Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Africa - State and Treasury finally captured.

1. #1 Default South Africa - State and Treasury finally captured. 
    Not sure if anyone has been following the events playing themselves out in South Africa currently. The chronically corrupt and ethically compromised 'President' of the country, Jacob Zuma, has fired the Minister of Finance and his deputy, and replaced them with his lackeys in order to get his hands on the national Treasury. he has also fired numerous other ministers in a cabinet reshuffle, all aimed at giving him ultimate power and, effectively, creating a dictatorship.

For those who do not know, this shell of a man (Zuma) has been bought by an Indian immigrant family, the Gupta's, who have made billions in corrupt government contracts and other 'mechanisms' .. this family effectively now control South Africa through last evenings South African equivalent to the Nazi's 'Night of the long knives'. I am not in any way being sensationalist here .. just search through South African news this morning for any and all press articles on the subject.

Our country is now in deep trouble. The ruling ANC party is completely unrecognisable from the liberation movement / party that brought about the required change in South Africa, and ended the unjust and despicable Apartheid system. Parliament is now made up virtually in it's entirety by Zuma lackeys and a culture of nepotism and corruption. Part and parcel of this turn of events is a trillion Rand nuclear deal with Russia which Zuma and his acolytes are attempting to force through Parliament .. not to provide energy for our future in this country, but rather to enable the Gupta's - who have coincidentally bought many Uranium mines and other related industrial businesses - to further plunder State resources. Telling that in a country that has access to healthier renewable energy sources, this lot have decided that nuclear energy is the way to go.

I am deeply concerned for the future of all South Africans, and am now seriously considering my options with respect to emigration. I cannot, in good conscience, live in a country which - seemingly, unless drastic action like a tax revolt to bring the Treasury and Zuma's plans to its knees - is destined to be another Zimbabwe, or worse. At least I have the potential to investigate opportunities abroad .. the vast majority of my brothers and sisters in the country - of all races, creeds, religions, political persuasions - do not enjoy this option at all .. hell, I am not even sure I do.

I ask you all to hold South Africa in your thoughts as we deal with this crisis of epic proportion. Cry the beloved country.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by grenny158 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has been following the events playing themselves out in South Africa currently. The chronically corrupt and ethically compromised 'President' of the country, Jacob Zuma, has fired the Minister of Finance and his deputy, and replaced them with his lackeys in order to get his hands on the national Treasury. he has also fired numerous other ministers in a cabinet reshuffle, all aimed at giving him ultimate power and, effectively, creating a dictatorship.

For those who do not know, this shell of a man (Zuma) has been bought by an Indian immigrant family, the Gupta's, who have made billions in corrupt government contracts and other 'mechanisms' .. this family effectively now control South Africa through last evenings South African equivalent to the Nazi's 'Night of the long knives'. I am not in any way being sensationalist here .. just search through South African news this morning for any and all press articles on the subject.

Our country is now in deep trouble. The ruling ANC party is completely unrecognisable from the liberation movement / party that brought about the required change in South Africa, and ended the unjust and despicable Apartheid system. Parliament is now made up virtually in it's entirety by Zuma lackeys and a culture of nepotism and corruption. Part and parcel of this turn of events is a trillion Rand nuclear deal with Russia which Zuma and his acolytes are attempting to force through Parliament .. not to provide energy for our future in this country, but rather to enable the Gupta's - who have coincidentally bought many Uranium mines and other related industrial businesses - to further plunder State resources. Telling that in a country that has access to healthier renewable energy sources, this lot have decided that nuclear energy is the way to go.

I am deeply concerned for the future of all South Africans, and am now seriously considering my options with respect to emigration. I cannot, in good conscience, live in a country which - seemingly, unless drastic action like a tax revolt to bring the Treasury and Zuma's plans to its knees - is destined to be another Zimbabwe, or worse. At least I have the potential to investigate opportunities abroad .. the vast majority of my brothers and sisters in the country - of all races, creeds, religions, political persuasions - do not enjoy this option at all .. hell, I am not even sure I do.

I ask you all to hold South Africa in your thoughts as we deal with this crisis of epic proportion. Cry the beloved country.
    Yes its sad when politicians become as (alledgedly) corrupt as Zuma has. Even Mandela would have had a job managing this situation. The knee jerk reaction of apartheid whites in SA will be to say this was always going to happen/you cant trust blacks to run the country etc etc. Its not a black white issue its about statemanship. Its about a party that has become corrupt with power. There needs to be another party in SA that can offer South Africans an alternative not based on old apartheid structures but genuinely democratic. I feel for South Africans of whatever colour as their country is being run badly.

DiddlerDave is online now First team regular

Quite a few of your fellow countrymen have found their way to NZ. One SA friend of long standing left because of increasing restrictions on newspapers and other media, on what they were allowed to say... and how they might couch their terms when reporting aspects of government, police and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Yes its sad when politicians become as (alledgedly) corrupt as Zuma has. Even Mandela would have had a job managing this situation. The knee jerk reaction of apartheid whites in SA will be to say this was always going to happen/you cant trust blacks to run the country etc etc. Its not a black white issue its about statemanship. Its about a party that has become corrupt with power. There needs to be another party in SA that can offer South Africans an alternative not based on old apartheid structures but genuinely democratic. I feel for South Africans of whatever colour as their country is being run badly.
    There is already another party that is far more representative of all South African's .. called the DA (Democratic Alliance), they are the official opposition and are headed up by Mmusi Maimane, a young, energetic leader who has the support of around 30% of the country, of ALL races. What you said about knee-jerk 'apartheid' white (what actually is it that you mean by that - that there are whites who still believe in the concept of apartheid?) reaction is not entirely true, ghyll, as Maimane, who is black, is supported by a large number of white voters. Having said that, Zuma IS the absolute template for the typical black, dictatorial, corrupt African leader. He is up there with the worst of the worst actually .. and anyone in their right mind would agree that he is the exact type of African individual that you absolutely cannot trust in any way, mean or form. Zuma is scum and needs to be removed from power immediately, however it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Quite a few of your fellow countrymen have found their way to NZ. One SA friend of long standing left because of increasing restrictions on newspapers and other media, on what they were allowed to say... and how they might couch their terms when reporting aspects of government, police and so forth.

Plenty of South Africans - of all races, I might add - have emigrated to New Zealand and Australia. It is actually the region that I am now actively exploring.

Plenty of South Africans - of all races, I might add - have emigrated to New Zealand and Australia. It is actually the region that I am now actively exploring.
    Yes, indeed. Families of all descriptions have settled, and the usual comment is that they feel that they can relax, feel safer... and breathe easier.

Always a cuppa at our place if you pop in , Gren.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Yes, indeed. Families of all descriptions have settled, and the usual comment is that they feel that they can relax, feel safer... and breathe easier.

Always a cuppa at our place if you pop in , Gren.
    Haha, thanks for that, Dave, we can watch the next Test series between the Black Caps and the Protea's together.

Haha, thanks for that, Dave, we can watch the next Test series between the Black Caps and the Protea's together.
    Yeah, mate. It was a good tour this time. Good contest.

Oops... nearly derailed the thread.

Are they South African but of Indian origin or Indians?

The revolution will be televised

Quote Originally Posted by DantesShadow View Post
    Are they South African but of Indian origin or Indians?
    Indians who relocated to South Africa:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gupta_family

A truly scummy bunch. In fact, I think the word 'scum' was invented to describe them.

grenny - thinking of you mate and it puts into perspective difficulties in different countries and the political climate, there are clearly different shades of bad and the situation in South Africa sounds incredibly worrying, awful.

I hope somehow things take a turn for the better, but in the meantime my thoughts to you and the family, perhaps worth keeping this thread going to keep updated on such a specific issue and your own developments within it

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    grenny - thinking of you mate and it puts into perspective difficulties in different countries and the political climate, there are clearly different shades of bad and the situation in South Africa sounds incredibly worrying, awful.

I hope somehow things take a turn for the better, but in the meantime my thoughts to you and the family, perhaps worth keeping this thread going to keep updated on such a specific issue and your own developments within it
    Hi welshy .. thanks for that, my friend.

Already, there has been an unprecedented, angry reaction to what Zuma has done, from political leaders in his own party (the ANC), the official opposition Democratic Alliance, all other political parties and the people of the country. There are currently massive demonstrations against what he has done that are underway .. the people are angry, very angry. It could well be that he has overreached this time and made a seriously poor decision - one that could finally see him ousted from power. It is basically all kicking off here now and the general feeling is that he now has to be stopped, whatever it takes. The official opposition have applied for a court interdict to stop the new parliamentary appointments from happening - even his previous allies are taking a stand against him.

This could actually be a new dawning for our country, obviously something I am hoping for with all my might, as are all South Africans who have finally seen through his lies and attempts at brainwashing the public that what he has been doing is for the 'good of the country' .. too early to determine exactly what will be happening in the short term but hope springs eternal.

Indians who relocated to South Africa:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gupta_family

A truly scummy bunch. In fact, I think the word 'scum' was invented to describe them.
    reminds me of the Koch Brothers and the Waltons.

Quote Originally Posted by angelYNWA View Post
    reminds me of the Koch Brothers and the Waltons.
    I get how they are wealthy families with strong political influence, angel, but as evil as the Gupta's and guilty of State Capture?

And the South African economy has been officially downgraded to 'junk' status today. Once upon a time, the economic powerhouse of Africa. Well done, Zuma, you *********** son of a *****. I hope you rot in hell one day, and that that day comes as soon as possible.

actively exploring.
    internet explorer?
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    internet explorer?
    Not sure what you mean?

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Zuma will take SA down the toilet. I didn't think anyone could be worse than Mbeki. The ANC have been a miserable failure post-Mandela.

Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    Zuma will take SA down the toilet. I didn't think anyone could be worse than Mbeki. The ANC have been a miserable failure post-Mandela.
    The ANC were ok - considering they were a liberation movement, not a political party - until Zuma took power. They were learning the 'art' of politicking and running a country, albeit slowly as was expected. Once Zuma the criminal rapist took over, there was always going to be one end result. He is completely compromised by his relationship with the Gupta's, and the Russians own whatever the Gupta's don't. What is utterly disappointing and disgusting to me is how the rest of the ANC leadership are a bunch of spineless and corrupt cowards, who are still backing this ******* even though he has sold the country out from under us.

And as for the dumb, brainwashed masses who still support this shell of a man, and this cowardly party: They have no clue how much harder their lives are going to get now, whilst the 'leaders' they put into power dine each night on caviar and good wine. I have no sympathy for them, or their coming plight, anymore. They can all rot in hell as far as I am concerned, believing the utter **** that this 'President' has spewed to them, playing on their fears of white dominance in the future. Really? One man, one vote, with about 5 million whites in a country of 55 million people .. how the **** will whites ever regain power? How stupid can people be?

One final word: An English PR company - Bell Pottinger - has been retained by Zuma and the Gupta's to run a disinformation campaign, citing an imagined construct called 'White Monopoly Capital' as the reason for South Africa's woes, as well as pushing an agenda of 'radical economic transformation' which Zuma is promising will bring all manner of prosperity to them, whilst laying waste to all whites in South Africa. This PR company has done this kind of political interference as indicated in the second article below, pretty disgusting bunch. The dumb ****ers have bought it all, hook, line and sinker.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3435...Bell-Pottinger

http://www.biznews.com/thought-leade...obal-industry/
    Last edited by grenny158; 6-4-17 at 00:04.

Grenny whats the update - someone at the hospital I see periodically was telling the brotherhood, (Can't remember the name he used) won't allow the Gupta's and the president to get away with what they are trying to do....

The brotherhood has the De Beers family and friends in it

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Grenny whats the update - someone at the hospital I see periodically was telling the brotherhood, (Can't remember the name he used) won't allow the Gupta's and the president to get away with what they are trying to do....

The brotherhood has the De Beers family and friends in it
    Marches planned all over the country to protest what Zuma is doing to the country .. the turnout is expected to be large, in all cities around the country .. in true dictatorial fashion, Zuma and his acolytes, especially the ANC Youth League are threatening violence against people who are marching, and the police have already come out and said they cannot protect the marchers. Crazy, because in a democratic country the citizens have a right to peaceful marches and protests.

I wish it were true about the 'Brotherhood' or 'Broederbond' as they were once known .. but I believe they are pretty much a spent force against the sheer numbers of the 'captured' ANC diehards and their despicable leader. he really couldn't care less about anything or anyone though, so they can say what they like - it will fall on deaf ears.

I cannot attend as I am working in a numero theatre in the morning, but I will obviously be following with keen interest and will give feedback here when I can. I ask anyone reading to have their thoughts with those who are marching in this peaceful but meaningful protest. It will take literally millions in the streets for it to have any effect at all though.

If Zuma is allowed to continue with his plunder of the State, South Africa is destined to become a country not dissimilar to Zimbabwe.

I've been following the slow demise of SA as someone I know has relatives who have been slowly moving all their monies out of SA, selling multiple houses and businesses including a plane and helicopter. I asked him with the lifestyle why he would be taking hits to move his family out and he said one word. Zuma.

I did did originaly think it was about him being white, but he says not. It's more about the country is going to the toilet and he is more worried about his kids futures. This is just so sad.

That all Mandella did is being destroyed is so shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    I've been following the slow demise of SA as someone I know has relatives who have been slowly moving all their monies out of SA, selling multiple houses and businesses including a plane and helicopter. I asked him with the lifestyle why he would be taking hits to move his family out and he said one word. Zuma.

I did did originaly think it was about him being white, but he says not. It's more about the country is going to the toilet and he is more worried about his kids futures. This is just so sad.

That all Mandella did is being destroyed is so shameful.
    It is absolutely that one word - ZUMA. He is your typical African self styled dictator, concerned only about his own well-being, and about putting a system of patronage in place, completely designed to keep him in power and looting State coffers.

This is the thing, and I am sure your friend would agree: White South Africans would gladly, completely, support a black President if he was for the people, if he had integrity, and if he was not a corrupt, self serving individual like Zuma. This would be irrespective of whichever political party he came from, including the ANC. I know I would, 100%. This was shown when Mandela was in power .. people would be surprised at how many white people voted for the ANC, even back in 1994, and in subsequent elections, prior to Zuma the scum coming into power.

It is shocking what he singlehandedly has CHOSEN to do to our country .. it is absolutely shocking how he has allowed himself to be so compromised .. having said that, the man is a criminal and a rapist, so what should one expect from someone who has the track record he has.

Like all other South Africans, I am watching events unfold at this present time. If Zuma retains power, it will be time for all citizens - of all colours - with at least a small modicum of brain power, to reevaluate living in SA .. I know that the money flowing out of the country right now has reached unprecedented levels, and will continue to do so unless things start to stabilise quickly. This alone will cost the country a lot .. but it pales into insignificance when you witness the inevitable brain drain of people who effectively, are keeping the economy turning over.

These are difficult times for the country, and will define the countrys future going forward.

An update on this that concerns the UK or, more specifically, a British company.

A British PR company by the name of Bell Pottinger has been carrying out an insidious smear campaign against white people and opponents of the Zuma / Gupta cabal (who I have elaborated on in a previous post), on behalf of said cabal. This disgusting bunch have previous history of incitement in various other countries around the world - a quick Google search will verify this - but no action has been taken against them .. until now. The official opposition party in South Africa, the Democratic Alliance, has reported Bell Pottinger to the Public Relations and Communications Association (who are the 'watchdog' for all PR companies internationally). Prior to them being reported, Bell Pottinger denied all and every allegation of assisting in State Capture in South Africa, and deliberately sowing racial disharmony and division in our country. Surprise, surprise - now that they have been found out, the chairman of the company has issued a formal apology to South Africa but stated that he knew nothing about what was happening https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...frica-campaign . A disciplinary hearing will now commence on 18 August - https://www.da.org.za/2017/07/bell-p...nce-18-august/ - I personally hope (together with millions of South Africans) that they are severely punished - in fact, they do not deserve to be in business at all, and I hope they find sufficient evidence to close down this morally bankrupt company in it's entirety. They are a vile bunch of people, headed up (at least on the South Africa side of things) by a woman by the name of Victoria Geoghegan - http://www.biznews.com/guptaleaks/20...an-guptaleaks/ - This evil scum deserves all that is coming her way.

In a fragile democracy such as ours, that has come through and barely survived the maelstrom that was apartheid and the associated ills and evils of that system, the last thing that was needed was any additional stress and strain put on the country and it's people. To deliberately do what they did - for a reported amount of 100,000 pound as a monthly retainer - without a care for the impact on the country, is the absolute lowest of the low.

No wonder this world of ours is in such a state.

An update on this that concerns the UK or, more specifically, a British company.

A British PR company by the name of Bell Pottinger has been carrying out an insidious smear campaign against white people and opponents of the Zuma / Gupta cabal (who I have elaborated on in a previous post), on behalf of said cabal. This disgusting bunch have previous history of incitement in various other countries around the world - a quick Google search will verify this - but no action has been taken against them .. until now. The official opposition party in South Africa, the Democratic Alliance, has reported Bell Pottinger to the Public Relations and Communications Association (who are the 'watchdog' for all PR companies internationally). Prior to them being reported, Bell Pottinger denied all and every allegation of assisting in State Capture in South Africa, and deliberately sowing racial disharmony and division in our country. Surprise, surprise - now that they have been found out, the chairman of the company has issued a formal apology to South Africa but stated that he knew nothing about what was happening https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...frica-campaign . A disciplinary hearing will now commence on 18 August - https://www.da.org.za/2017/07/bell-p...nce-18-august/ - I personally hope (together with millions of South Africans) that they are severely punished - in fact, they do not deserve to be in business at all, and I hope they find sufficient evidence to close down this morally bankrupt company in it's entirety. They are a vile bunch of people, headed up (at least on the South Africa side of things) by a woman by the name of Victoria Geoghegan - http://www.biznews.com/guptaleaks/20...an-guptaleaks/ - This evil scum deserves all that is coming her way.

In a fragile democracy such as ours, that has come through and barely survived the maelstrom that was apartheid and the associated ills and evils of that system, the last thing that was needed was any additional stress and strain put on the country and it's people. To deliberately do what they did - for a reported amount of 100,000 pound as a monthly retainer - without a care for the impact on the country, is the absolute lowest of the low.

Kinell, horrible but sadly unsurprising

Sadly war, fragile politically divided countries etc are all wonderful marketing big business opportunities for these immoral dirty appalling little ****'s who will take the money and run with not a thought of consequences

I hope they get them mate, and kill their 'business' for good

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    Kinell, horrible but sadly unsurprising

Sadly war, fragile politically divided countries etc are all wonderful marketing big business opportunities for these immoral dirty appalling little ****'s who will take the money and run with not a thought of consequences

I hope they get them mate, and kill their 'business' for good
    Yep, it is horrendous, welshy .. if you have a look at their Wiki page, and particularly the section titled 'criticism', it makes interesting reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Pottinger .. They are a serious 'dirty tricks' organisation.
    Last edited by grenny158; 19-7-17 at 10:15.

She sounds like the quintessential Tory.

Profit motive personified.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    She sounds like the quintessential Tory.

Profit motive personified.
    It is becoming increasingly difficult to have faith in mankind and our collective future, rhoscoch - everything today is about money, profit, greed .. seemingly, no-one really gives a **** about their fellow man anymore, as long as the individuals needs are met. I have to say that I am feeling more and more disillusioned as I get older .. and this at a time (in terms of the age group I am in) when our understanding of human nature and our place in the world should be quite the opposite (or so I thought when I was younger). In my business, I ALWAYS put the patient (I am in the surgical field) first, my customer (the surgeon) second, and only then do I concern myself with profits etc .. based on the principal that, if your focus is on the 1st and 2nd, then the 3rd takes care of itself. All around me in the industry, I see shady deals being done, corruption is rife in both the public and private sectors, and it becomes increasingly difficult to continue on the path I have long chosen.

Enough bitching for now though .. doesn't really do much good.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to have faith in mankind and our collective future, rhoscoch - everything today is about money, profit, greed .. seemingly, no-one really gives a **** about their fellow man anymore, as long as the individuals needs are met. I have to say that I am feeling more and more disillusioned as I get older .. and this at a time (in terms of the age group I am in) when our understanding of human nature and our place in the world should be quite the opposite (or so I thought when I was younger). In my business, I ALWAYS put the patient (I am in the surgical field) first, my customer (the surgeon) second, and only then do I concern myself with profits etc .. based on the principal that, if your focus is on the 1st and 2nd, then the 3rd takes care of itself. All around me in the industry, I see shady deals being done, corruption is rife in both the public and private sectors, and it becomes increasingly difficult to continue on the path I have long chosen.

Enough bitching for now though .. doesn't really do much good.
    Ayn Rand and the followers of her 'cult of self' have a lot to answer for.