Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,351 to 1,371 of 1371

Thread: General Election 2017 - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    So that ameliorates the murder, then?
    Good word ameliorates

So you could say that every time the Tories take office - its too ameliorate the previous labour errors
    Last edited by Mysteron; Today at 10:31.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Good word ameliorates

So you could say that every time the Tories take office - its too ameliorate the previous labour errors
    You might very well think that, but of course i couldn't possibly comment.

Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    If you plant a bomb you do not kill anyone by accident
    That presumes the bomb is meant to kill anyone or explodes at the right place.

E.g. the bomb on the 171 bus as it arrived in Aldwych London is believed to be a premature explosion.

There are also incidents like the second bombing in Warrington where the IRA phoned the Samaritans in Liverpool of a bomb outside Boot's.

This was done about 30 minutes before the explosion but apparently made no mention of Warrington. So the authorities could not locate the devices in time even though Merseyside police warned the Cheshire police.

The target was not the population but the commercial infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    That presumes the bomb is meant to kill anyone or explodes at the right place.

E.g. the bomb on the 171 bus as it arrived in Aldwych London is believed to be a premature explosion.

There are also incidents like the second bombing in Warrington where the IRA phoned the Samaritans in Liverpool of a bomb outside Boot's.

This was done about 30 minutes before the explosion but apparently made no mention of Warrington. So the authorities could not locate the devices in time even though Merseyside police warned the Cheshire police.

The target was not the population but the commercial infrastructure.
    None of this makes a difference. Lethal devices were placed, and people murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    None of this makes a difference. Lethal devices were placed, and people murdered.
    Either way, Theresa May isn't the way....Corbyn is the future. Vote labour.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Back on topic please.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Amber Rudd to represent Tories in General Election debate on live TV

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2017/05/28...debate-on-liv/

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post

I love a bit of stand up comedy

Good word ameliorates

Who will ameliorate the mess made by the Tories over the last seven years?
    The Long and Winding Road

Quote Originally Posted by pablored1962 View Post
    Who will ameliorate the mess made by the Tories over the last seven years?
    True - there is a need for something better - unfortunately the Tories are the best of a bad deal

True - there is a need for something better - unfortunately the Tories are the best of a bad deal
    I disagree mate. The NHS will be safer under a Labour government with Corbyn as PM.

I disagree mate. The NHS will be safer under a Labour government with Corbyn as PM.
    And I disagree with this - the NHS needs change - It does need to remain a nationalised industry, but its incompetently run

Quote Originally Posted by paul143 View Post
    I won't often defend certain terrorist organizations but in terms of the IRA the recent Manchester bombing would not be even close to a legitimate target.

They tended to go after commercial, legislative and security targets along with other targets that make sense from a certain point of view.

They also knew from the Mountbatten killing how a successful operation (paramilitarily speaking) can be ultimately counterproductive in the long run. As it reduced the funding coming in from the US.

Yes they killed children but usually that was accidental.

However it is shocking especially as some of the incidents were just after attacks like the grand hotel in Brighton
    Accidental.? So they (accidently) planted bombs near schools to murder a passing police or army patrol.. Tell that to the victims families they number in the thousands and men women and childern..

dreams-come-true is online now First team regular
    And I disagree with this - the NHS needs change - It does need to remain a nationalised industry, but its incompetently run
    The constant meddling in the last 15 years into the NHS has meant probably layers of management and more time with monitoring ... increased costs which the NHS has never had before... being a burden to the costs of providing a good and efficient service .... which will never be fully achieved. BUT .... if we are talking about the extra management and monitoring .... where have been the improvements which these people were supposed to provide? Other than being a burden to the service?

It must not become privatised either. It has become more stretched under Tory rule and I have seen this at first hand. I don't see this government improving things or changing direction so the only way it will get better is with a change of government.
    Doctors and nurses are taken for granted and put upon by management who are being "urged" to run it as a business. Moral is low and many are considering leaving. If anyone believes it's safe in Tory hands are at best deluded. If anyone thinkjs the US system is better they should emigrate

Quote Originally Posted by dreams-come-true View Post
    The constant meddling in the last 15 years into the NHS has meant probably layers of management and more time with monitoring ... increased costs which the NHS has never had before... being a burden to the costs of providing a good and efficient service .... which will never be fully achieved. BUT .... if we are talking about the extra management and monitoring .... where have been the improvements which these people were supposed to provide? Other than being a burden to the service?
    The constant meddling is because of the incompetent running

Quote Originally Posted by Bewdleyfan View Post

Labour still hasn't named anyone. I wonder who they put up go the same way as ukip the lib dems and plaid by putting forward Jeremy or put forward someone else like the SNP and the Tories.

The constant meddling is because of the incompetent running
    The incompetent running is led by the incompetent government.
    I like to judge things on what directly affects me and what I can see for myself. I have spent the best part of the last three years in and out of hospital, using outpatients and my local GP.
    Nurses are over worked, often starting early and working late for no extra pay, don't get their full dinner breaks and are demoralised by the use of bank staff, who are paid more and don't work as hard. I spoke to few who just wanted to leave for somewhere that would appreciate them more - not just financially either! The hospital I was in could not use the MRI or X-ray equipment during the weekend as the staff were not budgeted in for weekend work. I was taken from one hospital to an A&E when I had a PE on a Saturday - cross town in an ambulance which was called by the ward sister by a 999 call! Outpatients was always rammed, as was X-ray and I usually had to wait two to three hours after my appointment time before being seen. I can't get a pre-booked GP appointment for two weeks - emergencies only and even then I have been advised to go to A&E - which is rammed!
    I could go on and this is only a snapshot of what I've been through - so please tell me why anyone would trust or even believe that this Tory government is the best of a bad deal?

I like to judge things on what directly affects me and what I can see for myself. I have spent the best part of the last three years in and out of hospital, using outpatients and my local GP.
    Nurses are over worked, often starting early and working late for no extra pay, don't get their full dinner breaks and are demoralised by the use of bank staff, who are paid more and don't work as hard. I spoke to few who just wanted to leave for somewhere that would appreciate them more - not just financially either! The hospital I was in could not use the MRI or X-ray equipment during the weekend as the staff were not budgeted in for weekend work. I was taken from one hospital to an A&E when I had a PE on a Saturday - cross town in an ambulance which was called by the ward sister by a 999 call! Outpatients was always rammed, as was X-ray and I usually had to wait two to three hours after my appointment time before being seen. I can't get a pre-booked GP appointment for two weeks - emergencies only and even then I have been advised to go to A&E - which is rammed!
    I could go on and this is only a snapshot of what I've been through - so please tell me why anyone would trust or even believe that this Tory government is the best of a bad deal?
    Its gonna get worse -
    as the population gets older
    as the costs keep rising
    as recruitment fails - more leaving, less starting

Coach791 is online now First team regular
    It is possible to have a competent government in current system?

Tories are not the only factor to screw up the NHS