Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 391 to 407 of 407

Thread: The summer transfer thread - Yay!

  1. #391  
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,341
    I saw Puel bigging up Oriol Romeu as potentially being as good as Kanté. It's almost like he's trying to increase his transfer value or something
    To be fair, Romeu has been underrated this season but he can still improve if he's to be a high quality DM. I'd rather have a summer off buying Southampton's players because we've bought so many. We do need a defensive midfielder though for sure, I would sign Keita or Kondogbia though.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #392  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20,521
    It's the same list as last year, but without the keeper.

    CB, DM/CM, winger/wide forward, striker, LB.

    Rinse, repeat, or buy the ******* players.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #393  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,168
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    It's the same list as last year, but without the keeper.

    CB, DM/CM, winger/wide forward, striker, LB.

    Rinse, repeat, or buy the ******* players.
    and RB if TAA would stay with U23
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #394  
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    It's the same list as last year, but without the keeper.

    CB, DM/CM, winger/wide forward, striker, LB.

    Rinse, repeat, or buy the ******* players.
    I'm really surprised everyone thinks we don't need an upgrade on goalkeepers!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #395  
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    I'm really surprised everyone thinks we don't need an upgrade on goalkeepers!
    I trust Klopp's strategy on the goalkeeper situation by giving Migs, Karius and Ward equal opportunities this coming pre season to stake their claim. Ward's had a good loan spell at Huddersfield (and Aberdeen the previous season), Karius has found first season difficult but looked decent in the EFL semis (so I think he'll improve). Manninger will surely retire or be released this summer. Would be tempted to sell Mignolet if we got a decent offer, he's had 4 seasons as first choice and been inconsistent (goes for the whole defence really). You never know if you're getting spectacular shot stopping/penalty saving or flapping at crosses/conceding soft, scrappy goals.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #396  
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    17,898
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    I'm really surprised everyone thinks we don't need an upgrade on goalkeepers!
    I'm sure a lot do. But Klopp said recently he was happy with our options. So I guess that's why people aren't listing them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #397  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24,540
    Quote Originally Posted by L4Sensation View Post
    I trust Klopp's strategy on the goalkeeper situation by giving Migs, Karius and Ward equal opportunities this coming pre season to stake their claim. Ward's had a good loan spell at Huddersfield (and Aberdeen the previous season), Karius has found first season difficult but looked decent in the EFL semis (so I think he'll improve). Manninger will surely retire or be released this summer. Would be tempted to sell Mignolet if we got a decent offer, he's had 4 seasons as first choice and been inconsistent (goes for the whole defence really). You never know if you're getting spectacular shot stopping/penalty saving or flapping at crosses/conceding soft, scrappy goals.
    I don't - Mignolet can't distribute, more concerned about suicidal moves around his own area than getting the ball forward...
    There is a time to counter attack
    a time to play possession football
    a time to waste time

    Unfortunately Mignolet gets most of it wrong.....
    Oh he is not the only culprit though.....

    Yeah it helps if he can find his own teammates and not hand possession straight back to the opposition.....
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #398  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    I don't - Mignolet can't distribute, more concerned about suicidal moves around his own area than getting the ball forward...
    There is a time to counter attack
    a time to play possession football
    a time to waste time

    Unfortunately Mignolet gets most of it wrong.....
    Oh he is not the only culprit though.....

    Yeah it helps if he can find his own teammates and not hand possession straight back to the opposition.....
    Yes, give it to his team mates and let them hand it straight back to the opposition.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #399  
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    24,540
    Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Yes, give it to his team mates and let them hand it straight back to the opposition.
    hehehe - yeah that is a problem - something that we should try to avoid
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #400  
    lfcstlouis is online now Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    20,521
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    I'm really surprised everyone thinks we don't need an upgrade on goalkeepers!
    Karius will sort us out next season, no worries.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #401  
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    I don't - Mignolet can't distribute, more concerned about suicidal moves around his own area than getting the ball forward...
    There is a time to counter attack
    a time to play possession football
    a time to waste time

    Unfortunately Mignolet gets most of it wrong.....
    Oh he is not the only culprit though.....

    Yeah it helps if he can find his own teammates and not hand possession straight back to the opposition.....
    That's why I'm saying if any of our 3 first team keepers (Mignolet, Karius, Ward) were to leave then it should be Mignolet. He's had 4 seasons and is still wildly inconsistent (reminds me of Dudek). Karius got overcriticised by pundits and the media after a couple of error-prone performances, I doubt they were aware of his pedigree in Germany. If we were to go for a keeper, I wouldn't want Hart or Mandanda, I'd go for Pickford or Jiminez. But I think with Karius and Ward, we should be fine next season (with a better defence, and a tougher defensive midfielder). We have Grabara, George and Kelleher who are highly rated as well.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #402  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    228
    According to the Liverpool Echo, Liverpool are set to break the bank to sign Virgil Van Dijk.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #403  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by irishdanny View Post
    We have no spine, a spine is what we need, a top of the range, budget busting spine, then you can hang all your 'potential' off the sides of it, not rocket science
    That's not how to build a team. That's football manager. We need to find what we lack, what causes us to suffer. And that is what needs to be addressed.

    We miss Henderson when he isn't available. We need another player with his energy in the middle of the park with a similar range of passing and mostly playing it simple but effective. Someone who can keep the ball moving and make the team tick. We just don't have a good rhythm without Hendo, and we miss his situational awareness and positional sense, and just his sense of caring about the outcome.

    We need a left back who has Moreno's pace but also with the game sense that Moreno lacks. Failing that, I would take a player like Clyne there if we could find him. I would much rather have Joe Gomez there if we can get through the summer.

    We need backup / competition for Mane, and we need a straight replacement for Sturridge. I like Sturridge, but I think the world and his dog knows that his injuries mean you can't rely on him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #404  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    According to the Liverpool Echo, Liverpool are set to break the bank to sign Virgil Van Dijk.
    i hope thats true
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #405  
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by L4Sensation View Post
    I saw Puel bigging up Oriol Romeu as potentially being as good as Kanté. It's almost like he's trying to increase his transfer value or something
    To be fair, Romeu has been underrated this season but he can still improve if he's to be a high quality DM. I'd rather have a summer off buying Southampton's players because we've bought so many. We do need a defensive midfielder though for sure, I would sign Keita or Kondogbia though.
    i saw few games and was impresed with romeu.proven premier league player who i think wouldnt cost us much
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #406  
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    109
    well looks like Douglas costa doesn't want to move elsewhere this summer
    bad news... could be a great addition to us
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #407  
    fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    36,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    According to the Liverpool Echo, Liverpool are set to break the bank to sign Virgil Van Dijk.
    flying pigs...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •