Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 2973

Thread: Our manager - Jurgen Klopp - Part deux...

  1. #1 Default Our manager - Jurgen Klopp - Part deux... 
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    38,188
    Seeing as Redhead is not around to start a new JK thread...here is a new one to discuss Jurgen and his ways...
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Dunno where RedHead is these days - So everything Jurgen is here
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Hope Klopp is learning from his mistakes......

    He needs to pay attention to what is happening at Arsenal.......
    As Carra says
    “They’ve lost something special that they used to have. Graeme Souness said it best when he said they’re a team of son in laws. Who would want their daughter dating one of them?”

    “Would you want that type of man for your daughter? Cowards, ducking out of challenges?! From top to bottom, this club is not right."
    As someone else pointed out last night - if thats true, what does it say about LFC, and its constant underachieving....

    Like I said, hope Klopp is paying attention....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,817
    Im pretty surprised to see you starting this thread when you think he is not good enough to be our manager.

    I agree that we have not been consistently good so far, but that is mainly down to the players, most of whom are still knocking around from the Brendan Rodgers Era, as I said before, you cannot expect him to click his fingers and have everything change in an instant.

    We have already seen glimpses of what he can do with a small over rated squad full of players that BR was failing with, it is not as if he has not shown us anything of any note, we have played some cracking football at times.
    He has not been managing in this country all that long and I m confident that once he gets a big enough squad with plenty of quality in it and competition for starting spots, we will start to do well once more.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Dunno where RedHead is these days - So everything Jurgen is here
    Argument with a mod like last time.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    16,227
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Im pretty surprised to see you starting this thread when you think he is not good enough to be our manager.

    I agree that we have not been consistently good so far, but that is mainly down to the players, most of whom are still knocking around from the Brendan Rodgers Era, as I said before, you cannot expect him to click his fingers and have everything change in an instant.

    We have already seen glimpses of what he can do with a small over rated squad full of players that BR was failing with, it is not as if he has not shown us anything of any note, we have played some cracking football at times.
    He has not been managing in this country all that long and I m confident that once he gets a big enough squad with plenty of quality in it and competition for starting spots, we will start to do well once more.
    In fairness he starts most of the threads and other stuff on here.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Hope Klopp is learning from his mistakes......

    He needs to pay attention to what is happening at Arsenal.......
    As Carra says

    As someone else pointed out last night - if thats true, what does it say about LFC, and its constant underachieving....

    Like I said, hope Klopp is paying attention....
    It says it's harder to achieve than fans think if Houllier, Wenger and Benitez couldn't bring a title home in a long time. Arsenal are a completely different club. Carragher was talking nonsense about son in laws. That's the media they only want to discuss nonsense.

    He's right that they're bottlers and have always had a weak centre since Adam, Keown, Camobell, Petit, Vieira and Gilberto Silva left though. That's what frustrates Arsenal fans.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Im pretty surprised to see you starting this thread when you think he is not good enough to be our manager.

    I agree that we have not been consistently good so far, but that is mainly down to the players, most of whom are still knocking around from the Brendan Rodgers Era, as I said before, you cannot expect him to click his fingers and have everything change in an instant.

    We have already seen glimpses of what he can do with a small over rated squad full of players that BR was failing with, it is not as if he has not shown us anything of any note, we have played some cracking football at times.
    He has not been managing in this country all that long and I m confident that once he gets a big enough squad with plenty of quality in it and competition for starting spots, we will start to do well once more.
    Mr Dilks, just because I don't believe, doesn't mean I give up, ask Coach
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    It says it's harder to achieve than fans think if Houllier, Wenger and Benitez couldn't bring a title home in a long time. Arsenal are a completely different club. Carragher was talking nonsense about son in laws. That's the media they only want to discuss nonsense.

    He's right that they're bottlers and have always had a weak centre since Adam, Keown, Camobell, Petit, Vieira and Gilberto Silva left though. That's what frustrates Arsenal fans.
    Is this one of your inventions again.... Carra is on the money, we need more than the Sunday School church choir boys, that look good in photos, but get nothing done....
    I don't invent anything - everything is laid out on the forum...
    Last edited by Mysteron; 11-4-17 at 10:31.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Mr Dilks, just because I don't believe, doesn't mean I give up, ask Coach

    You would not be here if you did mate, like I said before, change might happen with our current regime, but it will take time, I hate the "patience" argument, but we need it here, sadly.

    I dont read his posts either, I hate people that talk down to others.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Is this one of your inventions again.... Carra is on the money, we need more than the Sunday School church choir boys, that look good in photos, but get nothing done....
    I don't invent anything - everything is laid out on the forum...
    Carragher talks a lot of sense but the notion Arsenal are a bit soft isn't groundbreaking. His speech about son in laws is more comedy than football. It appeals to all fans even the dumbest so Sky love it. That's the media in UK today dumbed down.

    Firstly take a look at the difference in responses. Asked why Arsenal played like they did today, Carragher called them cowards and that's designed to create headlines, that's personal, then he talks some absolute nonsense about son in laws, you wouldn't want your daughter bringing one of them home.

    You have to be a fool to think that makes sense. You look at your daughters future husband based on one football match? It's plain idiotic what he said but comedy, bit like Trump. We laugh, it doesn't make sense. Not from a football perspective nor a marriage perspective.

    Now take Ranieri. He's not British so not as emotionally stupid. He says there was no commitment and no fight. Then he seeks to understand why? He talks about the players used to fighting for something. Now they fight for nothing this season. At least he's exploring something rather than comedy Carragher who could have been replaced by John Bishop and would have been as insightful last night.

    Carragher's getting worse now, he's now talking less football and more nonsense and they will be Sky. You are influenced by system you are in.

    Arsenal players may feel at the end of the road. They may feel they've been down this road before. They don't know if their manager or two best players will be there next season. They've always had a soft centre and it showed last night.

    They had two 6ft centre backs against Benteke. They leave space wide and Palace had 3 wingers on the pitch. Palace were strong and ready to fight and Arsenal looked a side that is lost. They don't know their direction or how is even leading them. Unfortunately some of them may feel pity for Wenger because they like him. They may dislike fans protests.

    All psychologically can affect you, if you allow it to. A manager you once revered now you feel sorry for him that power he had at the club would slip quickly if that's the case. So many things worth exploring but some nonsense about your daughter getting married, whilst funny, is just plain stupid.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Carragher talks a lot of sense but the notion Arsenal are a bit soft isn't groundbreaking. His speech about son in laws is more comedy than football. It appeals to all fans even the dumbest so Sky love it. That's the media in UK today dumbed down.

    Firstly take a look at the difference in responses. Asked why Arsenal played like they did today, Carragher called them cowards and that's designed to create headlines, that's personal, then he talks some absolute nonsense about son in laws, you wouldn't want your daughter bringing one of them home.

    You have to be a fool to think that makes sense. You look at your daughters future husband based on one football match? It's plain idiotic what he said but comedy, bit like Trump. We laugh, it doesn't make sense. Not from a football perspective nor a marriage perspective.

    Now take Ranieri. He's not British so not as emotionally stupid. He says there was no commitment and no fight. Then he seeks to understand why? He talks about the players used to fighting for something. Now they fight for nothing this season. At least he's exploring something rather than comedy Carragher who could have been replaced by John Bishop and would have been as insightful last night.

    Carragher's getting worse now, he's now talking less football and more nonsense and they will be Sky. You are influenced by system you are in.

    Arsenal players may feel at the end of the road. They may feel they've been down this road before. They don't know if their manager or two best players will be there next season. They've always had a soft centre and it showed last night.

    They had two 6ft centre backs against Benteke. They leave space wide and Palace had 3 wingers on the pitch. Palace were strong and ready to fight and Arsenal looked a side that is lost. They don't know their direction or how is even leading them. Unfortunately some of them may feel pity for Wenger because they like him. They may dislike fans protests.

    All psychologically can affect you, if you allow it to. A manager you once revered now you feel sorry for him that power he had at the club would slip quickly if that's the case. So many things worth exploring but some nonsense about your daughter getting married, whilst funny, is just plain stupid.
    Hahahaha -
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    You would not be here if you did mate, like I said before, change might happen with our current regime, but it will take time, I hate the "patience" argument, but we need it here, sadly.

    I dont read his posts either, I hate people that talk down to others.
    I've seen you and Ron post your fair share of choice comments to others so lets not get into this. I don't hate you, if you hate me because of my natural posting style which can be a problem for some that's your choice.

    However there's no reason for you to talk about hating people and making things personal. If you wish there is a block button and you never have to mention me or reply to somebody talking about me and that way it works.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Hahahaha -
    I agree it was funny.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I agree it was funny.
    Not your last piece, but your Utopia world that anyone liking Carra is dumb....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Hope Klopp is learning from his mistakes......

    He needs to pay attention to what is happening at Arsenal.......
    As Carra says

    As someone else pointed out last night - if thats true, what does it say about LFC, and its constant underachieving....

    Like I said, hope Klopp is paying attention....
    Encouraging klopp to encourage the players is what we should be doing, at this stage
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Not your last piece, but your Utopia world that anyone liking Carra is dumb....
    I don't think he's dumb. You could say he's smart. He works for Sky and his bosses would have loved that comedy. Fans started out loving the football discussions with Carragher and Neville because people actually talking about football was something new.

    Now the focus is much more on the banter between them. Short clips of Carragher going WOW! Twitter exchanges, giving each other stick. I'm not saying Carragher's dumb. I said what he said in regards to football is dumb.

    His input was to call them cowards, which fans will love but it's assessment at a remedial level. Then he goes on this long winded analogy about Arsenal players being like son in laws, not letting his daughter marry them. That in football terms has just spiralled into nonsense.

    What he's doing is what his bosses want. He's insulting people, he's talking nonsense, he's being funny...............a court jester. That's what is happening now. Sky started off with Carragher and Neville really engaging in some football discussion but that's changing.

    I expected it to change. Carragher and Neville will now automatically carry the legitimacy with fans because they started out on analysis, so now when they talk gibberish and insult fans will say that's so right without really understanding it is emotive nonsense.

    None of this makes Carragher dumb just in football terms son in laws and daughters are dumb things to say.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Encouraging klopp to encourage the players is what we should be doing, at this stage
    If I was in the crowd at the match - I would agree and indeed that is what i used to do......

    But we ain't at the ground, or at a match.....

    So the analysis is....
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    I don't think he's dumb. You could say he's smart. He works for Sky and his bosses would have loved that comedy. Fans started out loving the football discussions with Carragher and Neville because people actually talking about football was something new.

    Now the focus is much more on the banter between them. Short clips of Carragher going WOW! Twitter exchanges, giving each other stick. I'm not saying Carragher's dumb. I said what he said in regards to football is dumb.

    His input was to call them cowards, which fans will love but it's assessment at a remedial level. Then he goes on this long winded analogy about Arsenal players being like son in laws, not letting his daughter marry them. That in football terms has just spiralled into nonsense.

    What he's doing is what his bosses want. He's insulting people, he's talking nonsense, he's being funny...............a court jester. That's what is happening now. Sky started off with Carragher and Neville really engaging in some football discussion but that's changing.

    I expected it to change. Carragher and Neville will now automatically carry the legitimacy with fans because they started out on analysis, so now when they talk gibberish and insult fans will say that's so right without really understanding it is emotive nonsense.

    None of this makes Carragher dumb just in football terms son in laws and daughters are dumb things to say.
    Try reading Coach - I didn't say Carra was dumb, I said that anyone liking him was dumb
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Try reading Coach - I didn't say Carra was dumb, I said that anyone liking him was dumb
    Once again though that's not true. Everybody likes comedy. I'm saying because comedy has universal appeal Carragher focusing on comedy will appeal to all Sky viewers even the ones that don't know much about football.

    Detailed football analysis for those that are casual viewers isn't a smart move for Sky. That's why the discussion tends to be at remedial levels.

    How does that mean everybody who likes Carragher is dumb? I like Carragher. I'm just pointing out his nonsense last night was to appeal to all viewers, casuals included that enjoy comedy. Even those that know nothing about football can chuckle at Carragher calling Arsenal cowards and talking about sons and daughters and not wanting them.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,993
    Carra may as well of got his **** out and started waving it about

    School playground stuff - life & football are not as simple as that
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39,822
    I thought this thread was supposed to be about Mr Klopp its already derailed
    It will soon move onto more transfer talk like every other thread
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    I thought this thread was supposed to be about Mr Klopp its already derailed
    It will soon move onto more transfer talk like every other thread
    It always will spin off. Klopp has come in and improved us and majority of fans support him and happy we've improved. Others they either just want to have a pop at our club or want to win everything and want it now.

    What can we say about Klopp other than great job so far. This squad nowhere near complete and yet top scorers, 3rd in table and that despite losing several key players to injury.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    It always will spin off. Klopp has come in and improved us and majority of fans support him and happy we've improved. Others they either just want to have a pop at our club or want to win everything and want it now.

    What can we say about Klopp other than great job so far. This squad nowhere near complete and yet top scorers, 3rd in table and that despite losing several key players to injury.
    Would be praised even more had he further improved the squad in the past two windows, particularly January's. We will see what happens this summer to answer critics.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Canners View Post
    Would be praised even more had he further improved the squad in the past two windows, particularly January's. We will see what happens this summer to answer critics.
    this
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,933
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Canners View Post
    Would be praised even more had he further improved the squad in the past two windows, particularly January's. We will see what happens this summer to answer critics.
    Does amaze how gullible most of the ITK's on here are - that they fail to see what you two have pointed out - Results matter, excuses don't
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    Shriekback is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    It says it's harder to achieve than fans think if Houllier, Wenger and Benitez couldn't bring a title home in a long time. Arsenal are a completely different club. Carragher was talking nonsense about son in laws. That's the media they only want to discuss nonsense.

    He's right that they're bottlers and have always had a weak centre since Adam, Keown, Camobell, Petit, Vieira and Gilberto Silva left though. That's what frustrates Arsenal fans.
    Its strange why he didn't replicate what worked before, he gone from being successful with a big, strong commanding side right through the spine of the the team to little, weak technical players.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    28,932
    So, is this for discussing Klopp? We can change the title if not, as long as it's a valid football-related topic of course
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,977
    Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    Its strange why he didn't replicate what worked before, he gone from being successful with a big, strong commanding side right through the spine of the the team to little, weak technical players.
    which weak technical players had he signed?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Does amaze how gullible most of the ITK's on here are - that they fail to see what you two have pointed out - Results matter, excuses don't
    well he had a chance in janury to strengthen the squad and make this run in easier on himself and us.

    i wonder where the signing constraints really are.. is it jurgen or is it the owners?

    no money spent in 3 windows suggest the owners are witholding the pursestrings but i honestly dont know...

    its been a collective failure

    but lots of credit due for doing things i wasnt sure he could , dragging us to a top four finish with mne injured and possibly the weakest top four attaining squad in history.. wonder why he likes doing things the hard way?

    its showing he does have tactical acumen at least
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •