Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: West Brom (a) - Sun 16th 13:30 - Sky Sports

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Love this! Pulis post match interview...40 seconds in the question... Pulis answer...priceless.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39613295
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by pablored1962 View Post
    I think the posts slagging off Moreno are harsh - he'd only just got on the pitch and hasn't played first team footy for god know's how long.
    Great win - gritty team performance.
    Under the circumstances, I can understand why Moreno went for goal. He's hardly kicked a ball. To be fair to him, it was through his tackle that the opportunity was generated anyway, so he was entitled to try to finish it off. If he'd have scored, it would have been lauded as a piece of wonderful counter-attacking play.

I'm certainly not one to try to discourage the lad. He did great in the first part by making the tackle. If he can do that again, then that would suit me.

I'm sure he doesn't need telling, but next time he will use his options better or shoot more accurately.

His initial adventure can hardly be knocked. This type of breakaway is exactly what we could do with in the final stages of these sorts of games.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Love this! Pulis post match interview...40 seconds in the question... Pulis answer...priceless.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39613295
    40 seconds in and the question was asked about Liverpool really working hard to defend West Brom's set-pieces.

Pulis gives a politician's answer by saying that they had chances by other means.

So, yes, they were denied.

Too bad Tone.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post
    No Sakho should make it a little less tough.
    He played well again this weekend. Starting to become a top player for Palace. Which in turn should help us get the the money we want for him in the summer. Read somewhere we value him at 30m.

God it would be great to Chelsea blow it after having a lead of 10 points or whatever it was.
    After all the taunts they've directed at Stevie it would be ironic indeed if they bottled it.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    He played well again this weekend. Starting to become a top player for Palace. Which in turn should help us get the the money we want for him in the summer. Read somewhere we value him at 30m.
    That should shut up some of the nay sayers that suggest Liverpool will recieve nothing more than 8-12 million for Sakho. He'll go for what Liverpool value him at. If it is indeed 30 million, then he'll go for 30 million or close to that figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    That should shut up some of the nay sayers that suggest Liverpool will recieve nothing more than 8-12 million for Sakho. He'll go for what Liverpool value him at. If it is indeed 30 million, then he'll go for 30 million or close to that figure.
    The people who rubbish Sakho as a terrible player seem relieved that can't play against us.

Never gonna happen on here.

Never gonna happen on here.
    That's a fact. I looked on Palace's forum. Not one comment about Bambi on ice or his style. They love him. Oh, of course, they would because they have such a crap team.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    That's a fact. I looked on Palace's forum. Not one comment about Bambi on ice or his style. They love him. Oh, of course, they would because they have such a crap team.
    Since he's burned his bridges with us, let's hope Palace has enough money to keep him. Or use him as a chip in deal with Southampton for van Dijk.

Good he cannot play against us

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Let's be honest, it's much easier for a CB to look good in a team like Palace, under a manager like Fat Sam. The whole team is set up to defend.

He'll go for what Liverpool value him at. If it is indeed 30 million, then he'll go for 30 million or close to that figure.
    Or they'll slap a price tag on him that no one will pay and he'll "go for" nothing because he won't go at all............. :FP:

Like the logic someone applied some time ago suggesting if three clubs bid let's say 12m, 15m and 18m for a player that we'd get at least 18m for that player (my 'for instance' figures, their logic) Problem with that logic is similar to your's, and part of your logic indeed that is missing, the player might not agree terms with any club that bids that upper bid of 18m so the bid is meaningless.

At the moment what we could fairly state on Sakho is that there is every chance palace might like to keep him, but here's what is still up in the air :

- palace can obviously afford the loan deal, whatever fee and part-wages they might be paying, we don't know they can afford whatever fee "Liverpool value him at" or indeed whatever wages they would have to pay/agree to pay him
    - we don't know what other clubs might want him, how much they would pay and if they could pay his wages
    - we don't know if Sakho wants a permanent move, or which clubs he might agree terms with or even wish to join

There are more factors in transfers than a lot of people on here seem to bother being aware of or mentioning. Might be a good reason why we have had trouble shifting "deadwood" out of here and indeed why it was so hard to get Sakho to even go out on loan. Maybe we live too much in a FM era
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Let's be honest, it's much easier for a CB to look good in a team like Palace, under a manager like Fat Sam. The whole team is set up to defend.
    Laugh if the replacement for the game against us has a stormer!
    People will believe what they want to believe