Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: City Post Match

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Agreed

He's only slightly better than that Sterling fella
    I think Sterling and Sane would be more effective in Barca than he is. Neymar would go the same route as Nolito in the EPL.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    think up front and wings also - bit knackered when either coutinho or mane is missing.. needs someone for rotation.
    We are currently the leagues leading goal scorers, attack is the least of our worries at the min, depth yes but Im talking fist 11. But we've conceded the same as Southampton and two less then West Brom, thats our issue. We need a tough ball playing DM, new full backs, a new CB and a new Keeper.

Darrren1 is online now Better tables than DFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidared View Post
    At no point have I discussed a guaranteed top four position, thats something you keep going on about. Whether I narrowed a discussion or not my part in it was discussing us and Arsenal, you were obviously involved earlier regarding a guaranteed top four finish. Mate I'm not looking for an arguement but it seems we're talking at crossed purposes. EDIT, I do understand the fact that a team lying four points behind us with two games in hand if won and all the teams at the top matched us point for point then we'd be out the top four, I surprise meself sometimes being as thick as I am.
    I'm not looking for an argument either, just trying to understand what you're talking about.

The very post that you were replying to (post 371) was talking about whether top 4 was in our hands or not. It mentioned it twice.

So I'm not sure what conversation you thought you were having?

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    I think our priority is a top class CM then next is improving our defence, which he is part of.
    Couldn't agree more.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    Neymar wouldn't be an automatic starter in any of the top EPL teams.
    Ha! ha! ha! ha!

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Ha! ha! ha! ha!
    http://img.memecdn.com/just-catching...h_o_403558.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Darrren1 View Post
    I'm not looking for an argument either, just trying to understand what you're talking about.

The very post that you were replying to (post 371) was talking about whether top 4 was in our hands or not. It mentioned it twice.

So I'm not sure what conversation you thought you were having?
    If everyone loses their games then it's in our hands.

It's not brain science.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    If everyone loses their games then it's in our hands.

It's not brain science.
    If everyone loses their brain then games in hand are not science.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    We are currently the leagues leading goal scorers, attack is the least of our worries at the min, depth yes but Im talking fist 11. But we've conceded the same as Southampton and two less then West Brom, thats our issue. We need a tough ball playing DM, new full backs, a new CB and a new Keeper.
    At last someone talking sense. If I hear anymore about attacking MFs I'll break my laptop. Its defenders and defensive MFs we need plus a new GK (Schmeichel?) and a LB. Those should be top priorities this summer.

City charged by FA.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    At last someone talking sense. If I hear anymore about attacking MFs I'll break my laptop. Its defenders and defensive MFs we need plus a new GK (Schmeichel?) and a LB. Those should be top priorities this summer.

Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs

Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs

Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs

Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs

Attacking MFs

Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs

Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs Attacking MFs

Attacking MFs

Ha! Ha!
    Did anyone else think Lallana got a touch of the Coutinhos/Sterlings with that chance? He should have got his knee over it and wellied it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Ha! Ha!
    Did anyone else think Lallana got a touch of the Coutinhos/Sterlings with that chance? He should have got his knee over it and wellied it.
    I hope you're not on your laptop...

Attacking MFs

No table? Disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    No table? Disappointed.
    What you need to do, is take that disappointment and turn it into something positive - like determination.

Don't let anything like this ever hold you back again.

Glad I could inspire you.

KeepTheFightForJustice is offline Academy prospect
    The result felt a bit like the game at OT.

Felt we deserved more. Missed our opportunity to take advantage of Toure's inability to run.

When the change was back, lost our advantage and it became more equal.

Thought the boys were great though, Can was outstanding, Gini grew into it more and more, brilliant also.

Quote Originally Posted by Top klopp View Post
    An awful lot of work to be done in the summer we need a keeper left full right full and a centre half that's nearly a whole defence.
    If we had a top striker today we would of coasted home that's needed aswell.
    Need a midfielder aswell
    Is that to replace Firmino? Are you guranteeing that whoever you bring in will make the difference? What about the rest of our game, will it suffer because we're swapping Firmino who Mr X? Is it really that simple?

forgot to quote

Quote Originally Posted by Ayub View Post
    Why the anger? - Truth hurts does it!
    It was meant in a whiny voice. not angry

Luis-Garcia's-left-peg is online now Directors Box
    I nearly gave my 92 year old grandad a heart attack when I woke him up from his sleep after I leaped up after Lallana's miss.

That miss is still annoying me. Great time for Lallana all the same

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Sort of thing Maradonathegreatest would say in fact It's like everyone who username starting with an 'M' is just nuts
    Accurate

A couple of things after reading the whole thread:

Can is the future at DM, I think.

Why in the blue *********** hell was there a ten page discussion on Firmino's finishing and costing us points when Lallana missed the easiest chance of the season?

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by -MabelMeister- View Post
    A couple of things after reading the whole thread:

Can is the future at DM, I think.

Why in the blue *********** hell was there a ten page discussion on Firmino's finishing and costing us points when Lallana missed the easiest chance of the season?
    Because Firmino is effectively a forward and Lallana is effectively a center midfielder.

But that was how it began - with the question 'is top 4 in our own hands?' and technically it isn't.

Realistically is a whole other question, but mathematically we could win all our games and still find that we haven't made top 4, because Utd have won all theirs too.
    Is this true though, considering who Man Utd have still to play - i.e. other teams also competing for Top4? Even if they DID win all their games, that means other teams around us are dropping those points, which could mean that we would guaranteed qualify for Top 4 (if we won all our games) at the expense of a team other than Man United?

It's a helluva thing to try and work out because of all the possible permutations, so I will leave it to the 'king of tables' and the 'master of sports betting' to give it a bash.

Because Firmino is effectively a forward and Lallana is effectively a center midfielder.
    Pretty sure any footballer, no matter what position, would have scored that. The technical side of the shot was puss, no big deal though because we all know how capable Lallana is front of goal

WirralRiddler is online now These posts brought to you by Dr Dre & Only Fools & Horses appreciation society
    Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Is this true though, considering who Man Utd have still to play - i.e. other teams also competing for Top4? Even if they DID win all their games, that means other teams around us are dropping those points, which could mean that we would guaranteed qualify for Top 4 (if we won all our games) at the expense of a team other than Man United?

It's a helluva thing to try and work out because of all the possible permutations, so I will leave it to the 'king of tables' and the 'master of sports betting' to give it a bash.
    Its not that hard to work out really, assuming we win all our games (which is not likely to happen but for simplicity) we will end up on 83 points (56 current + 27 potential), meaning the only teams that could stop us finishing top 4 would be United (85 points if they win all games) or Arsenal (83 points if they win all games)

The games involving City/Spurs/Arsenal/United will have a bearing too of course, but they won't really make a difference to us as long as we win our games. (barring a clean sweep from United)

The only thing 'guaranteed' at this point is that we won't be relegated the rest is conjecture with a high degree of variables. (at the risk of stating the obvious)
    Last edited by Amidared; 21-3-17 at 10:42.

But the discussion was Firmino costs us points--which is ludicrous when the easiest chance of the game fell to Lallana. There was more talk of Firmino's chance than Lallana's after the first few pages.

Adam Lallana apologised to his team-mates after fluffing the golden opportunity at Manchester City

"My eyes lit up, I just thought to myself if I get some connection on this, ití s a goal, but it just took bounce in front of me."

"I might have just taken my eyes off the ball for a second & got excited. Iím absolutely gutted. It could have been the winner."

"Iím so disappointed with it. Me being me, I went into the dressing room and said sorry to them all. Thatís the way I felt."

"I put my hands up. To not hit the targetÖ It was a chance I should have hit the target with and probably should have scored."

Poor lad.

Daymo68 is online now One Post At A Time
    Quote Originally Posted by -Monk- View Post
    Adam Lallana apologised to his team-mates after fluffing the golden opportunity at Manchester City

"My eyes lit up, I just thought to myself if I get some connection on this, it’ s a goal, but it just took bounce in front of me."

"I might have just taken my eyes off the ball for a second & got excited. I’m absolutely gutted. It could have been the winner."

"I’m so disappointed with it. Me being me, I went into the dressing room and said sorry to them all. That’s the way I felt."

"I put my hands up. To not hit the target… It was a chance I should have hit the target with and probably should have scored."

Poor lad.
    He's right it could have been the winner and a big winner, but Adam Lallana has been brilliant this season and has nothing to be sorry about.

My favourite player and long may this form continue.