Notices
Closed Thread
Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for the 2017/2018 season, thread 1

Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post
    On the brightside. Bayern can only sign....well more so will only sign one of Pulisic or Brandt. So we can take the dud
    If they sign Pulisic, I can see Douglas Costa wanting to leave too.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemer View Post
    If they sign Pulisic, I can see Douglas Costa wanting to leave too.
    I dunno about that. Let's not forget Robben and Ribery are both getting on in years.

Sure both of their deals end in 2018. Chances are they leave the club then.
    Last edited by KMacDW; 21-4-17 at 11:28.

Quote Originally Posted by KMacDW View Post
    I dunno about that. Let's not forget Robben and Ribery are both getting on in years.

Sure both of their deals end in 2018. Chances are they leave the club then.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting tired of playing second fiddle to those two fossils.

QPR are giving a trial to Liverpool youngster Kris Owens.

The 18-year-old left-back, who can also play in midfield, featured for Rangers’ development side in a match against Watford on Friday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    QPR are giving a trial to Liverpool youngster Kris Owens.

The 18-year-old left-back, who can also play in midfield, featured for Rangers’ development side in a match against Watford on Friday afternoon.
    We must have loads of left backs.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    And yet we haven't got a 'proper' one.

Nowhere to keep 'em. The LB dorms are overflowing with King James lording over the tramps.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    And yet we haven't got a 'proper' one.
    Matbe that's because we're giving them away.

Anthony Glennon - Kris Owens - Sam Hart

Matbe that's because we're giving them away.
    Yet we keep Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Yet we keep Moreno
    Those other players must be 'Left-backs' by name only...

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    Those other players must be 'Left-backs' by name only...
    It's a somewhat poisoned title.

Shriekback is online now Academy prospect
    Is it worth showing interest in Hector again? solid defender and 20 million is the going rate for a top full back.

If I had to compare him to any other full back it would be Arbeloa, not particularly great going forward but a natural defender, I am sick of seeing us sign clowns who are supposedly great going forward ie Johnson and Moreno, can we finally bring in defenders who can actually defend, this is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Is it worth showing interest in Hector again? solid defender and 20 million is the going rate for a top full back.

If I had to compare him to any other full back it would be Arbeloa, not particularly great going forward but a natural defender, I am sick of seeing us sign clowns who are supposedly great going forward ie Johnson and Moreno, can we finally bring in defenders who can actually defend, this is more important.
    More name checking.

There has been no mention in the media that Jurgen Klopp is targeting Jonas Hector, that was last summer. That's as much old news that he was interested in Dahoud. It's likely he's turned his attention to other players, so making such a suggestion is completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    More name checking.

There has been no mention in the media that Jurgen Klopp is targeting Jonas Hector, that was last summer. That's as much old news that he was interested in Dahoud. It's likely he's turned his attention to other players, so making such a suggestion is completely pointless.
    I know I have been following Liverpool for 27 years, it isn't a new hobbie of mine, like for some on here.

You don't know if Klopp isn't going to go show interest in him again, lighten up and stop being so serious.

I know I have been following Liverpool for 27 years, it isn't a new hobbie of mine, like for some on here.

You don't know if Klopp isn't going to go show interest in him again, lighten up and stop being so serious.
    The way to tell if a manager is interested in a player is based on speculation. The hotter the speculation increases the chances of it becoming fact. The Hector thing is freezing, whereas the speculation regarding say Nabi Keita and Virgil Van Dijk is hot, as it's been mentioned for months.

Let's use Sadio Mane as an example, the media threw out speculation in January 2016 that Klopp wanted Sadio Mane. They continually mentioned it. The more they mentioned the hotter the speculation got.

This really applies to major signings. Managers spring surprises when it comes to lesser signings as the speculation doesn't really need to be hot. As of now since say January, there has been no speculation whatsoever that Liverpool want Jonas Hector. Therefore the chances of that signing are zero.

More name checking.

He was actually asking a question.

He was actually asking a question.
    Thank you canuck.

Liverpool U18s: Kelleher, N Williams (Longstaff 72'), Glennon, R Williams, Johnston, Coyle (Simmonds 72'), Adekanye (McAuley 72'), Sharif, Millar, A Lewis, Jones.

The U18's lose 2-1 to Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Anthony Glennon - Kris Owens - Sam Hart
    We've got Juanma as well, but we sold Maguire and Smith, released Enrique as well. We've had a pretty dismal record with left backs since Riise left. It says a lot that our most successful left backs since then weren't natural ones (Flanagan, Milner).

Thank you canuck.
    Too many people jumping the gun too quickly on here.

Too many people jumping the gun too quickly on here.
    No one knows **** about who we want, but they like to think so, based on some newspaper crap.

Then when this player(s) goes somewhere else, the volcano erupts, the whining starts, and more **** gets spewed.

Its a lovely time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    No one knows **** about who we want, but they like to think so, based on some newspaper crap.

Then when this player(s) goes somewhere else, the volcano erupts, the whining starts, and more **** gets spewed.

Its a lovely time of the year.

The media sources are our only way of determining who Liverpool are looking at. Fair enough it's not fool proof as there is major inaccuracies and only 45-50% are actually accurate. However name checking individuals that were previously linked is far less accurate.

I'm still a strong believer in the heat of the speculation. If the speculation is hot, the percentage rate of it being accurate rises.

I'll use the Sadio Mane example again. The Sadio Mane to Liverpool speculation initially started in January 2016 that he was a summer target. The longer that went on and the more it was mentioned, the hotter it got. It became fact that summer. Who reported it? The newspapers.

Not one media source has speculated that Liverpool want Jonas Hector. Therefore as I've said it's merely name checking and it's pointless.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    The media sources are our only way of determining who Liverpool are looking at. Fair enough it's not fool proof as there is major inaccuracies and only 45-50% are actually accurate. However name checking individuals that were previously linked is far less accurate.

I'm still a strong believer in the heat of the speculation. If the speculation is hot, the percentage rate of it being accurate rises.

I'll use the Sadio Mane example again. The Sadio Mane to Liverpool speculation initially started in January 2016 that he was a summer target. The longer that went on and the more it was mentioned, the hotter it got. It became fact that summer. Who reported it? The newspapers.

Not one media source has speculated that Liverpool want Jonas Hector. Therefore as I've said it's merely name checking and it's pointless.
    Did you actually read what he wrote, he asked is it worth showing interest in Hector again, how is that name checking or pointless, in fact pointless would be what you have just preached.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Did you actually read what he wrote, he asked is it worth showing interest in Hector again, how is that name checking or pointless, in fact pointless would be what you have just preached.
    It's actually brilliant. We need to start checking the temperature of those rumours. I already got myself a thermometer.

It's actually brilliant. We need to start checking the temperature of those rumours. I already got myself a thermometer.
    An English one ? Not sure the CDN ones can handle all that heat.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    An English one ? Not sure the CDN ones can handle all that heat.
    Of course I got an English one. The temperatures over there are in Fahrenheit.

Of course I got an English one. The temperatures over there are in Fahrenheit.
    Haha. Well you're set then. I hope u can handle the heat.

Yesterday's action should put any speculation to bed that Sakho might be part of this squad next season.