Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lukaku Tells Everton He Wants Out

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    Klopp has said that he wants to play more Direct football against defensive teams

In English football you have to adapt your ways of playing

Is great that we can play pass and move and the pull apart opposition for fun

So sometimes you have to use a target man and two wingers who are just cross opposition box all the time

And then if that doesn't work go back to the more technical game

Origi has the necessary skills as a modern day target man awareness strength pace and so on,

The thing is he's not the finished article and not really that strong enough to hold his own all the time

That's why I prefer to have Emile Heskey tape player who pain in the backside who can have in the squad to mix it up at times
    What you're suggesting is that Klopp is back-tracking on his decision to sell Benteke. This quite simply makes your entire post absolute nonsense.

You do not have to play direct agsinst park the bus outfits. What you do is force to them to open up. How do you do that? You reverse it. You become the counter attacking side. The best Liverpool nanager at it in the last 10 years, particularly in Europe was Rafa Benitez. He confused the opposition with his tactics.

Juventus 2005 is my favourite example. They expected us at Anfield to soak up pressure and hit on the break. They got that completely wrong. Rafa set his dide up to go for the throat from the off. They weren't prepared for it. They bombarded them and hit them hard. It was cagey in Turin alright, which showed Rafa's tactical nous.

Klopp doesn't have the players as of yet, to play "chess" as many call it. He has the players to play his aggressive system and they are the best in the league at it. He doesn't posess is patient build up players that will be cagey and lightning quick on the counter.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Coutinhosmagicfeet View Post
    What you're suggesting is that Klopp is back-tracking on his decision to sell Benteke. This quite simply makes your entire post absolute nonsense.

You do not have to play direct agsinst park the bus outfits. What you do is force to them to open up. How do you do that? You reverse it. You become the counter attacking side. The best Liverpool nanager at it in the last 10 years, particularly in Europe was Rafa Benitez. He confused the opposition with his tactics.

Juventus 2005 is my favourite example. They expected us at Anfield to soak up pressure and hit on the break. They got that completely wrong. Rafa set his dide up to go for the throat from the off. They weren't prepared for it. They bombarded them and hit them hard. It was cagey in Turin alright, which showed Rafa's tactical nous.

Klopp doesn't have the players as of yet, to play "chess" as many call it. He has the players to play his aggressive system and they are the best in the league at it. He doesn't posess is patient build up players that will be cagey and lightning quick on the counter.
    We certainly don't shine at being 'cagey' that's for sure, we always look vulnerable when even slightly tested at the back. But we do have it in us to counter attack effectively when we want to, case in point, Wij's goal against Arsenal was one of the finest counter attacking goals you're likely to see this season.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    We certainly don't shine at being 'cagey' that's for sure, we always look vulnerable when even slightly tested at the back. But we do have it in us to counter attack effectively when we want to, case in point, Wij's goal against Arsenal was one of the finest counter attacking goals you're likely to see this season.
    Good points.

We're not clever enough or cagey enough.

You're right though. The third goal against Arsenal was possibly one of the best counter attacking moves by any side in the league this season. It was a four man move and executed to perfection. However the problem is consistency, we don't do it often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbird View Post
    **** off! They can have the rest, but the tea lady stays.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Not if you think how much he would actually cost and the fact that he doesn't suit our style of play. I don't see Lakaku as a fluid skilful player at all, he's all power and pace.
    Agree.

Rafa struggled against teams that parked the bus overall. It's arguably what lost us the title in 08/09.

What you say is are manager is a liar, we've changed our Style of more direct a late against more defensive teams.

Even our manager has said want go more Direct.

Klopo is not the first European manager realising that he had to change his game Style fit English game.

You talk about Rafa Benitez counter attacking teams that's only in Europe

no defensive English team is going to open up while we sit there deep they will just keep their shape at all times, knowing if they open up there going to be cut to shreds.

Mentioning patient build-up very good pass & moved team,

Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Firmino, Coutino great off the Ball movement attack the space pulling players out of position moving into the goal scoring opportunities ghosting around the opposition box

We could be more patient with Five players

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    What you say is are manager is a liar, we've changed our Style of more direct a late against more defensive teams.

Even our manager has said want go more Direct.

Klopo is not the first European manager realising that he had to change his game Style fit English game.

You talk about Rafa Benitez counter attacking teams that's only in Europe

no defensive English team is going to open up while we sit there deep they will just keep their shape at all times, knowing if they open up there going to be cut to shreds.

Mentioning patient build-up very good pass & moved team,

Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Firmino, Coutino great off the Ball movement attack the space pulling players out of position moving into the goal scoring opportunities ghosting around the opposition box

We could be more patient with Five players
    That's why a player that slams the back-door shut is required.

Quote Originally Posted by redrob2005 View Post
    my money is on him going to manure
    Yep, he's Mourinho's ideal target man, a big physical presence up front.
    A bit like Drogba/Costa but not in the same class yet.
    They can't rely on Zlatan for more than another season so I think its a certainty he'll go there, and he probably wont have to move house either.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZidane View Post
    They can't rely on Zlatan for more than another season so I think its a certainty he'll go there, and he probably wont have to move house either.
    I agree with this. I made this point previously and I think I'm not far off. All the talk recently has been about us pilfering Southampton. I've a strong feeling that Mourinho will do likewise to Everton. It's not just Lukaku either. He's going after Coleman because he needs a right back because Darmain is rubbish and Valencia is winger. I also reckon he's targetting Barkley too and it will be a bidding war between them and Man City. It could be the story of the summer.

I agree with this. I made this point previously and I think I'm not far off. All the talk recently has been about us pilfering Southampton. I've a strong feeling that Mourinho will do likewise to Everton. It's not just Lukaku either. He's going after Coleman because he needs a right back because Darmain is rubbish and Valencia is winger. I also reckon he's targetting Barkley too and it will be a bidding war between them and Man City. It could be the story of the summer.
    Everton continuing to be the Mancs feeder club.

Everton continuing to be the Mancs feeder club.
    And the United reject retirement home.

Everton have always had a connection with rejects. Two of their greatest ever players Dave Watson and Kevin Sheedy were in fact Liverpool rejects.

And the United reject retirement home.

Everton have always had a connection with rejects. Two of their greatest ever players Dave Watson and Kevin Sheedy were in fact Liverpool rejects.
    Rooney will be the next resident.

Rooney will be the next resident.
    They'll welcome him with open arms too. They'll soon forget that he wiped his arse on their shirt. No Liverpool fan has ever forgiven Owen for doing that to the Liverpool shirt. In my view that Owen would have remained a Liverpool legend if he joined Everton. That would be acceptable as he's a boyhood toffee. However Owen having played for that club is unforgivable. The "Once a Msnc Never a Red" jibes are well deserved.

That's why respect must be shown to the likes of James Milner and Robbie Fowler. Milner being a Leeds man played for City and Liverpool, clubs that like him hate Manchester United. God being a Liverpool man since he was 10 played for City and Leeds...For the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    We could do with him, pity he is far too expensive for us.
    He is not the type of striker we need.

Agreed.

They'll welcome him with open arms too. They'll soon forget that he wiped his arse on their shirt. No Liverpool fan has ever forgiven Owen for doing that to the Liverpool shirt. In my view that Owen would have remained a Liverpool legend if he joined Everton. That would be acceptable as he's a boyhood toffee. However Owen having played for that club is unforgivable. The "Once a Msnc Never a Red" jibes are well deserved.

That's why respect must be shown to the likes of James Milner and Robbie Fowler. Milner being a Leeds man played for City and Liverpool, clubs that like him hate Manchester United. God being a Liverpool man since he was 10 played for City and Leeds...For the same reason.
    Owen wasnt a boyhood toffee.

MrDilkington is online now Academy prospect
    He is not the type of striker we need.
    He is exactly the type of striker we need, he is not just a big strong target man as he appears, im sure Klopp could get him playing in the role he wants him to, he works hard and seems willing to learn.

He is exactly the type of striker we need, he is not just a big strong target man as he appears, im sure Klopp could get him playing in the role he wants him to, he works hard and seems willing to learn.
    What's the point of even debating Lukaku. The deal would never happen. The clubs haven't done a deal together since 2002, and that was Xavier...hardly Everton's stand out best player like Lukaku.

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    What's the point of even debating Lukaku. The deal would never happen. The clubs haven't done a deal together since 2002, and that was Xavier...hardly Everton's stand out best player like Lukaku.
    not to mention he wants champions league football and we are one of 5 clubs fighting over 3 spots.

he'll go abroad
    The Reds Are Coming..

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    not to mention he wants champions league football and we are one of 5 clubs fighting over 3 spots.

he'll go abroad
    Regardless if we get Champions League football or not, Liverpool Football Club is not where Lukaku is ending up next season.

For me it's between Chelsea (if Costa goes), Man Utd and PSG (if Cavani goes). All have loads of money and are considerable steps up from Everton

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post

he'll go abroad
    Chelsea want him.

MrDilkington is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky95 View Post
    Because this is a football forum ?
    A lot of the stuff talked about will never happen.

I think he will cost too much for us anyway.

I have passionate Evertonian mate who would strongly disagree with your notion he is hard working. Again he is not the kind of striker we need I'm surprised you and some others think he is, opinions eh.

I have passionate Evertonian mate who would strongly disagree with your notion he is hard working. Again he is not the kind of striker we need I'm surprised you and some others think he is, opinions eh.
    Yes pretty much. Hard working only when he wants to. His biggest criticism from the bitters is his poor work rate.

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PejiVanbasten View Post
    Yes pretty much. Hard working only when he wants to. His biggest criticism from the bitters is his poor work rate.
    I'm just taking a guess at this but what is he 6ft 3? 15 plus stone. I reckon it's a bit harder for him to run around more than some other strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I'm just taking a guess at this but what is he 6ft 3? 15 plus stone. I reckon it's a bit harder for him to run around more than some other strikers.
    Just my point, klopp likes his strikers to work hard and be mobile.

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    Just my point, klopp likes his strikers to work hard and be mobile.
    He certainly isn't somebody you'd look to for a pressing style of play. He's mobile when the time is right he just has to pick his runs more. There might be 30 kilos between him and Vardy and you see that play out

That as well. He is not going to be as mobile but the criticism is he can turn on the work rate but seems to be when he feels like it.

Usain Bolt is 6 feet 5 and 15 stone but he seems to manage it quite well.
    Lukaku runs when he feels like it, a bit like Benteke except not as static.