Notices
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: FSG - Good, Bad or Indifferent? - including Stadium Expansion Debate.

1. #1 Mighty Red FSG - Good, Bad or Indifferent? - including Stadium Expansion Debate. 
    This summer will tell a lot.

YNWA
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Please keep the discussions about FSG and not about each other. thanks.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Please keep the discussions about FSG and not about each other. thanks.
    your views about fsg normally reflect your identity as a fan, therein lies the problem, so it's hard.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    This summer will tell a lot.

YNWA
    I agree this is an important summer.

FSG need to support Klopp in a big way and he needs to spend the money on real quality to make us an even better team.

Quote Originally Posted by grudge View Post

FSG need to support Klopp in a big way and he needs to spend the money on real quality to make us an even better team.
    The support will not change. Klopp saved some money by not spending in jan. If we get top four, thats extra money generated to be added to the kitty. Anything the club generates will be given to klopp in the summer for transfers and wages.

Look at fgs's history and you will see the club does not make a profit. It runs on money being thrown straight back in.

Quote Originally Posted by PejiVanbasten View Post
    The support will not change. Klopp saved some money by not spending in jan. If we get top four, thats extra money generated to be added to the kitty. Anything the club generates will be given to klopp in the summer for transfers and wages.

Look at fgs's history and you will see the club does not make a profit. It runs on money being thrown straight back in.
    I just suggested both parties need to do what they are doing to make us a better team/ squad, I know FSG have supported their managers and I also know the biggest problem has been managers wasting large chunks of the investment given to them. Hence my statement that both need to do their thing.

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 21-4-17 at 12:13. Reason: unhelpful
    People will believe what they want to believe

TheDarknessIsCalling is online now Academy prospect
    Every summer is important, might be slightly less so if winter was used more too
    People will believe what they want to believe

I am sure we will have the squad to compete in Europe next season. Klopp knows what needs to be done and, as you say, he did not waste money on second choice players in January, enabling him to build the squad he wants in the summer.

raybarnes is offline Football Discussion Football Poster of the Season 2013-14

Agreed

I hope we are willing to go all out and get the players that Klopp really wants.

I hope we are willing to reevaluate our valuations, if clubs are asking a little more than we were originally willing to pay for the right players.

It would not be very good if we missed out on the players he has identified for the sake of a million or so here or there.

None of us want another Dele Ali situation on our hands.

A big summer for FSG to prove that not only can they get the right man for the job, but that they will support him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDilkington View Post
    I hope we are willing to go all out and get the players that Klopp really wants.

I hope we are willing to reevaluate our valuations, if clubs are asking a little more than we were originally willing to pay for the right players.

It would not be very good if we missed out on the players he has identified for the sake of a million or so here or there.

None of us want another Dele Ali situation on our hands.

A big summer for FSG to prove that not only can they get the right man for the job, but that they will support him as well.
    I thought the Dele Alli situation was that BR didn't feel he was first team ready so didn't really push to get the deal done.

Not that he really wanted him but FSG wouldn't pay 5m.

Have I mis-remembered? Was it really all FSGs fault?

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I thought the Dele Alli situation was that BR didn't feel he was first team ready so didn't really push to get the deal done.

Im not sure whos fault it was, but we missed out on an absolute bargain.

He is a real quality player that was available for a steal, he would suit the way we play and more the point, he wanted to come and play for us.

Now we are watching him tearing it up at one of our main rivals !!

He is a real quality player that was available for a steal, he would suit the way we play and more the point, he wanted to come and play for us.

Apparently it was the guy that was showing him around the place - he was at fault
    Alli wanted to meet Stevie G and didn't
    So he went too london.....

For FSG to be judged as a success we need regular CL football plus trophies
    Our new stand is a quality improvement
    Getting Mr Klppp here was quality
    When we get our new training facilities this will be a bonus
    Our owners have been rightly praised for these but we must keep moving forward its no use just keep giving them praise for what has already been praised.
    We need to keep moving forward our squad needs a major upgrade and of course we still need the Anny Rd redeveloping
    Fsg need to dig deep we can not keep spending less than our main rivals yet expect to get stronger

Brendan seems to get the blame for anything and everything

True, they gave Rodgers a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    Brendan seems to get the blame for anything and everything
    Not from me. But that's my recollection - if yours is different, I'm all ears.

Alli always struck me as a committee recommended 'moneyball' target rather than someone BR had his eye on.

Rodgers take on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-000-week.html

And apparently Stevie having his afternoon nap didn't help either.

For FSG to be judged as a success we need regular CL football plus trophies
    Our new stand is a quality improvement
    Getting Mr Klppp here was quality
    When we get our new training facilities this will be a bonus
    Our owners have been rightly praised for these but we must keep moving forward its no use just keep giving them praise for what has already been praised.
    We need to keep moving forward our squad needs a major upgrade and of course we still need the Anny Rd redeveloping
    Fsg need to dig deep we can not keep spending less than our main rivals yet expect to get stronger
    They are digging deep. Deep in to the clubs resources that we do not make a profit. Thats how we are run and i am happy with that. What we put in we get out.

Not from me. But that's my recollection - if yours is different, I'm all ears.

Alli always struck me as a committee recommended 'moneyball' target rather than someone BR had his eye on.
    Sorry Stuzza i wasn't saying you were blaming Brendan just pointing out he seens to be blamed for anything and everything

They are digging deep. Deep in to the clubs resources that we do not make a profit. Thats how we are run and i am happy with that. What we put in we get out.
    We will get an extra 60 million if we get CL football we couldn't have budgeted for that'

Spurs have signed loads of young players in the last decade or so. Most have been trash or average. Naughton, lennon, reid, calulker etc

Alli was a talent playing in league one i think. Hardly anyone else was in for him other than us and spurs really. Spurs beat us to it. If he came to us and didnt work out, we would hear how we are 'trying to do it on the cheap by buying potential'. Thats all he was at that time. He had not even proven anything. Not even playing in the championship let alone prem.

We managed to get sterling and that worked out great for us. So did ibe with the 15m we got for him.

We all win some and lose some. Its more disappointing if we lost someone we really wanted because the board have been slow to react like rafa got screwed with vidic, evra, simao, aguero etc

But a league one talent is a talent. Sure we should be looking at those avenues too but its funny as most criticise fsg for looking too much in to those avenues!

We will get an extra 60 million if we get CL football we couldn't have budgeted for that'
    Probably closer to 40m. So yes i have said it before, if we finish top four, more monet will be available naturally as the club will generate more.

Probably closer to 40m. So yes i have said it before, if we finish top four, more monet will be available naturally as the club will generate more.
    More than likely closer to 60 million
    Maybe sell Sakho Markovic snd Danny bringing on approx 50 to 60 million
    Total appox 120 million
    Plus this spare money from last summers budget add this summers budget and we should have a huge war chest
    looks good if this comes to fruition....we'll soon find out
    Last edited by raybarnes; 21-4-17 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    Rodgers take on it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-000-week.html

And apparently Stevie having his afternoon nap didn't help either.
    I've read that, but simply don't believe it. I don't believe we'd offer anyone a professional contract at 4k/week, and then lose out over a grand or two.

Are we really to believe that BR really wanted him but FSG wouldn't sanction a wage of 7-8k/week? Does that make any sense?

What's BRs record like for reliability? Believe every word he says? Or bit of a bluffer? I know I've read other reports that strike me as infinitely more plausible but ultimately I guess everyone believes what they want.

Spurs have signed loads of young players in the last decade or so. Most have been trash or average. Naughton, lennon, reid, calulker etc

Alli was a talent playing in league one i think. Hardly anyone else was in for him other than us and spurs really. Spurs beat us to it. If he came to us and didnt work out, we would hear how we are 'trying to do it on the cheap by buying potential'. Thats all he was at that time. He had not even proven anything. Not even playing in the championship let alone prem.

We managed to get sterling and that worked out great for us. So did ibe with the 15m we got for him.

We all win some and lose some. Its more disappointing if we lost someone we really wanted because the board have been slow to react like rafa got screwed with vidic, evra, simao, aguero etc

But a league one talent is a talent. Sure we should be looking at those avenues too but its funny as most criticise fsg for looking too much in to those avenues!
    We were his first choice and we missed out on him, not good enough.

I've read that, but simply don't believe it. I don't believe we'd offer anyone a professional contract at 4k/week, and then lose out over a grand or two.

Are we really to believe that BR really wanted him but FSG wouldn't sanction a wage of 7-8k/week? Does that make any sense?

What's BRs record like for reliability? Believe every word he says? Or bit of a bluffer? I know I've read other reports that strike me as infinitely more plausible but ultimately I guess everyone believes what they want.

As most questions asked on here there's two sides to the story we believe what we want to believe some believe one side others believe opposite

The owners have been very good for the club. We knew that they weren't mega-rich owners like City, Chelsea, or PSG have and always indicated that they were in it for the long-haul and do things the right way.

They've expanded and revamped Anfield and will continue to do so in the future; they're investing heavily on the Academy and the entire setup; they've grown the club's image to improve it's revenue streams & marketing to compete with the other big clubs - something long overdue; they were able to bring in a world-class manager in Klopp even without CL football; and they've given all of the managers under them money to spend on players.

IMO, our biggest problem has been the proper scouting of players that we're bringing in, as well as the ability to seal the transfer of some of our targets. How often have we seen under Ayre, a deal fall apart because we try to low-ball the player/club or we delay in making a decision and lose out to another club? How often do we see other clubs, like Southampton, Spurs, or other clubs sign good players on the cheap, even though it seems that everyone under the sun was aware of these players and thought they'd be a good pickup for the club?

I firmly believe that the owners will back Klopp with whatever resources he needs for next season, especially if we get into the CL. Now, whether Klopp will want to spend big, that's a different story...

Our owners are mega rich.....Billionaires