Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think Origi could use a loan?

Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    You're saying his opinion doesn't count for much and then spouting nonsense like that?

"Bottom line is that Firmino is not a striker and we are finished if Klopp sees him as one." That perfectly explains why we're the top scoring team in the Premier League ever since Klopp took over the team and put Firmino up front.

Astonishing. Firmino is the reason we scored yesterday.
    The reason why we scored was because Clichy made a clumsy tackle on Firmino when he was never going to score, but thankfully we managed to get a penalty and granted it to someone that can.

And the reason why we didn't win was because Firmino can't finish.

Lallana can be excluded for now.
    Last edited by midiman_user; 20-3-17 at 18:16.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by midiman_user View Post
    The reason why we scored was because Clichy made a clumsy tackle on Firmino when he was never going to score, but thankfully we managed to get a penalty and granted it to someone that can.

And the reason why we didn't win was because Firmino can't finish.

Lallana can be excluded for now.
    *****, just a really bad post

Quote Originally Posted by midiman_user View Post
    Again in your deluded opinion.

But you were put to rights on that one.

Origi needs to start.
    Thankfully, Klopp doesn't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-Simon-95 View Post
    *****, just a really bad post
    He's a troll. I'm certain of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    He's a troll. I'm certain of it.
    Hope so, if not he's had an absolute nightmare. Firmino is a CAM and being put in an unfamiliar position and he's doing pretty well in my book.

Origi does not need a loan. He needs consistent game time in his best position, when he plays up front, he plays well and causes issues for the opposition defence.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettosmurf View Post
    Origi does not need a loan. He needs consistent game time in his best position, when he plays up front, he plays well and causes issues for the opposition defence.
    You are correct Ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    I don't know. I really like the lad. And he's still relatively young. What I like about him is that when he plays well he tries to go at defenders and take them on, and when he plays poorly he tries to go at defenders and take them on. I still believe he has a bright future here. But then again I'm terrible judge of talent. I was convinced David N'Gog would be the next Didier Drogba.
    Hey, there was nothing wrong with the Ndog

Normally I think these loans are a complete waste of time but in this case I actually think it could pay off. The guy just need someone to give him games and some confidence.

Right now he looks like the player that was voted as one of the worse players in Ligue 1. I think he should be loaned as he isn't a starter and when he comes on as a sub he is terrible.

I want to see him play every week for a decent club and see how he does because I am still not completely convinced he is good enough for us.

When he was playing week in week out for us he was scoring or creating in every game. He hasn't gone over the newbie barrier yet but he is young. He deserves at least another season

Quote Originally Posted by StiflerLFC View Post
    Right now he looks like the player that was voted as one of the worse players in Ligue 1. I think he should be loaned as he isn't a starter and when he comes on as a sub he is terrible.

I want to see him play every week for a decent club and see how he does because I am still not completely convinced he is good enough for us.
    Are you stable? the same Origi that virtually held his own until Everton ended his season? The same Origi that has his header hit the post and created a goal against Arsenal despite 15 minutes cameo-appearances? What a stupid comment.

I just wished when he comes on he played like he was going make the Liverpools number 9 jersey his own, and there was no way we could drop him.

But he wanders on, sprints for 5 minutes and then drops off. Needs to show more.

Obviously Sturridge to be sold and replaced. So its him or Ings thats stays

Quote Originally Posted by dxz View Post
    Are you stable? the same Origi that virtually held his own until Everton ended his season? The same Origi that has his header hit the post and created a goal against Arsenal despite 15 minutes cameo-appearances? What a stupid comment.
    The Everton performance was almost a year ago and cause he had 1 header that hit the post, thats successful? Are you stable? He has came on off the bench and looked terrible 95% of the time. He is clearly not going to start in our team and doesn't do much when coming off the bench. He needs to go out and gain some confidence and form.

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Normally I think these loans are a complete waste of time but in this case I actually think it could pay off. The guy just need someone to give him games and some confidence.
    Yeah I agree. Normally they amount to nothing but this seems like it would be a good idea. Right now he's not good enough to start, but he has the odd run of games where he looks a lot better and more imposing. He needs a season somewhere as the main man, it has to be a good standard though. I've always felt he's just not quite there in terms of putting it all together consistently. This is one very rare scenario where he's still very young and has shown enough flashes to suggest there's a player there, and a loan move to give him a run of games could work out for all parties. Off the top of my head, I'd like to see him go to Stoke.

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    I find it very weird that Origi lost his place and generally lost his manager's confidence at a time when he was averaging something like 0.65 goals a game. Whatever else he does or doesn't do he scored goals.

Nobody became a player on the bench or playing 10 minutes a game.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    I find it very weird that Origi lost his place and generally lost his manager's confidence at a time when he was averaging something like 0.65 goals a game. Whatever else he does or doesn't do he scored goals.

Nobody became a player on the bench or playing 10 minutes a game.
    You can't expect a player that is in and out of the team to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    I know some of these fans are so

Origi has been coming on in the last throws of our games, yet still managed to get 5 goals in 6 games when he did get a semi decent run.

Since then Firmino has been ruining our attacking option and Origi needs to start.

We need to put these games to rest before half time and tighten up.

i understand it must be difficult to get any sort of rythm going when you are in and out of games but i do expect a bit better from origi when he comes on he's not good enough in possession and for a big guy i expect a lot more from him physically

The Firmino scapegoating is really hilarious when he's the reason we scored on Sunday. He should have set up Lallana for the winner, who missed an open goal from 5 yards, but it's apparently Firmino's fault we didn't win

The guy has been "ruining our attacks" which is weird, considering that ever since Klopp came in and used him up front, we've scored more goals than any other team in the league. What a coincidence.

Also, when played as a CF for Liverpool:

Firmino: 1 goal or assist every 108 minutes

Origi: 1 goal or assist every 117 minutes
    Last edited by EmreSam; 21-3-17 at 09:48.

Quote Originally Posted by DahoudAreYou View Post
    The Firmino scapegoating is really hilarious when he's the reason we scored on Sunday. He set up Lallana for the winner, who missed an open goal from 5 yards, but it's apparently Firmino's fault we didn't win

The guy has been "ruining our attacks" which is weird, considering that ever since Klopp came in and used him up front, we've scored more goals than any other team in the league. What a coincidence.

Also, when played as a CF for Liverpool:

Firmino: 1 goal or assist every 108 minutes

Origi: 1 goal or assist every 117 minutes
    i agree , the guy is becoming a scape goat , just like can juts liek henderson and wijnaldum , we'll just move round the whole team blaming them for everything

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Exactly. The only player in the history of the game that springs to mind is Solskjśr. And he was a rubbish regular.

to all those saying when he was starting he scored 5 in 5 he just needs games.... are u kidding?

you are right 5 in 5 SHOULD be good enough. but he was literally our worst player in most of those games, and 4/5 if those goals were tap ins.

he was rightfully dropped after, no player gets dropped with a record like that unless he was shambolic. which he was.

This guy frustrates me with his lack of urgency. He has the power and pace to trouble most defenders, but he doesn't utilize his pace and power well enough.

He may have scored those goals in a row but he made some stupid mistakes that cost us goals. His overall game is very poor. How can someone that tall pull out of headers. Sorry but we can't be doing with another David N'gog. No more loans either. Last time he went on loan didn't the French give him an accolade of being one of the worst players that year or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Pat View Post
    to all those saying when he was starting he scored 5 in 5 he just needs games.... are u kidding?

you are right 5 in 5 SHOULD be good enough. but he was literally our worst player in most of those games, and 4/5 if those goals were tap ins.

he was rightfully dropped after, no player gets dropped with a record like that unless he was shambolic. which he was.
    The likes of Lineker, Vieiri, Inzaghi etc. would never have had a career with that thinking.

The way to look at it was he was scoring goals without playing well. We know he can do both as he did last season. He should have stayed in the team and by now he would have been playing well and scoring goals. Instead he's now doing neither and is a couple of months away from ending his Liverpool career altogether and we can move onto some new "project" who won't perform or continue deluding ourselves that 10 goals a season Firmino is an amazing striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    Exactly. The only player in the history of the game that springs to mind is Solskjśr. And he was a rubbish regular.
    Chicharito wasn't bad from the bench either

Yehez is online now Rating revolutionary
    I quite rate Origi, but his cameos and performance against Burnley have been underwhelming.

I wouldn't mind him spending some time in the reserves if we have everyone else fit.

I think I'd keep him next year and not loan him. If he gets his knack back he can be unplayable. The Spurs League cup game is a good example.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Pat View Post

Unless they're scoring goals, strikers almost always look like the worst player, as scoring goals is the point of them. Firmino has reinvented it slightly, but I don't see any concern in someone like Origi not looking brilliant when he isn't scoring. The same goes for the likes of Lukaku and even Kane. In games where they don't score, they may as well not be there, i.e. Kane against us recently. He was the worst player on the pitch by a distance.

Origi is in a tricky place. He needs regular games to improve, but he's almost too good for us to give away on a loan. That said, I'd be inclined to say yes, let's give him at least six months somewhere next season to get regular games, sign a new striker to compete with Firmino and just hope that Ings can remain fit enough to be an emergency third choice striker. If need be, Mane can play there, or even Woodburn or Brewster in an absolute emergency.