Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kelvin MacKenzie/Ross Barkley

grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    It should if it encourages or causes more "serious" offences to occur
    Under that definition there's an awful lot we should start making illegal.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Everton ban the S*n from the club. Just right, too.

"Yesterday Everton Football Club informed The Sun newspaper it was banned from Goodison Park, the USM Finch Farm training ground and all areas of the Club’s operation.

Whilst we will not dignify any journalist with a response to appalling and indefensible allegations, the newspaper has to know that any attack on this City, either against a much respected community or individual, is not acceptable."
    What a fantastic statement.
    Great to see Everton talk about the people of the city and not just their own fans.
    Their fans like all clubs fans can be idiots sometimes but Everton Football Club have always been magnificent when it comes to anything Hillsborough related.

Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    Personally don't think being a racist should be considered a crime. Don't think he meant the gorilla thing in a racist way anyway. Having said that, Mackenzie is truly an awful human being. Why anyone would hire him to do anything is beyond me.
    He's hired because anti-Scouse insults and smears play well to the average S*n reader, and rival fans who detest LFC in particular.

What's different now is that it's very clear that to the S*n editorial staff, who would have obviously reviewed and approved the column in question, they don't care about whether someone is red or blue.

If you're a Scouser, you're a drug dealing, workshy, benefit scrounging dreg of society. I saw a post on RAWK which was taken from GOT which outlines the history of the negative Scouser stereotype in British pop culture. It was pretty eye-opening.
    Last edited by White Star Line; 17-4-17 at 09:21.

grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    He's hired because anti-Scouse insults and smears play well to the average S*n reader, and rival fans who detest LFC in particular.

What's different now is that it's very clear that to the S*n editorial staff, who would have obviously reviewed and approved the column in question, they don't care about whether someone is red or blue.

If you're a Scouser, you're a drug dealing, workshy, benefit scrounging dreg of society. I saw a post on RAWK which was taken from GOT which outlines the history of the negative Scouser stereotype in British pop culture. It was pretty eye-opening.
    One of the things that struck me about the whole thing was how incredibly old and recycled the idea of those stereotypes are. Even if you were to look past how offensive it is, it's not even remotely clever or funny. I'm not even from England, and my Dad having spent a summer in England once in his youth, found the same jokes to be old and spent even then, 35 years or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    One of the things that struck me about the whole thing was how incredibly old and recycled the idea of those stereotypes are. Even if you were to look past how offensive it is, it's not even remotely clever or funny. I'm not even from England, and my Dad having spent a summer in England once in his youth, found the same jokes to be old and spent even then, 35 years or so ago.
    You hear a lot of it from away fans. The same old chants about Scousers being criminals, unemployed etc...

It's especially amusing when it's sung by fans of lower league no-mark clubs from small towns that have virtually rotted away economically.