Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lukaku Tells Everton He Wants Out

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    its his techniue concentration and close control i question at the highest level

but he does have some awesome strengths to his game also.
    He would be a better option than Origi I think.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

He would be the perfect signing for Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriekback View Post
    He would be the perfect signing for Arsenal.
    I agree, not sure about perfect, but I do think he would be a good signing for them.

Koeman did say Lukaku should leave and then Koeman will be next to jump ship, then their new stadium will fall through. Was amusing watching them get giddy when the new investor came in and then invested **** all.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Do you think there'd be any prospect of the bitters selling to us as their beloved neighbours..........?

Just a little relevant stat (or related set of), last player to come to Liverpool from bittersville was Abel Xavier in 2002, Barmby in 2000 the previous instance and 1959 the one before that!

I should mention the source does state this excludes any players who may have gone to the club after their contract expired so this is basically (in contract) transfers
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Offer sturridge, sakho, Lucas, Moreno and the tea lady.
    **** off! They can have the rest, but the tea lady stays.

He is better than origi no doubt. But origi suits our style of play better. He runs the channels and links up better.

Lukaku is an awesome player on his day. But he would be much better suited to united. They will play the way it suits him. Maureen plays boring football, lumps it high up the pitch. Thats where lukaku will be dangerous.

Lukaku to Chelsea

Batshuayi to Liverpool

JaxFLLFCfan is offline Armchair supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Such an over rated player IMO, a lot like Benteke....can't really produce against the bigger sides, just my opinion.
    This is how I've rated him. This year he has stepped it up and looked better though. I see him going to United or back to Chelsea if he stays in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Do you think there'd be any prospect of the bitters selling to us as their beloved neighbours..........?

Just a little relevant stat (or related set of), last player to come to Liverpool from bittersville was Abel Xavier in 2002, Barmby in 2000 the previous instance and 1959 the one before that!

I should mention the source does state this excludes any players who may have gone to the club after their contract expired so this is basically (in contract) transfers
    Have they ever had anyone that we wanted since Nicky Barmby ?

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Abel Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Lukaku to Chelsea

Batshuayi to Liverpool
    Why?You think he could be a big player in the years ahead?
    We might start looking like the Belgian national team.

I remember wanting Beardsley back. That was a huge mistake when Souness sold him to the bitter ones.

As far as Lukaku is concerned, three lads who bevvy in my local - all Evertonians - hope they get rid of him. There's no pleasing their kind, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollertoaster View Post
    Why?You think he could be a big player in the years ahead?
    We might start looking like the Belgian national team.
    Batshuayi was tip replace Lukaku the national team as he was considered a better prospect even more so than Origi

Had more consistent goal scoring record in France, much more physical player

I know he hasn't shown it and Chelsea but Chelsea to go through a lot of talented players without giving many players a chance

Strikers optional Firmino , Origi, Batshuayi looks to me a good solid choice to choose from

I'm surprised that we haven't looked more at Belgian players as the outfield players have good technical skills like Spain but work rate of English players

my money is on him going to manure

Quality player.

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    A number of strikers have scored 15+ Premiership goals in a season - a fair few of them pretty average

Andy Johnson
    Santa Cruz
    Odemwingie
    Dempsey
    Yakubu
    Ba
    Michu
    Bony
    Austin
    Vardy

However, the list of players who have done it more than just the one season is a lot more accomplished

Henry
    Van Nistlerooy
    Rooney
    Ronaldo
    Torres
    Drogba
    Van Persie
    Aguero
    Suarez
    Kane

Lukaku is in the 2nd list, hence his huge expected transfer fee

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Batshuayi was tip replace Lukaku the national team as he was considered a better prospect even more so than Origi

Had more consistent goal scoring record in France, much more physical player

I know he hasn't shown it and Chelsea but Chelsea to go through a lot of talented players without giving many players a chance

Strikers optional Firmino , Origi, Batshuayi looks to me a good solid choice to choose from

I'm surprised that we haven't looked more at Belgian players as the outfield players have good technical skills like Spain but work rate of English players
    Yes,that's true.Probably,we will see more quality players coming outta Belgium and this is just the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    A number of strikers have scored 15+ Premiership goals in a season - a fair few of them pretty average

Andy Johnson
    Santa Cruz
    Odemwingie
    Dempsey
    Yakubu
    Ba
    Michu
    Bony
    Austin
    Vardy

However, the list of players who have done it more than just the one season is a lot more accomplished

Henry
    Van Nistlerooy
    Rooney
    Ronaldo
    Torres
    Drogba
    Van Persie
    Aguero
    Suarez
    Kane

Lukaku is in the 2nd list, hence his huge expected transfer fee
    Don't know why but I don't rate Lukaku in the top top class striker bracket. He's a good player for a team like Everton but don't think he'd be that great at one of the bigger clubs. He didn't do too badly at the chavs but still, wouldn't want him here that's for sure. He's another Benteke

Not if you think how much he would actually cost and the fact that he doesn't suit our style of play. I don't see Lakaku as a fluid skilful player at all, he's all power and pace.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Not if you think how much he would actually cost and the fact that he doesn't suit our style of play, I don't see Lakaku as a fluid skilful player at all, he's all power and pace.
    Yeah exactly

SouthernRob is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebeastyboy View Post
    Don't know why but I don't rate Lukaku in the top top class striker bracket. He's a good player for a team like Everton but don't think he'd be that great at one of the bigger clubs. He didn't do too badly at the chavs but still, wouldn't want him here that's for sure. He's another Benteke
    No me neither, I was just making the point that players who consistently score goals in the Premiership are worth a lot of money!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    No me neither, I was just making the point that players who consistently score goals in the Premiership are worth a lot of money!
    Yeah no doubt he'll go for a lot of money. It's pretty much why we paid so much for Benteke. He was prolific for Villa

Lukaku is as strong as an ox and is a good target man. The problem is he's got the mobility of Felliani, Andy Carroll and a wheelie bin. Origi as the others have said suits Liverpool's style, because unlike Lukaku, Origi can turn on a sixpence. Lukaku turns like a ferry.

There isn't a hope of Liverpool signing Lukaku as he doesn't suit their style.

There is a number of reasons.

1. Lukaku is a target man and thrives on crosses. Liverpool's set piece delivery is dreadful.

2. KLopp prefers mobile, flexible, interchangeable forwards. That's why Lukaku wouldn't fit in, he would be as useful as Benteke.

Forget Lukaku. What Liverpool need is a cross between Diego Costa and Sergio Aguero.

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    Lukaku is as strong as an ox and is a good target man. The problem is he's got the mobility of Felliani, Andy Carroll and a wheelie bin. Origi as the others have said suits Liverpool's style, because unlike Lukaku, Origi can turn on a sixpence. Lukaku turns like a ferry.

1. Lukaku is a target man and thrives on crosses. Liverpool's set piece delivery is dreadful.

2. KLopp prefers mobile, flexible, interchangeable forwards. That's why Lukaku wouldn't fit in, he would be as useful as Benteke.

Forget Lukaku. What Liverpool need is a cross between Diego Costa and Sergio Aguero.
    exactly mate..im with you..Costa or Aguero will be our next Suarez..

If you mean since Xavier, whether they have had players we wanted or not is tempered by the likelihood we'd be able to compete for the signature but also whether they'd sell to us anyway

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    If you mean since Xavier, whether they have had players we wanted or not is tempered by the likelihood we'd be able to compete for the signature but also whether they'd sell to us anyway
    We must have been interested in Baines.

What Liverpool need is a player that although not a target man has upper body strength, pace and comes to life in the penalty area.

I still reckon if you threw an in his prime Robbie Fowler into that team, it would be fantastic.

It's that type of player we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    We must have been interested in Baines.
    My point is that regardless whether we were extremely interested, slightly interested or somewhere inbetween, how much in our mind would be said two factors - competing with bigger spending powers and that it isn't often we trade with our beloved neighbours, they surely appreciate how little their fans would like it as much as our fans would(n't)

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post

Klopp has said that he wants to play more Direct football against defensive teams

In English football you have to adapt your ways of playing

Is great that we can play pass and move and the pull apart opposition for fun

So sometimes you have to use a target man and two wingers who are just cross opposition box all the time

And then if that doesn't work go back to the more technical game

Origi has the necessary skills as a modern day target man awareness strength pace and so on,

The thing is he's not the finished article and not really that strong enough to hold his own all the time

That's why I prefer to have Emile Heskey tape player who pain in the backside who can have in the squad to mix it up at times