Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1597

Thread: Daniel Sturridge 16/17 discussion thread - Part 2

  1. #1381  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Agreed mate Danny deserves a run of gsmes
    tonight is his chance. Confidence up, should be starting
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #1382  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    tonight is his chance. Confidence up, should be starting
    tonight??
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #1383  
    Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    18,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    tonight??
    Hallowe'en party.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #1384  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,523
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #1385  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,298
    Two for Danny in two games.

    Maybe he's starting to find his form again. I'm glad Herr Klopp is not using him for full matches, protecting him well and using him as a great weapon off the bench.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #1386  
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,825
    Beautiful striker, playing his part for the squad well at the moment.

    Sturridge - 28
    Firmino - 26
    Ings - 25
    Origi - 22
    Solanke - 20
    Brewster - 17

    Interesting to see who will grab the bull by the horns over the next 5 years.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #1387  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    Beautiful striker, playing his part for the squad well at the moment.

    Sturridge - 28
    Firmino - 26
    Ings - 25
    Origi - 22
    Solanke - 20
    Brewster - 17

    Interesting to see who will grab the bull by the horns over the next 5 years.
    Kasper Dolberg
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #1388  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    Made me laugh how Sturridge just celebrated with the people in his box and all the fans around thought he was gesturing them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #1389  
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,825
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    Kasper Dolberg
    I don't think he's as good as the hype. Potential to be really good, but it will take a huge leap for him to become truly amazing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1390  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by JesalTV View Post
    I don't think he's as good as the hype. Potential to be really good, but it will take a huge leap for him to become truly amazing.
    He would be a good understudy to Firmino. Better than Ings, Origi and Solanke (at present). Won't be long till he's better than Sturridge.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1391  
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,825
    Quote Originally Posted by IDREAMOFGINI View Post
    He would be a good understudy to Firmino. Better than Ings, Origi and Solanke (at present). Won't be long till he's better than Sturridge.
    Won't be better than Sturridge ever. But might be less injury prone and more consistent!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1392  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Made me laugh how Sturridge just celebrated with the people in his box and all the fans around thought he was gesturing them.
    Thought that, because he did that last weekend too!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1393  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,030
    Every time mane gets injured.. Sturridge (help us out bud)

    To be fair his workrate and tracking back was really good last time when he was named in the first team.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1394  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    40,165
    So, "rumours" of Sturridge wanting to "find another club" in January, for a World Cup squad chance...
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...-city-13925056
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1395  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,477
    Sturridge needs to go..hes 3 years late
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1396  
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,298
    Klopp has kept him injury free for a reason: to put him in the shop window, time to cash in now.

    Solanke is the future, and maybe Origi.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #1397  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    So, "rumours" of Sturridge wanting to "find another club" in January, for a World Cup squad chance...
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...-city-13925056
    England/himself more important than us despite sticking with him after him basically being a walking sheet of glass for years. Said it the other day, I’ve never took to Sturridge doesn’t seem to connect with Liverpool. I’d rather Solanke played instead anyway so yeah sell him to a desperate team.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #1398  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,159
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    England/himself more important than us despite sticking with him after him basically being a walking sheet of glass for years. Said it the other day, Iíve never took to Sturridge doesnít seem to connect with Liverpool. Iíd rather Solanke played instead anyway so yeah sell him to a desperate team.
    Hardly, he just wants games. If he's not getting them here it makes sense for him, and us. The thing with English players though is that they almost never go abroad, so if we sell (and this is the same for Hendo, etc too) it'll most likely be to another PL team, which I really wouldn't want.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #1399  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    40,165
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Hardly, he just wants games. If he's not getting them here it makes sense for him, and us. The thing with English players though is that they almost never go abroad, so if we sell (and this is the same for Hendo, etc too) it'll most likely be to another PL team, which I really wouldn't want.
    Sturridge was never going to be a focal point in Klopp's starting 11, lets be honest. I am surprised that Sturridge still stuck around in the summer and was certain he would be off. But we kept him and got me thinking, okay, maybe Sturridge will feature more for us. But he hasn't.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #1400  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,159
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Sturridge was never going to be a focal point in Klopp's starting 11, lets be honest. I am surprised that Sturridge still stuck around in the summer and was certain he would be off. But we kept him and got me thinking, okay, maybe Sturridge will feature more for us. But he hasn't.
    Not unless Firmino gets a long term injury no. Which is why if he wants to leave to get more games it's perfectly understandable, he's not getting any younger and his price isn't getting any higher. I'm a big fan of his and wouldn't really want to see him go, especially to another PL team, but it would make sense and would allow us space to get in another top striker if we do.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #1401  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    42,683
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Not unless Firmino gets a long term injury no. Which is why if he wants to leave to get more games it's perfectly understandable, he's not getting any younger and his price isn't getting any higher. I'm a big fan of his and wouldn't really want to see him go, especially to another PL team, but it would make sense and would allow us space to get in another top striker if we do.
    should have been sold 2 seasons ago
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #1402  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,368
    We need to sell in January while we can still get a fee.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #1403  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Hardly, he just wants games. If he's not getting them here it makes sense for him, and us. The thing with English players though is that they almost never go abroad, so if we sell (and this is the same for Hendo, etc too) it'll most likely be to another PL team, which I really wouldn't want.
    We wanted games out of him when we needed him. We need a squad and at the moment he’s part of it. If he doesn’t want to be fine sell him and replace him with someone better but I’ve never liked his attitude at all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #1404  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    9,933
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    We wanted games out of him when we needed him. We need a squad and at the moment he’s part of it. If he doesn’t want to be fine sell him and replace him with someone better but I’ve never liked his attitude at all.
    His attitude towards his fitness?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #1405  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    28,721
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    should have been sold 2 seasons ago
    Agreed - he has been a millstone round the clubs neck
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #1406  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Agreed - he has been a millstone round the clubs neck
    I would keep him til the summer and then go all out to get Timo Werner as a replacement.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #1407  
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,477
    We had the best year out of him under Rodgers. He's been garbage ever since 2014/15 season began and he got injured. Waste of space for 3 years......and money
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #1408  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,024
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    We had the best year out of him under Rodgers. He's been garbage ever since 2014/15 season began and he got injured. Waste of space for 3 years......and money
    "garbage" that still managed to outscore the rest of the team in 15/16 despite injury problems .................. (seriously mods, bring back :FP: )
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #1409  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    I would keep him til the summer and then go all out to get Timo Werner as a replacement.
    I'd keep him until he is not happy playing a squad role or we have a full set of better forwards, thankfully his fate rests with him and/or the club rather than the negative nellies on here.
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #1410  
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    We had the best year out of him under Rodgers. He's been garbage ever since 2014/15 season began and he got injured. Waste of space for 3 years......and money
    Not unlike your idol Mignolet who was a waste of space for a year longer.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •