Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Our manager - Jurgen Klopp - Part deux...

Shriekback is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    If he doesn't win the league/trophies by 2020, I think he will be forced out.
    I think we will win with him in charge, the players and fans love him.
    He will win the league at some point, once he gets the defense sorted it will be a walk in the park, there is no better manager out there, I hope he retires here.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by *shriekback* View Post
    he will win the league at some point, once he gets the defense sorted it will be a walk in the park, there is no better manager out there, i hope he retires here.
    x10.

Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    He will win the league at some point, once he gets the defense sorted it will be a walk in the park, there is no better manager out there, I hope he retires here.
    Agreed. I'm so glad he's our gaffer.

Could not agree more. This season has been a great improvement even with the amount of absentees we have had.

Coach791 is offline First team regular
    If he doesn't win the league/trophies by 2020, I think he will be forced out.
    I think we will win with him in charge, the players and fans love him.
    It's incredible but true that statement. The best manager we've had in a long time and even though winning a title will be difficult if he doesn't fans would actually try and force the best manager we've had out.

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    It's incredible but true that statement. The best manager we've had in a long time and even though winning a title will be difficult if he doesn't fans would actually try and force the best manager we've had out.
    That may well prove to be true but as it stands he's not, Rafa took us to 2 CL finals winning one so he has a bit to aim for, hopefully he will do it and better.

If he manages to steady the ship in a top four position.
    Then the question is if it will be his fault, or lack of finances that carries the guilt of us not taking the step further

lets see him get the defense sorted out first

working wonders with a squad he my have trimmed too much last summer.....

lets see if he sorts the defense out
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 18-4-17 at 16:52. Reason: fixed the quoting...

He's given all the players a chance to shine. Not many managers are prepared to do that; okay, we've had injuries, but still, he gave youngsters a chance to show their game, plus the seniors on the fringes. Sometimes it didn't work, but I'm glad he did do it, now he knows what he has to buy to strengthen the team.

Coach791 is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    If he manages to steady the ship in a top four position.
    Then the question is if it will be his fault, or lack of finances that carries the guilt of us not taking the step further
    It's possible Klopp could do a brilliant job. Improve us in every way. It is still possible we may not win a title. Chelsea, City have excellent managers and great squads and huge resources. I believe we can win a title but if we don't the idea somebody has to be to blame is pure nonsense to me.

Sometimes you can do your best but an opponent be better. There's no point wasting time looking to blame one person when you can put that energy into improving.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    lets see if he sorts the defense out
    Better chance than you quoting posts properly?

Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Better chance than you quoting posts properly?

sorry, i dunno how i manage to mess it up

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    That may well prove to be true but as it stands he's not, Rafa took us to 2 CL finals winning one so he has a bit to aim for, hopefully he will do it and better.
    Rafa also had a win % greater than Klopp - for that matter, so did Roy Evans, Gerard Houllier, Kenny and Rodgers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Rafa also had a win % greater than Klopp - for that matter, so did Roy Evans, Gerard Houllier, Kenny and Rodgers.....
    Almost the same as Rodgers and Evans (around 50%) they had longer time in the job to make the % rise.

Klopp is a honest good man , I like him and think he could achieve great things with us, but nothing is proven yet , he needs to build a top squad of players .

I just pray we get the players he needs this summer

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Had to look at that twice as I couldn't remember Kenny Rodgers being our manager.

I love Klopp and I am all for giving him time to build us a team, but to exclaim we want him here for the rest of his career is a silly thing to say when he has not won anything for us.

If he does take us to the title, then yea, I might agree, but it is far too early to be talking about him like this in my opinion.

Im sure your opinions would change if he is still here after ten years and won nothing.

If Klopp can sort out the defence and add necessary steel to the midfield then we're on our way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I love Klopp and I am all for giving him time to build us a team, but to exclaim we want him here for the rest of his career is a silly thing to say when he has not won anything for us.

If he does take us to the title, then yea, I might agree, but it is far too early to be talking about him like this in my opinion.

Im sure your opinions would change if he is still here after ten years and won nothing.
    It's not Gollum and Everton we're talking about here.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Had to look at that twice as I couldn't remember Kenny Rodgers being our manager.
    Quality Bob pure quality ha ha ha

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Mr Klopp is quality there is no need to be compering him with any of our ex managers different times equals different situations Mr Kloppwill be judged on his time here nothing to do with any past managers

This might be a bit premature but I think I'd still want him around, he's a brilliant personality for us. Besides, it's not like we've won anything in the last 10 years anyways...

I understand, but I believe once he has created a team he thinks is good enough to genuinely challenge he will give us some success.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPool Stark View Post
    This might be a bit premature but I think I'd still want him around, he's a brilliant personality for us. Besides, it's not like we've won anything in the last 10 years anyways...
    he ll need to win something and he might if he gets the players he wants...

Looks like the board are backing him this summer, judging by his press conference comments -- I sense a buzz around Anfield.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Mr Klopp is quality there is no need to be compering him with any of our ex managers different times equals different situations Mr Kloppwill be judged on his time here nothing to do with any past managers
    Indeed. I hate all this 'x had a better win ratio than y'...who cares? Different teams, different opposition, different situations.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    I think the chances of any manager being here for ten years having won nothing are slim to remote. I'd suggest 5-6 might be feasible if they had a few top 4 finishes, a few finals, maybe even runners-up in the league, but ultimately after that kind of length of time owners if no one else would start questioning the manager's ability to make that final step.

We all loved, well a lot on here anyway, the Rafa days, but after six seasons of some highs and not so many lows were we any closer to winning the league? I think the most more he might have got without winning the league would have been 1-2 more seasons, really couldn't see him getting another four and that was with him landing the Champions League in his first season and plenty of top four finishes with a runners-up placing in the league and a few other trophies of varying prestige.

Of course some will argue you need to give a manager time, but it is usually evident within 3-4 seasons what the limits are. fergie aside what long term managers have taken more than 2-3 seasons to achieve the peak of their success? Wenger certainly didn't take longer, and I can't think of others with 8+ seasons in charge that didn't achieve their best success after that initial 2-3 seasons.

But therein lies the problem with the fergie factor, makes people think that one-off freak occurrence in far more accommodating circumstances and times can be repeated with a not so magic formula involving time, with the safety net of exploiting the uncertainty of "what if" ie anyone who doesn't get 7+ years in charge you can argue would have done a fergie if they'd have been given longer because the only way to prove that time wouldn't have brought success is to give it to someone who'd do nothing with it.

One thing I do trust in is that Klopp will get as much time as he deserves
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    I think the chances of any manager being here for ten years having won nothing are slim to remote. I'd suggest 5-6 might be feasible if they had a few top 4 finishes, a few finals, maybe even runners-up in the league, but ultimately after that kind of length of time owners if no one else would start questioning the manager's ability to make that final step.

We all loved, well a lot on here anyway, the Rafa days, but after six seasons of some highs and not so many lows were we any closer to winning the league? I think the most more he might have got without winning the league would have been 1-2 more seasons, really couldn't see him getting another four and that was with him landing the Champions League in his first season and plenty of top four finishes with a runners-up placing in the league and a few other trophies of varying prestige.

Of course some will argue you need to give a manager time, but it is usually evident within 3-4 seasons what the limits are. fergie aside what long term managers have taken more than 2-3 seasons to achieve the peak of their success? Wenger certainly didn't take longer, and I can't think of others with 8+ seasons in charge that didn't achieve their best success after that initial 2-3 seasons.

But therein lies the problem with the fergie factor, makes people think that one-off freak occurrence in far more accommodating circumstances and times can be repeated with a not so magic formula involving time, with the safety net of exploiting the uncertainty of "what if" ie anyone who doesn't get 7+ years in charge you can argue would have done a fergie if they'd have been given longer because the only way to prove that time wouldn't have brought success is to give it to someone who'd do nothing with it.

One thing I do trust in is that Klopp will get as much time as he deserves
    Ferguson is the exception.

He took over United at a time when he was allowed to space to build. He knew and his bosses knew that they couldn't compete on a level footing with Spurs, Everton, Forest and Arsenal immediately. They had a snow balls chance in hell of competing with Liverpool. In other words he got lucky. They became less competitive and so did Liverpool.

We have to strike when the iron is hot and that's when the competition is struggling. For example Chelsea's system being found out, Arsenal and City going through a period of transition. United and Spurs not going anywhere.

I reckon Klopp will get another two seasons maximum to deliver trophies. If he lands trophies his length of stay will extend. If he delivers the title, he'll have legend status. He also knows thst it's about sustained success and not just a one off.