Notices
Reply to Thread

Thread: When You Look to the skies; Think of their bravery

1. #1 Default When You Look to the skies; Think of their bravery 
    tweepie is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Some of you may have seen the news of the coast guard rescue helicopter that disappeared (likely crashed) off the west coast of Ireland a couple of days ago while performing a routine support to a medical evacuation on a fishing trawler.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-35532680.html

The pilot, one of the few female helicopter search and rescue pilots in the world was found in a critical condition and sadly passed away a few hours later in hospital. Her three colleagues are still missing.
    I live very close to Dublin Airport where that helicopter is based. I regularly hear the sound of that helicopter flying overhead as it goes out on work; sometimes to basic routine training, sometimes to rescue a person or persons in trouble on our coast's waters.
    We found out today that one of the missing was a former student of the school I teach in. By a sad twist of fate, another of the missing crew last year had given a talk to a primary school of the daughter of one of my colleagues.

These people, mostly volunteers, put their lives at risk daily to help save the lives of others, not only on the water bit also those who might need an urgent evacuation to a hospital in an emergency. Members of the U.K. Search and rescue forces, as well as Irish navy and those from the fishing communities are heavily involved in searching to recover the crashed helicopter and the three missing men, to return them to their families.

Just take a moment out of your day to pause, look to the skies, and think of those who daily give up their time and risk their lives to help those at sea.
    Last edited by tweepie; 16-3-17 at 01:45.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Nice post tweepie.

One of the few professions where the people run towards danger for their fellow man.

The words of a Franciscan friar given to a New York fire department on the 10th September 01 the last day he saw the sun set as the next day he will be killed doing his job along with so many others.
    http://www.mychalsmessage.org/aboutfrm/homily.htm

I find the 'clouds' very interesting when I look to the skies.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Tragic news.

The Coastguard Rescue, RNLI and Mountain Rescue...and other such organisations...save many lives every year...sometimes at the cost of their own.

RIP.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Tragic news.

The Coastguard Rescue, RNLI and Mountain Rescue...and other such organisations...save many lives every year...sometimes at the cost of their own.

RIP.
    indeed, anyone that will run into a burning building, up a snow covered mountain and forests or into a near freezing ocean with waves as big as houses to help others will always command respect from me, no matter the nationality or a line on a map.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    indeed, anyone that will run into a burning building, up a snow covered mountain and forests or into a near freezing ocean with waves as big as houses to help others will always command respect from me, no matter the nationality or a line on a map.
    Very well said angelYNWA.

These people give of themselves, often even sacrificing their own well-being and ultimately sometimes their lives, in order to save the lives of strangers. They are the bravest of the brave and will always retain my most sincere respect and admiration.