Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: *****Garcia's Bar And Grill-est 2005*****

aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by kas74 View Post
    The thrills,the spills,the time someone left an empty chocolate finger box in the biccie barrel!!
    we never had them mate, only rich people had those, we had rich tea ugh; chocolate fingers were christmas only
    dont look back in anger.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

kas74 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    we never had them mate, only rich people had those, we had rich tea ugh; chocolate fingers were christmas only
    We had them but they were strictly rationed,helping yourself to more than one was forbidden.
    Actually,helping yourself was forbidden full stop.

We had them but they were strictly rationed,helping yourself to more than one was forbidden.
    Actually,helping yourself was forbidden full stop.
    we had a brown biscuit barrel with a cream flower on the side all bent and bashed up, full of **** biscuits it was our only treat was the very rare occasion Dad was home and we had ginger nuts !
    dont look back in anger.

we had a brown biscuit barrel with a cream flower on the side all bent and bashed up, full of **** biscuits it was our only treat was the very rare occasion Dad was home and we had ginger nuts !
    I can't remember what our biccie barrel looked like;what I do remember is a huge upturn in our biscuit fortunes when my mother got a job cleaning a deli.
    At the time it was the only place in town that sold Fox's biscuits and her staff discount meant we could pig out on chocolate orange creams every week.

I can't remember what our biccie barrel looked like;what I do remember is a huge upturn in our biscuit fortunes when my mother got a job cleaning a deli.
    At the time it was the only place in town that sold Fox's biscuits and her staff discount meant we could pig out on chocolate orange creams every week.
    Kids these days don't know they're born with all these fancy biscuits.
    Sweets too.
    I remember 'sweet night'. On the day my dad got paid each week, he would bring us home a bar of chocolate or bag of sweets each. We never knew what we'd get and it would be really exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by shiny65 View Post
    Kids these days don't know they're born with all these fancy biscuits.
    Sweets too.
    I remember 'sweet night'. On the day my dad got paid each week, he would bring us home a bar of chocolate or bag of sweets each. We never knew what we'd get and it would be really exciting.
    Even now when I eat a chocolate digestive a little pang of childhood guilt that I'm so so lucky to be eating it kicks in...it takes about 8 for the feeling to disappear

A sweet for us was nicking a sugarlump from the canteen me ole nan used to work in
    dont look back in anger.

Even now when I eat a chocolate digestive a little pang of childhood guilt that I'm so so lucky to be eating it kicks in...it takes about 8 for the feeling to disappear

A sweet for us was nicking a sugarlump from the canteen me ole nan used to work in
    Sugarlumps were a source of great excitement in our house.

Anyone finished their Christmas shopping??

I haven't started.
    Have you finished?!!

I haven't started.
    Have you finished?!!
    Nowhere near finished,all I've bought are a few stocking fillers.

My daughter finished hers this week,she started in August.

Trying to think of something to buy for Mr kas's parents is doing my head in.

My main problem is my older children. They all have far more money to spend than I do so can buy stuff if they need it.

I still do them all a stocking though, even the 3 that no longer live at home

My main problem is my older children. They all have far more money to spend than I do so can buy stuff if they need it.

I still do them all a stocking though, even the 3 that no longer live at home
    That's the problem with Mr kas's parents;they're loaded and don't need anything.They don't really drink,hardly eat and neither of them have any hobbies.

That's the problem with Mr kas's parents;they're loaded and don't need anything.They don't really drink,hardly eat and neither of them have any hobbies.
    Buy them a drone

Buy them a drone
    It's either that or a garden thermometer.

They sound awfully boring.

They need livening up.

Buy them a parrot that's already schooled in repetition of a variety of rude words.

I don't envisage having that problem with Mr Shiny's dad.
    It looks like he will still be around by Christmas, but is already talking about getting somewhere as far away from everyone as possible for the Christmas period.
    I now know where Mr Shiny gets his bah humbug attitude from.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    They sound awfully boring.

They need livening up.

Buy them a parrot that's already schooled in repetition of a variety of rude words.
    The shock would probably kill them;I don't think either of them have ever uttered a rude word in their lives.

I don't envisage having that problem with Mr Shiny's dad.
    It looks like he will still be around by Christmas, but is already talking about getting somewhere as far away from everyone as possible for the Christmas period.
    I now know where Mr Shiny gets his bah humbug attitude from.
    Buy him some Grinch gloves.

The shock would probably kill them;I don't think either of them have ever uttered a rude word in their lives.
    Mrs Diddler's parents were the same. Her dad would get up and turn off the telly if some actor/personality said anything disgraceful like '******.'

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Mrs Diddler's parents were the same. Her dad would get up and turn off the telly if some actor/personality said anything disgraceful like '******.'
    I know what you mean,we have to be so careful when we buy them a DVD.

I hate Christmas, this year will be ace as we get the magic back with our granddaughter living with us however the rest of it is just a pointless pile of ****.

Iíve told all my family not to bother this year and weíre not buying anything either, and as for cards weíre making a charity donation; Iím 48 I honestly canít be arsed with pretending itís some *********** joyous family gathering because itís not.

My perfect Christmas would be me on my own with the Back to the Future trilogy, a curry and a can of red bull.

I hate Christmas, this year will be ace as we get the magic back with our granddaughter living with us however the rest of it is just a pointless pile of ****.

I’ve told all my family not to bother this year and we’re not buying anything either, and as for cards we’re making a charity donation; I’m 48 I honestly can’t be arsed with pretending it’s some *********** joyous family gathering because it’s not.

My perfect Christmas would be me on my own with the Back to the Future trilogy, a curry and a can of red bull.
    I love Christmas,the only thing that crimps my doodoo is traipsing over to Mr kas's parents on Boxing day.

I love Christmas,the only thing that crimps my doodoo is traipsing over to Mr kas's parents on Boxing day.
    I love it too, especially the whole build up from now. It's just the youngest daughter at home now and she will almost certainly be at uni next year, so I'm gonna really make the most of it all this year.

Iíve told all my family not to bother this year and weíre not buying anything either, and as for cards weíre making a charity donation; Iím 48 I honestly canít be arsed with pretending itís some *********** joyous family gathering because itís not.

Are you Mr Shiny?
    I know what you mean about grandchildren though. I love having the granddaughter over on Christmas day.

I love it too, especially the whole build up from now. It's just the youngest daughter at home now and she will almost certainly be at uni next year, so I'm gonna really make the most of it all this year.

Are you Mr Shiny?
    I know what you mean about grandchildren though. I love having the granddaughter over on Christmas day.
    Lol Iím proper grumpy Iím full of cold and sick of stupid adverts already trying to get me to spend my money.

That said my daughter has two baby girls to give us for Christmas this year, I do hope they all **** off soon and get their own places

This Christmas will be our quietest ever,just the four of us and the dog.

More frozen Mississippi Mud Pie for me.

-MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect
    I don't think I'll bother. Several rounds of window shopping, and I'll cook/bake myself selected food items, thats about it..

Quote Originally Posted by -MatchaLatte- View Post
    I don't think I'll bother. Several rounds of window shopping, and I'll cook/bake myself selected food items, thats about it..
    Another week and I'll make a proper start,dunno what to get anyone though.

-MatchaLatte- is online now Academy prospect

Gifting and all that, its all just part of a sales gimmick.. I'd rather wait until after Christmas, and buy myself what I might want, when the food/clothing/things are at real discount prices. That way, I feel I don't miss out on anything..