Notices
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG - Good, Bad or Indifferent? - including Stadium Expansion Debate.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Our owners are mega rich.....Billionaires
    Very tight ones though, only interested in making more.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

More than likely closer to 60 million
    Maybe sell Sakho Markovic snd Danny bringing on approx 50 to 60 million
    Total appox 120 million
    Plus this spare money from last summers budget add this summers budget and we should have a huge war chest
    looks good if this comes to fruition....we'll soon find out
    I remember reading that because fans now pay bt sport too, making the group stages alone was worth around 40m. Of course the further you go, the more the money but we cant bank for that.

Of course the money may be more now as fans are paying more to sky and bt this year due to the price rises again. Its getting so expensive now to have both sky and bt. You are a lucky guy getting it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    Like spurs, arsenal, man u, everton.......

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Some think the sun shines from them

Idiots.

Last edited by GrottonRed; 21-4-17 at 15:36. Reason: you were warned

Quote Originally Posted by PejiVanbasten View Post
    Like spurs, arsenal, man u, everton.......
    Looks like the league table shows only Spurs getting CL football

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I've read that, but simply don't believe it. I don't believe we'd offer anyone a professional contract at 4k/week, and then lose out over a grand or two.

Are we really to believe that BR really wanted him but FSG wouldn't sanction a wage of 7-8k/week? Does that make any sense?

What's BRs record like for reliability? Believe every word he says? Or bit of a bluffer? I know I've read other reports that strike me as infinitely more plausible but ultimately I guess everyone believes what they want.
    It's a strange one. The lad was a Liverpool supporter and supposedly keen to join. I'd have Rodgers in the spoofer category in general, anything for a bit of self promotion. But would he be willing to go on record if it was an outright lie?

Maybe it was a dig at Edwards. Can't remember where I read it but there was a story that he has some sort of software that calculates the value of a player and what he should be earning based on his career stats/experience and this is used in negotiations. This was why the contract was 4k a week. Could be a load of cobblers too of course.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    It's a strange one. The lad was a Liverpool supporter and supposedly keen to join. I'd have Rodgers in the spoofer category in general, anything for a bit of self promotion. But would he be willing to go on record if it was an outright lie?

Maybe it was a dig at Edwards. Can't remember where I read it but there was a story that he has some sort of software that calculates the value of a player and what he should be earning based on his career stats/experience and this is used in negotiations. This was why the contract was 4k a week. Could be a load of cobblers too of course.
    More like Brendan was over ruled

Idiots.
    Aye

They have more money than they will ever need !!

I've read that, but simply don't believe it. I don't believe we'd offer anyone a professional contract at 4k/week, and then lose out over a grand or two.

Are we really to believe that BR really wanted him but FSG wouldn't sanction a wage of 7-8k/week? Does that make any sense?

What's BRs record like for reliability? Believe every word he says? Or bit of a bluffer? I know I've read other reports that strike me as infinitely more plausible but ultimately I guess everyone believes what they want.
    Rodgers certainly was lets say, economical with the truth. Slippery kind of guy. Anyway it looks like Ali wasn't overly impressed with the two hours he spent in a hotel room with Brendan. The little flirt.

Why not? Would you expect the club to respond? He's hardly slandering anyone. What are the actual quotes from BR? It's still only 'understood' that our offer was a bit of a joke.

Entirely predictably the club has nothing to say - we don't want our business done in public.

Its only the daily mail too, when all said and done, saying that, I would not be surprised if our owners refused to pay the going rate, I bet it would not be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by theamerican00 View Post
    Rodgers certainly was lets say, economical with the truth. Slippery kind of guy. Anyway it looks like Ali wasn't overly impressed with the two hours he spent in a hotel room with Brendan. The little flirt.
    How do you know that?

Its only the daily mail too, when all said and done, saying that, I would not be surprised if our owners refused to pay the going rate, I bet it would not be the first time.
    What is the 'going rate' for an unproven league one player?

Would the 15m derby wanted for will hughes have been justified? Many cursed fsg and rodgers for not paying up for him!

What would spurs fans say about not paying the 'going rate' for mane, suarez and lallana who they could have bought.

Last edited by GrottonRed; 21-4-17 at 15:40. Reason: more of it

Last edited by GrottonRed; 21-4-17 at 15:42. Reason: have a day off

davevietnam is online now Academy prospect
    We will get an extra 60 million if we get CL football we couldn't have budgeted for that'
    Do we get that end of this season or end of 2018 season.

Why not? Would you expect the club to respond? He's hardly slandering anyone. What are the actual quotes from BR? It's still only 'understood' that our offer was a bit of a joke.

Entirely predictably the club has nothing to say - we don't want our business done in public.
    The bottom line is we missed out on a player who has developed into a serious talent, for whatever reason.

Had he come here there's no telling how he'd have developed under Rodgers, could've been another Markovic, who knows?

It's a fine line to tread. If you want to sign the best young talent then how far do you push the boat out? On the one hand it's a sensible policy to not hand out bumper deals to kids, but when you miss out on a real talent over a few grand then it stings.

It was an interview from goals on Sunday.

The key detail is how reliable the source that cited this supposed offer is.

Quote Originally Posted by davevietnam View Post
    Do we get that end of this season or end of 2018 season.
    Thought the group stages were worth something like 25m, or has it gone up?

Our owners are mega rich.....Billionaires
    Good. They are not ripping the club off like the Glazers did for Utd.

I dont think he does dislike match goers, he just disagrees with some of there views, same with me really, I mean fair enough if cheaper tickets are what some want then they have the right to ask, but I dont think those same fans can then ask for more investment, I mean seriously, what world do they live in.
    I don't think these lads spent a lifetime accruing their fortunes in order to ***** it up the wall on a pacey, goalscoring wideman to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by redsman10 View Post
    The owners can't control control what happens on the pitch. They can't be held accountable for slips, poor performances, bad goalkeeping or defending, and injuries.
    Why not?

I dont think he does dislike match goers, he just disagrees with some of there views, same with me really, I mean fair enough if cheaper tickets are what some want then they have the right to ask, but I dont think those same fans can then ask for more investment, I mean seriously, what world do they live in.
    Or protest a plan that offers more cheaper tickets countered by increases on the rest to balance the books out then gripe when the owners hold off on investing more into the ground than will be paid for in a reasonable time frame.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    The owners can't control control what happens on the pitch. They can't be held accountable for slips, poor performances, bad goalkeeping or defending, and injuries.
    they can control the quality of the players on the pitch which leads to slips bad goalkeeping and bad defending

I don't think these lads spent a lifetime accruing their fortunes in order to ***** it up the wall on a pacey, goalscoring wideman to be fair.
    Like Mane.

Agreed, to a certain extent.

if they were to sign up Barry fry as manager and accompany him with load of teenage backroom staff, would you not deem them responsible for failures on the pitch ?

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    Like Mane.
    I think he meant their own personal money not the money the club has generated.

And I accept, as owners, they have the prerogative to spend the money generated by the club as they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by robertretford View Post
    Why not?
    Read the fine print on the ticket stubs.

It's there, black and white, clear as crystal.

'By purchasing this ticket you accept that The Owners shall not be held responsible for slip ups, poor performances, goalkeeping errors, slipshod defending and injuries etc etc etc'