Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The summer transfer thread - Yay!

1. #1 Cool The summer transfer thread - Yay! 
    So according to the Fenway Herald (The Echo) we could see 200m splashed out in the summer window.

Personally I can't see it happening. I do expect to see at least a few added and a few to leave.

I only hope we can get the quality needed to make the team stronger.

CL football will be a bonus of course.

Thoughts on who we might go after lads?

YNWA
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...inked-12882285

I think he'd add something but for 35m?? Can't see it.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    no clue... no one expected us to sign wijnaldum....

brandt i d like in the club this summer...

doubt there will be 200m spent

more likely 2-3 first 11 players, 2-3 squad players much like last summer.

+Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    They should really be thinking about the defence in the summer, Van Dijk should be main priority, £40 million? Go back in for Jonas Hector as well.

I think we need a better right back also.

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    no clue... no one expected us to sign wijnaldum....

brandt i d like in the club this summer...

doubt there will be 200m spent

more likely 2-3 first 11 players, 2-3 squad players much like last summer.
    That's exactly what I'd like to see happen.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    That's exactly what I'd like to see happen.
    i d like to see 4 first 11 players and 2 potential like brandt and tielemans

note the quality level of the potentials...

but it wont happen . it ll be the same as last summer

we have no competition for places in our squd. literally none...

when all are fit the first 11 picks itself . i d like more competition

Quote Originally Posted by *Shriekback* View Post
    They should really be thinking about the defence in the summer, Van Dijk should be main priority, £40 million? Go back in for Jonas Hector as well.

I think we need a better right back also.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd be over the moon if we got him over the summer.

We won't be conceding the bones of 50 leagues for the 5th season on the trot with that guy playing at the back. Relatively young too, so we could get 6 or 7 seasons out of him.

i d like to see 4 first 11 players and 2 potential like brandt and tielemans

note the quality level of the potentials...

but it wont happen . it ll be the same as last summer

we have no competition for places in our squd. literally none...

when all are fit the first 11 picks itself . i d like more competition
    **** potential! We've enough. Every penny spent should be spent strengthening our 11.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd be over the moon if we got him over the summer.

We won't be conceding the bones of 50 leagues for the 5th season on the trot with that guy playing at the back. Relatively young too, so we could get 6 or 7 seasons out of him.
    1 cant see klopp spending 40 plus million on a centre back

2 he ll have better suitors than us

**** potential! We've enough. Every penny spent should be spent strengthening our 11.
    brandt and tielemans are exceptional potential that are good enough for our first 11 without a huge drop in standards right now and will only get better

it wont be though

it wasnt last summer...

we signed mane wij matip karius grujic ragnar

not all were first 11 signings

cant see us just signing first 11 players this time round eiother..

only hope is its 4 -5 first 11 stndard and a couple of squddies rather than 2-3 first 11 standard

brandt and tielemans are exceptional potential that are good enough for our first 11 as back ups right now.
    Imo, we've been down this potential route. We need to get players who fit straight in. They're either good enough now or forget it as far as I'm concerned.

Imo, we've been down this potential route. We need to get players who fit straight in. They're either good enough now or forget it as far as I'm concerned.
    my opinion too... i d rather klopp sign 6 first 11 standard players ready now this summer...

but it wont happen, we will sign 2-3 first 11, 1-2 squad , 1-2 potential

with six more players roughly on the level of our current starting 11 in key areas of weakness i think we d have enough to go for the title next season

my opinion too... i d rather klopp sign 6 first 11 standard players ready now this summer...

but it wont happen, we will sign 2-3 first 11, 1-2 squad , 1-2 potential

with six more players roughly on the level of our current starting 11 in key areas of weakness i think we d have enough to go for the title next season
    I prefer the build bit by bit approach. Even if we added two players per season into the starting eleven. Use our budget by all means but on fewer players ie. better quality.

I prefer the build bit by bit approach. Even if we added two players per season into the starting eleven. Use our budget by all means but on fewer players ie. better quality.
    realistically i d like 4 and 2...

4 ready right now to step into the team nd strengthen it and 2 like brandt as understudy to coutinho and to fill in

but we wont get that either

interesting to see who he goes for this summer....

the defense, does he sign a genuine dm , more quality out wide , a proper left back?

problem is the squad is now so thin that 2 quality players wouldnt be enough to sustain a season of domestic and european football and improve again in the league

realistically i d like 4 and 2...

4 ready right now to step into the team nd strengthen it and 2 like brandt as understudy to coutinho and to fill in

but we wont get that either

interesting to see who he goes for this summer....

the defense, does he sign a genuine dm , more quality out wide , a proper left back?
    If it were me I'd go CB and DM this summer. If I can't get a DM then maybe a proven LB. Address other areas the season after.

If it were me I'd go CB and DM this summer. If I can't get a DM then maybe a proven LB. Address other areas the season after.
    those would be my first three signing also.

then 2 matchwinners in attack and a goalscoring no 8

we wont sign just two top quality players though , not considering the extra workload of european football

i expect six to arrive considering moreno sturridge lucas etc are likely to leave

those would be my first three signing also.

then 2 matchwinners in attack and a goalscoring no 8

we wont sign just two top quality players though , not considering the extra workload of european football

i expect six to arrive considering moreno sturridge lucas etc are likely to leave
    We been very unlucky this season with injuries, for the life of me I can't see it being nearly as bad next season. We've got the numbers for Europe, just not the quality to complete on more than one front. Two key additions would invigorate the team and strengthen the bench by their arrival imo.

Scoring goals hasn't been a problem for us, it's the defending goals that have caused us all of our problems (injuries aside).

We been very unlucky this season with injuries, for the life of me I can't see it being nearly as bad next season. We've got the numbers for Europe, just not the quality to complete on more than one front. Two key additions would invigorate the team and strengthen the bench by their arrival imo.

Scoring goals hasn't been a problem for us, it's the defending goals that have caused us all of our problems (injuries aside).
    i dont agree i think at least 4 first 11 arrivals are needed and 2 quality squad options

i dont see it we re bare bones as is... 2 more players would add strength yes but if we had similar injuries again in attacking areas we re back to bare bones again...

but i do agree the defense needs major surgery....and i think it stems from the goalkeeper... which is a strange position. i assume klopp signed karius to be our no 1 but he didnt come in ready....

i d love an aerially dominant keeper . we ve never had one as far back as i can remember. i did see little signs that karius might be capable in his last two games in either cup though

add him and a dominant cb and left back and a quality dm and we conceed a lot less than we have been doing

regarding injuries.. i see no reason why it wouldnt be as bad next season... i see no reason to expect it to be any less... ings and sturridge aside all our injuries have been between2-8 week layoffs.... and thoise should be expected by any boss of any club and players signed in accordance with needs
    Last edited by fredthecamel; 12-4-17 at 16:36.

i dont agree i think at least 4 first 11 arrivals are needed and 2 quality squad options

i dont see it we re bare bones as is... 2 more players would add strength yes but if we had similar injuries again in attacking areas we re back to bare bones again...
    I don't think for one second we will have injuries as bad as we've seen this season. For me, this season has been freakish.

we need experience and quality first (of course we can add some youngsters like sesegnon,we missed out dembele,gabriel jesus,pulišič,...)

so when we sell moreno,lucas,sturidge,sakho and lovren,we get 50-60m.
    if we add 100m (which is more realistic than 200m),we have app.150m to spend.

so we must dream big (and also write to santa claus) and then my wish list would include: handanovič,van dyke (or bonnuci),ricardo rodriguez,matuidi(or veratti),m.dembele(or isco) and aubumeyang.

if we are more realistic,we could get: van dyke, mendy, naby keita,brandt,icardi

So according to the Fenway Herald (The Echo) we could see 200m splashed out in the summer window.

Personally I can't see it happening. I do expect to see at least a few added and a few to leave.

I only hope we can get the quality needed to make the team stronger.

CL football will be a bonus of course.

Thoughts on who we might go after lads?

YNWA
    The trouble with 200m is everyone knows we have 200m and the the natural inflation of prices keeps climbing
    200m this week was like 10m 10 years ago

I don't think for one second we will have injuries as bad as we've seen this season. For me, this season has been freakish.
    i dont think it has really

we had coutinho out for 6 weeks. now mane for 8 , lallana for about 4,. hendo for a whole,. our centre backs seem to always be picking up little knocks...

ings and sturridge were the big ones but not wholly unexpected at least in sturridges case

you could argue grujic and gomez but they havent featured even when fit

i dont think its freakish at all just what a season of hard aggresive football takes out of our players.... and having seen that those are the phsyical limits of the players we have then we need to sign players to cope with their lossses better next season than we have done this season...

that would bring improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    The trouble with 200m is everyone knows we have 200m and the the natural inflation of prices keeps climbing
    do we have 200m?

i dont think it has really

we had coutinho out for 6 weeks. now mane for 8 , lallana for about 4,. hendo for a whole,. our centre backs seem to always be picking up little knocks...

ings and sturridge were the big ones but not wholly unexpected at least in sturridges case

you could argue grujic and gomez but they havent featured even when fit

i dont think its freakish at all just what a season of hard aggresive football takes out of our players.... and having seen that those are the phsyical limits of the players we have then we need to sign players to cope with their lossses better next season than we have done this season...

that would bring improvement.
    Chelsea play hard too fred. What injuries have they had?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    They say we will have 200m, I wonder what Maureen or Pep will have to spend? 300m?

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    When I saw the headline of the thread I thought Fred will love this

Mouldiogs is online now Wants a little line under his title
    do we have 200m?
    I read somewhere 150 + sales.