Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think Origi could use a loan?

1. #1 Benteke Does anyone think Origi could use a loan? 
    Wondering what the consensus is on this. I know it normally never works out for us loaning out players, but watching Origi today I thought he's well off the pace. This kid needs a run in a team as I think he has a lot of potential but he needs games. I think a consistent run as starting striker for a PL side could do wonders for him and hopefully he'd come back a more polished striker ready to play every week. It worked a treat for Lukaku, especially if Chelsea bring him back in.

Opinions?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

I think the answer is no. For what ever reason, Origi is lacking confidence at the moment but I think getting is head down in training, improve were he can along with Klopp's re-assurance, Origi will eventually come back. He is still young after all, has time on his side but better off not going on loan. If he went on loan anywhere, I doubt he would come back to be honest as that mean Klopp don't want him.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Not sure, his bank manager should know though.

I think it would help him cause right now he looks very poor

Luis-Garcia's-left-peg is online now Directors Box
    I'd possibly be open to a loan if it was to a decent premier league club.

It's pointless him going back to say Lille or Fenerbache. If we did loan him out he'd need to be replaced though our squad is thin enough as is

Too slow for what we need imo....not just pace

Quote Originally Posted by SerRenely View Post
    Too slow for what we need imo....not just pace
    Not got it. Trade.

No mate we need to stick with this kid. Can't slate him after a few ten min cameos, poor as they've been he's got talent and he's one of few bits of quality on our bench.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    He's a young player and young players need time and games. Origi hasn't been given anything like the amount of minutes that warrants criticism especially with his goal return for those fleeting minutes.

I'm personally not a firm fan of the lad. He's definitely got talent but he's no 20/30 goal a season striker.

Yesterday when he came on you'd think he'd at least be able to murder City's tiring defence with some fresh pace... nope!

He looked knackered and slow. Just not good enough yesterday but he's no Andy Carroll. A loan at this point would mean (sadly and ridiculously like Sakho) the club would be willing to let him go and he's surplus to requirements.

I think (sadly) Ings, Studge and Origi should all be playing their trade elsewhere

I think Klopp will redesign our attack in the summer (strikers, not AM's) and that both Origi and Sturridge will be sold. Origi has shown some potential in his time with us, but not enough to be considered of the quality we need.

I'm a bit the same, he infuriates me with his lack of urgency amongst other things.

I don't know, maybe I'm still angry after he once again offered barely a whimper last night. What do you do, drop Firmino and put him in up front for a stretch of games?

Hard one for Kloppo.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    I'm personally not a firm fan of the lad. He's definitely got talent but he's no 20/30 goal a season striker.

Yesterday when he came on you'd think he'd at least be able to murder City's tiring defence with some fresh pace... nope!

He looked knackered and slow. Just not good enough yesterday but he's no Andy Carroll. A loan at this point would mean (sadly and ridiculously like Sakho) the club would be willing to let him go and he's surplus to requirements.

I think (sadly) Ings, Studge and Origi should all be playing their trade elsewhere
    I agree with all of that. Origi looked slow and weak (mentally as well as physically). He started on the left with the task, I think, of giving Milner some help with De Bruyne, but did nothing and was then switched with Mané. He doesn't look like an athlete. He looks to me to be a bit "sticky" i.e. he doesn't look as if he is capable of changing direction quickly. He is not nimble. Maybe it's lack of confidence - I just don't know, but at the moment he is of no great value to the squad.

grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    I don't know. I really like the lad. And he's still relatively young. What I like about him is that when he plays well he tries to go at defenders and take them on, and when he plays poorly he tries to go at defenders and take them on. I still believe he has a bright future here. But then again I'm terrible judge of talent. I was convinced David N'Gog would be the next Didier Drogba.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Whenever he's played regularly he's scored goals. I have no idea why he's not been in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Whenever he's played regularly he's scored goals. I have no idea why he's not been in the team.
    Because he doesn't press as well as Firmino and doesn't hold up the ball as well as Firmino and doesn't make as many good decisions as Firmino.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Because he doesn't press as well as Firmino and doesn't hold up the ball as well as Firmino and doesn't make as many good decisions as Firmino.
    Have to strongly disagree there.

Firmino is weak, he can't hold up the ball, and makes poor decisions on goal.

Origi, is strong, can hold up the ball, and can finish.

Firmino needs to be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by midiman_user View Post

There is a difference between making good decision in the final third and being a goal scorer.
    For instance, (at Bournemouth) Origi trying an 'eye of the needle' pass when pretty much every outfield player as ahead of the ball with beyond stupid.
    You asked why Origi isn't playing. It's because he can't get ahead of Firmino and the reasons I listed is why he can't get ahead of Firmino.

Quote Originally Posted by AboveUsOnlySky View Post
    I'm a bit the same, he infuriates me with his lack of urgency amongst other things.

I don't know, maybe I'm still angry after he once again offered barely a whimper last night. What do you do, drop Firmino and put him in up front for a stretch of games?

Hard one for Kloppo.
    Yes drop Firmino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't people see it.

Origi is going backwards and it not getting the chance to develop his game while Firmino is being given the chance to fluff all of this shots and cost us vital points.

It's like the same problem that we had Karius.

Just use Firmino as a sub.

Because we need a striker on the field.

Origi isn't going to push ahead of Firmino this season and more likely next season as well. If Origi wants to be first choice he may well have to move on.

There is a difference between making good decision in the final third and being a goal scorer.
    For instance, (at Bournemouth) Origi trying an 'eye of the needle' pass when pretty much every outfield player as ahead of the ball with beyond stupid.
    You asked why Origi isn't playing. It's because he can't get ahead of Firmino and the reasons I listed is why he can't get ahead of Firmino.

Yeah like his shot yesterday when he could have easily passed to AL.
    Or all the shots that his missed that your average striker could have put away.
    He has no end result and it's starting to become painful.
    We would have put that game to rest if we had a clinical striker in the team.

Origi has only been used a bit part player, but he still managed to get 5 goals in 6 games when he was played.

Klopp needs to give Origi some games and bring on our headless chicken when needed.

I think there is something there but if you are competing against a semiretired striker and a makeshift striker that is not particularly prolific and you still can't get a sniff then yes, I think is time to start looking for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by midiman_user View Post

Not having that atall mate watch the game again, Firmino's the best player in our squad imo, most complete player. Origi's not fit to lace his boots yet, defensive work aswell he gives us, game saving headed clearances, non stop pressing too. Layed the game on a plate for Lallana. You haven't got a clue mate.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    I disagree.

It was strange as he did look very lethargic when he came on yesterday.

Even Yaya before he was subbed looked quicker than him!!!

I think he lacks intelligence and even when he was scoring was playing averagely. I don't think he offers much to be honest but age is on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    I think he lacks intelligence and even when he was scoring was playing averagely. I don't think he offers much to be honest but age is on his side.
    This.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    Not sure, his bank manager should know though.
    I spat out my tea

He is a good option to have and I would sign a striker to start for us and make Origi his deputy.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    It's an opposite opinion to what I normally have with young players and would sort of put into question FSG's plans but I wouldn't be adverse to selling him.

That's not saying I want us too though.