Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Does anyone think Origi could use a loan?

He let me down on Sunday with his lacklustre cameo, the shift the boys put in all game and he comes on and goes through the motions, I was furious with him.

He's got the ability but atm I don't know if he's got the brain or determination to be a top Liverpool player. Certainly hope to see more of him before the end of the season but not at the expense of Firmino.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    He let me down on Sunday with his lacklustre cameo, the shift the boys put in all game and he comes on and goes through the motions, I was furious with him.

He's got the ability but atm I don't know if he's got the brain or determination to be a top Liverpool player. Certainly hope to see more of him before the end of the season but not at the expense of Firmino.
    He doesn't 'go through the motions'. It was touch and go whether he would even make the match because he was injured so obviously had trouble getting up to speed with the pace of the game.

Huddersfield, but only if we buy at least one top class replacement.

He probably could but we really can't afford to let him go at present.

It's a total mystery what Ings will return from two major injuries like so we can't bank on him at all. Sturridge will go in the summer too. That leaves Origi as our only actual recognised striker with Firmino as a "false nine".

If we loan out Origi, we'd need to buy at least two other strikers in the summer and I just don't see us having the funds to do that, considering we also need a top CB, CM and at least one full back...

I suppose it shouldn't be a shock to see Origi's inconsistency given a lack of sustained playing time. I have to say though there were a few times in the City game where I was quite surprised at his lack of pace on a few runs. As has been said by Andy, I'm not sure we can afford to loan him out given the likely changes we're facing and huge doubts over Ings.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    He doesn't 'go through the motions'. It was touch and go whether he would even make the match because he was injured so obviously had trouble getting up to speed with the pace of the game.
    Make all the excuses you want but he was poor and it wasn't the first time he's been rather dosile when coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Make all the excuses you want but he was poor and it wasn't the first time he's been rather dosile when coming off the bench.
    You can make all the excuses you like for players coming off the bench. Giving good performances from the bench is very difficult to do.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    Wondering what the consensus is on this. I know it normally never works out for us loaning out players, but watching Origi today I thought he's well off the pace. This kid needs a run in a team as I think he has a lot of potential but he needs games. I think a consistent run as starting striker for a PL side could do wonders for him and hopefully he'd come back a more polished striker ready to play every week. It worked a treat for Lukaku, especially if Chelsea bring him back in.

Opinions?
    Im sure Origi is amply paid for his job so no i think a loan is unnecessary esp as rates can be as much as 99.7% APR.

You can make all the excuses you like for players coming off the bench. Giving good performances from the bench is very difficult to do.
    Yes I understand that but giving your all and putting yourself about for ten minutes isn't difficult atall, if he'd have done that then I'd have no complaints.

I think there is a chance that Origi will be a surprise exit. Klopp will want to rebuild his squad and where it was once thought he could do that with 3 or 4 players it starting to look like we'll need 5 or 6. Klopp may look to move on all the players who aren't directly involved with the first 11 or playing style is at odd with what he wants to do.
    If Klopp moves on Origi I think that is a big mistake. Origi is young, strong, pacy and scores goals.

I think there is a chance that Origi will be a surprise exit. Klopp will want to rebuild his squad and where it was once thought he could do that with 3 or 4 players it starting to look like we'll need 5 or 6. Klopp may look to move on all the players who aren't directly involved with the first 11 or playing style is at odd with what he wants to do.
    If Klopp moves on Origi I think that is a big mistake. Origi is young, strong, pacy and scores goals.
    Origi won't be going anywhere.

I would expect Ings to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    Origi won't be going anywhere.

I would expect Ings to go though.
    Can't see us selling Ings, due to clubs being wary of splashing the cash on a player who has hardly played for a couple of seasons. Somebody might take him on loan though, I guess. Danny will definitely need regular football though, and he won't get that here.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyal View Post
    Huddersfield, but only if we buy at least one top class replacement.
    As good and all as Mane, Firmino and Coutinho are, I still think we need a really top finisher. We continue to miss a lot of chances and while we have scored a lot of goals, the difference a goal scorer can make in tight games can make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    As good and all as Mane, Firmino and Coutinho are, I still think we need a really top finisher. We continue to miss a lot of chances and while we have scored a lot of goals, the difference a goal scorer can make in tight games can make a huge difference.
    Push the boat out for Aubemayang
    Next year will be my year