Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 103

Thread: *****Garcia's Bar And Grill-est 2005*****

  1. #31  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    If its meant to be, it will be
    I'm sure you will uncover other gems and treasures from time to time
    Indeed,I've already got my eye on a trio of Christmas lanterns..........
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    Indeed,I've already got my eye on a trio of Christmas lanterns..........
    Early planning indeed
    I do similar though, I keep an eye on items I might want/need (not restricted to Christmas stuff), and when the price drops, I sometimes swoop
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Early planning indeed
    I do similar though, I keep an eye on items I might want/need (not restricted to Christmas stuff), and when the price drops, I sometimes swoop
    I've got a cousin who has all her Christmas presents bought and wrapped by mid August.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Steamed veggies with a citrus and pepper seasoning
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Steamed veggies with a citrus and pepper seasoning
    Toblerone and coffee.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    We're on page two.

    Wow and stuff.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    I made a huge pan of spicy vegetable soup tonight;I'm the only one that likes it so I'll probably be eating it 'til Saturday.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I made a huge pan of spicy vegetable soup tonight;I'm the only one that likes it so I'll probably be eating it 'til Saturday.
    Is it like minestrone with added spices, or more like a curry style, or totally something else?


    Baked garlic butter mash topped with crispy parmesan bits
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Is it like minestrone with added spices, or more like a curry style, or totally something else?


    Baked garlic butter mash topped with crispy parmesan bits
    It's tomato based,quite sweet so I bung in a spoonful of chilli powder to give it some oomph.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    It's tomato based,quite sweet so I bung in a spoonful of chilli powder to give it some oomph.
    Sounds delicious

    But I bet you wont be washing that down with iced black coffee
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Sounds delicious

    But I bet you wont be washing that down with iced black coffee
    I'll be washing it down with ice cream and a mixed berry smoothie.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam, washed down with some coffee
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Scones with clotted cream and raspberry jam, washed down with some coffee
    I'm still on the Lindor truffles.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I'm still on the Lindor truffles.
    Not too keen on those

    And someone peckish has found the kinder bueno bars I had in the fridge The next time I get them, they're going in amongst the preserved fruit
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Not too keen on those

    And someone peckish has found the kinder bueno bars I had in the fridge The next time I get them, they're going in amongst the preserved fruit
    They're not my favourite[I'm a Toblerone addict] but they were an Easter present and it would be rude not to eat them.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,679
    I've got the other half of my bargain Easter egg to eat this evening
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    They're not my favourite[I'm a Toblerone addict] but they were an Easter present and it would be rude not to eat them.
    Better keep those Toblerones outta my sight, kas , especially if they are the fruit and nut ones
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Not too keen on those

    And someone peckish has found the kinder bueno bars I had in the fridge The next time I get them, they're going in amongst the preserved fruit
    It's a sad state of affairs that we're reduced to hiding chocolate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    They're not my favourite[I'm a Toblerone addict] but they were an Easter present and it would be rude not to eat them.
    I could just eat a toblerone right now, one of those giant ones.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    I've got the other half of my bargain Easter egg to eat this evening
    I haven't eaten any of my eggs yet.
    I'd better get a move on or Mr kas will expect me to share them with him next time he comes home.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    I've got the other half of my bargain Easter egg to eat this evening
    Saw a Marmite-flavoured egg (both in egg shape and Marmite jar shape) .. Its on a good deal but anyone knows if its worth it? I mean, if I do like chocolate and don't mind Marmite, but, them two together?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs that we're reduced to hiding chocolate.
    Are you having to do the same?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Are you having to do the same?
    Yes!
    I'm happy to share, and so is Mr Shiny really. He just has no willpower to not eat everything in one go!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Saw a Marmite-flavoured egg (both in egg shape and Marmite jar shape) .. Its on a good deal but anyone knows if its worth it? I mean, if I do like chocolate and don't mind Marmite, but, them two together?
    Hmm, not sure what that would be like?
    I saw that the makers of Branston pickle were thinking of doing an egg shape with the outside made of cheese, then a gooey bit of soft cheese, with branston pickle in the middle.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Better keep those Toblerones outta my sight, kas , especially if they are the fruit and nut ones
    I used to like the soft centred ones in the blue wrapper best but you can't get them anymore.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    Yes!
    I'm happy to share, and so is Mr Shiny really. He just has no willpower to not eat everything in one go!
    I'm not selfish either, but certain types and flavours are off limits to the rest, as they're for my personal consumption
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    -MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,385
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    I used to like the soft centred ones in the blue wrapper best but you can't get them anymore.
    Never ever seen them once! What do they taste like?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    Hmm, not sure what that would be like?
    I saw that the makers of Branston pickle were thinking of doing an egg shape with the outside made of cheese, then a gooey bit of soft cheese, with branston pickle in the middle.
    Iceland had an Easter cheese with bits of raspberry and white chocolate in it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    Never ever seen them once! What do they taste like?
    They were lovely,the centre was a sort of praline;Mr kas used to buy them for me when he worked in Holland.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    kas74 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33,300
    Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    Yes!
    I'm happy to share, and so is Mr Shiny really. He just has no willpower to not eat everything in one go!
    Mr kas is the same,he'd eaten two huge eggs and a small box of Celebrations by Monday morning.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •