Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    on this forum, really.
    True, I remember him getting slaughtered by some after the game at Old Trafford (where he actually won most of his duels with Martial and didn't concede a single free kick).
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    True, I remember him getting slaughtered by some after the game at Old Trafford (where he actually won most of his duels with Martial and didn't concede a single free kick).
    agree, he did a great game at Old Toilet, and held the stage as a full back some years of experience older,

I think Mr Klopp should give Trent a starting berth in either game at the Hong Kong Asia Trophy,

he's actually more confident and fitter than Clyney,

What an absolute myth.

Literally off the top of my head -

Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool - Who was at fault for letting Oxlade Chamberlain run through him with ease, to make it 2-4?
    Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal. Who was at fault for letting Danny Welbeck get an easy run goal side of him and pull Arsenal back into the game?
    Man United 1-1 Liverpool (15/16). Who conceded the penalty and got ran rings around by Martial?
    Even the most renowned full backs in the world have made mistakes and been at fault for goals. How many times has Marcelo cost Madrid with poor defending over the years? Sometimes you have to give credit to the opponents for good play.

You can draw up a list of all the times Coutinho's been bullied off the ball and under hit passes or Firmino's failed to trap a five yard pass. Doesn't mean they aren't good players.

Matip for example didn't cover himself in glory for a few goals we conceded last season either, yet he gets no stick? I remember players breezing past him like he wasn't there at times. Defenders get done from time to time.

His performance up against Sane away at City was class, both Spurs games. Didn't put a foot wrong in the derbys last year either. He's obviously got his faults but the whole he's a solid player and one of the best right backs in the league in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Even the most renowned full backs in the world have made mistakes and been at fault for goals. How many times has Marcelo cost Madrid with poor defending over the years? Sometimes you have to give credit to the opponents for good play.

You can draw up a list of all the times Coutinho's been bullied off the ball and under hit passes or Firmino's failed to trap a five yard pass. Doesn't mean they aren't good players.

Matip for example didn't cover himself in glory for a few goals we conceded last season either, yet he gets no stick? I remember players breezing past him like he wasn't there at times. Defenders get done from time to time.

His performance up against Sane away at City was class, both Spurs games. Didn't put a foot wrong in the derbys last year either. He's obviously got his faults but the whole he's a solid player and one of the best right backs in the league in my opinion.
    I don't know why you're bringing up Matip/Coutinho/Firmino. All you said originally was "he's always solid in big games". And I simply proved otherwise.

And in terms of "one of the best RBs in the league". Azpilicueta, Walker, Trippier, Cedric, Coleman are all better than him. Last season, Valencia was better than him.

If he was genuinely one of the best right backs in the league, Klopp wouldn't be giving Alexander-Arnold a golden opportunity to take his place.

Also you bring up City away - we were all over them for a majority of that game. Can you imagine if we had a competent right back to help us attack? Clyne didn't attempt a single cross in that game - probably for the best.
    Last edited by EmreSam; 17-7-17 at 12:46.

What an absolute myth.

Literally off the top of my head -

Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool - Who was at fault for letting Oxlade Chamberlain run through him with ease, to make it 2-4?
    Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal. Who was at fault for letting Danny Welbeck get an easy run goal side of him and pull Arsenal back into the game?
    Man United 1-1 Liverpool (15/16). Who conceded the penalty and got ran rings around by Martial?
    There are worse players in the side thus why Clyne gets a free ride imo. Problem is he looks like he has never seen a football in his life when going forward. It is probably just me but he seems to have gotten worse in attack the longer he has been here. The amount of possession out fullbacks get in good areas they should be dominant in attacking contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    There are worse players in the side thus why Clyne gets a free ride imo. Problem is he looks like he has never seen a football in his life when going forward. It is probably just me but he seems to have gotten worse in attack the longer he has been here. The amount of possession out fullbacks get in good areas they should be dominant in attacking contributions.
    Agreed. But the other problem some don't understand, is that he is not solid enough defensively, to get a free pass for his awful attacking play. He was at fault for as many - if not more - goals conceded last season, than a central midfielder Milner playing left back. And if anyone disputes that I'm happy to list them.

Danilo is being linked with Chelsea for 25m euros.

Agreed. But the other problem some don't understand, is that he is not solid enough defensively, to get a free pass for his awful attacking play. He was at fault for as many - if not more - goals conceded last season, than a central midfielder Milner playing left back. And if anyone disputes that I'm happy to list them.
    Fullbacks have always been a problem area, they seem to haunt us.

Quote Originally Posted by pete752 View Post
    Danilo is being linked with Chelsea for 25m euros.
    Apparently Aurier is available too.

But with much more pressing areas my hope is in TAA taking off this season.

Apparently Aurier is available too.

But with much more pressing areas my hope is in TAA taking off this season.
    The Palace game will be interesting if Klopp carries on with the 'strong team 1 half, reserve team 2nd half' trend.

I don't know why you're bringing up Matip/Coutinho/Firmino. All you said originally was "he's always solid in big games". And I simply proved otherwise.

And in terms of "one of the best RBs in the league". Azpilicueta, Walker, Trippier, Cedric, Coleman are all better than him. Last season, Valencia was better than him.

If he was genuinely one of the best right backs in the league, Klopp wouldn't be giving Alexander-Arnold a golden opportunity to take his place.

Also you bring up City away - we were all over them for a majority of that game. Can you imagine if we had a competent right back to help us attack? Clyne didn't attempt a single cross in that game - probably for the best.
    Trippier? He's got a brilliant delivery, but he's not a great right back atall, championship pedigree player. I think he's better than Coleman aswell who any decent Evertonian will tell you has been a garbage defender for the last few years. Good going forward yes. I don't rate Cedric atall either, too slow.

Fair enough you don't rate him, I hope for the benefit of the club Arnold turns out to be a better player but at the moment for me he hasn't got the natural pace, strength or nouse to displace him.

Jesus, you're awfully slow on the uptake.

Milner had far more cover offered to him than Clyne b/c Milner isn't a natural fullback. You're acting as if Clyne was responsible for nearly every goal we conceded when, in fact, he was responsible for only a few. And all that on the back of three consecutive seasons playing 40+ matches each. He played keeper's minutes for three straight years and made a few mistakes. Oh, the horror!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi98 View Post
    Milner had far more cover offered to him than Clyne b/c Milner isn't a natural fullback. You're acting as if Clyne was responsible for nearly every goal we conceded when, in fact, he was responsible for only a few. And all that on the back of three consecutive seasons playing 40+ matches each. He played keeper's minutes for three straight years and made a few mistakes. Oh, the horror!!!
    Show me clear examples of Milner having "far more cover offered to him" - yet another myth. Mane tracked back as much, if not more, than Coutinho.

Although Clyne most of the time played alongside our best defender Matip, whilst Milner had to play alongisde Lovren/Klavan.

Umm, I'm not acting as if Clyne was responsible for nearly every goal conceded whatsoever, to be honest. I'm actually acting as if, to quote myself "He was at fault for as many - if not more - goals conceded last season, than a central midfielder Milner playing left back." I'd like to know how that relates to "Clyne was responsible for nearly every goal we conceded", thanks.

Arsenal H+A, Swansea H+A, Burnley H+A is off the top of my head, is more than a few goals we conceded wherein he should've done better.

Also the 40+ matches thing is such a weak argument. If, at any point during last season, he wasn't fit enough to play, he would not have played; we had a very competent 2nd choice in Trent ready to fill in if needed.

Anyway there's really no need for the exaggeration. Whenever I post about Clyne you're quick to latch on to me as if I've said he's the worst human being to ever grace the earth. Have I ever said that? No.

Have I ever actually said, Clyne is a bad player? To your disbelief, no I haven't.

All I've said is the following,
    A) He's deteriorated since 2015.
    B) He's not solid ENOUGH defensively to have a free pass on his awful attacking...
    C)...and thus Trent deserves a shot at his place (and it looks like Klopp agrees with me)
    D) Last season, he was no more solid than James Milner, despite him being an established RB and Milner playing left back once in his career before the start of last season.
    E) Based on last season, he was not better than Coleman, Walker, Trippier, Cedric, Valencia etc.

All of those statements I can back up with as many facts/statistics/examples as you'd like. I like to debate but if you're going to actually exaggerate on what my view points are, it's obviously not going to work.
    Last edited by EmreSam; 17-7-17 at 17:03.

frankly, I hope we'll try to snap up a new right back before the window shuts,

not necessarily a top drawer right back,

but a footballer who could allow Trent alexander Arnold to grow his first team experience and take off the pressure weighing down on his shoulders should Mr Klopp put the young

scouser before Clyney in the pecking order this season,

I frankly don't trust Nathan Clyney current offensive end product,

we'd absolutely need an experienced bloke able to be a better attacking outlet on the right end side,

not that TAA being not capable to offer good penetrations and deliveries from the right end side,

but I sincerely deem him too raw physically to be involved against some oppositions, as an instance, on the european stage, where football is even more physical

and pacey,

some of you, mates, have quoted Serge Aurier of Paris Saint Germain, and he would not be a bad option effectively,

but it will be up to our scout department finding the right solution to fix this issue, which at the moment could be deemed not prioritary, but that very soon could

arise to Mr Klopp should one of our two right full backs be sidelined because of different reasons, hopefully not, of course,

so, that's an issue I would like to put under our gaffer scrutiny,

cheers,
    Last edited by rosso76; 17-7-17 at 18:59.

45 minutes closer to him being our #1 right back. Links up with our captain better than Clyne could ever dream of doing.

45 minutes closer to him being our #1 right back. Links up with our captain better than Clyne could ever dream of doing.
    His service and attacking ability is already top class for a fullback. If there rest of his game develops he will be the best right back the club has seen in the modern era.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    His service and attacking ability is already top class for a fullback. If there rest of his game develops he will be the best right back the club has seen in the modern era.
    plenty of time guys. btw, you do realise he can play in midfield also.

He's not getting into our midfield with the options we currently have

i never said currently did i. just pointed out the kid has the skill set to be a very good midfielder.

EmreSam the midfield Maestro and chief commentator strikes again!

Clearly he wasn't saying he should play in Midfield - simply stating his versatility and attributes.

Yeah mate I'm aware, I followed his progress through the academy. I said when he broke into the first team that fullbacks need to have the ball skills of midfielders these days and he fits the profile. In Trent we have a potential elite class fullback developing.

Yeah mate I'm aware, I followed his progress through the academy. I said when he broke into the first team that fullbacks need to have the ball skills of midfielders these days and he fits the profile. In Trent we have a potential elite class fullback developing.
    possibly, give him a few years and think he could drive midfield quite well. athletic, intelligent, vision, pace, and a lovely shot.

foreverred-1973 is online now 100% Concentrated
    I like him very much indeed, but he still has a lot of work to do on his defensive awareness and positioning imo. But going forward he's definitely a better option than Clyne.
    Thank God I'm an Atheist!

possibly, give him a few years and think he could drive midfield quite well. athletic, intelligent, vision, pace, and a lovely shot.
    Agreed, but in saying that having an that kind of service from fullback could revolutionise our play. Look at how good an outlet he is already. Imagine having that on both sides. Hopefully Robertson surprises us

Agreed, but in saying that having an that kind of service from fullback could revolutionise our play. Look at how good an outlet he is already. Imagine having that on both sides. Hopefully Robertson surprises us
    rob palmer [skysports/hull supporter] actually raves about this kid. needs to work on his defensive side but is apparently very good in the attacking sense.

rob palmer [skysports/hull supporter] actually raves about this kid. needs to work on his defensive side but is apparently very good in the attacking sense.
    That is also the same sense you get from watching highlights of him. Hopefully he isn't another Moreno. With all of the hype on big signings it may be an the fullback roles that make all the difference this coming season.

That is also the same sense you get from watching highlights of him. Hopefully he isn't another Moreno. With all of the hype on big signings it may be an the fullback roles that make all the difference this coming season.
    can't recall watching him so will keep an eye open when he plays and keep my fingers crossed .

i never said currently did i. just pointed out the kid has the skill set to be a very good midfielder.
    Sorry mate interpreted it as a suggestion. I completely agree and you can tell that with how comfortable he is on the ball, and how intelligent he is off it.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverred-1973 View Post
    I like him very much indeed, but he still has a lot of work to do on his defensive awareness and positioning imo. But going forward he's definitely a better option than Clyne.
    Don't disagree with that mate but thing is, Clyne also needs to work on his defensive awareness and positioning based off last season.

I know it's meaningless to compare a preseason friendly with a Premier League game, but nonetheless Trent did better defensively today than Clyne did against Zaha in April.