Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 110

Thread: Kelvin MacKenzie/Ross Barkley

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by ghyllred View Post
    Agree totally.
    Why is it necessary to have columnists who provoke debate by being nasty. Does this provoke debate or hate crimes is the question id ask.
    Why is this man (McKenzie) not locked up for provoking hatred and for being racist to boot. The Sun's defence is just not credible.

    The Sun should be taken off the newspaper racks. Anyone wishing to buy should have to take it from under wraps from the top shelf.
    Being a **** isn't a crime. It's up to the public to discourage the behavior instead of helping it flourish by continually pouring money into these people's pockets.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    51,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    Being a **** isn't a crime. It's up to the public to discourage the behavior instead of helping it flourish by continually pouring money into these people's pockets.
    Nah, it's up to the papers to put integrity first and foremost. It's their responsibility for their content.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    18,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    You say that as if us hating him and telling the truth about him justifies the lies he tells and gets away with. Pity you think like that.
    No I said it for a laugh.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Snippes is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    38,754
    Quote Originally Posted by danm77 View Post
    That doesn't mean much.

    Firing his ass would be the real taking a stand.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    58,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    Being a **** isn't a crime. It's up to the public to discourage the behavior instead of helping it flourish by continually pouring money into these people's pockets.
    The purpose of a paper is to inform, no to lie and invent stuff, these tabloids have a proven record of this, surely they should lose their licence.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortigen View Post
    Being a **** isn't a crime. It's up to the public to discourage the behavior instead of helping it flourish by continually pouring money into these people's pockets.
    True but expressing those views (as more and more are doing in public) is.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    I had no idea that Ross Barkley's grandfather was Nigerian - and I don't think MacKenzie did either.

    The fact that this could land him in big trouble makes it all the more sweeter for me. Lock him up!!!
    The FA can't punish him as that fact didn't matter in Luis-Evra saga.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    The purpose of a paper is to inform, no to lie and invent stuff, these tabloids have a proven record of this, surely they should lose their licence.
    I think the majority of papers lie or at least select the facts that they publish which annoys me. I'm quite capable of making my own mind up about things when presented with all the facts; I don't need to be presented with half the facts to support a particular opinion/political viewpoint or to try to sensationalise news
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    The funny thing about this is that people defend the existence of garbage like this in the name of "freedom of speech". They should all be banned with inmediate effect.
    It's like when people hide behind freedom of speech when spouting vile hate speech. *****.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    5,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    No I said it for a laugh.
    Like I said pity. There is nowt funny about it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    58,734
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeNoPost View Post
    I think the majority of papers lie or at least select the facts that they publish which annoys me. I'm quite capable of making my own mind up about things when presented with all the facts; I don't need to be presented with half the facts to support a particular opinion/political viewpoint or to try to sensationalise news
    You may be able to do that but other people clearly don't, and would believe anything those tabloids publish like gospel.

    I think is about changing the law to make sure they either change drastically or they are banned altogether. They just have it too easy now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    58,734
    Quote Originally Posted by -Monk- View Post
    It's like when people hide behind freedom of speech when spouting vile hate speech. *****.
    It is the same with certain neo fascist organisations. It is quite ironic because freedom of speech wouldn't exist if they would have their way.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMan69 View Post
    That insidious scum MacKenzie is at it again:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39601728

    The S*n had an opportunity to redeem themselves but they showed their true colours when they re-employed him as a columnist.
    There is no redemption for them.
    Nothing they can do to repair the hurt and the grief that they caused to the families.
    Nothing they can do can take back their downright lies under there 'The Truth' headline that misformed a world which made the fight for Justice even more difficult.
    Mackenzie style of journalism is gutter press and I'd imagine it comes from the being that he is himself.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Snippes is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    38,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    It is the same with certain neo fascist organisations. It is quite ironic because freedom of speech wouldn't exist if they would have their way.
    So true. Its the classic bigot defense mechanism....."but, but, free speech...."
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Euro-77-78-81-84-05 is online now Ask him if the match is on TV
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    41,680
    Wonder if this **** has deliberately gone out to cause provocation so close to the anniversary.

    The S*n suspended him, how about firing him.

    Suspending him on full pay is nothing and could be seen as a publicity stunt the day before the anniversary, The S*n suspends this **** and distances themselves from his views on the city of Liverpool will be their main talking point on the anniversary. Try and get Everton fans onside, look we've stuck up for one of your players now buy our filthy rag.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    33,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro-77-78-81-84-05 View Post
    Wonder if this **** has deliberately gone out to cause provocation so close to the anniversary.

    The S*n suspended him, how about firing him.

    Suspending him on full pay is nothing and could be seen as a publicity stunt the day before the anniversary, The S*n suspends this **** and distances themselves from his views on the city of Liverpool will be their main talking point on the anniversary. Try and get Everton fans onside, look we've stuck up for one of your players now buy our filthy rag.
    They have no intention of firing him. They are part of the whole process. The suspension is on full pay and they have probably given him a few days leave.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    25,691
    Unbelievable. Can you believe the fallout? Why publish it in the first place? Secondly, fire the **********.

    The whole organisation is scum. Always have been, always will be.

    I hope Everton do the right thing now.

    On the Hillsborough anniversary, this is infuriating.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,924
    Suspended. Who gives a ****. He should be put in jail *********** ****
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    58,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Defo-skitso View Post
    Suspended. Who gives a ****. He should be put in jail *********** ****
    I suppose they have to suspend him before firing him but either way you are right.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,517
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeNoPost View Post
    I think the majority of papers lie or at least select the facts that they publish which annoys me. I'm quite capable of making my own mind up about things when presented with all the facts; I don't need to be presented with half the facts to support a particular opinion/political viewpoint or to try to sensationalise news
    Here is a heads up mate, it is not all about you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13,250
    And The Sun's comment :

    Wrong and "UNFUNNY"

    Unfunny must be the strangest mea culpa ive heard as a defence of a comment which shouldnt have been made. So if it was funny would it have passed the Sun test?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Alpha Papa is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    I doubt gorilla comment was intended to be racist. But there was no need to go that far with the whole thing.
    This.

    I mean the racist thing is a bit of a nonsense. Seems to be taking the focus away from the fact that he's just a straight up ****.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    51,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Papa View Post
    This.

    I mean the racist thing is a bit of a nonsense. Seems to be taking the focus away from the fact that he's just a straight up ****.
    I don't know. On the face of it, he's making a comparison with a "dumb animal" but then because he's such a **** I'd question why a Gorilla and why they took the trouble to find a picture of Barkley with his hands set at a particular angle so as to portray him as the gorilla in the picture next to him. I think because of Macknzies character, it's left that very questionable. Now it's possible, even likely, that this was editorially taken out of his hands, and that picture was thrown on without his knowledge but again because of that paper and because of him, you have to question exactly how offensive they really wanted and intended the article to be. Neither have earned the benefit of doubt, to be entirely fair.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Alpha Papa is offline Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,284
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I don't know. On the face of it, he's making a comparison with a "dumb animal" but then because he's such a **** I'd question why a Gorilla and why they took the trouble to find a picture of Barkley with his hands set at a particular angle so as to portray him as the gorilla in the picture next to him. I think because of Macknzies character, it's left that very questionable. Now it's possible, even likely, that this was editorially taken out of his hands, and that picture was thrown on without his knowledge but again because of that paper and because of him, you have to question exactly how offensive they really wanted and intended the article to be. Neither have earned the benefit of doubt, to be entirely fair.
    I reckon people have always used apes as an analogy for stupidity. They've stopped now for black people because it has racist connotations - but I honestly reckon McKenzie just saw Barkley as white so could still use the analogy.

    If that's accepted, a monkey-like photo would make sense.

    I thought the rest of what he said about Liverpool was more offensive and ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    51,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Papa View Post
    I reckon people have always used apes as an analogy for stupidity. They've stopped now for black people because it has racist connotations - but I honestly reckon McKenzie just saw Barkley as white so could still use the analogy.

    If that's accepted, a monkey-like photo would make sense.

    I thought the rest of what he said about Liverpool was more offensive and ridiculous.
    I think the insinuation is that he looks like an ape. A dumb ape. Now it's possible he didn't put any racial connotations on that, and it's possible, again likely, that he had no idea about the ethnicity of Barkley and his family. However, as I said neither he nor the paper have the benefit of the doubt any more. My assumption is that because he intends to offend, which is absolutely without question what this article was about, any insinuation or implication he makes is intentional.

    In short, he's a **** , so I assume he intends to be as **** ish as he possibly can be.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,418
    Hopefully Everton fans will us rid the entire Merseyside of this abomination. The S#n should never be bought by anyone again
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    25,691
    Quote Originally Posted by 100EPLTITLES View Post
    Hopefully Everton fans will us rid the entire Merseyside of this abomination. The S#n should never be bought by anyone again
    Yep.

    Disgrace.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    15,088
    Why does this man still have a job?You would think no one would want to be associated with this tool
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,936
    Scum and an insult to journalists & journalism.
    Here's hoping the s*n do the right thing this time, fire his ass, and that he is not able to air his moronic views ever again.
    Formerly known as OrientalRed.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,979
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusSixFiveRed View Post
    Scum and an insult to journalists & journalism.
    Here's hoping the s*n do the right thing this time, fire his ass, and that he is not able to air his moronic views ever again.
    The thing is he keeps getting a platform no matter what he says. That rag still use him, I think the daily mail use him. He's been on the BBC. It's *********** ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •