Notices
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 3002

Thread: The summer transfer thread - Yay!

  1. #61  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Not really, if he missed the games due to injury, that would mean he was injury prone, like you said in the first place.
    He's fit but not playing in a poor Arsenal central midfield... that has to be question marks.

    You can't argue with the fact he's injury prone.

    13/14 - 34 games missed
    14/15 - 19 games missed
    15/16 - 19 games missed
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,812
    Anyone can make assumptions.

    They might be above us if they played him more.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,558
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    He's fit but not playing in a poor Arsenal central midfield... that has to be question marks.

    You can't argue with the fact he's injury prone.

    13/14 - 34 games missed
    14/15 - 19 games missed
    15/16 - 19 games missed
    its not conclusive evidence to suggest he can stay fit for a season
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,558
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Anyone can make assumptions.

    They might be above us if they played him more.
    i like the qualities he could bring to us if he could stay fit then i d go for it even at 35 m..... i think he has potential to be a top player if he can stay fit...

    its huge question mark over him really
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    37,475
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    He's fit but not playing in a poor Arsenal central midfield... that has to be question marks.

    You can't argue with the fact he's injury prone.

    13/14 - 34 games missed
    14/15 - 19 games missed
    15/16 - 19 games missed
    Must admit, to pay 35 million for a player to play in a Klopp system would be a risk. Don't how I would feel about that myself. If we comparing our budget and price tags, Mane was close to that value and came with a deadly player attached to his name, Ox to me is not deadly at the moment, not for that price.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,812
    Coutinho has missed a lot of games almost every season, would people say he is injury prone ?
    Would you rather not have him because of it ?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    37,475
    L’Equipe say Liverpool are interested in signing PSG's Mahamadou Dembele this summer
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Must admit, to pay 35 million for a player to play in a Klopp system would be a risk. Don't how I would feel about that myself. If we comparing our budget and price tags, Mane was close to that value and came with a deadly player attached to his name, Ox to me is not deadly at the moment, not for that price.
    I wouldn't want us to pay 35m for him if he had 5 years on his contract, never mind 12 months!

    Mane has consistently scored more than 10 goals a season from wide positions and also has a very good injury record.
    I think I read that Mane has more league goals this season than AOC has over the last 6 seasons.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,558
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Coutinho has missed a lot of games almost every season, would people say he is injury prone ?
    Would you rather not have him because of it ?
    npo but it must be expected considering his injury record tht he wont stay fit for the entire seson either and signings be made to cover it
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,558
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    I wouldn't want us to pay 35m for him if he had 5 years on his contract, never mind 12 months!

    Mane has consistently scored more than 10 goals a season from wide positions and also has a very good injury record.
    I think I read that Mane has more league goals this season than AOC has over the last 6 seasons.
    i dont think he d be signed to play wide..
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,558
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    L’Equipe say Liverpool are interested in signing PSG's Mahamadou Dembele this summer
    who is he then? what position does he play?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Coutinho has missed a lot of games almost every season, would people say he is injury prone ?
    Would you rather not have him because of it ?
    Coutinho is a good enough player to have around despite him picking up injuries every season. Is AOC anywhere near Coutinho's level?
    Also Coutinho has been injured significantly less than AOC over the past 3/4 seasons.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    i dont think he d be signed to play wide..
    Me neither. But that's where he's been used majority of his time at arsenal though.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    39,558
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    Me neither. But that's where he's been used majority of his time at arsenal though.
    dont think we ll sign him to be totally honest. i think better value can be had elsewhere
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    966
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    Off the top of my head, here's some players I'd like us to be targeting. Listed a couple for each position as alternatives.

    GK - Oblak, Handanovic
    CB - Van Dijk, Howedes, Laporte
    LB - Mendy, Hector, Sessegnon
    CM - Krychowiak, Naby Keita, Tielemans, Neves, Geis
    CAM - Havertz
    Wingers - Sanchez, Douglas Costa, Mahrez, Brandt, Mbappe, Zaha
    ST - Lacazette, Hernandez

    P.s. I know some of these are very ambitious and I don't necessarily think we need a player for each of these positions. We should sign 4-6 players.
    I would love Laporte at CB , Sessegnon and Hector at LB , any 2 from Keita , Tielemans , Neves or Geis for CM & DM positions , Mahrez and Brandt as wingers .

    Mane could then be released as a striker alongside Firmino
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    15,772
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    surely that's more worrying?
    I would not be that keen on him either especially at 35m.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #77  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,812
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    Coutinho is a good enough player to have around despite him picking up injuries every season. Is AOC anywhere near Coutinho's level?
    Also Coutinho has been injured significantly less than AOC over the past 3/4 seasons.
    Phil is better quality no doubt, but the other part depends exactly what you mean by significant, there has not been that much difference over the last two seasons.

    Either way, even if we did pay 35 for him, it would be better than a lot of our transfers in my opinion.

    I would rather we go all out for players Klopp wants, than give up because they cost too much, for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    dont think we ll sign him to be totally honest. i think better value can be had elsewhere
    Same here.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #78  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    dont think we ll sign him to be totally honest. i think better value can be had elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Phil is better quality no doubt, but the other part depends exactly what you mean by significant, there has not been that much difference over the last two seasons.

    Either way, even if we did pay 35 for him, it would be better than a lot of our transfers in my opinion.

    I would rather we go all out for players Klopp wants, than give up because they cost too much, for sure.
    we won't be paying £35m for him that's for sure.

    The headline of the Telegraph article is deceiving and is pure clickbait.. if you read the article it says the following:

    "their £35 million plus valuation of Oxlade-Chamberlain seems optimistic. Liverpool would be confident of driving that price down"
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #79  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    37,475
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    who is he then? what position does he play?
    18 year old CB from PSG academy.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #80  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,812
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    we won't be paying £35m for him that's for sure.

    The headline of the Telegraph article is deceiving and is pure clickbait.. if you read the article it says the following:

    "their £35 million plus valuation of Oxlade-Chamberlain seems optimistic. Liverpool would be confident of driving that price down"
    With only a year left it seems very unlikely.

    I cant read crap like that !
    The media is the pits, just like the agents that use it.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #81  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,488
    Yeah can see lots of list appearing here

    The fantasy list
    The possibles and acceptable
    The underwhelming
    The future potentially
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #82  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Yeah can see lots of list appearing here

    The fantasy list
    The possibles and acceptable
    The underwhelming
    The future potentially
    it is a summer transfer thread... don't look at it if you don't want to see lists
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #83  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,893
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Liverpool are keen to sign Arsenal's 23-year-old midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, whose contract expires next season, and are not put off by the Gunners' £35m valuation. (Daily Telegraph)
    We already saw that Liverpool don't mind overpaying for mediocracy, but there is no way we're seriously going to do this deal. Especially with his injury record and contract situationof only 12 months left.
    I feel this is just a sad story leaked by Arsenal to raise the value of their deadwood. Mindy you, he isn't a bad player, but we could do better elsewhere for the touted price.

    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    who is he then? what position does he play?
    I lost track with so many Dembele's out there too ...
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #84  
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8,588
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    it is a summer transfer thread... don't look at it if you don't want to see lists
    Thought he was a massive fan of lists, what with his infamous deadwood list and his 'data ladders'.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #85  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,488
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    it is a summer transfer thread... don't look at it if you don't want to see lists
    I am easy with it......

    For instance
    The Premier League Listing
    Sunderland - Pickford, Keeper
    Middlesbrough - Gibson, Centre Back
    Hull - Robertson, Left Back - Maguire, Centre Back
    Bournemouth - King, Striker
    Burnley - Keane, Centre Back
    Leicester - Ndidi, Centre Midfield, Gray, Offensive Midfielder Left
    Watford - Niang, Centre Midfield Left
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #86  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    I am easy with it......

    For instance
    The Premier League Listing
    Sunderland - Pickford, Keeper
    Middlesbrough - Gibson, Centre Back
    Hull - Robertson, Left Back - Maguire, Centre Back
    Bournemouth - King, Striker
    Burnley - Keane, Centre Back
    Leicester - Ndidi, Centre Midfield, Gray, Offensive Midfielder Left
    Watford - Niang, Centre Midfield Left
    that's a horrendous list. Bin it I reckon.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #87  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,087
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Thought he was a massive fan of lists, what with his infamous deadwood list and his 'data ladders'.
    only when it suits him
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #88  
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    20,812
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteron View Post
    i know seamus - you have a picture in mind, or a puzzle on the table and half the pieces are missing, through poor planning and preparation

    no one in the management team can name..................
    1. What the formation is
    2. What our identity is
    3. What the aim of the club is
    4. What the job description and key performance indicators are for a goalkeeper in this formation
    5. Have a data ladder, showing and evaluating all keepers
    6. Repeat 4 and 5 for right backs
    7. Repeat 4 and 5 for left backs
    8. Repeat 4 and 5 for centre backs
    9. Repeat 4 and 5 for central midfield defensive
    10. Repeat 4 and 5 for central midfield right
    11. Repeat 4 and 5 for central midfield left
    12. Repeat 4 and 5 for central striker
    13. Repeat 4 and 5 for offensive midfielder right
    14. Repeat 4 and 5 for offensive midfielder left

    everything is so haphazard - no wonder its taken 7 years to get this far.....
    That is a big list !
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #89  
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    24,871
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    are you joking? He has 12 months on his contract, injury prone and his goal return has been poor.
    He's a very good player when fit, but you are spot on about him being injury prone and if we spent £35m on him that would be complete madness.
    Personally I'd like to think we could spend £35m a lot better.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #90  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26,488
    Quote Originally Posted by LW94 View Post
    that's a horrendous list. Bin it I reckon.
    Oh dear if you don't like the short version - you are gonna hate the the complete
    Chilwell - Zaha - Ox Chamberlain - Mawson - Cresswell - Walcott -
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •