What channel is that on?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    What channel is that on?
    It's a movie. Don't you know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    Why on earth not? Is he a worse defender than Klavan? Is he really worse than Lovren? Is Matip honestly any better than him? I dare not mention Lucas...

If we had Japp Stam, Sol Campbell and John Terry all in their peak right now then there wouldn't be any discussion. We don't. All we have is ignorant belligerence

Good for us!
    Exactly none of them are the standard we should aspire for better

Why on earth not? Is he a worse defender than Klavan? Is he really worse than Lovren? Is Matip honestly any better than him? I dare not mention Lucas...

If we had Japp Stam, Sol Campbell and John Terry all in their peak right now then there wouldn't be any discussion. We don't. All we have is ignorant belligerence

Good for us!
    Completely agree

aylesbyred is online now First team regular

Good for us!
    Matip is a better defender and a better player, Sakho is on a par with the others you mention

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Matip is a better defender and a better player, Sakho is on a par with the others you mention
    He's a better centre half than Lucas, Gomez and Klavan. Let' not be silly about this.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    He's a better centre half than Lucas, Gomez and Klavan. Let' not be silly about this.
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by -Monk- View Post
    No doubt.
    It's a moot point because there was no way Klopp was going to select him. But it is what it is. We sent a better player out on loan than we have here.

If all of our defenders were on the transfer market in the summer, who'd command the highest fee...

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Yes, Absolutely no discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    Have you and Larius considered that he is a product of Big Sam's system?
    Nope. There were matches where he was immense for us. He has been chastised.
    He should be back in pre season imagine him and matip?

Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    Judging him on his 3 years at LFC he doesn't 'deserve' anything. He was average at best while playing at LFC, he did zero to alleviate LFC's defensive problems.
    Don't you feel burdened by the hatred you carry around? Doesn't it affect your life? Once a hater, always a hater 😂

We need players that are at a higher level. If we cannot get them, then at least let us not buy players that are at lower levels that our existing lot.

Sakho was and is better than Klavan and Lucas. We should have tried to get his attitude and other issues right.

Even Luis Suarez was made to train with the reserves for being an idiot with the manager and the club.

So, I have always believed that Sakho was a passionate Liverpool player and if he made a few off field mistakes, he could have been corrected and disciplined in a better way. However, this is a bit speculative on my part as we will never know what truly happened between him and Klopp, however on the surface of things, I did feel that Klopp could have handled it better

Quote Originally Posted by 8errard View Post
    We need players that are at a higher level. If we cannot get them, then at least let us not buy players that are at lower levels that our existing lot. Sikh was and is better than Klavan and Lucas. We should have tried to get his attitude and other issues right.
    Even Luis Suarez was made to train with the reserves for being an idiot with the manager and the club.
    So, I have always believed that Sakho was a passionate Liverpool player and if he made a few off field mistakes, he could have been corrected and disciplined in a better way. However, this is a bit speculative on my part as we will never know what truly happened between him and Klopp, however on the surface of things, I did feel that Klopp could have handled it better
    Fair enough. But for people to suddenly describe him as rubbish is vengefullly revisionistic

Quote Originally Posted by dxz View Post
    Fair enough. But for people to suddenly describe him as rubbish is vengefullly revisionistic
    I am quite sure that half the lot missed him in Basel and even blame UEFA for a silly charge which made him miss the final and possibly cost us a trophy and a CL spot!

The last games he played for us, he was pretty much the MOTM in all of them!

I can't understand how people can get so carried away!

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    regardless of how well he may or may not be doing at palace it doesn't change the fact that he crossed the manager and as a result will likely be moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by 8errard View Post
    I am quite sure that half the lot missed him in Basel and even blame UEFA for a silly charge which made him miss the final and possibly cost us a trophy and a CL spot!

The last games he played for us, he was pretty much the MOTM in all of them!

I can't understand how people can get so carried away!
    No he wasn't, the myth of Sakho in a LFC shirt continues.

Don't you feel burdened by the hatred you carry around? Doesn't it affect your life? Once a hater, always a hater ��
    Hater? I'm being factual.

No he wasn't, the myth of Sakho in a LFC shirt continues.
    I have to agree with dxz, you only ever have negative things to say. You call it being "factual" others call it being a "grumpy so and so".

Anyway back to Sakho. As FIOS said it's a mute point as he's not here at the moment, however in my opinion he should of been here and he definitely should of been starting ahead of Lucas. That much is simple.. If it was simply down to what happened in pre season then Klopp needs to get over it, I'm sure Sakho got the hint. We needed him this season, end of.

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWoodwork View Post
    I have to agree with dxz, you only ever have negative things to say. You call it being "factual" others call it being a "grumpy so and so".

Anyway back to Sakho. As FIOS said it's a mute point as he's not here at the moment, however in my opinion he should of been here and he definitely should of been starting ahead of Lucas. That much is simple.. If it was simply down to what happened in pre season then Klopp needs to get over it, I'm sure Sakho got the hint. We needed him this season, end of.
    There is nothing to back up that "we needed him this season, end of". If you actually bothered to check LFC's defensive numbers while he was here instead of the myth people like you have created, you would realise I'm being "factual" and not a "grumpy so and so".
    Last edited by bigscouse; 19-3-17 at 01:05.

I always wondered why PSG were happy to see him leave, well, until you see that he is not up there with the best. But he was young and being touted as being about to be a star very quickly. I never believed the line about them wanting a Brazilian CB instead. He must have some weird character thing about him. I'm not sure we would have done any better at all with him here.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    regardless of how well he may or may not be doing at palace it doesn't change the fact that he crossed the manager and as a result will likely be moved on.
    Yes, I can't disagree that to be honest.

It says a lot that most Liverpool fans I know , whilst not overly fond of what happened wirh klopp , think sakho is better than all we currently have at Cb except Matip , in all likelyhood sakho will go in summer as will Lucas, but lovren and klavan both need upgrading too, we need two possibly three new cbs. But at least two upgrades In summer if we want to move forward, the problem being we need new midfielders, a new winger a new striker an actual left back ...and that's just to start with , hopefully fsg are up for the challenge

Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    It says a lot that most Liverpool fans I know , whilst not overly fond of what happened wirh klopp , think sakho is better than all we currently have at Cb except Matip , in all likelyhood sakho will go in summer as will Lucas, but lovren and klavan both need upgrading too, we need two possibly three new cbs. But at least two upgrades In summer if we want to move forward, the problem being we need new midfielders, a new winger a new striker an actual left back ...and that's just to start with , hopefully fsg are up for the challenge
    I'd be very surprised if we signed three or even 2 CB's this summer.

I think Jurgen will look to bring in one first choice centre half to partner Matip. With Lovren, Klavan and Gomez as the back ups.

I'm okay with that too, if we sign the right player, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    Mamadou Sakho played his 3rd consecutive game for Palace today and its another clean sheet.

Prior to Sakho coming in, Palace had failed to keep a clean sheet in 30 games.

Does he deserve to be back in the fold in pre-season? Surely, he has served his time for his misdemeanors with the Under-23s and now Palace.
    Definitely.

Sakho should be given a chance alongside Matip next season. He's a better defender than Lovren.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post
    I'd be very surprised if we signed three or even 2 CB's this summer.

I think Jurgen will look to bring in one first choice centre half to partner Matip. With Lovren, Klavan and Gomez as the back ups.

I'm okay with that too, if we sign the right player, of course.
    I would hope we bring in at least two , but like I said we need players all over the pitch so I doubt we will
    And I think Matip has been great when played, problem being his injury record

Quote Originally Posted by theamerican00 View Post
    I always wondered why PSG were happy to see him leave, well, until you see that he is not up there with the best. But he was young and being touted as being about to be a star very quickly. I never believed the line about them wanting a Brazilian CB instead. He must have some weird character thing about him. I'm not sure we would have done any better at all with him here.
    Does that apply to why inter Milan let coutinho leave or why Ajax let Suarez leave? Stupid

There is nothing to back up that "we needed him this season, end of". If you actually bothered to check LFC's defensive numbers while he was here instead of the myth people like you have created, you would realise I'm being "factual" and not a "grumpy so and so".
    Hater. Check your heart. Your personal hatred for him is clouding your judgment
    Klopp is the boss and rightly or wrongly can let him go. But for haters like you to say he was a myth is malicious.

Hater. Check your heart. Your personal hatred for him is clouding your judgment
    Klopp is the boss and rightly or wrongly can let him go. But for haters like you to say he was a myth is malicious.
    Having watched an LFC defence with Sakho, lose 6-1 away to Stoke, collapse away to Southampton after being 2-0 up, throw away a 3-0 lead to C.Palace, concede 4 away to Arsenal and concede 4 against Norwich, it proves I'm not a 'hater' and I'm purely sticking to the facts. It's people like you that have 'clouding judgement' and created a myth about Sakho's performances during his 3 year stay at LFC. To quote Jay Z, "Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers don't'", LFC's numbers with Sakho in defence prove that the adulation you and others have given him isn't based on his performances, pure and simple.