Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kelvin MacKenzie/Ross Barkley

LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    I think we should ignore this thread today, don't let the **** have any attention.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Seen on FB hat KM been suspended.

Last edited by Jannno; 15-4-17 at 09:04.

grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    Personally don't think being a racist should be considered a crime. Don't think he meant the gorilla thing in a racist way anyway. Having said that, Mackenzie is truly an awful human being. Why anyone would hire him to do anything is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    Personally don't think being a racist should be considered a crime. Don't think he meant the gorilla thing in a racist way anyway. Having said that, Mackenzie is truly an awful human being. Why anyone would hire him to do anything is beyond me.
    Making racist comments is a crime, of course it is, why it shouldn't be

Quote Originally Posted by Alon1 View Post
    Making racist comments is a crime, of course it is, why it shouldn't be
    I don't think writing or saying things should put you in jail unless we are talking about threats or libel.
    Last edited by grevsmoker; 15-4-17 at 09:23.

Being a racist shouldn't be considered a crime? That sort of thinking is what creates people like Mr mackenzie.
    Last edited by MamadouTheHump; 15-4-17 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by MamadouTheHump View Post
    Being a racist shouldn't be considered a crime? That sort of thinking is what creates people like Mr mackenzie.
    Should everything that is considered unethical or morally wrong be considered a crime?

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    I don't think writing or saying things should put you in jail unless we are talking about threats or libel.
    Libel

A published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

Just a point on this subject Kelvin MacKenzie is an abomination. Just a horrible journalist with a clear agenda. However I can't see what he said as being racist. Firstly, outwardly Ross Barkley looks white. Secondly there are white males and black males who can physically have a shape you could reference to many animals.

That's not racism. However the actual point here is that a deplorable man has been allowed in a daily newspaper to commit an unprovoked attack on a victim of a crime, then slander an entire city of people. Forget racism that should be the action that has consequences.

If you try and attack MacKenzie with 'racism' he'll be able to defend himself. Imagine a woman had been raped and MacKenzie said those things? Please don't focus on racism. If I'm putting my suspicious hat on and thinking I have a feeling he may have known about Barkley's ancestors and put the gorilla comment in there to deflect from the otherwise obvious unprovoked attack on a crime victim.

That way the scumbags will get publicity, racism will be brought up and he'll be able to say 'he's white, how was I to know' and I was actually referencing the dark eyes and nothing behind them. So he'll win.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    I'd like to hear Tony Gallagher justify allowing the article, too. Absolute *****, the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Libel

A published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

Just a point on this subject Kelvin MacKenzie is an abomination. Just a horrible journalist with a clear agenda. However I can't see what he said as being racist. Firstly, outwardly Ross Barkley looks white. Secondly there are white males and black males who can physically have a shape you could reference to many animals.

That's not racism. However the actual point here is that a deplorable man has been allowed in a daily newspaper to commit an unprovoked attack on a victim of a crime, then slander an entire city of people. Forget racism that should be the action that has consequences.

If you try and attack MacKenzie with 'racism' he'll be able to defend himself. Imagine a woman had been raped and MacKenzie said those things? Please don't focus on racism. If I'm putting my suspicious hat on and thinking I have a feeling he may have known about Barkley's ancestors and put the gorilla comment in there to deflect from the otherwise obvious unprovoked attack on a crime victim.

That way the scumbags will get publicity, racism will be brought up and he'll be able to say 'he's white, how was I to know' and I was actually referencing the dark eyes and nothing behind them. So he'll win.
    Yeah, I agree. The racism angle could easily be argued away. I had no idea that Barkley was mixed race, and although I'd suspect he did, MacKenzie could also argue he didn't.

The attack on a victim of a crime and on an entire city with outdated, nonsense stereotypes is unacceptable though. Gutter press. This **** is what sells now though, look at the rest of the melts like Hopkins and even that **** Jeremy Clarkson who are celebrated for being controversial and offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    Libel

I'm not defending Mackenzie in any way. The guy is a scumbag.

Curious timing from him as far as launching a verbal attack against people from Liverpool is concerned. The guy is a tool, always has been and always will be. Also good on the S*n for 'suspending' him. If a paid leave from work is what a suspension looks like today, then I too hope I get suspended. The worst 'newspaper' on the face of the earth, how they've gotten away with reporting so much **** I'll never know. MacKenzie suits them, they go hand in hand. They're probably extremely pleased with the publicity he's brought to them.

Intended racism or not, he should be legally held accountable for his words, at the very least it's defamation. The argument that it's his job to spark a debate is such a pea-brained argument. You can spark a debate by not insulting an entire city like a lowlife tool. Also, how have his comments started a debate? People are unanimously agreeing on the fact that he said some disgusting things and that he should be properly punished, that's the literal opposite of a debate

Thought Carragher was talking out of his arse about Barkley too, saying it was his own fault and he shouldn't have put himself in that position. Come on, so players aren't allowed a night out now?

Nowhere near as bad as Mackenzie though, obviously.

Everton ban the S*n from the club. Just right, too.

"Yesterday Everton Football Club informed The Sun newspaper it was banned from Goodison Park, the USM Finch Farm training ground and all areas of the Club’s operation.

Whilst we will not dignify any journalist with a response to appalling and indefensible allegations, the newspaper has to know that any attack on this City, either against a much respected community or individual, is not acceptable."

I hate having to comment about this vile man, especially on this day, but something to remember what he said after the HIP report in 2012 and he was trying to make a grovelling apology - he believes that he is the 97th victim of the Hillsborough disaster.

That sums up how low-life and 100% scummy this creature is. And I really hope that I never come across this poor excuse for humanity, as I can really see myself letting rip so violently upon his body, that it would take a copper's taser to stop the onslaught.

aylesbyred is online now First team regular
    cant get the link to work but Gary Linekar twitter status sums it up

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GAGGZY View Post
    I hate having to comment about this vile man, especially on this day, but something to remember what he said after the HIP report in 2012 and he was trying to make a grovelling apology - he believes that he is the 97th victim of the Hillsborough disaster.

That sums up how low-life and 100% scummy this creature is. And I really hope that I never come across this poor excuse for humanity, as I can really see myself letting rip so violently upon his body, that it would take a copper's taser to stop the onslaught.
    I'd forgotten he said that,slimy little ****bag.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Everton ban the S*n from the club. Just right, too.

"Yesterday Everton Football Club informed The Sun newspaper it was banned from Goodison Park, the USM Finch Farm training ground and all areas of the Club’s operation.

Whilst we will not dignify any journalist with a response to appalling and indefensible allegations, the newspaper has to know that any attack on this City, either against a much respected community or individual, is not acceptable."
    Fantastic response.

Its timed in my opinion, comes out on the eve of the Hillsborough anniversary.

He is such a sickening person.
    Last edited by Shriekback; 15-4-17 at 13:46.

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    Unbelievable. Can you believe the fallout? Why publish it in the first place? Secondly, fire the **********.

The whole organisation is scum. Always have been, always will be.

I hope Everton do the right thing now.

On the Hillsborough anniversary, this is infuriating.
    Everton have banned the Sun.

That's a disgusting comment.

I hate having to comment about this vile man, especially on this day, but something to remember what he said after the HIP report in 2012 and he was trying to make a grovelling apology - he believes that he is the 97th victim of the Hillsborough disaster. .
    That was just the worst. Total and utter scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    cant get the link to work but Gary Linekar twitter status sums it up
    It's bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Crisp Seller
    Kelvin Mackenzie still doing what he does well; being a 'Tuesday, Wednesday And Thursday'.

Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I'd forgotten he said that,slimy little ****bag.
    I still dont know if that was actually true or not. I cant seem to find a proper source for it.

smokintony is offline Boot Room insider
    It's not as if during the 80s he didn't ever have blatantly racist articles in that rag, it's very likely this was ment as one too

Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    It's not as if during the 80s he didn't ever have blatantly racist articles in that rag, it's very likely this was ment as one too
    Even if it wasn't it's still so far beyond the pale. It's mindboggling that someone would actually put their name to something like that.

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I still dont know if that was actually true or not. I cant seem to find a proper source for it.
    I've never found a proper source;it speaks volumes though that so many believe he did say it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    I found a source but it turns out it was a spoof/satire news site.

Should everything that is considered unethical or morally wrong be considered a crime?
    It should if it encourages or causes more "serious" offences to occur

It's mindboggling that someone would actually put their name to something like that.
    It would be if it was any other author or publication