Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 453

Thread: City Post Match

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,166
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    One of those games in hand is against City though. They also have to play Chelsea and Arsenal and Spurs I think.
    Utd - west brom
    Utd - everton
    Sunderland - utd
    Utd - chelsea
    Burnley - utd
    Utd - swansea
    Arsenal - utd
    Spurs - utd
    Utd - palace

    Only west brom there have nothing to play for
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,672
    Considering the other results this weekend it was paramount we didn't lose. A draw away to City is a solid result.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23,505
    Quote Originally Posted by TAOL View Post
    Think that's every top side beaten over the aggregate score this season now.

    We'll be a force next season if we can start beating dross.
    Players let everyone down not turning up against the lesser teams. With the same effort in every game we could be 10 points clear at the top with Chelsea fighting for the title.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28,685
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    What the **** has happened to Origi? He doesn't look like a footballer at the minute.
    Surprised at his lack of pace.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,590
    We blew it - after we scored we started pressing city and made it difficult but for reason we stopped and started dillydallying and allowed City to dictate and within minutes they equalised.

    Yes we had chances but so did City but my point is we allowed them to make chances. We are now 4th with 56 points but Man U are just five points behind with two games in hand. Arsenal are six behind but two games in hand also. People will say all others have to play each other but can we trust ourselves not to drop points.

    I think we needed to win and its going to be difficult to get that 4th spot.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,730
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJacker View Post
    Considering the other results this weekend it was paramount we didn't lose. A draw away to City is a solid result.
    Exactly, we played really well against a good side.

    Happy with a draw.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    What the **** has happened to Origi? He doesn't look like a footballer at the minute.
    Very disappointing. I guess his sharpness isn't great because he doesn't get that much playing time nowadays, but his best attributes were always speed and holding the ball up. Last few performances he just hasn't done any of that.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    30
    Had chances to win the game but also to lose it so a draw is a fair result. City are a great team with top class players and a world class manager but we matched them in all areas and if we can get some consistency for the rest of the season, then we can get that top 4 spot.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,049
    Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    That Lallana miss will give me nightmares.

    Matip, Can and Wijnaldum were the standouts today.

    Clyne had a decent game considering what he was up against.
    Couldnt believe it!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmymuzza1 View Post
    Utd - west brom
    Utd - everton
    Sunderland - utd
    Utd - chelsea
    Burnley - utd
    Utd - swansea
    Arsenal - utd
    Spurs - utd
    Utd - palace

    Only west brom there have nothing to play for
    With Europa sandwiched in between as well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayub View Post
    We blew it - after we scored we started pressing city and made it difficult but for reason we stopped and started dillydallying and allowed City to dictate and within minutes they equalised.

    Yes we had chances but so did City but my point is we allowed them to make chances. We are now 4th with 56 points but Man U are just five points behind with two games in hand. Arsenal are six behind but two games in hand also. People will say all others have to play each other but can we trust ourselves not to drop points.

    I think we needed to win and its going to be difficult to get that 4th spot.
    Yeah, bore off
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinger94 View Post
    Had chances to win the game but also to lose it so a draw is a fair result. City are a great team with top class players and a World Class Manager but we matched them in all areas and if we can get some consistency for the rest of the season, then we can get that top 4 spot.
    No theyre not.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,613
    What game to Sky pundits watch ?
    We know Redknapp and especially Neville are cocks but Souness saying City had the best chances.......whatever
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,426
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Surprised at his lack of pace.
    God yes!

    That little race down the touchline with Otamendi, he genuinely surprised me with his lack of pace.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    785
    i know it was only one great game, but today proved why emre can needs to be our number 6........ he was a beast.

    thats the match winner last start, an assist for the pen and would have been the game changer had lallana not missed the sitter. henderson is NOT capable of a performance like this. lets just hope emre continues this form. great result today
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    What game to Sky pundits watch ?
    We know Redknapp and especially Neville are cocks but Souness saying City had the best chances.......whatever
    Are you... five?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22,412
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAlonso View Post
    Very disappointing. I guess his sharpness isn't great because he doesn't get that much playing time nowadays, but his best attributes were always speed and holding the ball up. Last few performances he just hasn't done any of that.
    He can't even judge a flight of the ball. No anticipation whatsoever. I can't believe what I'm watching. We literally play with 10 men when he comes on.

    Transfer window very much needed. Quite a few passengers to get rid off in this squad.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,590
    We were also very lucky not to concede two penalties so if anyone says we don't get decisions should look back at this game and say we were lucky.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmymuzza1 View Post
    Utd - west brom
    Utd - everton
    Sunderland - utd
    Utd - chelsea
    Burnley - utd
    Utd - swansea
    Arsenal - utd
    Spurs - utd
    Utd - palace

    Only west brom there have nothing to play for
    Burnley have beaten all the top teams at home this season...On top of playing so many top 6 teams away from home in the run in.

    United have a very slim chance of finishing in the top 4 come the end of the season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,069
    That Lallana miss could be the difference between Champions League or not.

    Top 4 is no longer in our hands which is worrying.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,136
    For those saying that 4th isn't in our own hands it very much still is. The teams around us all have to play each other quite a few times. We don't.

    They'll all take points off each other. It will be tight but we can certainly do it
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,613
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAlonso View Post
    Are you... five?
    Yes. Thanks for asking.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    He can't even judge a flight of the ball. No anticipation whatsoever. I can't believe what I'm watching. We literally play with 10 men when he comes on.

    Transfer window very much needed. Quite a few passengers to get rid off in this squad.
    We definitely need attacking options. Not just for the first team - our front three know they could play stinkers and they won't be dropped. Need competition.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    TheMelwoodMole is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32,257
    Come on peeps we can't really complain about this game.
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,730
    Really surprised by the negative reaction by posters, is it genuine? Or attention seeking?

    Well played Reds
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    22,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Batteries View Post
    God yes!

    That little race down the touchline with Otamendi, he genuinely surprised me with his lack of pace.
    It's not pace, he is overthinking stuff. Not sharp at all in his head.

    Didn't even react, sprinted too late.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8,655
    Quite ********** off actually. Our control of the game was absolutely outstanding after scoring and then just a complete lack of any character to let them back in without even really trying. We slowed it down so much when we looked like we'd make a chance if we just kept going at pace and looking forward. The missed chance from Lallana needs no words. I think the Coutinho substitution was poor.

    On the plus side I enjoyed Can driving from midfield. A touch risky second half but overall pretty good.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,426
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    For those saying that 4th isn't in our own hands it very much still is. The teams around us all have to play each other quite a few times. We don't.

    They'll all take points off each other. It will be tight but we can certainly do it
    Dunno mate, we don't exactly have a glimmering record against teams in the bottom half do we?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Top klopp View Post
    Mancs win there two in hand there in 4th
    Mancs still have to play City and Arsenal Chelsea.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,136
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMelwoodMole View Post
    Come on peeps we can't really complain about this game.
    You'd be surprised with some.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •