Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New kit 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by Defo-skitso View Post
    I don't like it cause it's united like
    That as well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Red-And-Proud View Post
    When you got 3 young boys who want to keep up with their mates, peer pressure and all that.
    That's f all to do with kits. That's parental control

Red-And-Proud is offline First team regular
    That's f all to do with kits. That's parental control
    Thanks for the parenting lesson, random internet hot-head.
    Klopps beard twin

Just don't buy it. Whose forcing you too?
    Skitso's got a point, nobody is forced to buy it and my guess is it will be one of the least selling kits compared to other years. Like it or not the club's are going to be turning out new kits every year now because they know a demand is there. I'm past the stage now where I buy the new kit, a tee or polo maybe sometimes but I'll leave it to the kids to do the fashion thing. The new (old) badge is ***** though, nothing in the world cooler than the Liver Bird.

I just wish we'd get Adidas back or go with Nike.

Our kits are generally dreadful these days. The latest ones have really baggy shoulder areas, making the players look like they're wearing shoulder pads.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    I like the badge but the thick yellow trim is tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Doesn't even look remotely like a Liverpool kit, WTF??? Thats effin Roma's kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidared View Post
    Skitso's got a point, nobody is forced to buy it and my guess is it will be one of the least selling kits compared to other years. Like it or not the club's are going to be turning out new kits every year now because they know a demand is there. I'm past the stage now where I buy the new kit, a tee or polo maybe sometimes but I'll leave it to the kids to do the fashion thing. The new (old) badge is ***** though, nothing in the world cooler than the Liver Bird.
    Thats like saying to someone who is complaining about ticket prices "nobody is forcing you to go"
    Stating the blatantly obvious is not always the way to go. The clubs should have some responsibility towards its fans.

I will break it down for you. My kids understand they can't have 3 kits a season ( the younger ones not so much) but when their friends are all wearing them, they feel left out. I feel bad for making them feel left out. It maybe be part and parcel of growing up, but it is a situation I'd rather not arise- for the benefit of what?

Because if you can't afford 3 kits a season then just don't buy them, well why the heck are they making them- to squeeze every last penny they can-
    Klopps beard twin

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Still think they should do what some lower league clubs do. Put it to a public vote. The whole point of releasing a new kit is to sell it, so why not make sure you're giving people one they like that they'll buy? Give us 3 or 4 options and let us decide how the Reds look next season.

Then again, Brexit and Trump. We'll probably end up with a luminous green kit with one long sleeve and one short.

The kits are nice. The badge is awful and has a terrible dose of symbolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    What?
    Klopps beard twin

Thats like saying to someone who is complaining about ticket prices "nobody is forcing you to go"
    Stating the blatantly obvious is not always the way to go. The clubs should have some responsibility towards its fans.

I will break it down for you. My kids understand they can't have 3 kits a season ( the younger ones not so much) but when their friends are all wearing them, they feel left out. I feel bad for making them feel left out. It maybe be part and parcel of growing up, but it is a situation I'd rather not arise- for the benefit of what?

Because if you can't afford 3 kits a season then just don't buy them, well why the heck are they making them- to squeeze every last penny they can-
    You don't need to break anything down for me I know and get exactly what you're saying and agree. I'm on restricted income now due to health and can't get the grandkids everything I'd like to and I totally understand the peer pressure they are under. If I can't afford to get the kids a kit this year then its going to have to be a tee or something else affordable. And I go to a fraction of the games I used to, just a harsh reality that you can only squeeze so much money out of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    I just wish we'd get Adidas back or go with Nike.

Our kits are generally dreadful these days. The latest ones have really baggy shoulder areas, making the players look like they're wearing shoulder pads.
    I don't mind that. My issue is the kits aren't moobs friendly

Thanks for the parenting lesson, random internet hot-head.
    I'm not giving a lesson. I have the same issue I just don't buy it for them. And face the **** from them

You don't need to break anything down for me I know and get exactly what you're saying and agree. I'm on restricted income now due to health and can't get the grandkids everything I'd like to and I totally understand the peer pressure they are under. If I can't afford to get the kids a kit this year then its going to have to be a tee or something else affordable. And I go to a fraction of the games I used to, just a harsh reality that you can only squeeze so much money out of a man.
    sorry if I came across a little pedantic in my last post ... I am entitled to complain..I just think it is greedy from behalf of the club, I used to be able to afford to to take my kids to one or 2 matches and buy them the new kits when they come out , they are making it increasingly more difficult to do so.
    I am entitled to a little moan, at least.
    Klopps beard twin

I'm not giving a lesson. I have the same issue I just don't buy it for them. And face the **** from them
    I would rather not put in that situation is all, due to the greed of the club- it is not necessary ad at the ed of the day it probably helps pay for a shiny new car for 1 or 2 of the players, good for them, only.
    Klopps beard twin

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    We need to go with Puma next get some of those skin tight tops.

The name and number fonts are going to be different next season for all PL teams.

sorry if I came across a little pedantic in my last post ... I am entitled to complain..I just think it is greedy from behalf of the club, I used to be able to afford to to take my kids to one or 2 matches and buy them the new kits when they come out , they are making it increasingly more difficult to do so.
    I am entitled to a little moan, at least.
    Cause you are Red, we all are and I can't stand the never ending bleeding of my income either. The whole game is changing at every level. Mediocre players on 10,000 a day doesn't help the cause when it comes to pursuading fans to part with their hard earned cash for a new kit every year which is why I say Skitso has a point, nobody is forced to buy the new kit, would be good if we could afford to though but thats another theme.

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    We need to go with Puma next get some of those skin tight tops.
    Get lost see above! We need and third kit and then a gynaecomastia kit.

Get lost see above! We need and third kit and then a gynaecomastia kit.
    I was supposed to quote your post

Quote Originally Posted by KoppityKloppity View Post
    I was supposed to quote your post
    :-)

Cause you are Red, we all are and I can't stand the never ending bleeding of my income either. The whole game is changing at every level. Mediocre players on 10,000 a day doesn't help the cause when it comes to pursuading fans to part with their hard earned cash for a new kit every year which is why I say Skitso has a point, nobody is forced to buy the new kit, would be good if we could afford to though but thats another theme.
    Yeah I think that is why got a little miffed by that statement- nobody is forcing me to do anything- it's like saying nobody is forcing me to buy christmas present for the kids either (well maybe the wife does, but thats a different story too)

Just having the home kit change every 2 season was fine...how long will it be that they change every half a season? one for summer and one for winter
    Klopps beard twin

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    It's not going to be exactly that though. I like that basis though, just hope they don't add any stupid imprint or checks etc.

Yeah I think that is why got a little miffed by that statement- nobody is forcing me to do anything- it's like saying nobody is forcing me to buy christmas present for the kids either (well maybe the wife does, but thats a different story too)

Just having the home kit change every 2 season was fine...how long will it be that they change every half a season? one for summer and one for winter
    Keeping the kit for at least two seasons should be normal but the whole economics of the game is perverse. In Basel I wore tops from two or three years back with Shankly or Liver Bird tee shirts, doesn't bother me any more about the kit, just get peeved with them messing with the Liver Bird and the colours.

It is a rather camp Poseidon though.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    It's not going to be exactly that though. I like that basis though, just hope they don't add any stupid imprint or checks etc.
    I hope not. I much prefer our kits with white trim and I hope they thin the edges out a bit.

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Keeping the kit for at least two seasons should be normal but the whole economics of the game is perverse. In Basel I wore tops from two or three years back with Shankly or Liver Bird tee shirts, doesn't bother me any more about the kit, just get peeved with them messing with the Liver Bird and the colours.
    I feel sorry for parents. I'm only 25 but it seems like it has changed loads since I was a kid, kits would last longer and were cheaper.

This season for example there is no need for us to have that weird *********** lime green monstrosity, but I'm sure they've made lots of it.

Platini's fault. We must only spend what we generate - hence 3 strips a year.

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrams View Post
    Is it not a one off badge ?