Hendo was fantastic earlier in season
    Sure he is a product of form,he plays well when others play well
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IchBinEinKloppr View Post
    I'd 100% give Lucas a new deal.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFightForJustice View Post
    I think with Lucas is comes down to him wanting playing time.With Grujic, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Henderson, Can plus a signing or two in the summer. Lucas' playing time will be even more limited.

I love him, but I think his come is coming to an end. Unless he's happy with 10 appearances. Which I don't think he will be.

Wonderful character in the changing rooms and a decent experienced player.
    We've been saying this about Lucas for years now and he is still here despite having several opportunities, even nudges, to exit the door. I am not sure we should assume we know what he wants. Maybe the guy is so settled and happy here that family, friends, just having been here a long time is more important to him than leaving for another club for game time that might or may not be forthcoming. Frankly, every time I see him play, he strikes me as a player who is very much in that experience but bit part player who is best coming in occasionally either for injured players or for tactical reasons and having rests in between. He was clearly struggling towards the end today as well. The clubs he's been linked with in Italy like Inter...I don't see how he can go there and knock of a Kondogbia starter type or that his body would hold up anyway if he had to take on full time duties elsewhere.

So Lucas might already be in the perfect situation for himself. He is still so well respected here and is the old head in the camp for the Latin players and I expect others as well. Why not stay here, be an integral even if abbreviated part of the squad and maybe this helps extend his playing days even further. he has a great relationship with Klopp and maybe that can help set up the next phase of his career as well.

I personally think there is always room in the squad of a successful team for players like Lucas with very specialized roles even if they are not full time. I see no reason to rush him out the door.

Alpha Papa is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    This .Proving my point earlier on that Henderson doesn't influence the game either way, he is just there
    Amazing. AngriestRed felt one particular thing, and it "proved your point".

Don't know where to start with that.

As for Hendo, I would never feel bad he's in the team. If he starts every game for the next 5 years I'd be fine with it. But he's not good enough at the job to be our playmaker, and he's not inspirational enough to be our captain - and we need a player or two for those roles.

KoppityKloppity is online now Academy prospect
    Hendo probably wont play again this season at this rate.

Its all to do with this ongoing heel problem.

Can cant make DM his own now.

Yeah, it's a weird one. Hopefully he's back to full fitness soon!

Can and Lucas have been able deputies though. But still, it'd be great to have Jordan back in the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    This .Proving my point earlier on that Henderson doesn't influence the game either way, he is just there
    No he doesn't.. He is about as ordinary as the blades of grass on the pitch

I think the issue with the injury, if its the same one, is that he hasn't had any long time spans off and it needs months off to fully recover. Otherwise it is all about managing it.

been saying it since day one... hendo isnt as vital as everyone loves to make out. great lad but look at how emre is playing atm.

when lallana is fit, should be Can sitting deep with lallana and wijnaldum in front and our captain on the bench.

it hurts to say, but this injury has been a blessing in disguise for our football club

Acumen is online now First team regular
    It's been such a weird one. He's been out for some time now and I'm not sure if he'll be back for the rest of the campaign. Perhaps it's better to shut him down and get him healthy.

TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post

Can and Lucas have been able deputies though. But still, it'd be great to have Jordan back in the fold.
    Able deputies.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post

Able deputies?! Can has surpassed Hendo... He is doing a whole lot more than Hendo ever did... Lucas is a steady veteran LEADER and Hendo could learn quite a bit from him

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Who cares what happened to him? Can has stepped his game up and we are in a decent run of form... I don't miss him one bit... Hopefully he gets better soon so we can fetch a good fee for him
    You really are a joke of a poster aren't you

He was a great component of our excellent early season form. But you and Emaxx just conveniently ignore this.

Should he walk back into the side? No, all good managers will play the form player which Can clearly is right now, and I'm happy he's stepping up.

However given Hendo was part of the side that was playing the best football we've played all season compared to Can's (admittedly excellent) 3-4 games, I think you both should try a little perspective. It might do you some good .
    Last edited by scousechrisj; 17-4-17 at 06:02.

Quote Originally Posted by scousechrisj View Post

He was a great component of our excellent early season form. But you and Emaxx just conveniently ignore this.
    henderson had more poor games than great games. fact.

team bailed him out on numerous occasions. Can is far the superior

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Pat View Post

This season they bailed him out? What an absurd analysis. Stick to Aussie rules or whatever crap you play there.

Should he walk back into the side? No, all good managers will play the form player which Can clearly is right now, and I'm happy he's stepping up.

However given Hendo was part of the side that was playing the best football we've played all season compared to Can's (admittedly excellent) 3-4 games, I think you both should try a little perspective. It might do you some good .
    It's unreal how defensive people get over their favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Pat View Post

This season? I think you should look up the definition of fact. Because like the other two, you're talking through your arse.

Why do some supposed fans feel the need to put another Liverpool player down while trying to big another up?

I'm happy Can has stepped up, hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season. It's this form which got us all excited by him. He just needs to show it more often. But let's not let the last 4 games be more significant than about half a season of good form (pre Jan when we all went to crap) by Henderson this term.

It looks like Fergie was right.

*covers head

Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    It looks like Fergie was right.

*covers head

Actually could he have been?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    It's unreal how defensive people get over their favourites.
    He's not wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    He's not wrong though.
    Actually he is.

I know pre-Jan was a long time for some people to remember.
    Last edited by scousechrisj; 17-4-17 at 06:42.

He's not wrong though.
    What? It's not even up for debate whether or not that is wrong, it's a completely incorrect evaluation. By all means, praise Can all you want but to flat out lie over other players is unnecessary and only serves to make people look stupid.

I also find it unsurprising that people can't give Can props without referring back to Henderson. Some people prefer to be prideful and stick to nonsensical exaggerations in order to drum home a point. It's quite telling and shows how insecure some people are. To say Henderson was bailed out is a very poor and downright strange conclusion to come to.
    Last edited by TheKnucklesOfAgger; 17-4-17 at 06:46.

Actually he is.

Henderson was good post the first spurs game till around late November, his form dropped off alot after that. It coincided perfectly with Matip coming in then getting injured. With our game demand next season playing in Europe we will need him to stay fit, so hopefully he can get past these injuries and play a vital squad role for next season.

For this season though i think Lallana getting back fit is much more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    What? It's not even up for debate whether or not that is wrong, it's a completely incorrect evaluation. By all means, praise Can all you want but to flat out lie over other players is unnecessary and only serves to make people look stupid.

I also find it unsurprising that people can't give Can props without referring back to Henderson. Some people prefer to be prideful and stick to nonsensical exaggerations in order to drum home a point. It's quite telling and shows how insecure some people are. To say Henderson was bailed out is a very poor and downright strange conclusion to come to.
    Can is getting plenty of praise right now.

How did the post I refer to lie ? All he said was Henderson was an integral part of the side when we played our best football earlier this season but Can is in the side now and the form player.

Dear me, stop being so ****** angry.

Actually he is.

I just realised what I did, I replied to a post which was a reply to another......I'm agreeing with you and knuckles.......oops, sorry.

I'm a big Hendo fan but this latest run we have put together shows we don't really miss him. And Cans best position is clearly where Henderson plays. Fit or not I'm guessing he won't get back in this season if the others are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Defo-skitso View Post
    I'm a big Hendo fan but this latest run we have put together shows we don't really miss him. And Cans best position is clearly where Henderson plays. Fit or not I'm guessing he won't get back in this season if the others are available.
    Yes, now that's a different and reasonable point to make. I don't think anyone said he can't be improved on, but he was playing well so it was going to take something unfortunate to put him out of the side. That happened, and Can stepped up, which in itself was a massive boost because he looked dreadful for a while, and his attributes and technical ability are definitely superior, it's just a case of putting it all together and he's done that nicely, at the right time for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Papa View Post
    Amazing. AngriestRed felt one particular thing, and it "proved your point".

Don't know where to start with that.

As for Hendo, I would never feel bad he's in the team. If he starts every game for the next 5 years I'd be fine with it. But he's not good enough at the job to be our playmaker, and he's not inspirational enough to be our captain - and we need a player or two for those roles.
    .. are you not aware that AngriestRed's opinions and feelings are now the yardstick by which all others should be judged? Then again, it was Emaxx2 making that claim, which kind of says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOfKlopp View Post
    Henderson was good post the first spurs game till around late November, his form dropped off alot after that. It coincided perfectly with Matip coming in then getting injured. With our game demand next season playing in Europe we will need him to stay fit, so hopefully he can get past these injuries and play a vital squad role for next season.

For this season though i think Lallana getting back fit is much more useful.
    I think his form was longer than you say - but I agree with the rest, especially the need for Lallana to get back being most important

I just realised what I did, I replied to a post which was a reply to another......I'm agreeing with you and knuckles.......oops, sorry.
    Hahaha no worries.