Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mamadou Sakho (Crystal Palace)

His ability is not in question. Just as likely it wasn't in question when PSG were willing to let him go when he was a hot prospect there.

Though what is in question and has been proven last year is his attitude. What does his rap sheet look like?

- Took substance without disclosing it to Liverpool (proved legal but still hidden from our coaching team)
    - Late (3) for team meeting, training and flight
    - Embarrassed his manager in front of media in the US when setting up for a press conference
    - Complained about his situation and treatment by manager in social media
    - When advised to go out on loan by his manager (likely still had a future if he did), flatly refused

I don't care how good he might be, or that he was professional when playing for our reserves. The combination of the above ill-discipline is not acceptable. If Klopp can't control a player and just allowed him to do that, he'd have no respect. Klopp made the right call.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by scousechrisj View Post
    His ability is not in question. Just as likely it wasn't in question when PSG were willing to let him go when he was a hot prospect there.

Though what is in question and has been proven last year is his attitude. What does his rap sheet look like?

- Took substance without disclosing it to Liverpool (proved legal but still hidden from our coaching team)
    - Late (3) for team meeting, training and flight
    - Embarrassed his manager in front of media in the US when setting up for a press conference
    - Complained about his situation and treatment by manager in social media
    - When advised to go out on loan by his manager (likely still had a future if he did), flatly refused

I don't care how good he might be, or that he was professional when playing for our reserves. The combination of the above ill-discipline is not acceptable. If Klopp can't control a player and just allowed him to do that, he'd have no respect. Klopp made the right call.
    Youre scraping the barrel a fair bit with those last three. You should have just stopped with taking the supplement and not taking his rehab as seriously as the manager would have liked.

Embarrassed his manager in a press conference? haha Jesus.

Waiting to see those who are big-upping Sakho's ability in this thread when he returns to type and makes some high profile ****ups .. and that WILL happen, mark my words. 3 games in, in a system that is designed exactly around his strengths, and the myth-making machine on here is in full cry.

He is no better then Lovren aside from the fact that Lovren is - by far - the more professional of the two. In an ideal world, we would sell both and bring in two CB's who can actually defend and be solid CONSISTENTLY.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    Youre scraping the barrel a fair bit with those last three. You should have just stopped with taking the supplement and not taking his rehab as seriously as the manager would have liked.

Embarrassed his manager in a press conference? haha Jesus.
    I'm scraping no barrels, thank you very much. Maybe get yourself familiar with the facts.

In ANY job role, if you acted an unprofessional idiot and made your boss look stupid in front of national and international media, you'd be fired.
    In ANY job role, especially one that is in a high profile industry, if you go on to social media and make it pretty obvious you are criticising your employer or line manager, you'd be given final warning or fired.

Clearly you have never held a management position if you don't know such basic information. So maybe think again before you try and make a sarcy comment back.
    I'm the normal one.

he is arguably better than any other cb we can afford/purchase realistically. only problem is his attitude. klopp rates him as a player, that is for sure

only way he comes back into the team is if he apologizes to klopp and works hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    Having watched an LFC defence with Sakho, lose 6-1 away to Stoke, collapse away to Southampton after being 2-0 up, throw away a 3-0 lead to C.Palace, concede 4 away to Arsenal and concede 4 against Norwich, it proves I'm not a 'hater' and I'm purely sticking to the facts. It's people like you that have 'clouding judgement' and created a myth about Sakho's performances during his 3 year stay at LFC. To quote Jay Z, "Men Lie, Women Lie, Numbers don't'", LFC's numbers with Sakho in defence prove that the adulation you and others have given him isn't based on his performances, pure and simple.
    I think you are missing the point. Nobody said he is be a world beater or that he would win games on his own.

If we leave aside his disciplinary issues (which are of course relevant) and focus on football abbilities than there is little doubt that he is better than Lucas and Klavan in defense and I would probably have him above Lovren.

We can still discuss whether we should get him back or need better. But we would benefit from having him right now and that is what slightly annoys me

Everybody is entitled to his opinion and I wouldn't call you a hater but you seem to foreget about his quality which he has shown in many games.

I'm scraping no barrels, thank you very much. Maybe get yourself familiar with the facts.

In ANY job role, if you acted an unprofessional idiot and made your boss look stupid in front of national and international media, you'd be fired.
    In ANY job role, especially one that is in a high profile industry, if you go on to social media and make it pretty obvious you are criticising your employer or line manager, you'd be given final warning or fired.

Clearly you have never held a management position if you don't know such basic information. So maybe think again before you try and make a sarcy comment back.
    Youre absolutely scraping the barrel. Complained on social media and embarrassed the manager. Jesus, have a word with yourself.

It isn't a fact to say a player embarrassed a manger. Youre offering opinion. Youre not offering fact. He didnt make Klopp look stupid at all. I don't think Klopp is quite the delicate flower youre portraying as, and I seem to be giving him a hell of lot more credit than you are.

I'm pretty sure I've had this conversation before about what management positions I've held, and corrected you before too, so youre wrong about that.

Like i said, you should have just stuck to the fact that he'd taken a supplement without the knowledge of the medical staff, and that his manage felt e wasnt taking his rehabilitation seriously. That alone is reason enough without the need to try to garnish it without the other superfluous crap.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Waiting to see those who are big-upping Sakho's ability in this thread when he returns to type and makes some high profile ****ups .. and that WILL happen, mark my words. 3 games in, in a system that is designed exactly around his strengths, and the myth-making machine on here is in full cry.

He is no better then Lovren aside from the fact that Lovren is - by far - the more professional of the two. In an ideal world, we would sell both and bring in two CB's who can actually defend and be solid CONSISTENTLY.
    Man, him playing well has really rattled you hasnt it?

Youre already preparing to have a dig for something that hasnt actually happened? Just because you can't actually have a dig now?

And youre in another thread questioning how miserable the lives of some posters on here must be?
    Last edited by FIOS; 19-3-17 at 06:28.

Youre absolutely scraping the barrel. Complained on social media and embarrassed the manager. Jesus, have a word with yourself.

It isn't a fact to say a player embarrassed a manger. Youre offering opinion. Youre not offering fact. He didnt make Klopp look stupid at all. I don't think Klopp is quite the delicate flower youre portraying as, and I seem to be giving him a hell of lot more credit than you are.

I'm pretty sure I've had this conversation before about what management positions I've held, and corrected you before too, so youre wrong about that.

Like i said, you should have just stuck to the fact that he'd taken a supplement without the knowledge of the medical staff, and that his manage felt e wasnt taking his rehabilitation seriously. That alone is reason enough without the need to try to garnish it without the other superfluous crap.
    We have had this conversation before, and you're still spouting the same crap.

Both incidents would be final warning or sackable offences in most organisations. Take your pick of...
    - unprofessional behaviour in front of press would contravene most codes of conduct in any global organisation
    - behaviour unbecoming of the brand/club;
    - complaining about an employer/line manager in public would come under gross misconduct in a lot of employers
    - most global businesses have social media behavioural clauses in their contracts too these days

I can go on? I can quote the employment laws if you wish? But then it is pointless with a poster who never admits error.
    I'm the normal one.

We have had this conversation before, and you're still spouting the same crap.
    How is it crap? I'm saying Klopp was neither embarrassed or made to look stupid.

You offered opinion and claimed it as fact. Not me.

And I can give you examples of senior management being absolutely bladdered at a company function that resulted in absolutely nothing happening. Zero, other than a reminder of responsibilities at such functions.

But sure, you go right ahead and quite me company law to prove whatever point you think youre making. And whilst youre there, you can quote Sakho complaining about his employer on social media.

In fact, I'll quote it for you.

He wrote: "Now it's 3 weeks I am fit to play games. I finish all my rehabilitation work. They don't want me to play also with second team lol! Why I don't know.

"Still working hard like Scouse Soldier! Still not talking cos I want speak on the pitch... I will speak soon for the people who support me and don't understand the situation

"I accept my situation but I can't accept the lie... the fans deserve to know the true! Thanks for your support.

"6 months stay quiet... Have a good night everybody! You'll Never Walk Alone."
    Scathing...

hahaha

In fact, I'll quote it for you.

Scathing...

hahaha
    Accusing your employer of lying or covering something up is quite scathing. Again - illustrating you know **** all about how big business actually works. You can stop embarrassing yourself now.
    I'm the normal one.

I'd forgotten how hysterical people made themselves over this and the lengths they would go to to try to justify their view.

As if those posts on snapchat were grounds for dismissal for Gods sake.

Accusing your employer of lying or covering something up is quite scathing. Again - illustrating you know **** all about how big business actually works. You can stop embarrassing yourself now.
    I'm not the one embarrassing himself here.

At what point did he say the club or his employers are lying?

The only "they" he mentioned was that they wouldn't select him for the reserves, and he's spot on.

You wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you tried to sack someone over that.

I'd forgotten how hysterical people made themselves over this and the lengths they would go to to try to justify their view.

As if those posts on snapchat were grounds for dismissal for Gods sake.
    Fortunately I hadn't forgotten about your blind devotion to only your own opinion on things.
    I'm the normal one.

I'm not the one embarrassing himself here.

At what point did he say the club or his employers are lying?

The only "they" he mentioned was that they wouldn't select him for the reserves, and he's spot on.

You wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you tried to sack someone over that.
    If you can't actually read, I can't help you.
    I'm the normal one.

If you can't actually read, I can't help you.
    Nice try.

Where did he say the club was lying? I'll give you a clue. He didnt.

Nice try.

Where did he say the club was lying? I'll give you a clue. He didnt.
    Not a nice try at all. Maybe try reading
    I'm the normal one.

Fortunately I hadn't forgotten about your blind devotion to only your own opinion on things.
    Imagine that. Someone investing in their own opinion. Why it's utterly unheard of.

Man, him playing well has really rattled you hasnt it?

Youre already preparing to have a dig for something that hasnt actually happened? Just because you can't actually have a dig now?

And youre in another thread questioning how miserable the lives of some posters on here must be?
    Clearly my posts are getting to you, FIOS

Have a great Sunday!

Not a nice try at all. Maybe try reading
    I've read it. Show me exactly where he references his employer, the club, the manager, whoever you want to attach to the club, or says any one of those was lying?

Also, you tell me what "the lie" actually was. He doesnt even say what the lie is let alone directly reference the club or anyone here.

So yea you can try to deflect from that again or you can address it. And then quote me the company law that would see him sacked for that.

Imagine that. Someone investing in their own opinion. Why it's utterly unheard of.
    ...and being closed to any opinion contrary to it... yes, that says a lot about someone.

grenny - anyone whose posts don't automatically agree with FIOs seems to to get to him. Its sad really.
    I'm the normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Clearly my posts are getting to you, FIOS

Have a great Sunday!
    I think it's obviously the other way around, isn't it? That posts on here are getting to you, which is what led you to post those two recent replies?

It was incredibly ironic to see those two posts in such a short space of time.

...and being closed to any opinion contrary to it... yes, that says a lot about someone.
    I'm not closed to any opinion contrary to my own. Just the ones that don't make any kind of sense, or the ones that have to scrape the barrel to prop up their point. Like yours for example.

I've read it. Show me exactly where he references his employer, the club, the manager, whoever you want to attach to the club, or says any one of those was lying?

Also, you tell me what "the lie" actually was. He doesnt even say what the lie is let alone directly reference the club or anyone here.

So yea you can try to deflect from that again or you can address it. And then quote me the company law that would see him sacked for that.
    If you factor in what he has said, coupled with the circumstances surrounding the video with him and his club, it is pretty clear who he is referring to, and interpretation of evidence is part and parcel of any employment case. In addition, my original post was about the accumulation of offences by Sakho. Coupled with everything else, this video would merely be the cherry on top.

In terms of the employment laws, I made the offer before. You didn't take it. Look it up yourself, as you desperately search for something else to be right about.
    I'm the normal one.

I'm not closed to any opinion contrary to my own. Just the ones that don't make any kind of sense, or the ones that have to scrape the barrel to prop up their point. Like yours for example.
    Your veiled insults are what is scraping the barrel. You crack on though.
    I'm the normal one.

If you factor in what he has said, coupled with the circumstances surrounding the video with him and his club, it is pretty clear who he is referring to, and interpretation of evidence is part and parcel of any employment case. In addition, my original post was about the accumulation of offences by Sakho. Coupled with everything else, this video would merely be the cherry on top.
    No, what you mean is if you shoe horn your own narrative into what he's said, then exaggerate the seriousness of it. You wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you tried to use that to have him sacked. What a ridiculous suggestion that is.

If it's pretty clear then address the point. What is the lie that he speaks of?

Look at the backtracking now. I took you up on the offer. Find me the social media clauses that he has in his contract, and then demonstrate how he broke them. Youre the one offering to educate me on this matter. Go for it. I look forward to it. I won't even make any kind of comment about how I made you do it too. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    regardless of how well he may or may not be doing at palace it doesn't change the fact that he crossed the manager and as a result will likely be moved on.
    It also doesn't change the fact that when he was here he made little to no impact as our defence was still pants.

Your veiled insults are what is scraping the barrel. You crack on though.
    I dont think you understand what a veiled insult actually is. I was quite forthright with it. I said explicitly that you were scraping the barrel. There was nothing veiled about it.

I think it's obviously the other way around, isn't it? That posts on here are getting to you, which is what led you to post those two recent replies?

It was incredibly ironic to see those two posts in such a short space of time.