Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The summer transfer thread - Yay!

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    Chelsea play hard too fred. What injuries have they had?
    do they press press press like us?

maybe chelsea s players are stronger than ours....

the problem is our players reached their physical limits this season... and broke down when they exceeded them....

so you leanr these are the physical limits of this set of players , cpllectively and individually

for example we learned lallana cn run 13kms a game,. but cannot sustain it over a whole season without getting injured... twice he s been out now...

coutinho can go hard for a 3 month period and then succumbs to fatigue and injury

firmino seems to be the strongest of our attackers in terms of stamina

looks at chelsea players, big robust physical players..read the chelsea line up and see which players might be considered weaker physically , maybe pedro of their whole first 11

looks at ours technical smaller

maybe our style of play demands more...

either way this season has pushed our players to their limits and they have broken down at them

mane is the only freakish non fatigue related injury that i see really., he s the only one that looks like he could have played a whole season staying fit and ready but his injury was a nasty ugly one.

most of the others occured because i think our players could not go on performing at the level expected of them for longer and with that in mind one would have to learn from this season about the physical limits of our current players.....nd sign players to fill needs accordingly

i think part of the job of the manager is to have foresight of the season and see the pitfalls , the potential injuries and asses the squad needs....

i dont think klopp did that very well this season. it has been more difficult than it needed to be imo. but all credit to him if he achieves top four... i was certainly concerned that injuries might kill us off at the end...
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 12-4-17 at 16:50.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    I read somewhere 150 + sales.
    yeah , pigs that fly

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    do they press press press like us?

maybe chelsea s players are stronger than ours....

the problem is our players reached their physical limits this season... and broke down when they exceeded them....

so you leanr these are the physical limits of this set of players , cpllectively and individually

for example we learned lallana cn run 13kms a game,. but cannot sustain it over a whole season without getting injured... twice he s been out now...

coutinho can go hard for a 3 month period and then succumbs to fatigue and injury

firmino seems to be the strongest of our attackers in terms of stamina

looks at chelsea players, big robust physical players..read the chelsea line up and see which players might be considered weaker physically , maybe pedro of their whole first 11

looks at ours technical smaller

maybe our style of play demands more...

either way this season has pushed our players to their limits and they have broken down at them
    I take your point about pressing without the ball but I honestly believe we've been incredibly unlucky in the main with injuries this season. I'd be shocked if the same happened next season.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Liverpool are keen to sign Arsenal's 23-year-old midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, whose contract expires next season, and are not put off by the Gunners' 35m valuation. (Daily Telegraph)
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

yeah , pigs that fly
    It's not much nowadays Fred.

Off the top of my head, here's some players I'd like us to be targeting. Listed a couple for each position as alternatives.

GK - Oblak, Handanovic
    CB - Van Dijk, Howedes, Laporte
    LB - Mendy, Hector, Sessegnon
    CM - Krychowiak, Naby Keita, B Silva, Tielemans, Neves, Geis
    CAM - Havertz
    Wingers - Sanchez, Douglas Costa, Mahrez, Brandt, Mbappe, Zaha
    ST - Lacazette, Hernandez

P.s. I know some of these are very ambitious and I don't necessarily think we need a player for each of these positions. We should sign 4-6 players.
    Last edited by LW94; 12-4-17 at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Liverpool are keen to sign Arsenal's 23-year-old midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, whose contract expires next season, and are not put off by the Gunners' 35m valuation. (Daily Telegraph)
    someone's late to the party

I take your point about pressing without the ball but I honestly believe we've been incredibly unlucky in the main with injuries this season. I'd be shocked if the same happened next season.
    i wouldnt be shocked to see lallana sustain injuries after 8-10 weeks running 13kms a game with extra midweek games

i wouldnt be shocked to see coutinho sufer fatigure with such a heavy workload if options arent signed.

i wouldnt be shocked to see our centre backs lovren and matip picking up knocks during the season

i would expect it now

It's a story that won't go away, despite Klopp saying in the winter he wasn't interested in signing him. Maybe this has legs?

I like him, I think Klopp could get more out of him, he suits the way we play and 35 million is not that much nowadays in the general scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    Off the top of my head, here's some players I'd like us to be targeting. Listed a couple for each position as alternatives.

GK - Oblak, Handanovic
    CB - Van Dijk, Howedes, Laporte
    LB - Mendy, Hector, Sessegnon
    CM - Krychowiak, Naby Keita, Tielemans, Neves, Geis
    CAM - Havertz
    LW - Sanchez, Douglas Costa, Brandt, Mbappe, Zaha
    ST - Lacazette, Hernandez

P.s. I know some of these are very ambitious and I don't necessarily think we need a player for each of these positions. We should sign 4-6 players.
    some are the right level of ambition though

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I like him, I think Klopp could get more out of him, he suits the way we play and 35 million is not that much nowadays in the general scheme of things.
    i have to admit i am a fn also

and lallana wont stay fit all next year and i think he d be a decent option in that role for us...

35 m is a bit steep though

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    someone's late to the party
    You on about me again?

Or the Telegraph?

Either way, I knew we were linked with Ox, but this is a new thread so I thought, well, why not, gives us something to talk about...
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

i wouldnt be shocked to see lallana sustain injuries after 8-10 weeks running 13kms a game with extra midweek games

i wouldnt be shocked to see coutinho sufer fatigure with such a heavy workload if options arent signed.

i wouldnt be shocked to see our centre backs lovren and matip picking up knocks during the season

i would expect it now
    Time will tell mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    It's not much nowadays Fred.
    how much did we spend last summer again?

the only times we have spent big under fsg has been post sales of torres suarez and sterling

i know 150m doesnt even buy you much these days.... shocking really the inflation levels the last few years

a decent footballer is 50m these days. thats 3 players who would walk into our first 11...
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 12-4-17 at 16:58.

are you joking? He has 12 months on his contract, injury prone and his goal return has been poor.

You on about me again?

Or the Telegraph?

Either way, I knew we were linked with Ox, but this is a new thread so I thought, well, why not, gives us something to talk about...
    the former! The 35m quote is ridiculous, there's not a chance he'll be going for that. Wouldn't want us to spend more than 15m on him.

Time will tell mate.
    its why i dont think splashing 40 m on van dyk and 30 on say krychowiak would work

we d still have problems , actually even more with more games nd more midweek games... our matchwinners would tire get injured as they have done this season and we d be bare bones up front again...

i d like to see him sign enough that this doesnt happen

that it doesnt come to a situation that in vital league games he doesnt have to field the kids but has matchwinning quality to put out every game...

but i d have no problem with us signing say 3 first 11 players... and two understudy wingers who are good enough to come in and contribute like origi does from the bench......we dont have that really and a solid decent squad option

i dont think we so much need to sign first 11 forwrds but we do need prigi level or better replacements for when they arent vailable... and maybe grujic and woodburn and trent will step up another level... but the last game showed they are not ready
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 12-4-17 at 17:01.

are you joking? He has 12 months on his contract, injury prone and his goal return has been poor.
    He has not been injured for a while and prices will rocket in the summer.

He has not been injured for a while and prices will rocket in the summer.
    yeah because he's only started 12 league games. Last season he missed 19 games.

[QUOTE=MrDilkington;12488535]He has not been injured for a while and prices will rocket in the summer.[/QUOTE

shopping in germany but even their prices have rocketted over the last 2 seasons... polish market, spouth american , why limit ourselves?

i d be looking at the as monco side and thinking there s 2-3 in that team alone that would suit us... big strong atheltic players who would cope with premier league demands.,.

there s a couple at liepzig also

babayoko was a monster when i saw him in europe this season

He has been fit most of the season though, injury isnt why he has not been starting.

great lallana misses about 12, and this fella is fit for 12... position covered... lol

shopping in germany but even their prices have rocketted over the last 2 seasons... polish market, spouth american , why limit ourselves?
    I agree, i just said i like him, I think he would be a good fit.

He has been fit most of the season though, injury isnt why he has not been starting.
    surely that's more worrying?

i like him also... i can see how he would fit in.... and i think he has room to develop and learn. its only this season he s been playing centrally more but there are still questions over his fitness

i dunno if you look at each position in the side and asses what each position requires to fit your overall gameplan , then seeing which players out there have the qualities you need to fit each role....... it must be fun being a manager....

i think a top notch left back would add a load of balnce to our 11.its not that milner has done bad but his natural inclination is not to get to the endline.

and i think we have lacked that all season down our left flank... it would expose stubborn defenses more....

surely that's more worrying?
    Not really, if he missed the games due to injury, that would mean he was injury prone, like you said in the first place.

Having a good injury record is underrated.

Not really, if he missed the games due to injury, that would mean he was injury prone, like you said in the first place.
    yeah but it does mean he is untested playing week in week out....

even if he has remained injury free... he has a much lesser workload than someone playing 30-40 games

if asked to do so he might break down again....

for this reason i would pass on him despite liking his abilties.....unless there was definitive evidence that his injuries are a thing of the past.. we laready have enough injury prone players....

our main cbs plyed together 11 times this season,m hendo lallana coutinho all out for periods