Notices
Closed Thread
Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 3046

Thread: General Election 2017 - Discussion Thread

  1. #991  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    What a long winded way of saying you have no objective evidence.
    You mean apart from Office of National Statistics, Childline, Teachers, being a parent and knowing what makes children happier, growing mental health explosion in children of course no evidence.

    What's your point? Children are happier the less time they spend with parents and more time in school? Prove it. You can't. You know your position is defensible so you're just arguing for arguing's sake.

    In fact can you offer any thoughts on this subject? second time i asked

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...ren-happy.html

    In the past few years, our society has been rocked by reports on the wellbeing of children in the UK. Unicef, the UN children’s agency, told us last week that family life is in crisis, and that rampant consumerism and parents’ long working hours are largely to blame. Out of 21 developed countries, our children come out the worst – even though Britain is the fifth wealthiest country in the world.

    First paragraph.

    Do they have time to play? And how do our children manage the stress of the hundred formal tests they have to take during their education? 3rd paragraph

    British children are the most tested in the world and, not surprisingly, they find it hard. I have seen at first hand how psychologically damaging exams can be for some children. 4th paragraph.

    I have no more time for you. If you cannot see simple truth and natural human logic there's no point debating with you or proving anything. These are the most obvious things a human can ever understand. Love, compassion, care, relationships, unity make children happier than sitting them down in silence and testing their conformity.

    You can continue your points i will not waste another word.
    Last edited by Coach791; 19-5-17 at 15:25.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #992  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    You mean apart from Office of National Statistics, Childline, Teachers, being a parent and knowing what makes children happier, growing mental health explosion in children of course no evidence.

    What's your point? Children are happier the less time they spend with parents and more time in school? Prove it. You can't. You know your position is defensible so you're just arguing for arguing's sake.

    In fact can you offer any thoughts on this subject? second time i asked

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...ren-happy.html

    In the past few years, our society has been rocked by reports on the wellbeing of children in the UK. Unicef, the UN children’s agency, told us last week that family life is in crisis, and that rampant consumerism and parents’ long working hours are largely to blame. Out of 21 developed countries, our children come out the worst – even though Britain is the fifth wealthiest country in the world.

    First paragraph.

    Do they have time to play? And how do our children manage the stress of the hundred formal tests they have to take during their education? 3rd paragraph

    British children are the most tested in the world and, not surprisingly, they find it hard. I have seen at first hand how psychologically damaging exams can be for some children. 4th paragraph.

    I have no more time for you. If you cannot see simple truth and natural human logic there's no point debating with you or proving anything. These are the most obvious things a human can ever understand. Love, compassion, care, relationships, unity make children happier than sitting them down in silence and testing their conformity.

    You can continue your points i will not waste another word.
    he won't accept this, you are unfortunately wasting your time here even though you provide everything possible in the post
    Eagle Face Moron
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #993  
    LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,305
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Is that Ghyll?
    Whoever he is I think he's horribly representative.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #994  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach791 View Post
    You mean apart from Office of National Statistics, Childline, Teachers, being a parent and knowing what makes children happier, growing mental health explosion in children of course no evidence.

    What's your point? Children are happier the less time they spend with parents and more time in school? Prove it. You can't. You know your position is defensible so you're just arguing for arguing's sake.

    In fact can you offer any thoughts on this subject? second time i asked

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...ren-happy.html

    In the past few years, our society has been rocked by reports on the wellbeing of children in the UK. Unicef, the UN children’s agency, told us last week that family life is in crisis, and that rampant consumerism and parents’ long working hours are largely to blame. Out of 21 developed countries, our children come out the worst – even though Britain is the fifth wealthiest country in the world.

    First paragraph.

    Do they have time to play? And how do our children manage the stress of the hundred formal tests they have to take during their education? 3rd paragraph

    British children are the most tested in the world and, not surprisingly, they find it hard. I have seen at first hand how psychologically damaging exams can be for some children. 4th paragraph.

    I have no more time for you. If you cannot see simple truth and natural human logic there's no point debating with you or proving anything. These are the most obvious things a human can ever understand. Love, compassion, care, relationships, unity make children happier than sitting them down in silence and testing their conformity.

    You can continue your points i will not waste another word.
    Good post Coach..entirely agree. I work with CYP (children and Young People) and mental health and you'd have to be virtually suicidal to get a service from CAMHS (Children and adolescent mental health service). As ever the Tories promised this with words (Cameron 2010-to 2016) but didnt deliver. May has so far said the same and presided over nothing but cuts. We will reep what we sow.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #995  
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34,745
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    he won't accept this, you are unfortunately wasting your time here even though you provide everything possible in the post
    true
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #996  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post
    This is my issue with Corbynistas and socialists in general. Rather than take the more reasoned 'I can see why you would think that, however......' line, instead, they resort to the 'you're all just brainwashed sheep' line which really serves no relevant purpose whatsoever.
    With people like you using words like the bolded, clearly lifted directly from the right wing media- which isn't influencing you at all....you have just lost the argument mate.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #997  
    LovelyCushionedHeader is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,305
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    With people like you using words like the bolded, clearly lifted directly from the right wing media- which isn't influencing you at all....you have just lost the argument mate.
    Are you telling me "comrade Corbyn" isn't "unelectable" and won't head a "coalition of chaos"?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #998  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,520
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    With people like you using words like the bolded, clearly lifted directly from the right wing media- which isn't influencing you at all....you have just lost the argument mate.
    Indeed so.

    The really odd thing to me is that someone as seemingly intelligent as shody should fall into this.

    I suppose there are non so blind as those that wont see.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #999  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    Are you telling me "comrade Corbyn" isn't "unelectable" and won't head a "coalition of chaos"?
    Nice!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #1000  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoscoch View Post
    Indeed so.

    The really odd thing to me is that someone as seemingly intelligent as shody should fall into this.

    I suppose there are non so blind as those that wont see.
    I know a large number of people who fall for the same things. It is so repetetive and constant in all forms of media, it is difficult not to be influenced. However, we can now see a clear difference between the two parties capable of forming a government. One has progressive, forward thinking policies that will help all working people both old and young, all over the country. Will demand proper payment of due taxes from all sources and has set itself up at the party to represent the 95% and have put forward a fully costed manifesto to achieve its aims.

    The other...........well, they are the first government ever to be found guilty by the UN of a systematic violation of the human rights of the disabled - not to be scoffed at, but totaly ignored in the MSM!!! Add to that, their manifesto!!! death tax, dementia tax, removing school meals from infants, NHS privatisation, NI rate rises, income tax rises....but....but...corporate tax cuts and a reduction in the highest rate of tax, which of course only benefits their own.

    I always wonder about the mind set of people at election time......money will always vote in it's own self interest, this much is clear. So, the money has to convince the rest of us to use our political freedom to vote to keep the moneyed few in power, how can this be achieved? We are seeing a good example of how, every day in the MSM.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #1001  
    shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    43,144
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    With people like you using words like the bolded, clearly lifted directly from the right wing media- which isn't influencing you at all....you have just lost the argument mate.
    Okay then, Corbyn's supporters. My point remains the same.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #1002  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post
    Okay then, Corbyn's supporters. My point remains the same.
    No, no it doesn't, because you have already shown your hand, so further discussion will be fruitless,as you have already displayed an entrenched view, evidenced by the use of language to describe anyone who supports the Labour party
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #1003  
    shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    43,144
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    No, no it doesn't, because you have already shown your hand, so further discussion will be fruitless,as you have already displayed an entrenched view, evidenced by the use of language to describe anyone who supports the Labour party
    Okay.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #1004  
    GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,927
    Tory policy.

    Die before you get old...or we take your inheritance and dignity.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #1005  
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    40,731
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    Tory policy.

    Die before you get old...or we take your inheritance and dignity.
    The truth.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #1006  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17,618
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    With people like you using words like the bolded, clearly lifted directly from the right wing media- which isn't influencing you at all....you have just lost the argument mate.
    So what about blairites, brownites, thatcherites, heir to x, metropolitan elite, ...

    As they have all been used to undermine people in the eyes of certain members of the public/party faithful. Just because by using a few words provides a picture of why someone should/should not even consider voting for certain individuals/parties.

    That does include all areas of the political spectrum.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #1007  
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,280
    Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    So what about blairites, brownites, thatcherites, heir to x, metropolitan elite, ...

    As they have all been used to undermine people in the eyes of certain members of the public/party faithful. Just because by using a few words provides a picture of why someone should/should not even consider voting for certain individuals/parties.

    That does include all areas of the political spectrum.
    It is completely different mate, the bolded refers to a style of leadership and its followers, calling Corbyn supporters Corbynites is fine.

    The inference with Corbynista, is likening his support to Sandinistas, meaning communist revolutionary - see the difference? The dig is right there even before anything is said. It is insidious and never ending. However, on the bright side, it surely represents fear, fear that he actaully can win, otherwise why bother
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #1008  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17,618
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    It is completely different mate, the bolded refers to a style of leadership and its followers, calling Corbyn supporters Corbynites is fine.

    The inference with Corbynista, is likening his support to Sandinistas, meaning communist revolutionary - see the difference? The dig is right there even before anything is said. It is insidious and never ending. However, on the bright side, it surely represents fear, fear that he actaully can win, otherwise why bother
    Maybe so, however thatcherite and blairite has also been used as a pejorative as well. Along with other words like elite, posh, red.

    So even if the word started life as a descriptor for the style of governance. In time the word has taken on a similar meaning but uttered as if a knife is being forced in.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #1009  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    What a long winded way of saying you have no objective evidence.
    Coach has quoted a study for the Office of National Statistics and now in a later post, other resources. You on the other hand have provided ZERO evidence for your opposing point of view.

    ... and in another post, you deny the impact of Thatcher on this country, especially the communities she destroyed. You say you are from Merseyside... likely a posh part of the Wirral and never had to feel the impact of Tory policies on you and your families' lives. Hell, you're defending the main protagonist of the 96 cover ups... if she was capable of that, her policies were clearly capable of demonstrating evil and ripping apart cities and communities in the north... WHICH THEY DID!
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #1010  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Quote Originally Posted by reallash View Post
    No, no it doesn't, because you have already shown your hand, so further discussion will be fruitless,as you have already displayed an entrenched view, evidenced by the use of language to describe anyone who supports the Labour party
    I'm not a massive fan of Corbyn. But for god's sake, American politics have polarised elections into some kind of entertaining fight between two people rather than a debate about ideologies.

    I'm not a fan of Corbyn, purely because I don't think he's doing enough to get the middle votes needed for Labour to get back into power.

    But opposing voters who just use him as a stick to beat Labour supporters with are just quite pathetic.
    Last edited by scousechrisj; 20-5-17 at 10:51.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #1011  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by shody1976 View Post
    This is my issue with Corbynistas and socialists in general. Rather than take the more reasoned 'I can see why you would think that, however......' line, instead, they resort to the 'you're all just brainwashed sheep' line which really serves no relevant purpose whatsoever.
    Woman on BBC news the other night "I've always voted Labour but not anymore. I don't like that Corbyn - he doesn't look like a PM does he. Theresa May get's my vote now ,she seems nice."
    Interviewer "Don't you think that's harsh to judge someone on how they look?"
    Woman "Yes, I suppose you're right"
    This is a typical comment from the sheep who read the red tops and the Daily Fail - They suck up all the smears from the trash about Corbyn and don't think for themselves and make a judgement for themselves. I've never heard any of these so called life long Labour voters who switch to the Tories give any specific reason why they don't like Corbyn. They're sheep or liars!
    For the record - I am not a Corbynista - I am a socialist that thinks the policies put forward by Labour this time are relevant to me and I believe will make this country a better place to live for everyone - we would not have them if Corbyn hadn't been leader. It would have been more Tory lite guff which wouldn't get Labour elected either!
    You judge socialists the same way you accuse them of judging others - hypocrite!
    The Long and Winding Road
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #1012  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    I think stuff like this feeds the moron, sheep rhetoric.

    I know he's not everyone.
    Baaa! People like this will get screwed by the Tories and I hope he does! Unfortunately many others who think before they open their gobs will too!
    The Long and Winding Road
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #1013  
    dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,132
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyCushionedHeader View Post
    I think stuff like this feeds the moron, sheep rhetoric.

    I know he's not everyone.
    This type of voter got Trump elected in the USA. No nice word for him. Only expletives come to mind.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #1014  
    dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,132
    Jonathan Pie Strong and Unstable ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M91g4OlGEY
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #1015  
    dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,132
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #1016  
    dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38,132
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #1017  
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    17,618
    Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    Completely agree with this piece and we have less than two days to register.

    All it requires is five minutes on this website. https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote and you will have the freedom to choose to vote or not. However, come 23:59 Monday people who have not registered will not have that choice.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #1018  
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,775
    Corbyn on the road yesterday - starting at West Kirby to support Wirral West MP Margaret Greenwood - despite what the Wirral Globe reporter estimated the crowd to be - 2000 - it looks a lot more than that!

    http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/15...n_West_Kirby/#

    On to Prenton Park - home of Tranmere Rovers FC - around 20,000 at the Libertines gig welcomed Jez on stage and gave a roaring show of support for him!

    https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/sta...94347053010948

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBI2fnkFcRw
    The Long and Winding Road
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #1019  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by pablored1962 View Post
    Corbyn on the road yesterday - starting at West Kirby to support Wirral West MP Margaret Greenwood - despite what the Wirral Globe reporter estimated the crowd to be - 2000 - it looks a lot more than that!

    http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/15...n_West_Kirby/#

    On to Prenton Park - home of Tranmere Rovers FC - around 20,000 at the Libertines gig welcomed Jez on stage and gave a roaring show of support for him!

    https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/sta...94347053010948

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBI2fnkFcRw
    i've actually voted SNP in the last few years because labour in scotland are so diabolical, but corbyn is making me really think about who i'll vote for
    Eagle Face Moron
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #1020  
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    40,731
    Andrew Marr show was brilliant this morning. Ripped into the Tory manifesto like an angry pit bull.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •