Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 110 of 110

Thread: Kelvin MacKenzie/Ross Barkley

  1. #91  
    grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,077
    Quote Originally Posted by smokintony View Post
    It should if it encourages or causes more "serious" offences to occur
    Under that definition there's an awful lot we should start making illegal.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #92  
    +Shriekback+ is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,805
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #93  
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,079
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Everton ban the S*n from the club. Just right, too.

    "Yesterday Everton Football Club informed The Sun newspaper it was banned from Goodison Park, the USM Finch Farm training ground and all areas of the Club’s operation.

    Whilst we will not dignify any journalist with a response to appalling and indefensible allegations, the newspaper has to know that any attack on this City, either against a much respected community or individual, is not acceptable."
    What a fantastic statement.
    Great to see Everton talk about the people of the city and not just their own fans.
    Their fans like all clubs fans can be idiots sometimes but Everton Football Club have always been magnificent when it comes to anything Hillsborough related.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #94  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    Personally don't think being a racist should be considered a crime. Don't think he meant the gorilla thing in a racist way anyway. Having said that, Mackenzie is truly an awful human being. Why anyone would hire him to do anything is beyond me.
    He's hired because anti-Scouse insults and smears play well to the average S*n reader, and rival fans who detest LFC in particular.

    What's different now is that it's very clear that to the S*n editorial staff, who would have obviously reviewed and approved the column in question, they don't care about whether someone is red or blue.

    If you're a Scouser, you're a drug dealing, workshy, benefit scrounging dreg of society. I saw a post on RAWK which was taken from GOT which outlines the history of the negative Scouser stereotype in British pop culture. It was pretty eye-opening.
    Last edited by White Star Line; 17-4-17 at 09:21.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #95  
    grevsmoker is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,077
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    He's hired because anti-Scouse insults and smears play well to the average S*n reader, and rival fans who detest LFC in particular.

    What's different now is that it's very clear that to the S*n editorial staff, who would have obviously reviewed and approved the column in question, they don't care about whether someone is red or blue.

    If you're a Scouser, you're a drug dealing, workshy, benefit scrounging dreg of society. I saw a post on RAWK which was taken from GOT which outlines the history of the negative Scouser stereotype in British pop culture. It was pretty eye-opening.
    One of the things that struck me about the whole thing was how incredibly old and recycled the idea of those stereotypes are. Even if you were to look past how offensive it is, it's not even remotely clever or funny. I'm not even from England, and my Dad having spent a summer in England once in his youth, found the same jokes to be old and spent even then, 35 years or so ago.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #96  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by grevsmoker View Post
    One of the things that struck me about the whole thing was how incredibly old and recycled the idea of those stereotypes are. Even if you were to look past how offensive it is, it's not even remotely clever or funny. I'm not even from England, and my Dad having spent a summer in England once in his youth, found the same jokes to be old and spent even then, 35 years or so ago.
    You hear a lot of it from away fans. The same old chants about Scousers being criminals, unemployed etc...

    It's especially amusing when it's sung by fans of lower league no-mark clubs from small towns that have virtually rotted away economically.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #97  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,020
    MacKenzie in the news again, saying the headline the country would most like to see is 'Jeremy Corbyn knifed to death by asylum seeker'.

    What a despicable piece of ****.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #98  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    26,429
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    MacKenzie in the news again, saying the headline the country would most like to see is 'Jeremy Corbyn knifed to death by asylum seeker'.

    What a despicable piece of ****.
    What a ******* disgusting little germ of a man he is, a pointless horrible little thing spewing his vitriol & hate for attention and money
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #99  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    9,139
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    He's hired because anti-Scouse insults and smears play well to the average S*n reader, and rival fans who detest LFC in particular.

    What's different now is that it's very clear that to the S*n editorial staff, who would have obviously reviewed and approved the column in question, they don't care about whether someone is red or blue.

    If you're a Scouser, you're a drug dealing, workshy, benefit scrounging dreg of society. I saw a post on RAWK which was taken from GOT which outlines the history of the negative Scouser stereotype in British pop culture. It was pretty eye-opening.
    he hits out with the same nonsense about glaswegians, we basically have the same negative stereotypes
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #100  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,237
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    MacKenzie in the news again, saying the headline the country would most like to see is 'Jeremy Corbyn knifed to death by asylum seeker'.

    What a despicable piece of ****.
    How is this man given a platform to write his hate filled views? Where was this written out of curiosity?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #101  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,237
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    he hits out with the same nonsense about glaswegians, we basically have the same negative stereotypes
    Yep, the man is abhorrent.

    The irony is, after spending plenty of time in Liverpool and having lived in Glasgow for three years the two cities could not be nicer places to go! I'd certainly rather be in any of them than any place this man deems to be "nice"
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #102  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,020
    Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    How is this man given a platform to write his hate filled views? Where was this written out of curiosity?
    Was being interviewed by the New York Times, I believe. No idea why anyone would want to talk to this rat, though. He apparently tried to phone them the next day to have that part removed too, as it was 'in bad taste'. No ****.

    “I think the fake news headline that would give this country the most joy would be ‘Jeremy Corbyn Knifed to Death by an Asylum Seeker.’,” he told The New York Times.


    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7714321.html
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #103  
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23,237
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Was being interviewed by the New York Times, I believe. No idea why anyone would want to talk to this rat, though. He apparently tried to phone them the next day to have that part removed too, as it was 'in bad taste'. No ****.

    “I think the fake news headline that would give this country the most joy would be ‘Jeremy Corbyn Knifed to Death by an Asylum Seeker.’,” he told The New York Times.


    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7714321.html
    Unreal. The guy just can't help himself can he.

    I can think of a headline that would give us a lot more joy anyway!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #104  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,838
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Was being interviewed by the New York Times, I believe. No idea why anyone would want to talk to this rat, though. He apparently tried to phone them the next day to have that part removed too, as it was 'in bad taste'. No ****.

    “I think the fake news headline that would give this country the most joy would be ‘Jeremy Corbyn Knifed to Death by an Asylum Seeker.’,” he told The New York Times.


    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7714321.html
    The Times interviewed him for an article that advances the point that despite waning print influence, British tabloids are still hugely influential. In particular with with regard to their affect on the Brexit outcome. It was pretty interesting stuff.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #105  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9,934
    I could imagine a few headlines relating to Kelvin MacKenzie that would definitely bring me joy.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #106  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,838
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    I could imagine a few headlines relating to Kelvin MacKenzie that would definitely bring me joy.
    There is a Twitter rumor that he's been fired, but it hasn't been announced yet.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #107  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9,934
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post
    There is a Twitter rumor that he's been fired, but it hasn't been announced yet.
    He'll always find another job in the media. They know that people like him, Sarah Vine, Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan, Jan Moir and similar filth attract clicks.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #108  
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,838
    Quote Originally Posted by White Star Line View Post
    He'll always find another job in the media. They know that people like him, Sarah Vine, Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan, Jan Moir and similar filth attract clicks.
    I'm sure Breitbart UK is already on the phone with him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #109  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50,266
    M*ckenzie to leave The S*n... reports today
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #110  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    23,649
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    M*ckenzie to leave The S*n... reports today
    I'm sure Murdoch will find another job for him somewhere else...peas in a pod them two.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •