Notices
Closed Thread
Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 3002

Thread: The summer transfer thread - Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernRob View Post
    Plan A isn't always available though, not a lot you can do about that. When United were at their peak Gazza was plan A, they didn't get him so moved on. Then Shearer was plan A, they didn't get him so moved on

We all remember the one time that our plan A was relentlessly pursued regardless of cost - and Andy Carroll was ours
    When you are winning titles etc you can afford to be choosey , but to get to that stage you need to go for the best .........the decision to bring in Carroll or Benteke was either bad judgement by the Managers wanting them , or them being " well we couldnt get you the best so here is plan B or C
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    We are linked to so many players hard to remember what Plan A is. For that matter it's hard to actually know what any Plan is, so far haggling over Salah as if he were god's gift to the game and Anfield. Question is are we going to sign anyone of note or importance rated higher than Salah?
    How do you measure that?

Salah was one of the best players in a team that finished second in one of Europe's top 4 leagues, and not a flash in the pan like Leicester or Leipzig but a consistently performing good team in which he's had 2 excellent seasons - do you think we're bringing in the best players from Juve/Bayern/Real?

MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    How do you measure that?

Salah was one of the best players in a team that finished second in one of Europe's top 4 leagues, and not a flash in the pan like Leicester or Leipzig but a consistently performing good team in which he's had 2 excellent seasons - do you think we're bringing in the best players from Juve/Bayern/Real?
    I wonder if the 'Chelsea reject' tag skews things a bit? I'd say Salah is a calibre of signing that we'd struggle with but for CL football. In that sense he's most definitely a 'big' player all be it perhaps not with the hysteria of a Mbappe or whoever that's been given a kind of super star accreditation out of the ether.

I think the player that was probably going to be the most difficult was VVD simply because most if not all the big prem clubs seemed interested, and that's the one that might have ended up costing the most - in theory at least.

Salah was a player that, when we were first linked, I wasn't jumping up and down about. In many ways it was a bit like Mane for me in that respect.

But when you look at the numbers and you think about the type of player we missed most last season, you can't help feel that he would be a terrific signing; another Klopp purchase that would make an immediate impact and improve the way we play as an overall attacking unit.

The more reports I read the more I am desperate for this signing now to happen. I think he would be fantastic.

MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool8 View Post
    Salah was a player that, when we were first linked, I wasn't jumping up and down about. In many ways it was a bit like Mane for me in that respect.

But when you look at the numbers and you think about the type of player we missed most last season, you can't help feel that he would be a terrific signing; another Klopp purchase that would make an immediate impact and improve the way we play as an overall attacking unit.

The more reports I read the more I am desperate for this signing now to happen. I think he would be fantastic.
    Very much so - as soon as Mane wasn't in the team that burst of pace and direct running made us significantly less dangerous.

If Phil is to be moved slightly deeper into an 8 role then having runners like that will make his eyes light up. You could tell he loved playing with Danny when he was a speed merchant and with two options it gives more opportunity

Also, Salah is RAPID, quicker than Mane for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool8 View Post

Our front 3-4
    Sadio, Salah, Sturridge, and Solanke.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewy3958 View Post
    When you are winning titles etc you can afford to be choosey , but to get to that stage you need to go for the best .........the decision to bring in Carroll or Benteke was either bad judgement by the Managers wanting them , or them being " well we couldnt get you the best so here is plan B or C
    Those players should not have been on the managers list in the first place. Does not matter if they were A, B or C option.

Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    Our front 3-4
    Sadio, Salah, Sturridge, and Solanke.
    If only we still had Suarez, Sterling and Suso.

I am wondering is it a good idea to try for Celtic's Dembele-it looks like no big team has made official bid (until now)
    He look like good №9 option(if we are to sell Ings and Sturridge).

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDim View Post
    Those players should not have been on the managers list in the first place. Does not matter if they were A, B or C option.
    I agree

davevietnam is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by livermaina View Post
    I am wondering is it a good idea to try for Celtic's Dembele-it looks like no big team has made official bid (until now)
    Whats the situation with Ings, is he fully recovered now.

LFC should aspire for better. If we cannot go for better, we should be content with what we have and go for quality next window after giving Firmino, Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Solanke a chance in that position. IMO, if Klopp and FSG are decisive, they should sell Sturridge and replace him with a top quality striker (from among Auba, Lacazette and/or Balotti), find a loan home for Ings before deciding whether he has a future at LFC or not.

MaxB is online now nimble, MaxB quick
    Would welcome the signing of Salah with open arms.

Ox not so much.... Not sure if he is fixated with this 'I want to play central' stuff but he is absolutely pants everywhere on the pitch apart from the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGirum View Post
    LFC should aspire for better. If we cannot go for better, we should be content with what we have and go for quality next window after giving Firmino, Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Solanke a chance in that position. IMO, if Klopp and FSG are decisive, they should sell Sturridge and replace him with a top quality striker (from among Auba, Lacazette and/or Balotti), find a loan home for Ings before deciding whether he has a future at LFC or not.
    Well the guy is a talent(and already established striker).I know Scotland is no measure ,but surrounded by quality players he will be even better.He is already better than Origi and Ings and Sturridge (considering game time).
    We don't seems to be getting Auba ,Lacazette Balotti-not sure,so this will be step in good direction until he is kind of gettable.Unfortunately (as much as I like him )Ings is highly unlikely to recover after such an injury at this age .
    I am working in sports medicine sector and unfortunately 80-90 % of this cases doesn't end up good for the player.Danny is the exeption ,but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by redfoot View Post
    CR is worth more than JH, so it's kind of an embarrassing for JH.
    Hah!! Ronaldo is a tramp compared to Henry, CR will never catch up to JH

Well the guy is a talent(and already established striker).I know Scotland is no measure ,but surrounded by quality players he will be even better.He is already better than Origi and Ings and Sturridge (considering game time).
    We don't seems to be getting Auba ,Lacazette Balotti-not sure,so this will be step in good direction until he is kind of gettable.Unfortunately (as much as I like him )Ings is highly unlikely to recover after such an injury at this age .
    I am working in sports medicine sector and unfortunately 80-90 % of this cases doesn't end up good for the player.Danny is the exeption ,but doubt it.
    I also wish Danny Ings the very best as he never got a crack at his LFC career. I feel Auba and Lacazette demand early decision making. Belotti and Timo Werner should be attainable late in the window (especially, if United go for Moratta as a priority). In the mean time, we need to sort out Sturridge's situation. If he's going, we need quality replacement. For me Dembele isn't too dissimilar to Origi and I feel we need a different sort of player.

... For me Dembele isn't too dissimilar to Origi and I feel we need a different sort of player.
    Yeah,right...

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    We've had a 36.7m bid for Koulibaly rejected. Reports say.

White Star Line is online now Academy prospect
    Apparently Ronaldo's buy out clause is 880M

Come on FSG, show some ambition!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    I swear I've read that Chelsea had a 50million bid for him also rejected? Then we go and offer 36.7? Lmfao its comedy gold.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post
    I swear I've read that Chelsea had a 50million bid for him also rejected? Then we go and offer 36.7? Lmfao its comedy gold.
    Do you believe we went in with that?
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    I don't know what to believe to be honest

Chelsea had a bid of 53 million rejected for Kalidou Koulibaly and we just came in yesterday with a bid of 36 million that must be a tempting offer. Where do the papers get these stories from.

lfcstlouis is offline Caution advised, may not be actual saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldiogs View Post
    Read that too. Give him the VvD money and be done with it.

Then grab a starting LB.

and another CM, and I'd be happy with that window.

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    A headless chicken with no end product will prolly cost us at least 20 to 30 million good idea
    Stop making up numbers. You don't know what he might cost. What you call "headless chicken with no end product" is pretty much the result of having to play in a crap team with a very defensive approach. How would Mane look like if he played for Middlesbrough? But I guess Traore has to move to Southampton first.

BTW: "no end product" was the label they used to put on Salah.

Quote Originally Posted by lfcstlouis View Post
    Read that too. Give him the VvD money and be done with it.

Then grab a starting LB.

and another CM, and I'd be happy with that window.
    agreed..mind you , if we can maybe sneak in a pacey striker..good to go :

talk of celtic dembele going to everton..we should hijack that deal asap if its true - shouldnt be too difficult..

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDim View Post
    Stop making up numbers. You don't know what he might cost. What you call "headless chicken with no end product" is pretty much the result of having to play in a crap team with a very defensive approach. How would Mane look like if he played for Middlesbrough? But I guess Traore has to move to Southampton first.

BTW: "no end product" was the label they used to put on Salah.
    Probably pretty good tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Probably pretty good tbh.
    You have probably no idea tbh. When nobody is helping you out in certain situation you look lost very quickly. And all the internet "experts" will say you have no "end product". Football is a team sport you know. Remember when everybody was doubting the worth of Mane last transfer window. Oh he looks so inconsistent they said. Oh he likes to disappear in important games they said.

raybarnes is online now Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Whats the situation with Ings, is he fully recovered now.
    He so