Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: best music era

At the time late 80's-mid 90's indie - C86, wedding present, pixies, wonderstuff, house of love - through to grunge.
    Now probably late 60-mid 70s, scary to think where we'd be now without VU, Stooges, New York Dolls, Ramones
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

For such diversity it has to be the 70s. Hard Rock - Heavy Metal being born Black Sabbath, Glam Rock, Prog Rock Disco, Punk, Electronic synth, and in the whole decade easy listening .

Radio X tonight playing 80s tunes, if you don't know Radio X is an indie station, some fantastic tunes, amazing memories for an old get like myself of being young, frequenting many a club and gigs at places now long gone and remembering the best decade in my lifetime for my kind of music. Where did the years go ?

Quote Originally Posted by saintV View Post
    At the time late 80's-mid 90's indie - C86, wedding present, pixies, wonderstuff, house of love - through to grunge.
    Now probably late 60-mid 70s, scary to think where we'd be now without VU, Stooges, New York Dolls, Ramones
    A very large amount of indie/punk bands would not of existed without those bands.

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Radio X tonight playing 80s tunes, if you don't know Radio X is an indie station, some fantastic tunes, amazing memories for an old get like myself of being young, frequenting many a club and gigs at places now long gone and remembering the best decade in my lifetime for my kind of music. Where did the years go ?
    Still here and kicking. A lot older and perhaps a bit wiser. Music, I think definitely has a strong connection to the human condition. We have it. I still listen to a lot from those times. Bit disappointed with the bits of music I hear from now or since the end of the 90's. Indie music is still strong? I listen to Bonobo, electronica in general, Lovage, Nouvelle Vague, Chet Faker ... but it isn't "original". Perhaps some electronica. It is just good. Kids from all sorts of backgrounds can get together and make music and enjoy themselves ... I think it really boils down to that. And if they "lose" this wish or tendency to make music, then I would find that a big shame.