go to matches etc. We have never had any structural means of bringing all the global supporters together into a forum to discuss the clubs issues, because it is assumed we have to take what we get from the ownership. We do not even know what is possible and what isn't and after 26 years we are still no better off. What about all the other members of the clubs other forums what do we know about them and their views.

If this base is not important why do we go there in pre season. Who buys the shirts at 100 euros a pop. We seem to feel that FSG came to Anfield on white horses to save us and we owe them. They came to buy Anfield because it was in their eyes a franchise going so cheap they couldn't say no. It's just a business to them, whereas for us it's about a football club one of the biggest in the world, and the greatest. It's about the direction the club is going in, and the supporters having no input or say in that direction.

It's not about sugar daddies or Arabs or Russians. That's all garbage if I may say so. It's about running a club, having a team a team that can compete with the best in the world. Money is needed for every business especially sport. It's what one does with it that counts, and the value you get for it.

So if we can't at least get a dialogue going here in this forum, fine, then maybe we look to other options.