Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Henderson - and this injury

1. #1 Default Jordan Henderson - and this injury 
    Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Jordan Henderson's last game in a LFC shirt was on 11 February against Spurs.

A few days later the rumours going around were that he had broken a bone in his foot and would be out from somewhere between 8-10 weeks. When Klopp was questioned on the injury he said it was a 'just a minor knock on his foot' and that was the end of that.

I'm just curious as to what really has happened to him. Has he indeed broken a bone in his foot but the club deemed not tell anyone because (i) the team were going through a rough patch in terms of results (remember January's winless streak?), (ii) the replacement was Emre Can who was having a hard time finding form and (iii) there may have been a bit of a backlash from the media and fans in terms of Klopp not strengthening his hand in the January transfer window.

Only this Friday when Jurgen was quizzed on injuries he, again, stated that Henderson would be out for at least another two weeks and would miss the WBA game because of discomfort and wouldn't be risked until he was ready. Now with just 5 games remaining and four weeks of the season to go, would it be a surprise if he doesn't feature again this season? He is due to miss the matches against Palace and Watford for sure according to Klopp and that leaves just over 2 weeks of the season remaining where we play our final 3 games.

I actually think his injury has been played down by the club and no one seems to know what is going on. It wouldn't be a surprise if he has broken a bone in his foot as he has been out for over 2 months now and it will be around 3 months the time the match against Southampton comes around. Should we have known more as fans? Its just a bit odd that the club captain misses 8 games (10 in two weeks time) and no one has said what is wrong with him.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Who knows? I'm just glad Can and Lucas have stepped up.

KeepTheFightForJustice is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    To be honest, I think Can has stepped up brilliantly.

Just missing Lallana more imo

And that was my next question.

Would it be wise to tie Lucas Leiva down to a new deal? The rumours are that he may leave for a fee of around 2.5m which is not that great a figure at all.

He is still only 30-years-old and is an experienced head in the dressing room. And over the past few weeks he has shown that he is still a useful player to have in front of the defence when injuries have hit us in that area. Would it really be a bad idea to keep him on as a squad player for a few more seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post

Would it be wise to tie Lucas Leiva down to a new deal? The rumours are that he may leave for a fee of around 2.5m which is not that great a figure at all.

He is still only 30-years-old and is an experienced head in the dressing room. And over the past few weeks he has shown that he is still a useful player to have in front of the defence when injuries have hit us in that area. Would it really be a bad idea to keep him on as a squad player for a few more seasons?
    I'd 100% give Lucas a new deal.

Jordan Henderson's last game in a LFC shirt was on 11 February against Spurs.

A few days later the rumours going around were that he had broken a bone in his foot and would be out from somewhere between 8-10 weeks. When Klopp was questioned on the injury he said it was a 'just a minor knock on his foot' and that was the end of that.

I'm just curious as to what really has happened to him. Has he indeed broken a bone in his foot but the club deemed not tell anyone because (i) the team were going through a rough patch in terms of results (remember January's winless streak?), (ii) the replacement was Emre Can who was having a hard time finding form and (iii) there may have been a bit of a backlash from the media and fans in terms of Klopp not strengthening his hand in the January transfer window.

Only this Friday when Jurgen was quizzed on injuries he, again, stated that Henderson would be out for at least another two weeks and would miss the WBA game because of discomfort and wouldn't be risked until he was ready. Now with just 5 games remaining and four weeks of the season to go, would it be a surprise if he doesn't feature again this season? He is due to miss the matches against Palace and Watford for sure according to Klopp and that leaves just over 2 weeks of the season remaining where we play our final 3 games.

I actually think his injury has been played down by the club and no one seems to know what is going on. It wouldn't be a surprise if he has broken a bone in his foot as he has been out for over 2 months now and it will be around 3 months the time the match against Southampton comes around. Should we have known more as fans? Its just a bit odd that the club captain misses 8 games (10 in two weeks time) and no one has said what is wrong with him.
    Who cares what happened to him? Can has stepped his game up and we are in a decent run of form... I don't miss him one bit... Hopefully he gets better soon so we can fetch a good fee for him

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    Who cares what happened to him? Can has stepped his game up and we are in a decent run of form... I don't miss him one bit... Hopefully he gets better soon so we can fetch a good fee for him

I think with Lucas is comes down to him wanting playing time.

With Grujic, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Henderson, Can plus a signing or two in the summer. Lucas' playing time will be even more limited.

I love him, but I think his come is coming to an end. Unless he's happy with 10 appearances. Which I don't think he will be.

Wonderful character in the changing rooms and a decent experienced player.

I think Lucas will leave to get more playing time in his proper position. Of course I'd be happy to have him stay so I don't need to buy another shirt with a player's name on.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheFightForJustice View Post
    I think with Lucas is comes down to him wanting playing time.

With Grujic, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Henderson, Can plus a signing or two in the summer. Lucas' playing time will be even more limited.

I love him, but I think his come is coming to an end. Unless he's happy with 10 appearances. Which I don't think he will be.

Wonderful character in the changing rooms and a decent experienced player.
    I guess it depends on him to be fair. He's still a useful player and he has shown that this season. Sometimes you need a wise head in the dressing room - especially due to the fact we have so many youngsters in our squad.

No way he gets back in over Can now.

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL. View Post
    What about over Lucas?

Hendo gets back in over Lucas.

Emre will be battling for a spot with Gini and Lallana.

What about over Lucas?
    Can

Lallana Wijnaldum

That's what I'd go for atm.

Daymo68 is online now One Post At A Time
    Have to agree.

The last 3/4 games Can has been excellent.

What about over Lucas?
    Only until Lallana is back.

Lallana - Can - Wijnaldum

Quote Originally Posted by Daymo68 View Post
    Have to agree.

The last 3/4 games Can has been excellent.
    Playing mostly in CM. He did have a couple of good games at DM as well.

If we do get rid of Lucas (and I wouldn't if he's happy with a bit part role, he's been much needed in recent weeks) then we need a similar player, ox isn't and I wouldn't class Keita as either

Surely it means we get a decent dm ? I like hendo but he's not exactly been reliable since klopp came

Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    If we do get rid of Lucas (and I wouldn't if he's happy with a bit part role, he's been much needed in recent weeks) then we need a similar player, ox isn't and I wouldn't class Keita as either

Surely it means we get a decent dm ? I like hendo but he's not exactly been reliable since klopp came
    If we pull off our signings, it will be something like this...

DM: Henderson, Emre, (Lucas)
    MF: Keita, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Chamberlain, Grujic (with Chamberlain also deputising for Mane/Coutinho from time to time)

I think Klopp really likes Hendo in that holding role - but I would still keep Lucas due to Hendo's injury record.

MF: Keita, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Chamberlain, Grujic (with Chamberlain also deputising for Mane/Coutinho from time to time)

I think Klopp really likes Hendo in that holding role - but I would still keep Lucas due to Hendo's injury record.
    For me that looks short in dm without Lucas, your basically praying to the great mackham God that hendo is "risen" and stays fit , and I would t trust Stewart either

But yeah hendo excelled in that role more than I expected tbf, just don't like his injury record

Seven or eight players... and I only see maybe one combination that could make a good enough midfield duo. I find it ridiculous to sign players who need to play in a three and have someone holding their hand. But if we are going to insist on playing attacking midfielders as CMs, we seriously need a better holding and controlling player than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by bagaante View Post
    For me that looks short in dm without Lucas, your basically praying to the great mackham God that hendo is "risen" and stays fit , and I would t trust Stewart either

But yeah hendo excelled in that role more than I expected tbf, just don't like his injury record
    I forgot all about Kevin Stewart. I wonder what happens with him.

Does he step into the fray if Lucas departs as another option for DM (third choice perhaps)?

I think Hendo is going to be prone to injury from here on. They are probably trying to figure out how to correct his issues long term. Its possible they aren't sure at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AngriestRed View Post
    This .Proving my point earlier on that Henderson doesn't influence the game either way, he is just there

Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    This .Proving my point earlier on that Henderson doesn't influence the game either way, he is just there

Carlton Facepalmer is offline Academy prospect
    These mysterious injuries always makes me a little suspicious.

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Regarding the OP, I've been wondering for several weeks about the Henderson injury. No way we've been getting the full story. He's been out for ages. All the more reason to lock down Can to a new contract.
    Last edited by NY Mike; 17-4-17 at 00:31.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Mike View Post
    Regarding the OP, I've been wondering for several weeks about the Henderson injury. No way we've been getting the full story. He's been out for ages. All the more reason the lock down Can to a new contract.
    That's the practical thing to do now alright. Can and Keita would work in the middle.

Hendo was fantastic earlier in season

Ha...don't think your point has been "proved" at all mate...I am of the opinion that he has been missed sorely...feeling fortunate so far...