Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Man City (a) - Sun 19th 16:30 - Sky Sports

I feel so frustrated that we didn't get all three points today.

Emre Can had a great game but we were so wasteful with our chances.

It could easily have ended 3-3 instead of 1-1.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    There is points in the majority of the recent posts I actually agree with. Our best 11 is undoubtably as good as anything in the league. I would say it's better than Arsenals and 100% better than both Man United's and Spurs. I doubt it if anybody will beg to differ.

However......this is the negative.

The squad is at best, mid-table. There is no depth whatsoever. What had we got attacking wise to change things? Divock Origi and 17 year old Ben Woodburn. How many squads in the top 10 are seriously as weak as that?

I'm not going to blame anyone as such. The reason being is that it's difficult to figure out if it's Klopp or the owners.

I agree with everything that it is said. Depending on what reports you read, Jurgen Klopp has a net spend of anything between -8 million to -16 million. In other words he has to spend to break even.

A lot of people dismiss net spend and say it's irrelevant. I disagree. Spending has always been about both incoming and outgoings. If you take in more than you spent, you've essentially spent nothing.

The owners have to dig deep and back the boss. Serious spending needs to be done.

As for the "Lazar Markovic" thing. I call that just like the Mario Balotelli debacle. Too many cooks spoil the broth. Was Rodgers strong enough to say no to the transfer committee? I don't so. Would either have been signed if Klopp was boss? Not a chance.

The moral of the story is quite simple. Give Klopp the backing and he'll deliver. Remember this is a man that won the Bundesliga with a squad that he built, that cost less than Mesut Ozil.
    and you're posting this in the match-day thread for what reason?

Happy with a point considering there were missed opportunities for both teams.
    The team performed well and the defense put in a decent shift. We just need keep building on this.The next match is equally a tough one on 1st April. I hate this long breaks as we dont play so well after these long breaks. Lukaku is on fire but we need to win the everton game.

If we could just take our chances we would have won. In fairness though they also had a fair amount of chances to win the game.

That Lallana miss though, WOW!

Thought Phil was very poor again last night....don't know what has happened to him

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Great game, good performance, good point...but I just can't get over that Lallana miss. Genuinely one of the worst I've seen from a Liverpool player, and such a big miss too. Unforgivable. I think a lot would have taken a point before the game, but I'm massively disappointed after that. I've saw Firmino get a lot of stick for not scoring his chances, which is fair enough, but he also won the penalty and laid an absolute sitter on a plate for what should have been the winner.

Can was brilliant too, a real big game from him.

Also, nice to see one of the most blatant troll melts on here will be taking a break for a while

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Great game, good performance, good point...but I just can't get over that Lallana miss. Genuinely one of the worst I've seen from a Liverpool player, and such a big miss too. Unforgivable. I think a lot would have taken a point before the game, but I'm massively disappointed after that. I've saw Firmino get a lot of stick for not scoring his chances, which is fair enough, but he also won the penalty and laid an absolute sitter on a plate for what should have been the winner.

Also, nice to see one of the most blatant troll melts on here will be taking a break for a while
    Agree with all of that. Also can't get over that miss....absolutely unacceptable not to finish that!

Absolutely agree it was a great game of football from two teams who actually try to play good fluid football and of course we should all be a little disappointed because we had some wonderful chances to win the game.
    A lot of people keep saying we need to spend big, but looking at that city side and the cost of those players on the pitch you would think the performances of both teams suggested their cost were very close.
    My point is, it's not how much you spend it's how you spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Thought Phil was very poor again last night....don't know what has happened to him
    He's still finding his rythm after that injury.

Coutinho had an average game but Origi was terrible especially he came on when City were looking tired.

Agree with all of that. Also can't get over that miss....absolutely unacceptable not to finish that!
    even if he had managed to get his timing right (I think he was expecting the ball across to be faster from mane) we wouldn't of deserved to win. but then I need to stop looking at football in terms of deserved.

also I can't believe you are slating his finishing, he made caballero produce a good save in the first half, and his finishing has been brilliant all season. It's sad when fans only opinion of a player is not how well they have performed the entire match but of the moment they could of put us in front in a tight game.

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    even if he had managed to get his timing right (I think he was expecting the ball across to be faster from mane) we wouldn't of deserved to win. but then I need to stop looking at football in terms of deserved.

also I can't believe you are slating his finishing, he made caballero produce a good save in the first half, and his finishing has been brilliant all season. It's sad when fans only opinion of a player is not how well they have performed the entire match but of the moment they could of put us in front in a tight game.
    Come on, it was a terrible miss. He's been brilliant most of this season, but that was a big miss he should be scoring 10/10.

What a game

City should have scored at least 6 goals

you can see why their manager is so angry with them being so wasteful in front of goal

Ourselves we were sloppy attaching play but we also should have score at the least for 6 goals as well

Upset that we didn't get the points because for periods of the game City looked tired and jaded and we should have put the game to bed

It also highlights that we need more pace in our attack and a defensive midfielder must be brought in the summer

I have been very critical about Can played very well as central midfielder but deathly not defensive midfielder

I've been very critical of two Liverpool players before the season started

Coutino always thought he was the supporting cast for the best players inconsistent not knowing his best position not strong enough for the English league doesn't score enough goals

Start of the season looked far superior player looks like he was ready to step up a real consistent threat as well as a goal threat

Having an injury and then signing a new contract his comeback player what I've never really thought he was ready to be a top player definitely one player might being thinking that we need to sell

Lallana never rated him at Southampton & why did brought him, physically weak no pace inconsistent not a goalscorer not required ability to play for a top team

Like Coutino is far better player beginning the season and again like Coutino when he got injured and then sign the wapping contract

He went back the same player what I've never like

Firmino I've always back him as I saw him as a 15 goalscorer and at least 15 assists type of forward.

Way too inconsistent not deadly enough in front of goal

Love are right side defensively Mane, Clyne, Matip tight as a bottle defensively

Left side defensively big worry Coutino, Milner , Klavan what is exposed like a nudist beach
    Last edited by BeautifulHistory; 20-3-17 at 09:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasownsyou View Post
    And second pass now.

Lucas kicking away the ball. Mane was free.

Lucas have destroyed Liverpool since 2008 from within.
    Why bring him on for 2 mins ?

Hahaha the usual suspects always find a way to moan about Lucas

get a life lads !!

[QUOTE=MrDilkington;12455432]Hahaha the usual suspects always find a way to moan about Lucas

get a life lads !!

[/

Im certainly not moaning so please dont assume ....i asked a question and thats all . Its the fact that i have a life that im not always here .

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post

Im certainly not moaning so please dont assume ....i asked a question and thats all . Its the fact that i have a life that im not always here .
    I just think its funny that you and a few others always have to bring him into it and most of the time he has done nothing wrong.

Just admit that you dont like him !!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I just think its funny that you and a few others always have to bring him into it and most of the time he has done nothing wrong.

Just admit that you dont like him !!
    If you have read or followed any of my posts since i joined , you will see i have several times said i dont like Lucas the footballer, i am bewildered how a very average footballer has managed to stay at our great club for 10 years . What he is like as a guy i dont know and dont care about .

LFC is whats important here and that will always be the case , and again i brought him into my conversation because i simply could not fathom out with under 2 minutes left why JK would bring him on when we as a team / unit were doing very well .

Its as simple as that... and the fact he gave the ball away with his first touch doesnt matter , all im saying is why bring him on ?

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    Why bring him on for 2 mins ?
    If you dont know the answer to that you know nothing about football

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Sergio shoild have done better your right

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Sergio shoild have done better your right
    We're talking about the miss that cost us a massive win...

We got a quality point in mancland yet some still look to play the blame game even Lucas is getting it for his tiny cameo roll.....beggars belief

We're talking about the miss that cost us a massive win...
    Sergio miss saved us a masdive defeat

Sergio miss saved us a masdive defeat
    So we can't talk about our own player's performance? Give it a rest, it was an awful miss that cost us a big win. It was disappointing.

If you dont know the answer to that you know nothing about football

In your opinion i know nothing about football ? yes every team brings on players to run the clock down , but we were still in the ascendancy so no need to think negatively .

liverpool19734 is offline Academy prospect
    So we can't talk about our own player's performance? Give it a rest, it was an awful miss that cost us a big win. It was disappointing.
    Bad miss but single moments aren't the determining factor of a win or loss. He wasn't the only one who missed easy chances.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    Bad miss but single moments aren't the determining factor of a win or loss. He wasn't the only one who missed easy chances.
    That was a determining factor. Clearly. Completely missing a tap in is a massive moment, and in the end it cost us a win. Nobody missed as easy a chance as that.

Thought he was actually improving as the game went on. Started poor but once city got tired he had more room and created a few chances. I wouldn't have took him off for Origi, I actually can't believe how bad Origi was he was running around like he had started the game.

liverpool19734 is offline Academy prospect
    That was a determining factor. Clearly. Completely missing a tap in is a massive moment, and in the end it cost us a win. Nobody missed as easy a chance as that.
    And his performance the other 90 minutes allowed us to be in a good position or did that cost us the chance of winning as well? A single moment is never the reason of a win, loss or draw.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool19734 View Post
    And his performance the other 90 minutes allowed us to be in a good position or did that cost us the chance of winning as well? A single moment is never the reason of a win, loss or draw.
    He had a tap in to win the game and completely messed it up. Simple as that.