Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG - Excellent, Poor or Indifferent? Play it again Sam..

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    I can't see the next seven years being anything like that spell, there is a clear progression on and off the pitch now even if the worst sceptics want to accept it or not. I mean this even with our ups and downs at the moment.
    He's right. Why are we measuring ourselves against Burnley with no disrespect to them at all. I thought this was a club that measured itself against the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca, Milan etc or at least that was the case in my day. We don't have the time or money to waste on hanging around. There are too many other people and clubs coming into play that have the resources and want to be at the top.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    This is the whole point, getting the act together. Are we assume that the LFC supporters/ fan base is limited to who posts on here or go to matches etc. We have never had any structural means of bringing all the global supporters together into a forum to discuss the clubs issues, because it is assumed we have to take what we get from the ownership. We do not even know what is possible and what isn't and after 26 years we are still no better off. What about all the other members of the clubs other forums what do we know about them and their views.

If this base is not important why do we go there in pre season. Who buys the shirts at 100 euros a pop. We seem to feel that FSG came to Anfield on white horses to save us and we owe them. They came to buy Anfield because it was in their eyes a franchise going so cheap they couldn't say no. It's just a business to them, whereas for us it's about a football club one of the biggest in the world, and the greatest. It's about the direction the club is going in, and the supporters having no input or say in that direction.

It's not about sugar daddies or Arabs or Russians. That's all garbage if I may say so. It's about running a club, having a team a team that can compete with the best in the world. Money is needed for every business especially sport. It's what one does with it that counts, and the value you get for it.

So if we can't at least get a dialogue going here in this forum, fine, then maybe we look to other options.
    I'm not sure what you are suggesting?

If you think anything can be said or done on these boards that will influence the owners, I'd say you are going to be disappointed.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Aye Brendan definitely wasted a lot of money, I am on the fence with Kenny, they let him buy players but then got rid of him before he even had a chance to make them work.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post

If you think anything can be said or done on these boards that will influence the owners, I'd say you are going to be disappointed.
    Thank god for that. It would be like the lunatics taking over the asylum.

Yep, It will all be for nought, that is why I always tell Ron that moaning non stop will not help matters one iota.
    People power is a thing of the past, it only gets you anywhere nowadays when you hit them in the wallet.

Anything like this on here will be all over the place, there are a lot of wums and wind up merchants, plus the dedicated FSG PR team that would all pipe up to put the dampeners on things,
    even if there was any chance of them listening in the first place.

Nice idea but ultimately a waste of time I think.

The only thing we can do is sit back and hope we improve, if we continue to get nowhere under Klopp then more and more people will question the owners and then we might actually get somewhere.

I agree and this is not the forum to it. This is the forum to try to get people on the same page who would like to see change, so that we can look at options etc and then take it to a global forum. We only need a small % of the global base to come together using media technology and you'll see who will start to listen and it won't just be FSG.

Grotton I understand and appreciate your position. We need to bring the issues into the open so we can have a sensible dialogue, and how we can use our influence inside the club.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    No - people are waking up to the fact that the lunatics that have been running the asylum, got the medication wrong
    and the blindly loyal that thought they were godsgift, should of been signed off as inept long before now....

I agree and this is not the forum to it. This is the forum to try to get people on the same page who would like to see change, so that we can look at options etc and then take it to a global forum. We only need a small % of the global base to come together using media technology and you'll see who will start to listen and it won't just be FSG.

Grotton I understand and appreciate your position. We need to bring the issues into the open so we can have a sensible dialogue, and how we can use our influence inside the club.
    FSG are no where as bad as you are trying to make out, we are where we are and have to work harder to be where we want to be. There are no quick fixes for us....

It doesn't have to be if it is moderated and overseen properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    No - people are waking up to the fact that the lunatics that have been running the asylum, got the medication wrong
    and the blindly loyal that thought they were godsgift, should of been signed off as inept long before now....
    They may have got the medication wrong after the first diagnosis, but they are using the right medicine now, hopefully the patient will get better soon.

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    I can't see the next seven years being anything like that spell, there is a clear progression on and off the pitch now even if the worst sceptics want to accept it or not. I mean this even with our ups and downs at the moment.
    One good first half of a season does not constitute clear progression at all

In the last 10 years, at this stage of the season, these clubs have all been in the position we are now
    Bolton
    Villa
    Newcastle
    Everton
    Southampton
    Leicester

Clear progression is continuous improvement in our league position over a few years we haven't had a year by year improvement in this 7 year period at all - not 2 years in a row have we bettered our league position

Off the pitch is debatable too - we were 6th richest team when FSG took over. Now we are 9th
    If as a few pointed out, that's a bit subjective - our total revenue however is not

We have gone from a revenue of 304 million to 367 million - a rise of 20%
    In the same period United's has risen by 47%

Essentially the TV money alone has accounted for much more than our annual increase in revenue

I'm speaking as a fan.

The only supporters who have any power to influence the Club are those who go to the games...it's who got rid of Roy and who forced a rethink on ticket prices.

If you are thinking about fans buying the club, again...it's pie in the sky.

There were attempts to do this, when we were trying to get H & G out and it went nowhere.

The amount of money you'd need now is mind blowing.

As for social media being used put pressure on the owners...again...it isn't going to work...and they aren't going to take any notice of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    One good first half of a season does not constitute clear progression at all

In the last 10 years, at this stage of the season, these clubs have all been in the position we are now
    Bolton
    Villa
    Newcastle
    Everton
    Southampton
    Leicester

Clear progression is continuous improvement in our league position over a few years we haven't had a year by year improvement in this 7 year period at all - not 2 years in a row have we bettered our league position

Off the pitch is debatable too - we were 6th richest team when FSG took over. Now we are 9th
    If as a few pointed out, that's a bit subjective - our total revenue however is not

We have gone from a revenue of 304 million to 367 million - a rise of 20%
    In the same period United's has risen by 47%

Essentially the TV money alone has accounted for much more than our annual increase in revenue
    For me this is a new chapter and what has happened in the past means little at the moment, I'm only concerned with what I see on the pitch now and for me there is clear progression even with the latest ups and downs. From where we were it was never going good to be easy to get back on our feet especially with owners who knew next to nothing about football, that has shown to be the case over the seven years.

I'm speaking as a fan.

The only supporters who have any power to influence the Club are those who go to the games...it's who got rid of Roy and who forced a rethink on ticket prices.

There were attempts to do this, when we were trying to get H & G out and it went nowhere.

As for social media being used put pressure on the owners...again...it isn't going to work...and they aren't going to take any notice of it.
    It would take the likes of a near-empty home ground to make most owners take real notice of supporters' feelings.

FSG are no where as bad as you are trying to make out, we are where we are and have to work harder to be where we want to be. There are no quick fixes for us....
    Grudge I hear you but it isn't just about that. Work how much harder. This is a little boys team the weakest squad in living memory. You have someone like Edwards who doesn't know his a...... from his elbow when it comes to football and players. Anyone who brings that ******** moneyball nonsense to a club like ours has to tell you a lot about the owners. You think Barca is worried about moneyball they are worried about Messi and the 35 mill salary they are going to offer him. This is the world we have to compete in Now, never mind the future years.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    It would take the likes of a near-empty home ground to make most owners take real notice of supporters' feelings.
    And given the clamour for tickets here...and the way they are sold, in blocks...it's harder to do nowadays.

I'm speaking as a fan.

Good.There has been progress with the club, on and off the pitch. All this bellyaching is coming at the wrong time, especially with the new stand and new academy. Klopp will strengthen the side in the summer, no doubt. He's done pretty well with Mane, Matip and Wijnalden.
    He has said FSG have put no restrictions on him. Trust the man, and let's see how things progress.
    Last edited by agb1037; 6-3-17 at 11:46.

To be honest DD things are nowhere near, nowhere near warranting anything like that.

Grudge I hear you but it isn't just about that. Work how much harder. This is a little boys team the weakest squad in living memory. You have someone like Edwards who doesn't know his a...... from his elbow when it comes to football and players. Anyone who brings that ******** moneyball nonsense to a club like ours has to tell you a lot about the owners. You think Barca is worried about moneyball they are worried about Messi and the 35 mill salary they are going to offer him. This is the world we have to compete in Now, never mind the future years.
    This is the problem though we are not Barcelona, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Man City or Chelsea, We are Liverpoolfc and we are where we are and that isn't going to change anytime soon, when fans like yourself accept our position which is no where as bad as some make out.

Let me ask you an important question, is our squad the weakest in living memory as you claim because of lack of investment or how the investment was spent?
    Last edited by grudge; 6-3-17 at 14:33.

They may have got the medication wrong after the first diagnosis, but they are using the right medicine now, hopefully the patient will get better soon.
    Too much harping on the past 27 years.

And given the clamour for tickets here...and the way they are sold, in blocks...it's harder to do nowadays.
    To be honest DD things are nowhere near, nowhere near warranting anything like that.
    I wasn't for a moment suggesting such a thing might come to pass at Anfield... that's why I generalised.

Remember the dissatisfaction with owners/chairman at Villa many years ago... fans outraged at no spending on new players... boos all around the ground, banners at every game... but the ground was still full.
    Owners just rode with it.

That's why I said that owners would only really take notice if fans stayed away.

I wasn't for a moment suggesting such a thing might come to pass at Anfield... that's why I generalised.

Remember the dissatisfaction with owners/chairman at Villa many years ago... fans outraged at no spending on new players... boos all around the ground, banners at every game... but the ground was still full.
    Owners just rode with it.

That's why I said that owners would only really take notice if fans stayed away.
    Yes, I see what you meant. The thing is a lot of money has been wasted, no doubt. I don't think that is now the case. Klopp knows the type of players he wants and he will eventually build a team to win things. People have no patience.

Yes, I see what you meant. The thing is a lot of money has been wasted, no doubt. I don't think that is now the case. Klopp knows the type of players he wants and he will eventually build a team to win things. People have no patience.
    Yep. He said himself that we're not even near halfway in the development that he wants to build.

I don't doubt that we'll get there.... an LFC to be feared.

Yep. He said himself that we're not even near halfway in the development that he wants to build.

I don't doubt that we'll get there.... an LFC to be feared.
    Agree.

How I feel is that fans nowadays want a sugar daddy to blow a ridiculous amount of money on players and ridiculous wages

Not giving a toss what happens off the pitch what modern day football about.

No I'm not going to jump up in the air and day owners are the best in the world like said before about them.

I look at it like this the end of the 80s Liverpool was modern day country with rich income for its country .

From 90's to around 2010 , Liverpool became poverty third world country with no income.

From 2011till now Liverpool small country with growth , potential and slowly bringing income back to country

Instead of waffling and creating another talking shop, why don't you and your buddies create a fund to buy the club if you are going global. Or make a huge investment in the club to put your money where your mouth is.

Instead of waffling and creating another talking shop, why don't you and your buddies create a fund to buy the club if you are going global. Or make a huge investment in the club to put your money where your mouth is.
    Hahaha - agb is upset..... And as usual completely back to front and wrong.....
    Really global, really..... How about instead of running before we can crawl, we start of with trying to conquer the premier league, before we think about the World Club Cup
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 6-3-17 at 12:53. Reason: insult removed

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Oh leave it out! That implies that us fans can't wait just a few years before we start to win things

Build a team to win things? "We firmly believe that the direction the club is heading in will lead to Premier League championships. We will embrace the unconventional, build the right way and together set a bold, exciting course for this historic club."
    Rodgers 5 years ago

"This is a unique football club and I'm delighted to have the opportunity to help build something special here again"
    Dalglish 7 years ago

We're being patient, we're used to it

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Oh leave it out! That implies that us fans can't wait just a few years before we start to win things

Build a team to win things? "We firmly believe that the direction the club is heading in will lead to Premier League championships. We will embrace the unconventional, build the right way and together set a bold, exciting course for this historic club."
    Rodgers 5 years ago

"This is a unique football club and I'm delighted to have the opportunity to help build something special here again"
    Dalglish 7 years ago

I agree, it's as trotted out about us not being "patient" as it is the suggestion we "accept mediocrity".

I find it a little funny that people talk of others having no patience yet their belief is time will heal all and we'll win things if we are patient, a bit like suggesting if you buy lottery tickets until you're dead you will eventually win ......... possible but not a given, there are more controllable elements to winning the league than the lottery, but some may still be beyond our (limited) control
    People will believe what they want to believe

Rodgers 5 years ago

Dalglish 7 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I agree, it's as trotted out about us not being "patient" as it is the suggestion we "accept mediocrity".

I find it a little funny that people talk of others having no patience yet their belief is time will heal all and we'll win things if we are patient, a bit like suggesting if you buy lottery tickets until you're dead you will eventually win ......... possible but not a given, there are more controllable elements to winning the league than the lottery, but some may still be beyond our (limited) control
    Agreed.

Liverpool fans are some of the most patient around, probably.