Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Motorsport Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Daft...but not deliberate.
    I don't even think it was that daft, it's the start of the race on cold tyres and he's been battling Max for the first few corners, he's already taken some front wing damage and then all of a sudden Lewis is right in front of him in the direction he is travelling, it's asking a lot to break/avoid contact there for me.

Its as much of a racing incident as you are likely to see.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

it's a shame people can't appreciate Lewis for who he is, even now a 4 time World Champ (and the records that comes with it)

people still discussing "why is he not loved in Britain"

At the moment yes we have AJ who is the public's darling sportsman in the UK, but simply no reason why Lewis isn't held in the same breathe

both incredible sportsman showcasing the talent we have in Britain on the world stage

such a shame

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by SurreyLiverpoolFan1983 View Post
    it's a shame people can't appreciate Lewis for who he is, even now a 4 time World Champ (and the records that comes with it)

people still discussing "why is he not loved in Britain"

At the moment yes we have AJ who is the public's darling sportsman in the UK, but simply no reason why Lewis isn't held in the same breathe

both incredible sportsman showcasing the talent we have in Britain on the world stage

such a shame
    I think he's well loved in this country, every July tells you that
    dont look back in anger.

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    I think he's well loved in this country, every July tells you that
    He seems to be loved and despised in equal measure, similar to Andy Murray. It seems to be an oddly British thing to find some random reason to dislike our top sportsmen then sneer at their achievements or laugh at their failures.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    He seems to be loved and despised in equal measure, similar to Andy Murray. It seems to be an oddly British thing to find some random reason to dislike our top sportsmen then sneer at their achievements or laugh at their failures.
    This country is weird, theres an element of rooting for someone on the way up then wanting them to fall; I don't get it, Hamilton, Button, Mansell I've loved it when they've won their titles

Verstappen is amazing though, definitely when the mantle passes it's coming his way he's just an unbelievable racer; 20 years old aswell
    dont look back in anger.

This country is weird, theres an element of rooting for someone on the way up then wanting them to fall; I don't get it, Hamilton, Button, Mansell I've loved it when they've won their titles

Verstappen is amazing though, definitely when the mantle passes it's coming his way he's just an unbelievable racer; 20 years old aswell
    Max is wasted at Red Bull, I know people are lauding on them as a team right now, but sorry, they were out of the title race before the season had even started

Its a shame as I can't see another seat for him in F1, so he has to hope Red Bull find a proper engine.

Ferrari always have a number 1 driver and a supporting act - no way they put Max alongside Vettel, no other reason they keep resigning Kimi other than to not cause issues with Vettel, Kimi is rubbish and miles off the pace in nearly every race

and seems Mercedes have settled on prioritizing Lewis now as it seems 3 years of Rosberg/Lewis really caused issues they dont want to repeat again

Max is wasted at Red Bull, I know people are lauding on them as a team right now, but sorry, they were out of the title race before the season had even started

Its a shame as I can't see another seat for him in F1, so he has to hope Red Bull find a proper engine.

Ferrari always have a number 1 driver and a supporting act - no way they put Max alongside Vettel, no other reason they keep resigning Kimi other than to not cause issues with Vettel, Kimi is rubbish and miles off the pace in nearly every race

and seems Mercedes have settled on prioritizing Lewis now as it seems 3 years of Rosberg/Lewis really caused issues they dont want to repeat again
    I don't think he's wasted but Id say he's served his apprenticeship when you consider Kyviat had the same opportunity
    dont look back in anger.

If you have a stand out car you can get away with this but F1 is more competitive these days and you need two good drivers to get you that Constructors title. I think having that directly competing driver there to keep your first team driver on his toes is a good thing too.
    Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloader View Post
    If you have a stand out car you can get away with this but F1 is more competitive these days and you need two good drivers to get you that Constructors title. I think having that directly competing driver there to keep your first team driver on his toes is a good thing too.
    Ferrari do have a stand out car, they have the best car - pound for pound even Mercedes admit that

Hamilton - 333 points, no DNF's
    Bottas - 262 points, 1 DNF

Vettel - 277, 2 DNF's
    Raikkonen - 178, 3 DNF's

Ricciardo - 192, 5 DNF's
    Max - 151 - 7 DNF's

you can see from those stats, just how bad Kimi's season has been

Bottas has had a very indifferent season where he has struggled with the car, likely if that continues next year he will lose his seat, don't see that fear at Ferrari Kimi will ever lose his seat, they just seem to accept how bad he is

Ferrari do have a stand out car, they have the best car - pound for pound even Mercedes admit that

Hamilton - 333 points, no DNF's
    Bottas - 262 points, 1 DNF

Vettel - 277, 2 DNF's
    Raikkonen - 178, 3 DNF's

Ricciardo - 192, 5 DNF's
    Max - 151 - 7 DNF's

you can see from those stats, just how bad Kimi's season has been

Bottas has had a very indifferent season where he has struggled with the car, likely if that continues next year he will lose his seat, don't see that fear at Ferrari Kimi will ever lose his seat, they just seem to accept how bad he is
    They've always accepted that historically though, I can think of Alesi and Berger playing supporting roles
    dont look back in anger.

I see Vettel followed the tradition of German Grand Prix drivers who accidentally-on-purpose try to knock their rivals out of the race.
    Well done Lewis.

Hamilton stops qualifying with a big smash

Not the way he wanted to enter the Brazilian Grand Prix

back of the grid

Should be fun today, Hamilton starting from the pitlane, one of my fave tracks Brazil; big shout to Alonso for getting up to 6th on the grid

Vettel wins - Hamilton gets 4th and Driver of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Vettel wins - Hamilton gets 4th and Driver of the Day
    Was having a meal with the family tonight so haven't seen any of the racing. Lewis must have had some drive to get up to fourth!

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Have to say that was one of the few F1 races I watched all the way through. Watching Lewis climb his way up through the field, and only missed the podium with an error at the last minute. What a driver he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Have to say that was one of the few F1 races I watched all the way through. Watching Lewis climb his way up through the field, and only missed the podium with an error at the last minute. What a driver he is.
    I don't watch that many and I missed the start but I knew it would be fun to watch, he is something else, but a shout out for Max who put in the fastest lap for a bit of fun when he was bored !
    dont look back in anger.

Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    I don't watch that many and I missed the start but I knew it would be fun to watch, he is something else, but a shout out for Max who put in the fastest lap for a bit of fun when he was bored !
    Aye. He's going to be good that boy. I usually only watch the first bend and the last few laps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Aye. He's going to be good that boy. I usually only watch the first bend and the last few laps!
    lol yeah, first few laps, go off shopping for an hour, catch last half an hour...
    dont look back in anger.

Iím the opposite, I love it.

Lewis Hamilton for me is one of the greatest of all time, up there with Senna, Schumacher and the rest.

Loved Max demanding a tyre change at the end when his mechanic didnít want to, screw that, I want to race. Brilliant attitude.