Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Keane

1. #1 Default Michael Keane 
    Linked with him by the fairly reliable Simon Jones of the Daily Mail today.

I like the look of him. Won't be cheap but he'd be a good partner for Matip I think.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

errrr

This is why we are nowhere near good enough to challenge for titles because we keep signing no marks we have enough average player we don't want any more we need a proven top quality centre half

Quote Originally Posted by Top klopp View Post
    This is why we are nowhere near good enough to challenge for titles because we keep signing no marks we have enough average player we don't want any more we need a proven top quality centre half
    Must have missed when we signed him, **** off mate you're an utter beaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Linked with him by the fairly reliable Simon Jones of the Daily Mail today.

I like the look of him. Won't be cheap but he'd be a good partner for Matip I think.
    Based on what is Simon Jones reliable?

I have doubts about his ability to play in a side that presses like ours as he has played in a deep defensive block with Burnley. If we are to sign a young English center back then I would rather go for Lascelles from Newcastle but ideally we will look for someone more established.

Alpha Papa is online now Academy prospect
    Expect him to move to a top 6 club this summer. Wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the big guns are in for him

KeepTheFightForJustice is online now Academy prospect
    Annoys me when people assume just because a player plays for a lesser side, he must be rubbish and not good enough.

Coutinho was loaned out to Espanyol once, Firmino was playing for a midtable German side..

Not saying Keane is or will be good enough for us, just find it staggering that because somebody plays for Burnley, he must be not be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJacker View Post
    I have doubts about his ability to play in a side that presses like ours as he has played in a deep defensive block with Burnley. If we are to sign a young English center back then I would rather go for Lascelles from Newcastle but ideally we will look for someone more established.
    This is the kind of thinking that ensured we didn't try to sign Van Dijk, would have not tried to sign Cahill, and would maybe passed on Alderweireld. If our judgement of any player is how "established" they are, then we will always miss out because every big club in the world with big pockets will be waiting for the same thing.

In any case, we need a CB with pace is we like to press. I would like to see Klopp go leftfield on this one. If Mascherano can do a decent centreback impression with Barcelona, then I think we should maybe look for more pace and less size and aerial presence for a centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFightForJustice View Post
    Annoys me when people assume just because a player plays for a lesser side, he must be rubbish and not good enough.

Coutinho was loaned out to Espanyol once, Firmino was playing for a midtable German side..

Not saying Keane is or will be good enough for us, just find it staggering that because somebody plays for Burnley, he must be not be good enough.
    Vardy when not on the picket line.

Wasn't good enough for United, not good enough for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TAOL View Post
    Wasn't good enough for United, not good enough for us.
    Pogba wasn't good enough for Utd either, neither was Pique. Clubs make mistakes judging young players all the time.

Good defender, wether or not he'd be good enough for us is another question altogether but I don't think we're actually in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Pogba wasn't good enough for Utd either, neither was Pique. Clubs make mistakes judging young players all the time.

Good defender, wether or not he'd be good enough for us is another question altogether but I don't think we're actually in for him.
    Bit different.

Pogba and Piqué were both sold due to contract stand offs.

Keane was sold as he wasn't up to it. His only appearance for United was the 4-0 loss to MK Dons.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    I'm not a fan to be honest.

He does the basics well but then I don't see him as an improvement on Klavan or Lovren. I want us to be aiming higher than Michael Keane.

Quote Originally Posted by mkone View Post
    This is the kind of thinking that ensured we didn't try to sign Van Dijk, would have not tried to sign Cahill, and would maybe passed on Alderweireld. If our judgement of any player is how "established" they are, then we will always miss out because every big club in the world with big pockets will be waiting for the same thing.

In any case, we need a CB with pace is we like to press. I would like to see Klopp go leftfield on this one. If Mascherano can do a decent centreback impression with Barcelona, then I think we should maybe look for more pace and less size and aerial presence for a centre back.
    The thing about established for me is that we need someone with a bit more experience as I would rather have someone lead with Matip by their side. I'm not against signing a young center back in general but we need someone who can come in and be the center piece. I see Lascelles being that more than Keane as well but neither would be my number one option.

Also I'm glad that we never signed Cahill.

TheMelwoodMole is online now First team regular
    Something tells me this deal is already done.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    I'm not a fan to be honest.

He does the basics well but then I don't see him as an improvement on Klavan or Lovren. I want us to be aiming higher than Michael Keane.
    He'd be a good partner for Sakho at Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by TAOL View Post
    Bit different.

Pogba and Piqué were both sold due to contract stand offs.

Keane was sold as he wasn't up to it. His only appearance for United was the 4-0 loss to MK Dons.
    MK Dons have a cracking front line

Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    You can't not be impressed with him. He's a beast in the air and quite fast for his size. But whether he's better than someone like Lovren depends entirely on what he has between the ears and I can't judge that. Physicallity and techincal ability is rarely what makes a centreback great. I mean there is nothing special about Bonucci's skill set. It's all in the head.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    You can't not be impressed with him. He's a beast in the air and quite fast for his size. But whether he's better than someone like Lovren depends entirely on what he has between the ears and I can't judge that. Physicallity and techincal ability is rarely what makes a centreback great. I mean there is nothing special about Bonucci's skill set. It's all in the head.
    He does the basics right and he is good in the air. However, I'd hope we set our sights on someone better than him on the ball.

Unless I'm missing something then I can't see him being the best defender in a top side. Not doubting his ability and I do think he is a good player, but I would rather go for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJacker View Post
    Unless I'm missing something then I can't see him being the best defender in a top side. Not doubting his ability and I do think he is a good player, but I would rather go for someone else.
    What are you basing it on?

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    If Klopp gets him it will be because he wants two absolute monsters in the air. I can see the logic, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    If Klopp gets him it will be because he wants two absolute monsters in the air. I can see the logic, to be honest.
    Who is the other monster?

TheMelwoodMole is online now First team regular
    Who is the other monster?
    Lovren duhh
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Top klopp View Post
    Keane wouldn't be my first choice, but what a load of utter horse**** this post is.

What are you basing it on?
    I think he can be cumbersome on the ball and I don't think he is the leader of Burnley's backline as Heaton and Mee seem to be their leaders at the back. This can be simply a case of the more experienced players of the side having more responsibilities in that regard but I do think we need someone who can be the leader of our back four.

Acumen is online now First team regular
    I don't think we'll sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    He does the basics right and he is good in the air. However, I'd hope we set our sights on someone better than him on the ball.
    Could always just be a symptom of Burnley's playing style and tactics.

He looks okay in an ultra defensive side, he doesn't look anything special with the ball at his feet but then again we are probably not looking for the next Pique, I guess. I suspect he is going to be quite expensive for what he is worth.