Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Merseyside Derby Match Thread - Everton - (h) - Sat 1st 12:30 - Sky Sports

Lallana injured.... england... again... ffs
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    So we have out of form Coutinho, just come back from injury Hendo to pick from.

Lallana out for 4 weeks too.

So that five of Lallana, Gini, Mane, Firmino, Coutinho (on form) is already broken up going into the Derby and the next three weeks after that. Top 4 still on?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by RedGhana View Post
    Lallana injured.... england... again... ffs
    He is always getting injured that fella. Taking notes out of Sturridge's books?

these dumb internationals... cant they just play them at the end of the season??..

why do they have to be played in such a critical time of the club season???

and can someone clarify if hendersons available or if he isnt..conflicting reports on here....

need Coutinho to step up..may have to play him in midfield and bring in origi now

also in peoples preferred eleven..why isnt mane in there?...dont tell me hes injured too??

these dumb internationals... cant they just play them at the end of the season??..

why do they have to be played in such a critical time of the club season???

and can someone clarify if hendersons available or if he isnt..conflicting reports on here....

need Coutinho to step up..may have to play him in midfield and bring in origi now

also in peoples preferred eleven..why isnt mane in there?...dont tell me hes injured too??
    Or we start with Can, Gini and Henderson, Coutinho Firmino and Mane.

If not

Can, Gini, Henderson, Origi Firmino and Mane.

Or

Can, Gini, Coutinho, Origi, Firmino and Mane by your choice? Two players off form there, you sure about that? Coutino and Origi.

Injuries for both teams going into this game...

Liverpool
    Injured: Lallana, Sturridge & Ings
    Doubtful: Hendo

Everton
    Injured: Coleman, Funes Mori, McCarthy, Bolasie & Besic
    Doubtful: Schneiderlin

With us being a bit light in midfield, what about Milner playing in midfield and either Moreno playing left back, or shift Clyne to left back, and play Trent AA at right back.

------------------Migs

Clyne/AA---Matip----Lovren----Moreno/Clyne

----------Milner----Can---Winj-------------------

Mane------------Firmino---------------Coutinho

Subs: Karius, Ragnar, AA/Moreno, Lucas, Woodburn, Wilson, Origi

Quote Originally Posted by Jag1980 View Post
    Injuries for both teams going into this game...

Liverpool
    Injured: Lallana, Sturridge & Ings
    Doubtful: Hendo

Everton
    Injured: Coleman, Funes Mori, McCarthy, Bolasie & Besic
    Doubtful: Schneiderlin

With us being a bit light in midfield, what about Milner playing in midfield and either Moreno playing left back, or shift Clyne to left back, and play Trent AA at right back.

------------------Migs

Clyne/AA---Matip----Lovren----Moreno/Clyne

----------Milner----Can---Winj-------------------

Mane------------Firmino---------------Coutinho

Subs: Karius, Ragnar, AA/Moreno, Lucas, Woodburn, Wilson, Origi
    Was reading yesterday, Henderson in contention for the Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Or we start with Can, Gini and Henderson, Coutinho Firmino and Mane.

If not

Can, Gini, Henderson, Origi Firmino and Mane.

Or

Can, Gini, Coutinho, Origi, Firmino and Mane by your choice? Two players off form there, you sure about that? Coutino and Origi.

But i`m hearing that Hendersons out though apparently..so he`d not be available for that midfield 3 if he is.

and if hendo is out and lallanas out too then weve got no choice but to play an off form couts and origi as unfortunately our bench isnt littered with quality in depth..

But i`m hearing that Hendersons out though apparently..so he`d not be available for that midfield 3 if he is.

and if hendo is out and lallanas out too then weve got no choice but to play an off form couts and origi as unfortunately our bench isnt littered with quality in depth..
    Oh, I heard Henderson could be available for the match?

Okay thanks, now I am a little concerned with no Lallana AND no Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Oh, I heard Henderson could be available for the match?

Okay thanks, now I am a little concerned with no Lallana AND no Henderson.
    Could switch the formation I suppose to a 4-2-3-1 rather then the 4-3-3 - not a massive change. This way Origi plays up top, with Mane, Firmino and Coutinho behind, with Winj and Can as the two sitting midfielders
    Last edited by Jag1980; Yesterday at 12:23.

----------------Mignolet
    Clyne------Matip------Klavan------Moreno
    ------Milner------Can------Wijnaldum
    ------Mané------Firmino------Coutinho

Subs: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Lucas, Wilson, Origi, Woodburn

I'm assuming Henderson will still be unavailable for this one as well as Lallana and Grujic, so it makes sense to put Milner in midfield (even at the expense of starting Moreno). With Coleman out (and because Everton's setup doesn't usually include a right winger), I think we might get away with playing Moreno for this one. The midfield test will be really interesting in this game as Everton have Gana and Schneiderlin in front of the back four (with Barkley). So I wouldn't be surprised to see Coutinho in central midfield and Origi starting instead of Moreno (so Milner at left back as per).

No way will we have it as easy as we did in this fixture last season, but Everton haven't won here since 1999 for a reason so I think we'll definitely avoid defeat.
    Last edited by L4Sensation; Yesterday at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by L4Sensation View Post
    ----------------Mignolet

I'm assuming Henderson will still be unavailable for this one as well as Lallana and Grujic, so it makes sense to put Milner in midfield (even at the expense of starting Moreno). With Coleman out (and because Everton's setup doesn't usually include a right winger), I think we might get away with playing Moreno for this one. The midfield test will be really interesting in this game as Everton have Gana and Schneiderlin in front of the back four (with Barkley). So I wouldn't be surprised to see Coutinho in central midfield and Origi starting instead of Moreno (so Milner at left back as per).

No way will we have it as easy as we did in this fixture last season, but Everton haven't won here since 1999 for a reason so I think we'll definitely avoid defeat.
    Why would we or need to do this?................... Why take the risk of Moreno when there is absolutely no need. Why!

----------------Mignolet

At all costs no Moreno..Milner has to play left back. reckon wed have little choice but to bring in the foul master Lucas and let him sit in front of the back 4 - in between Can and Gini.

Gini and Can ( as a 2 in the middle ) doesnt contain the brains to be able to control the game or to sit in the centre and dictate the play in the middle..both have showed good form recent but are both in essence players that run around and get forward alot. i can see them leaving major holes of free space in the middle of the park for everton to run into and get at our back 4.

We need some sort of protection for this..lucas is past is but is all we have.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    Why would we or need to do this?................... Why take the risk of Moreno when there is absolutely no need. Why!
    To put Milner in midfield, he's not as quick but definitely has the stamina and energy to fill in for Lallana and Henderson. Milner's decent enough on the ball as well.
    I think putting Moreno isn't as risky for this game (given our injuries) when Everton don't have Coleman bombing forward, they don't play a right winger either. I guess the only risk is Lukaku doing what Gray did against us, which is favour the left side of our defence. I don't think Lukaku will do that as much because although he's lethal in front of goal at the moment, he's terribly one footed.

That said, I think we're more likely to see Lucas or Stewart start. But I think starting Moreno (despite his unreliability in defence) would be better, purely to put Milner in midfield to fill in for Lallana/Henderson (which he'll be better at than Lucas).

To put Milner in midfield, he's not as quick but definitely has the stamina and energy to fill in for Lallana and Henderson. Milner's decent enough on the ball as well.
    I think putting Moreno isn't as risky for this game (given our injuries) when Everton don't have Coleman bombing forward, they don't play a right winger either. I guess the only risk is Lukaku doing what Gray did against us, which is favour the left side of our defence. I don't think Lukaku will do that as much because although he's lethal in front of goal at the moment, he's terribly one footed.

That said, I think we're more likely to see Lucas or Stewart in midfield instead.
    That's an option, but again one we don't need to take, all we have to do is bring in Origi to our normal team selection and move to a 4231 formation with Coutinho taking up a more central role with little disruption to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    That's an option, but again one we don't need to take, all we have to do is bring in Origi to our normal team selection and move to a 4231 formation with Coutinho taking up a more central role with little disruption to the team.
    Doesn't that involve putting Firmino out wide instead? Brendan played him there and he struggled, Klopp played him there in Mané's absence and he struggled.

Doesn't that involve putting Firmino out wide instead? Brendan played him there and he struggled, Klopp played him there in Mané's absence and he struggled.
    Something like the following....

----------------Migs

Clyne----Matip----Lovren-----Milner

---------Can-------Winj----------------

Mane--------Firmino--------Coutinho

----------------Origi---------------------

Our three are not ridgid though and can interchange, even Origi can play out wide.

....and so the squad selection speculation begins...Lallana etc out....

At least Coutinho has scored for Brazil so hopefully he will bring that magic back with him...although he takes an awful long time to get over jetlag....Firmino also going to be very tired and anyone else who is traveling great distances.

Toffees also have their injury problems so all fair...we will add insult to injury (I hope) and bag all 3 points.

He scored a lovely goal for Brazil v. Paraguay, so fingers crossed he's returning to a bit of form. He came in from the right and scored with his left. Maybe that's something we could try to get him to do for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUKI4nnmEP8

It's not all doom and gloom.

lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Migs
    Clyne Matip Klavan Milner
    Wij Can Coutinho
    Mane Firmino Origi

This would certainly be a vey aggressive change, so I doubt it'll happen. But with Hendo and Lallana missing, would you put Grujic in the 'Lallana' role in midfield and keep Mane Firmino Coutinho intacted?

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Migs
    Wij Can Coutinho
    Mane Firmino Origi
    This would certainly be a vey aggressive change, so I doubt it'll happen. But with Hendo and Lallana missing, would you put Grujic in the 'Lallana' role in midfield and keep Mane Firmino Coutinho intacted?
    I think this is what we will see. Or Firmino and Origi flipped.

I like seeing Coutinho play inside, brings some creativity and guile to our midfield.

If Henderson is unfit:

----------Mignolet

----Can ----- Lucas

------Wijnaldum--------

Mane Firmino Coutinho

If Lovren is fully fit, should JK consider a 3-4-3? Matip can certainly anchor Lovren and Klavan while neutralizing Lukaku. The 4 in the middle (the two wing-backs, Can and Wijnaldum) should deal with the opposition's runners and dominate midfield while our front 3 do the damage. Formation change requires a bit of work but I hope JK and the team work on this over the next few sessions. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    He scored a lovely goal for Brazil v. Paraguay, so fingers crossed he's returning to a bit of form. He came in from the right and scored with his left. Maybe that's something we could try to get him to do for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUKI4nnmEP8

It's not all doom and gloom.
    Nice one.

Arnold must be in with a shout if Hendo can't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    If Lovren is fully fit, should JK consider a 3-4-3? Matip can certainly anchor Lovren and Klavan while neutralizing Lukaku. The 4 in the middle (the two wing-backs, Can and Wijnaldum) should deal with the opposition's runners and dominate midfield while our front 3 do the damage. Formation change requires a bit of work but I hope JK and the team work on this over the next few sessions. What do you think?
    Everybody else is already copying Conte. I doubt Klopp will join into the fan club.

Whichever bitters player gets sent off it will be thoroughly deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Everybody else is already copying Conte. I doubt Klopp will join into the fan club.
    This isn't about copying Conte. It's about addressing injury induced difficulties. BTW, lots of other managers used 3-4-3 long before Conte became a manager. I don't think Conte thinks he has the exclusive right to that formation.

----------------Mignolet

At least with Milner at left back we know it has worked for sometime. Would not introduce Moreno to shakeup the defence for a crucial match like this.
    With Lallana out we have options in midfield with Woodburn although not a like for like replacement.

Even if Hendo is available i do not see him starting. I did not see him in the shooting practise video though.